• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What do you think about this?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/73361864

"#789. - Dark/Psychic - the boxart legend for Pokémon Moon
#790. - Fire/Ice - the boxart legend for Pokémon Sun

#766. - Pure Flying Hummingbird - the bird we've seen in the trailer, evolves into Flying/Electric

#753 and #754 are ice wolves that will probably be version exclusives to Moon
#756 and #757 are "morning sun" bears that will probably be version exclusives to Sun

#770. ends with "ia" just like "Nymphia", - its the dragon eeveelution

#771 - strange phenomon happened in 2012 when millions of Pea Crabs washed ashore in Hawaii

#724 and #725 are seemingly cockroach's. Squalid means "dirty", and screenshots revealed we have a Motel Inn with a Slaking as the mascot. That implies the workers are "lazy". Imagine a dirty motel with wild bug/dark roaches

The reason why their aren't any new starters on the list is because they're going to celebrate 20 years of Pokémon by allowing us to choose any starter!"

Also #773 and #774 are dolphins, pretty common in Hawaii.

It makes some sense.

The pepper lives!
Well it says it's real in bold, so...

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The malmar in the show was pretty good. I wonder where they are going with it.

And here's a sunbear:

Clearly the evil's teams go, is to destroy the Hawaiin ecosystem by introducing non native species to it.
They call it the great migration.

Sounds intriguing! I can't wait if true!

And what are you hinting at with the thread title?
I didnt change the thread title!

Guess i'm not the only one playing Shovel Knight. :laugh:

Pokemon Showdown has taught me 4 things
1. I suck at pokeomon
2. @Kokonoe can build a team for a tier they don't play in about 5 minutes and nearly beat me to the point the only thing saving me was RNG.
3. Gliscor and Scizor are actually way more fun than I ever would have guessed.
4. Clefable is ****ing amazing and rose in the ranks of my favorite pokemon in a day. Calm mind set ups <3

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I didnt change the thread title!
Oh, then sorry then. I thought it be you as you said you had an interesting article to translate, then the title was changed exactly as you showed up. I was thinking the article could be focused on something with Shovel Knight, but I guess not.

And I just found one of my favorite 4chan threads:
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25381971/one-thing-i-noticed
Only because of this comment:
Screenshot (10).png

And Chapter 11 in Conquest has an intimidating map layout....

Also question, is it possible to capture any major people in the hoshdian army?

I would think not, but who knows.
R.I.P. Brawl leak.
pffft that was fake to begin with

-No ridley
-Why wolf?
-Why is R.O.B. 64 playable?
-Toon Link, really?

0/10 not even real!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh, then sorry then. I thought it be you as you said you had an interesting article to translate, then the title was changed exactly as you showed up. I was thinking the article could be focused on something with Shovel Knight, but I guess not.

And I just found one of my favorite 4chan threads:
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25381971/one-thing-i-noticed
Only because of this comment:
View attachment 98802

And Chapter 11 in Conquest has an intimidating map layout....

Also question, is it possible to capture any major people in the hoshdian army?

I would think not, but who knows.

pffft that was fake to begin with

-No ridley
-Why wolf?
-Why is R.O.B. 64 playable?
-Toon Link, really?

0/10 not even real!
Nope.
There are very few named characters you can capture, capturing is the ONLY means to get them and none of them are good.
Namely because none of them have any supports.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nope.
There are very few named characters you can capture, capturing is the ONLY means to get them and none of them are good.
Namely because none of them have any supports.
I figured! Thanks for the help! It would have actually been interesting if they could allow you to alter the story that way. Of course it would take extra work though, so it's understandable.

Oh and here is another possible hint towards customization in sun and moon:

We'll see. I also just noticed one last thing about a potential plot for the games, but I'll cover that tomorrow...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I figured! Thanks for the help! It would have actually been interesting if they could allow you to alter the story that way. Of course it would take extra work though, so it's understandable.

Oh and here is another possible hint towards customization in sun and moon:

We'll see. I also just noticed one last thing about a potential plot for the games, but I'll cover that tomorrow...
Holy crap! They may use a neat gimmick once again?
It's like my birthday and Christmas all in one.
(No. Seriously. Why do they keep abandoning good ideas?)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, why the Shovel Knight title?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy crap! They may use a neat gimmick once again?
It's like my birthday and Christmas all in one.
They say they like keeping thins fresh and innovating, but if there is one feature they should stick with throughout the series, it should be customization.

It was very well received by fans, and liked a lot. It's also a neat side thing to have. So it be great to have it again and expand it for the fans.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I suck at pokeomon
Unless you manage to lose against me, you can't claim that you suck at competitive Pokémon.

Because they take time to make/ remake and most of these good ideas are nothing more than extra gimmicks that are easily the most expendable.

:094:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
the strangest double post ever.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still don't know what's more impressive about the Pokémon Virtual Console release:

The wireless multiplayer feature + Pokémon Bank support or the fact that not a single bit of the games' boatload of (in)famous glitches were touched in any way.

Ivander

Smash Legend
For any Techies out there:

I have a file in my Documents that I used to have before my computer updated and after updating I don't see it anymore. I thought it was deleted, but luckily I still had the WinRaR files on my Downloads. However, when I try to move it over to the Documents, it says there is already a file there, yet I don't see it nor do I know how to make it appear...

Edit: Nevermind, I may have finally found a possible solution...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So you know, how I said I thought of something interesting with sun and moon's plot, that I'd post tomorrow? Well I wound up typing it up, a few minutes ago. Here it is

Everyone is focusing on the crystals, but what about the comets?

The comets are not on the English logo either. Here's a crazy theory:

There are two evil teams, unlike Magma and Aqua, they don't interfere with each other, but still compete. Their goals are to draw this comet into Earth's orbit, because there is a legendary waiting inside.( the box art ones) or some great power. but I'm sticking with legends for now.

Anyway, the evil teams( who would at one point have been one team), would have secretly been in kalos during the events of X and Y. After Lysandre fails, they sneak into the ruins and examine the ultimate weapon,they obviously can't bring it with them, but they realize that they can recreate it with materials they have back in their region. They return to their region and begin to have disputes within the organization, as to what they should do. There would be two comets approaching the planet. Each contain the mascot legend. In one version one of the two teams uses their version of the weapon to shoot down one in the comets. The next few years they focus on building the ultimate weapon in secret. Then using the ultimate weapon( or something else( which is probably likely)), they use it's power for their true intentions. your character would be fighting an admin and because of the battle, coordinates are inputed wrong and they shoot the wrong comet. In sun they shoot the one that has the moon legendary, and in moon, they do manage to hit the sun one.

now would be a good time to describe the base. Their version of the ultimate weapon would look nothing like the original one. Using modern technology, they were able to make a telescope that contains the power of the weapon. Maybe using those crystals? The evil team bases would be in an observatory. So the telescope would be big but not like the ultimate weapon.

Now moving on. The evil team leader will reveal that the ultimate weapon originally created Deoxys( like the fan theory). The mutation that it caused on that meteorite was spread when it broke into space. Over time, it created two more powerful legends from the mystic power of a comet. The sun and moon ones.

This beings began to help control the sun and moon, and protect Earth from their comets. However the ultimate weapon was used to attract them to the planet like deoxys. Afterwards, we would learn that the being is approaching some sacred site in the region. You need to get there immediately, as the evil team departs.

For the next bit of time in the game, the comet will be approaching the planet faster and faster.

You see news reports of how the comet is cause destruction through the region. you see a news report of fires in multiple parts of the region( that are blocked off for now), such as the area on the way to the 8th gym. This is where we see the fire department rush to put out the flames, hence the concept art.( more just me wishing.hoping, but you never know) We see people being injured and taken in the ambulances. The region would then call for a hero! As you make your way towards this location, you would also learn that the moon is coming closer to the planet, which throws off the tide system, and water levels begin to rise, with flooding closer to the coast.( cue amazing 3d cutscene showing these effects) You finally make your way to this sacred place.( Maybe a tower or something?) Fighting your way through grunts and admins. You make it to the top, with the other evil team's help. Who would reveal that they almost went forward with their plan, but then the saw the effects of the other team, and realized how wrong they'd be. They come to your aid, knowing only you can save the world, as they help you get to the top and then give you the masterball.

In a non 3d cutscene, you learn more about both the legends, and how the world is doomed if they are taking out of balance. The team that didn't awaken the legendary, will discuss some ancient tale( in a full 3d cutscene) of how ancient tribes did the same thing many years ago. And tell how wrong they were in this. They warn the evil team leader about how dangerous the pokemon they just awoken was.

The evil leader passes it off as false and talks about how they can use to enforce order in the world if they control it, as they can take out anyone at any time with the natural disruptions the pokemon causes. The members of the team that didn't awaken the legend, tell you how it's all up to you know to save them.

As you approach, the comet finally crashes down into the ocean near the tower. The evil team leader looks down as the legendary awakens. ( this is after one last battle with them, before it rises up from the ocean) The leader calls the legend, and talks about how powerful they could be together. The legend rejects them and with one strong attack, knocks the leader out and sends them across the floor. You then engage it in battle.

This came out really long, but the plot just flowed to me as I pondered over the comets.

Probably won't happen, but thoughts?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still don't believe there's not enough solid information to make any concrete theories right now.

Gimmie some actually details, Pokémon Company, plz.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There are two evil teams, unlike Magma and Aqua, they don't interfere with each other, but still compete. Their goals are to draw this comet into Earth's orbit, because there is a legendary waiting inside.( the box art ones) or some great power. but I'm sticking with legends for now.
I don't think they'd do this due to the potential controversy from the similarities to this...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so with sun and moon's reveal, does this mean that the 6.5 pokedex leak is dead?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
so with sun and moon's reveal, does this mean that the 6.5 pokedex leak is dead?
Well there's not a lot of information about Sun and Moon...The leaked pokedex could potentially have some cohesiveness based on the region's likely influence and some likely pokemon from that leak...

The biggest thing is the Woodpecker pokemon, which doesn't match any of the information from the leak....so unless it turns out to be incomplete or unfinished, it's very likely a fake leak...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Since SK is in the title, now.

Can we make Butt Butt jokes again?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We have to wait until the starters to actually kill it i guess?

Since it lists the pokemon by number

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think they'd do this due to the potential controversy from the similarities to this...
Hm, I read this, and think I understand what you mean, but a bit more elaboration?
What would the problem be?

And intriguing read! I have never heard of that before.

And I could change it up to make them on team focused on bring a legendary from the sun or moon, to the planet.

In fact that could actually work. And then they accidentally cause a comet to come crashing down into the planet, and you need the legendary to stop it?

Although this could be to similar to the delta episode.

Either way, I still think a comet will be important.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Imagine if Sun and Moon introduced a new type which was 'Space'.

There's already so many cool Pokemon that'd fit that typing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hm, I read this, and think I understand what you mean, but a bit more elaboration?
What would the problem be?

And intriguing read! I have never heard of that before.

And I could change it up to make them on team focused on bring a legendary from the sun or moon, to the planet.

In fact that could actually work. And then they accidentally cause a comet to come crashing down into the planet, and you need the legendary to stop it?

Although this could be to similar to the delta episode.

Either way, I still think a comet will be important.
Well I mean like, the concept of an evil team awaiting the arrival of a legendary from a comet just kind of hits quite a few of the Heaven's Gate marks (where the cult essentially waited for God to arrive with the comet Hale-Bopp before committing mass suicide). Just the parallels in general I think would create a controversy they'd rather not deal with. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I mean like, th concept of an evil team awaiting the arrival of a legendary from a comet just kind of hits quite a few of the Heaven's Gate marks (where the cult essentially waited for God to arrive with the comet Hale-Bopp before committing mass suicide). Just the parallels in general I think would create a controversy they'd rather not deal with. :p
Probably, but how well know is it?

And I just thought of another thought.

What if the team isn't evil but interpreted as evil? Like maybe a comet or meteor( like Deoxy's) is approaching the planet? And the evil team is doing wrong things to try and stop this, but are perceived as evil. And your character gets in the way of their plans. and in the end, you end up stopping them, but it's to late and they can't save the day. They already summoned one of the legendaries to save the earth? Then an admin betrays them and tries to steal the legendary? Then you need to stop them( like Ghetius?). You stop them but have to battle the legend in the end, because it's angry. Meanwhile while this fighting is going on, unbeknownst to them, a young boy in Hoenn has stopped the meteor.

However trouble is still on the horizon from these events....

You then must beat the game, and then:

Cue Episode Z!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Imagine if Sun and Moon introduced a new type which was 'Space'.

There's already so many cool Pokemon that'd fit that typing.
Deoxys, Beeheeyem, Clefairy, Lunatune, Solrock, Starmie, Jirachi...definitely would be interesting....
I feel like such a type would be called Aether....named after the fifth element...I wonder how it's type match-ups would play

----

I've heard people suggest Sound as a new type and that would actually have quite a few cool pokemon as well...
Exploud, Jiggs, Kricketune, Chimecho, Noivern, Ninjask, Seismatoad, etc...

I've actually thought a bit about it's possible type match-ups before...
Offense
Psychic x2
Rock x2
Ice x2
Water x0.5
Electric x0.5
Steel x0.5
Ground x0.5
Sound x0.5

Defense
Electric x2
Water x2