• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
At this point for future fighters for series reps, Mario can possibly get Waluigi as a new rep (depending if he's regulated as a WarioLand or Mario character), Zelda and Metroid is always up in the air, Kirby is sort of half and half considering Sakurai rarely references any game post Super Star that isn't Air Ride, Star Fox depends on who and where for a fighter from Zero, Kid Icarus is just something I can't see happening unless it's Medusa or Viridi, Fire Emblem is just up in the air, Animal Crossing can easily get in Isabelle and more characters depending if their popularity grows like Tom Nook, Xenoblade can bring in almost anyone from the first game and XCX. I can see Splatoon getting MULTIPLE reps.

Donkey Kong is just a really special anomaly because if that franchise doesn't get a rep via DLC, it's gonna end up like Zelda and Metroid where Donkey and Diddy will be their only reps.

F-Zero probably won't a rep anytime soon unless they upgrade Samurai Gordoh, Mother is a different beast for reps but it's just gonna be a Ness and Lucas type of thing, retro reps are gonna be solo and Wii Fit and Punch Out have the option to use characters (Balance Board can be a fighter) but Trainer and Mac fit the bill moreso.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
We got.
DLC.
Last.
Month.
Smash fans are more like "characters or gtfo".

And yes, we did get DLC about a month ago...

Given the time between each DLC wave, could it mean we'll be getting more content sometime this month?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It feels odd having no Akuma anywhere.
Where's muh Akuma.
I don't even play Street Fighter and I miss him already.

Soul.

Characters are the main thing people are hyped about; even if a stage is visually appealing/fun/viable for competitive play people just won't care, because characters are pretty much the game.

I'm still hoping for Smashville on 3DS. Maybe Wii Fit Studio. Maybe Kalos Pokémon League if I keep up with hopeless dreams

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I say it's good that we're back to speculating aimlessly.

I thought for certain everyone would still be clinging onto RogersBase just because people "IN DA KNOW" are still insisting that it's "most likely real" even though it missed the deadline and it's been implied that there's only one Nintendo Direct remaining this year that probably isn't even ready judging from the way it was announced (which completely shatters any remaining credibility RogersBase had considering the whole thing was based around a Nintendo Direct that was supposedly ready for posting weeks ago).

I'm glad people learned from Tower of Smash and are just letting stuff go. Times like this where we don't know what's coming next and have no credible leads pointing us towards something are few and far between.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Let's be honest, character thirst will never be quenched.

If get Wolf back, people will be hyped but then die down and say 'WHERE'S MUH NEWCOMERS, SAMURAI'

Then turn around and scream "It's not enough, I WANT MORE"

Even when it's all done and Sakurai says DLC is finish, we'll have a leak/rumor running around saying we'll get extra characters and have atleast 4-5 big name members here and on Twitter believing it. :smirk:

The fact is character discussion and speculation never dies and DLC will keep that stuff on life support

Smash fans are spoiled as hell and we gotta admit it

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Man just went full DBZ on him.
LOL @ the hit counter tho

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Even when it's all done and Sakurai says DLC is finish, we'll have a leak/rumor running around saying we'll get extra characters and have atleast 4-5 big name members here and on Twitter believing it. :smirk:
This is so true, and I'm dreading it.

We still have people insisting Mario Kart 8 DLC isn't finished, and it's bound to be a thousand times worse with Smash.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This is so true, and I'm dreading it.

We still have people insisting Mario Kart 8 DLC isn't finished, and it's bound to be a thousand times worse with Smash.
I said it once I'll say it again. People will believe almost ANYTHING if means a chance that their favorite character gets in. Trust me thirst will make a brotha do desperate things.

Man just went full DBZ on him.
LOL @ the hit counter tho
New head cannon confirmed

:4mewtwo:Absorbed Master Core and became Shadow Mewtwo.

My fanfic will come out in the next few days

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I don't understand how Waluigi hasn't joined WarioWare. It seems like such an obvious thing to happen... He's in Mario Party and Mario Golf and Mario Tennis and Mario Kart but why not anything besides the spin offs. At the very least Nintendo could release a Wario & Waluigi game and see how it sells. Or even a Waluigi amiibo to test the WAAHter.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
:4tlink: called. He said Alfonzo would fill in for him.
Only Isabelle and Tom Nook are eligible and there's no real way to swap them out as Tom Nook appears in Villiger's FS, and Isabelle is an AT. Therefore I don't think we can even get an AC character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh gosh...

Homework...

You finally did a nice thing for me.

You stopped existing.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I still maintain that Wario and Waluigi should have been playable in NSMB games as P3 and P4 instead of generic Toads.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
By the way can I just say that I really dislike Isabelle, I think that she's a bit of a Mary Sue and Nintendo's been shoving her down our throats as far as scientifically possible.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005Q8M0?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

>melee
>148 dollars

Jeez, you could get Xenoblade for less.
You're looking at new sealed copies. New sealed copies of many old games are usually very high, depending on the system. Xenoblade is a way younger game than Melee is.

By the way can I just say that I really dislike Isabelle, I think that she's a bit of a Mary Sue and Nintendo's been shoving her down our throats as far as scientifically possible.
I don't feel this way about her. I think the amount of promotion she gets is pretty fair. She is a very popular character after all.

With that said, I kinda don't think she should be a fighter.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Oh gosh...

Homework...

You stopped existing.
What are you talking about? I still need to do a project AND essay that are both due this Friday from the EXACT same class. The worst part is this my Junior year in High School right now :p. So while you may have some free time in college, I'm still doing college-type work in my class XD.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
@ The Waluigi Tweet
MyNintendoNews said:
In other words, the Twitter PR rep for Nintendo needs a raise, and we need a Nintendo Direct so there is real news to report on.
Brb need new sides

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh gosh...

Homework...

You stopped existing.
Well, that's not a very nice thing to say
What if I told that to you?
Doesn't sound very nice, does it?
Are you ****ing ****ting on Isabelle? Don't you dare **** on Isabelle!
She is perfection

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Oh gosh...

Homework...

You stopped existing.
Homework never ends.

Even when you're out of school, you still have to do stuff like cleaning the house.

Which is technically homework. :troll:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You're looking at new sealed copies. New sealed copies of many old games are usually very high, depending on the system. Xenoblade is a way younger game than Melee is.
I can understand that, but considering that Xenoblade is the game that goes for 90 bucks USED, when most GC games don't even scratch that price nowadays, I think the comparison stands.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How the hell is she a Mary Sue? She's your assistant in a life simulation game. If anything the Villager is purely by being a player avatar...

No but seriously...how?

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Only Isabelle and Tom Nook are eligible and there's no real way to swap them out as Tom Nook appears in Villiger's FS, and Isabelle is an AT. Therefore I don't think we can even get an AC character.
^which means Chrom is impossible as ballot DLC by that logic as well. Also another Xenoblade rep. (unless it's an X rep)

Dude.... I get that it's your opinion, but I don't think you know what Mary Sue means. And you do this all the time, you'll use terms or logic that don't make any sense. I'm starting to wonder if you do this on purpose. Almost every time you use a term that relates to the video game community, it's in completely the wrong context.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, that's not a very nice thing to say
What if I told that to you?
Doesn't sound very nice, does it?

Are you ****ing ****ting on Isabelle? Don't you dare **** on Isabelle!
She is perfection
I can't help it, SHE'S EVERYWHERE!!!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I can understand that, but considering that Xenoblade is the game that goes for 90 bucks USED, when most GC games don't even scratch that price nowadays, I think the comparison stands.
True. It all depends on the demand too. There's a lot of things to put into factor.

...Although with that said, it seems Xenoblade actually dropped far in price now? Did the demand for the game settled down a lot? It's going for 40ish used now on amazon. huh?

Last edited:

Chrono.

I still maintain that Wario and Waluigi should have been playable in NSMB games as P3 and P4 instead of generic Toads.
Agreed.

It's not like Wario's a stranger to the Mario platformers either (he was playable in SM64DS for crying out loud).

At least they seem to be moving away from using the Toads, Peach and Rosalina is a step in the right direction. Hopefully Wario gets his chance again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom