• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also one more thing,
I've got to say that using Lucina's popularity as an excuse for her to return is incredibly stupid, honestly you should look at a character at face value, not based off what others think.

/Rant
:4bayonetta:Cheeky:4bayonetta2:

Why take a simple villain...
When you can have a superboss?
*insert "Smash needs more villains!" comment here*

D

Deleted member

I still argue that the best Mario Tennis game is the GBA one.
And I'm totally not just saying that because YOU ARE A GOLDEN SUN ADEPT PLAYING TENNIS DON'T YOU LIE TO ME CAMELOT.

Why take a simple villain...
When you can have a superboss?
Because Lyon is a three-dimensional character that makes me cry and I wanna protect him but we need Incest Climbers back first
The Black Knight is the best of them all.
I'm sorry but what?
anna_exp6jwb64.png

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
"The Palutena of Smash 5"
I... don't quite get this comparison.
Palutena being a key part of the Kid Icarus series as a whole, one of the single most popular characters from Uprising, and was someone that was seen VERY likely by the community at large.
Azura's the Lucina of Fates from what I've seen.
Unlike Lucina, Azura would prove to be a unique fighter...
The comparison stems from the fact that she's an important character from a recent title (one that is looking to be the most successful title from its franchise, which is kind of a big deal), who's main character was added as a playable character in the previous Smash game...
In terms of importance to the series Fire Emblem doesn't really have any inherently important characters to the franchise as a whole beside Marth and Ike...who even then don't really contribute much outside of being referenced as 'old-time heroes'...
Even still Kid Icarus only has a handful of titles and the current representation mainly really comes from the recent Uprising...

However there is a reason I mentioned it depends on the timeframe because by the time Smash 5 comes out there may be other characters from a more recent Fire Emblem game that will out prioritize her...but at this point that's my stance on this character...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
We can't say Jack on who comes back.

All the FE characters have major pluses and none of those plusses are going to stop existing,

It's why we should just get all six with no newcomer.
You've convinced me. I have now Cut Anna and Added back Roy in my roster.

I blame all the Roy fans for DEMANDING a CLONE instead of a potentially unique/uniquer NEWCOMER / VETERAN.
Thanks for 3 Marths and making Roy a two-time veteran which doubles his veteran status attributes and so should stay along with Lucina. :/
Also one more thing,
I've got to say that using Lucina's popularity as an excuse for her to return is incredibly stupid, honestly you should look at a character at face value, not based off what others think.

/Rant
Sounds exactly like Roy in Smash4..... will history repeat itself? More at 11.

And No my opinions on Roy/Lucina won't change.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But she's popular because of what she is at face value.

Besides, if that's the case, let's cut Bayonetta! She's only popular right?

This mindset is horrible.
First off you didn't have to read it... That's why it was in a spoiler tag...

Second off... I'm starting to get a bit concerned about your additude towards me, as you've been like this on various threads, I admit that what I said was dumb, I actually admit it, but I can't ignore that you've been very hostile towards me on numerous occasions...

But yes, it was stupid what I said, she is popular at face-value, it was just an "In-the moment" thing, I do apologize.

Burruni

Smash Hero
*insert "Smash needs more villains!" comment here*
On that I namely cite how few Nintendo villains have any level of depth of varied enough arsenal =/
Hell not that long ago I did my "tiering" of villainy for our Smash characters and there was a small argument over :4mewtwo:being even on the list.

But, legitimately....

Beyond K. Rool, Ganon, and Ridley, you then kinda end up scraping the barrel in one form or another.

Especially when your choices namely turn to Petey Phirana, Gigue, Porky, Hades, Medusa, (Viridi), Magalor, Captain Syrup, and Black Shadow.

Edit: Sorry if this is a little out of the vlue, but it's... something I've been meaning to say.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Black Knight is a badass ************. That's reason enough for me to want him.

Ike's greatest rival, Micaiah's protector, a mysterious character till the very end of Radiant Dawn...

In his other identity, he beats the crap out of a lion all by himself.

The Black Knight is a badass. He could kill a god if he wanted as the Alondite is the counterpart to Ike's Ragnell.

He's a cool guy and also has a sense of honor, especially when you consider who he really is.

He managed to survive from having an entire castle collapsing with him inside.

He's the Black Knight. He's already a trophy, a Mii costume and has his battle theme song in the game. Clearly, the next step is fairly obvious: becoming a full playable character as a heavyweight character with massive strength rivaling Bowser and Ganondorf, with an Eclipse Final Smash to bring forth massive devastation.

I actually want this character in Smash, as much of a pipe dream he may be.

Last edited:
After looking at PS2 games I also added this
USFIV
MvC2
DMC collection
Jojo Allstar battle
MGR Revengeance
Armoured Core
Disgaea
God Hand
Anarchy Reigns
Ratchet and Clank
Silent Hill 2
Mega Man X8
Viewtiful Joe
I-Ninja
Anymore ideas?
If we add ps2 to the mix take the 3 i already said
DBZ budokai 3 (apprently there was a weird remake game but i dont know)
Kingdom hearts (ps3 version is infinitely better)
Star wars battlefront 2 (PC is probably better and cheaper)
Okami

Man i wish i was home so i could see all the ps2 games i have. . .

I blame all the Roy fans for DEMANDING a CLONE instead of a potentially unique/uniquer NEWCOMER / VETERAN.

Thanks for 3 Marths and making Roy a two-time veteran which doubles his veteran status attributes and so should stay along with Lucina. :/

Why you heff to be mad?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First off you didn't have to read it... That's why it was in a spoiler tag...

Second off... I'm starting to get a bit concerned about your additude towards me, as you've been like this on various threads, I admit that what I said was dumb, I actually admit it, but I can't ignore that you've been very hostile towards me on numerous occasions...

But yes, it was stupid what I said, she is popular at face-value, it was just an "In-the moment" thing, I do apologize.
1)But he only replied, what's the big deal
2)He just disagreeded, there's not even a faint glimse of hostility

Roy is the closest I have to a FE7 rep so he should stay
The Black Knight is a badass ************. That's reason enough for me to want him.

Ike's greatest rival, Micaiah's protector, a mysterious character till the very end of Radiant Dawn...

In his other identity, he beats the crap out of a lion all by himself.

The Black Knight is a badass. He could kill a god if he wanted as the Alondite is the counterpart to Ike's Ragnell.

He's a cool guy and also has a sense of honor, especially when you consider who he really is.

He's the Black Knight. He's already a trophy, a Mii costume and has his battle theme song in the game. Clearly, the next step is fairly obvious: becoming a full playable character as a heavyweight character with massive strength rivaling Bowser and Ganondorf, with an Eclipse Final Smash to bring forth massive devastation.

I actually want this character in Smash, as much of a pipe dream he may be.
I would love him despite not playing the Tellius games(yet)
But seriously, as a character, I don't think anyone can top Lyon
I'd like one of his themes at least
Lyon, Lyon(organ arrangemetn), Lost Heart or even his battle theme The Prince's Despair are all great
But all Sacred Stones gets is Preparing to Advance

Chrono.

Beacon Creative got hired by SEGA to produce Boom artwork and one of them looks very familiar.

Pretty cool homage.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Someone thought it was funny, so they recorded a video.
Someone thought it was funny, so they uploaded it to YouTube.
Someone thought it was funny, so it made the front page.
Someone thought it was funny, so they played it in the classroom.
And because someone thought it was funny, I had to listen to the sounds of a Cat falling down 10 stories and dying as it hit the ground very loudly MULTIPLE TIMES.
1) I've lost all faith in Humanity I had before
2) I need a hug to replenish my innocence
How do you hug as a paper?

:)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So GameXplain got big enough to get to meet with Harada...
Sorry if already posted.
Only interesting thing in there was that Absol was considered but not put in.

Pachirisu was also considered due to the popularity from VGC 2014, but was made a Support.

Chrono.

Only interesting thing in there was that Absol was considered but not put in.

Pachirisu was also considered due to the popularity from VGC 2014, but was made a Support.
>Considering Absol
>Not putting it in

Harada why

Unless it's a fake out and it's one of the remaining characters.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'd rather a certain dragon with headblades myself...but that's just me...

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'd rather have a new shadow pokemon game, but Pokken Tournament doesn't look bad. I'll probably get it at some point.

D

Deleted member

You want a dark type with headblades?
I'VE GOT THE MON FOR YOU
BISHARP IS THAT YOU?
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU?
YOU WERE A NOHR KNIGHT, WHY HAVE YOU BECOME A SAMURAI??
WHY DID YOU JOIN HOSHIDO???

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Just give me Greninja and that's it.

THAT'S LITERALLY IT.

Seriously, it's like there's no Gen 6 Pokemon in there

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Someone thought it was funny, so they recorded a video.
Someone thought it was funny, so they uploaded it to YouTube.
Someone thought it was funny, so it made the front page.
Someone thought it was funny, so they played it in the classroom.
And because someone thought it was funny, I had to listen to the sounds of a Cat falling down 10 stories and dying as it hit the ground very loudly MULTIPLE TIMES.
1) I've lost all faith in Humanity I had before
2) I need a hug to replenish my innocence
I had a whole rant typed up about how I wasn't even remotely shocked and listing off several of the other things humanity has done, but making you feel even worse is just going to create more whiny cynics like myself who do nothing for the world and just sit there complaining and telling other people off without trying to actually change anything.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

THAT'S LITERALLY IT.

I just want Greninja as well.

Also Fennekin is there. Pretty sure thats gen 6. But don't quote me on that as I don't play Pokemon.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I had a whole rant typed up about how I wasn't even remotely shocked and listing off several of the other things humanity has done, but making you feel even worse is just going to create more whiny cynics like myself who do nothing for the world and just sit there complaining and telling other people off without trying to actually change anything.

Just go on Vacation away from the world and the Internet and you'll be surprised how things are a lot simpler and just feels nicer.

Also I like dolphins despite being the assholes of the sea.

No wonder Jotaro likes them

Burruni

Smash Hero

THAT'S LITERALLY IT.

I mean.
Devil's Advocate: All Megas are gen 6.
So part of :006::150::094: Sceptile, Gardevoir, Garchomp Edit: Blaziken too.
Pikachu Libre
And Braixen.
That's just the playables.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah but no one cares about Braixen.

Greninja is cooler. Aqua Ninja Frog
I wouldn't say that...Braixen's popularity is fairly apparent...

I myself would prefer Greninja tho...
Frog Ninjas>Fox Witches

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just go on Vacation away from the world and the Internet and you'll be surprised how things are a lot simpler and just feels nicer.

Also I like dolphins despite being the ******** of the sea.

No wonder Jotaro likes them
Dolphins are pretty much people in terms of their moral compass, for better or worse.

They're just cuter.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Dolphins are pretty much people in terms of their moral compass, for better or worse.

They're just cuter.
Hey, people can be cute.

I wouldn't say that...Braixen's popularity is fairly apparent...

I myself would prefer Greninja tho...
Frog Ninjas>Fox Witches
It ain't about popularity but more of that the folks want a Ninja and we want our froggy friend

Ivander

Smash Legend
The next FE newcomer will likely be someone from a newer FE game that should be out by the time the next Smash game starts development.

Fates already got lucky by matching the DLC period for Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Sakurai likely won't work on a new Smash title in the next 3~5 years from now... Which is enough time for Intelligent Systems to release a new FE title.

All of this, assuming the next FE game won't be a direct sequel to Fates or any other of the FE games with characters already in Smash (that happen to have a major role in said new game).
Well, there is always the off-chance that the next FE might be a remake. I mean, FE1/3 were remade, so a remake of another previous game/s isn't out of the question. If that were the case, some characters(depending on which game/s are remade) like Sigurd or Lyn could get a second chance of being playable in a Smash game. But who knows? Depends on what the next FE games are before the next Smash Bros. is announced.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well, there is always the off-chance that the next FE might be a remake. I mean, FE1/3 were remade, so a remake of another previous game/s isn't out of the question. If that were the case, some characters(depending on which game/s are remade) like Sigurd or Lyn could get a second chance of being playable in a Smash game. But who knows? Depends on what the next FE games are before the next Smash Bros. is announced.
Just to give a warning.
FE 1 and 3 were remade because they were thought to be "safe" and easy cash to rebuild after the struggles from the Tellius games.
And even then, they were not boons. Awakening was STILL a make or break deal for the series.
Not saying that YOU believe this, but just a general warning that remakes are certainly not likely.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was pointing out NiGHTS specifically because they've been the one showing up the most as of late (Runners, Lost World and whatever abomination NiGHTS turned into in Transformed with only 1 eyelash), not because they ain't makin' it.
If anything, I'd be mad because we haven't gotten a new Jet Set Radio or Monkey Ball yet or atleast not having them appear in some sort of prominence (Especially JSR)
Honestly I could care less about NiGHTS aside from the Soundtrack being nice and the CGI cutscenes being amazing :drshrug:

#SaveAiAi
Monkey Ball got a game last year, like I said. It's one of SEGA's flagship franchises.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom