• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Weird.
Weird.
Fetishes.
Let's leave it at that.

Also.
I am still disastisfied with DHD.
And you know why?
:4duckhunt: WHERE IS THE LAUGH?!
YOU WERE KNOWN FOR ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY.
AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE IT.
HELL, YOU WERE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BREED OF DOG IN THE ACTUAL GAME.
Not to worry, the 8-Bit Dog on the Duck Hunt stage has the laugh and trolls us in the best way possible with it. :troll:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
so that IPs still remain fresh later on, Smash 5 speculation will sure be a wild ride
Minus Inklings
iirc Mashpotato Side of Fries said that they were Too Late for Base Game, but Too Early for DLC
It's like Waluigi's scenario
They probably woulda been in
But it's just that one little thing that prevents them from doing it
Just because you try hard... :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

If Simon Belmont ever gets Smashified, this should be his pose:

I have a legitimate question and is pretty off-topic, what motivates artists to draw fictional characters with pooped diapers? Is it because it's cute? No disrespect, I'm just realllllllly curious. :o
It's a fetish. Literally the same reason why inflation and tickle fanart on DeviantArt exists.
I've seen some crazy ****ing **** on the internet. This included. Needlesss to say I don't like it. I wish it was because it was "cute." Then it would be less disgusting
But is it because they just do?
yes

What instigates it?

The strange parts of the human mind that people keep locked away in public.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have a legitimate question and is pretty off-topic, what motivates artists to draw fictional characters with pooped diapers? Is it because it's cute? No disrespect, I'm just realllllllly curious. :o
You're full of surprises, that's for sure....:lol:

I don't claim to be an expert and I won't go into detail, but from what I have seen, it's both a case of it being a fetish some people have, and in other cases, it might just be people having perverted fun, being tongue and cheek and what not.

It's the same for a lot of weird things like this people draw. Some people may also be commissioned to draw it or whatever.

----------------------

I'm stopping now at Episode 14 in SAO2 for the night. I actually quite like it so far. Sinon/Asuda is by far the best female protagonist in the show so far, and might be my favourite character in the entire series. I legitimately really like her and think she's really well written, she brings a lot to the table, and serves as a better protagonist than Kirito IMO. She really feels like the true main character of SAO2 if you ask me.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Not to worry, the 8-Bit Dog on the Dunk Hunt stage has the laugh and trolls us in the best way possible with it. :troll:
THAT ONLY MAKES IT WORSE.

Like... this looks most like a Beagle or Pitbull, and has THE laugh. THE thing that put the dog on the map.

This is some Disneyfied Foxhound that has the sound of someone scratching their thigh through a tracksuit.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I see how sites would act this way and discredit a lot of you guys. But remember, you guys have the sources and go through the trouble of bringing this information.

Don't worry about the dogs and rats of the media of gaming but focus on being yourselves and making SG better.

Worry about them not giving you respect is a fly on the wall.

Annoying, yes but isn't something to hold back on.

You still got a ways to go and you guys will get better. Keep your heads up
It's just...so tiring. I work a full time job and then run SG in all of my free time. I dont hardly play games anymore because I don't have time (I had to cut into sleep to even play Hyrule Warriors Legends for the review).

With this kind of news if you aren't first and clickbaity enough, then there's no point in posting it half the time. We've been first for the past year and a half.

I hate it how I have to lecture other blogs how to report on our information. It should be something that is already known. I hate it that I'm the only one who is trying to be fair and play by the rules and properly source stuff. I hate rushing out translations because someone else is, and if they do it first there will be more misinformation in the fanbase. I'm tired of people not checking the sources, not caring about accurate information. I'm tired of people not recognizing the amount of work that goes into every single article on SG.

If this was the first time I wouldn't care. But it's been this way for the past year and a half. And I'm sick and tired of it.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Minus Inklings
iirc Mashpotato Side of Fries said that they were Too Late for Base Game, but Too Early for DLC
It's like Waluigi's scenario
They probably woulda been in
But it's just that one little thing that prevents them from doing it
Just because you try hard... :drshrug:
At least we "know for sure" that Inklings will be included in Smash 5... and if not, everyone will blow up their heads trying to figure whatever happened with the Inklings

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
  • Dog
  • Brown-ish color all-around
  • Eye rim thingies
  • Wacky Black ears
  • Dot nose
  • Freckle Cheek
  • Has the slanty-eyes when he laughs just like the sprite form
I dunno if it's just me
But this is a scenario similar to comparing Kirby Boxarts
Just because one of them is pissed doesn't mean it should be treated differently
Plus why would the Dog suddenly break into 8-Bit "AA-DUDUDUDUDUDUDU" when the rest of his SFX are all high-quality and nice and cartoony and stuff :drshrug:
At least we "know for sure" that Inklings will be included in Smash 5...
:wolf:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's just...so tiring. I work a full time job and then run SG in all of my free time. I dont hardly play games anymore because I don't have time (I had to cut into sleep to even play Hyrule Warriors Legends for the review).

With this kind of news if you aren't first and clickbaity enough, then there's no point in posting it half the time. We've been first for the past year and a half.

I hate it how I have to lecture other blogs how to report on our information. It should be something that is already known. I hate it that I'm the only one who is trying to be fair and play by the rules and properly source stuff. I hate rushing out translations because someone else is, and if they do it first there will be more misinformation in the fanbase. I'm tired of people not checking the sources, not caring about accurate information. I'm tired of people not recognizing the amount of work that goes into every single article on SG.

If this was the first time I wouldn't care. But it's been this way for the past year and a half. And I'm sick and tired of it.
Well don't worry, you got a free shill to help you out.

Posting articles on 4chan, GameFAQs, NeoGAF (if I'm still not banned) and 420chan.

I'll do Reddit one day but that place is hard to use IMO

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
You're full of surprises, that's for sure....:lol:

I don't claim to be an expert and I won't go into detail, but from what I have seen, it's both a case of it being a fetish some people have, and in other cases, it might just be people having perverted fun, being tongue and cheek and what not.

It's the same for a lot of weird things like this people draw. Some people may also be commissioned to draw it or whatever.

----------------------

I'm stopping now at Episode 14 in SAO2 for the night. I actually quite like it so far. Sinon/Asuda is by far the best female protagonist in the show so far, and might be my favourite character in the entire series. I legitimately really like her and think she's really well written, she brings a lot to the table, and serves as a better protagonist than Kirito IMO. She really feels like the true main character of SAO2 if you ask me.
Yeah,sinon is pretty damn awesome.One of the best characters of the series,even when she eventually joins kritio ever expanding harem.She stays pretty cool

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Plus why would the Dog suddenly break into 8-Bit "AA-DUDUDUDUDUDUDU" when the rest of his SFX are all high-quality and nice and cartoony and stuff :drshrug:
Same reason he just pulls an 8-bit cowboy out of hammerspace.

Come to think of it, that's something I really want to see with modding. Someone replace all the sprite stuff with actual 3D models, mostly thinking about Pac-Man though. The hydrant feels really out of place with the rest of his moves being flat sprites.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Not even the same situation.
They kinda are in that people saw/see him/them as locks. That didn't go so well for Wolf.

As for Inkling yeah they're fairly likely due to Splatoon being a hit (and it'll probably get a sequel on the NX because of that) but don't count your chickens before they hatch. We've seen what that can do more than enough.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
They kinda are in that people saw/see him/them as locks. That didn't go so well for Wolf.

As for Inkling yeah they're fairly likely due to Splatoon being a hit (and it'll probably get a sequel on the NX because of that) but don't count your chickens before they hatch. We've seen what that can do more than enough.
Inklings are more comparable to Olimar in Brawl imo...I won't say they are an absolute 100% guarantee, but I'd say they aren't far off...They debuted too late to be put into their current generation Smash game, but are a fine choice for the next game, so long as we actually get newcomers (in other words barring a Vanilla port)...

DLC was obviously treated differently than the main roster, I mean :4bayonetta2::4cloud::4ryu: these guys most likely wouldn't have happened at all if it were still the main roster...and looking at them compared to :wolf: a semi-clone...you can kinda see why things turned out the way they did...still sucks he didn't make it tho...but understandable if you really think about it...

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
*Sees Source Gaming vid on GoNintendo featuring THE GENO*
*Sprints straight to this thread*
H-hey guys, I was totally here the whole time!

I might be too late for the Geno conversation, but that's not going to stop me from barging in here and mentioning how hype that video made me!

Thanks PushDustIn PushDustIn for the Translation, you don't know how happy it made me to know this little bit of info. I CAN FINALLY DREAM AGAIN!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I just got back from the fifth wave( pretty good and interesting movie. Reminds me(loosely) of an anime I like, as well as one @Frostwraith enjoys)( couldn't see Deadpool because of the younger kids with my family)

and I see geno was considered for Smash..... Well then, that's ertainly something. I won;t say anything to people considering him now, so if you want @Nintenzilla then definitely keep him on your roster!

And Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei What type of "Mushrooms" are growing that we need to beware of?

And this miiverse exploit is one of the funniest things I've seen!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, thinking on it, Geno is popular for the same reason K. Rool and Ridley are.

They're all characters from SNES games.

An overwhelming majority of the stable fandom grew up with the Super Nintendo and then transitioned into Smash as it released.

I started gaming late and during my childhood only really had a Sega Genesis that was outdated since before I even existed with a relatively small pool of games.

I'm the same as anyone else: I want what I grew up with. It's just that the situation is made more uncomfortable by the fact that what I grew up with isn't what the rest of the fandom grew up with.

D

Deleted member

If anyone was wondering why I was gone on for the day.... I was working on yet another mugen screenpack. I finished the last one completely, with 99 characters from KoF and no glitches.... So the logical thing is to start yet another one. :p Why though? Simple. So I could have fancy smancy KoF zillion portraits that use my GF's artwork.

Contrary to this I have for my completed one.

(Well, though I couldn't find those types of select icons for certain characters.)
Well, though my GF hasn't made any for the current screenpack yet. I just started it today, the teams aren't ordered, I obviously don't haven't added most select icons yet, and of course, glitches and errors, but it's to be expected once you start with yet another screen pack. I have to use different lifebars(Because of the localcoord, which is a shame, I LOVED the previous ones I had), and having to edit character programming because of the new system.

Oh, and those portraits are just place holders with maybe two exceptions(Shion and Saiki, MAYBE.) because my GF hasn't drawn any for this yet, though we're both excited for when she does, it'll be a ton of fun for us!

Sorry for the huge post. :p I only posted this because you never know who may find this interesting. Well, that and that's why I'm going to be gone often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh I managed to get Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest earlier today. I'm liking it!

Just got to Chapter Five!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I haven't actually put my two cent on this news regarding Geno...but....

interesting...tbh I'm not really surprised given the fact that he's basically given the next best thing to being playable...Other characters that were also confirmed to be considered as playable (Takamaru, Chrom, Heihachi) are in the same situation also...

I'm just curious what Sakurai's views on Midna and Dark Samus are specifically...I wouldn't be surprised if he heavily considered Elma since she was in a very similar situation as Corrin was at the time of his decision...but then again he probably had a lot of characters in consideration that he didn't mention such as a lot of AT's and probably some in game trophies as well (Rayman, maybe?)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I supported Geno because for a long time in my childhood, long into the life of the N64, Super Mario RPG was my favorite game

Part of that reason might have been that I never owned the game though until much later when I found it at a "Swap meet", which is kind of like a large garage sale but with lots of people in their own "shops"

I remember spending my 5th grade "Fitness" day staying on the computer doing nothing but looking up Mario RPG stuff

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Rare Pepes are on Miiverse? I know exactly how to respond to that.

This scene never gets old. Even there's a comment talking about the cringe levels of memes with Rare Pepes being at the lowest percentage. Not surprised on why so many people hate the ********* joke since many Vines fans abuse it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lmao, guess what website is under maintenance? :D

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/

Posting this as evidence that this actually happened in case anything happens to it:
View attachment 98017
Can I say I love miiverse! it might be viewed as a mistake or cess pool of trash, but I think it's hilarious.

Even without this picture exploit, it usually contains really funny/stupid posts. Which are always entertaining.

Especially on the Smash bros miverse stage.

And I feel like Nintendo agrees and finds it funny, but know that they should probably moderate it, which is why they do.

Even so, it might one of my favorite things Nintendo's done.

And if you don't like the meme like/ funny/ stupid things posted there,

there is always great fanart in the big communities!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I worked for hours today to do a cheat engine tutorial with dolphin :)

Basically, I glitch hunt paper mario games so I use cheat engine to check and edit the memory of a game dolphin runs. The thing is, the original tutorial on tasvideos.......was overcomplicating the process and at the time I learned CE, I used that tutorial and realised how painful it was. It's like, I had to do a thing with a calculator everytime I found an address......

But as time passed, I learned stuff and I learned even easier methods to have it worked so what happened is that the tutorial got really outdated and the new methods are really easy to do, I even found how to do it on linux.

So if you ever cared as to check memory or hack it with dolphin, here, I put hours into it :)

This post took a lot of attempts to go through because I just had wifi hardware issues :(

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This is really good! The work going into pokemon fan games today is surprising!

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I'm the only one that think Metroid federation force is overhated? All the complains seem to be about it is the design or their no Samus. The gameplay looks alright to me, so I don't get the hate, at least it's not a remake.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm the only one that think Metroid federation force is overhated? All the complains seem to be about it is the design or their no Samus. The gameplay looks alright to me, so I don't get the hate, at least it's not a remake.
It's leaching off the metroid name to try and have an otherwise mediocre game sell more

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pretty much my reaction to Geno being considered for both SSB4 AND Brawl:

I guess this means that, aside from Takamaru and Ridley, he's one of the few characters Sakurai has seriously considered for multiple Smash games. Also, that "consolation prize" bit is pretty cool and I kind of figured that with a lot of characters like Chrom and the Inklings.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
It's leaching off the metroid name to try and have an otherwise mediocre game sell more
How!? We know next to nothing about the story, for all we know it may tie in with the other Metroid games. And I wouldn't call a game that didn't come mediocre.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's definitely overhated.

I could say that for a lot of games honestly.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
OMG

A shooter walked into the nursing home my grandfather is in and started shooting up nurses

He then escaped but was gunned down by the cops

Needless to say, my grandfather is horrified

Edit: Apparently only 1 nurse was shot, and it was "Domestic violence"

http://www.king5.com/story/homepage/2016/02/20/homicide-suspect-shot-killed-5-lakewood/80660340/

It was his girlfriend, he fatally shot her (The guys, not my grandfather's)
My condolences. It's a crazy world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom