• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Out of all the FE reps, Lucina actually have a much better chance of coming back.

I think she'll get decloned and given then the Luigification treatment like Falco, Ganondorf and Roy did.

Her popularity is still strong despite being behind Marth and Ike.

The only one I don't see coming back is Roy and MAYBE Corrin and that last one is a massive maybe.

Lucina won't be cut but she'll either be an alt for Marth or decloned
Eh, Roy is a vet, he's appeared in both Melee and For, I don't really see any reason to cut him.

He's not popular in Fire Emblem but he is in Smash, I just can't see him being cut.

Lucina I can, she's just not as unique as other characters.

I'm looking at a list of games available on the PS3 I'd like. I've found good games, but I'd like recommendations if possible
USFIV
MvC2
DMC collection
Jojo Allstar battle
MGR Revengeance
Armoured Core
Disgaea
God Hand
Anarchy Reigns
Anyone got an idea what I'd like?
Automatically recommending every game related to ratchet and clank, jak and daxter, and sly cooper.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Out of all the FE reps, Lucina actually have a much better chance of coming back.

I think she'll get decloned and given then the Luigification treatment like Falco, Ganondorf and Roy did.

Her popularity is still strong despite being behind Marth and Ike.

The only one I don't see coming back is Roy and MAYBE Corrin and that last one is a massive maybe.

Lucina won't be cut but she'll either be an alt for Marth or decloned
I can't see Doc, DP, or Lucina being demoted down to alts. (Edit: To elaborate, they were worked on as alts first for this game and then promoted later with some loose qualifications. If they were to be worked on FOR Smash 5, they'd be made to be fighters and would be an all or nothing because of the minimal gap FROM alt to fighter that they had).
Roy coming back BECAUSE of his popularity (and never being intended to be cut) gives him a better chance.
Yes, Lucina's popular now but Awakening's still very fresh in people's heads and there are examples of popular lords falling out of their high place as their games lose recency and also...
Smash has a bit of a history of cutting low-priority clones.
:drmario::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::lucas::wolf:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That more or less summarizes my feelings towards Awakening. Looking through the comments, Awakening is pretty much the Melee vs. Brawl of the series in more ways than one.

I hope Fates is an overall improvement, but it is still not a game that I want to directly support IS/Nintendo with my $ given what is currently known about it.
I don't think Awakening is a bad game per se
But rather a bad FE game
It's a good title for newcomers but
Some gameplay mechanics were either removed or simplified(mission objectives, no interactable map tiles outside of villages, etc), balancing is wonky(it really gave me the wrong impression about how strong magic really is), Light Magic is completely gone, classes lost some of their unique gimmicks(mounted units being able to move after using an item, Pegasus Knights not being able to triple attack, Thieves not being able to steal, etc) and the ****ing map design

As for the Story:
Too streamlined, Walhart's Arc is complete filler(though it's the best ganeplay wise ironically), most characters are too one-dimensional compared to previous ones(Gaius likes candy, that's it; Lon'qu is afraid of vaginas because of his Dark and Troubled Past, that's it; Sumia bakes pies and trips; Cordelia is perfect and not in the good way; Tharja is Trasha; Panne is a "Remember the new guy" because of her Taguel race; Chrom is basically Ike who was basically Hector but without the things that made him cool, etc), almost all the villains are the same and basically watered down versions of previous oness(Validar is evil for the evils like Nergal but without the simpathetic qualities he had, Aversa is Sonia but not hateable(in the good way) nor likeable, Walhart is probably based on a villain from a game I didn't play, Grima is Medeus and Gangrel is LITERALLY Ashnard)
Also, no characters but Chrom, Robin and Say'ri get special battle dialogue. Not even characters that just betrayed their commander

But it's not all bad though
The children characters are great and do not fall short like their parents
Inigo tries to act like a Chivarlous Pervert to hide his insecurities and someon who tries to motivate his friends so they don't fall into despair. This also fits as his mother is a Dancer who is basically a Bard if 7 is anything to go by.
Owain is a Stepford Smiler who, like Inigo, tries to motivate his friends by being always in a good mood
Severa has several issues that are a cause of her not thinking she would ever be able to live up to her perfect mother
Laurent is a perfectionist because he grewbup in a world where failing to notice the smallest details could mean death and had to spent about 5 years all alone in a desert village on a time he knew nothing about and that obviously didn't end good for his mental health
Female Morgan is probably the cutest thing to ever be created and I wanna protect her

The best maps are on the previously mentioned Walhart Arc
The Feroxi Port, BOAT MAPS, that tree with Tiki, the fort with the one single female boss not counting Aversa, A ****ING ERUPTING VOLCANO and its last map on Walhart's Castle are all well-designed in contrast to the rest of the game

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We can't say Jack on who comes back.

All the FE characters have major pluses and none of those plusses are going to stop existing,

It's why we should just get all six with no newcomer.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can see Lucina and Dark Pit returning in the same vein as Dr. Mario did.

Dr. Mario still shares the majority of animations with Mario is is the only clone to not return as a semi-clone. (He only has 2 different moves, who are themselves similar to Luigi's and pre-Brawl Mario.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All the FE characters have major pluses and none of those pleases are going to stop existing,

I think we should stay with all of them and add Anna and Hector
Sounds better imo

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm honestly not sure who we might lose in Smash 5. I don't really like to point fingers either so I suppose I'll just say that I hope that Toon Link and Villager both come back and I'll be fine. (I don't need to worry about Ness, at least I shouldn't....)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

All the FE characters have major pluses and none of those pleases are going to stop existing,

*And then out of no where a mysterious girl dashes in*
"I don't think so!"

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I forgot to say on my gaint ass post but I hobestly think Gangrel is a good character
But he suffers from All There in The Manual
Almost all of his backstory info is on the japanese website
And he also works as a good deconstruction for Ashnard's character archtype
No. I'm safe. She's locked behind a DLC wall.
*Buys DLC*
Lol rip in pasta swump

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In all seriousness, with all the characters Fire Emblem has now, Anna doesn't look very appealing any more. I'd rather just keep everyone.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh yeah, I forgot to say on my gaint *** post but I hobestly think Gangrel is a good character
But he suffers from All There in The Manual
Almost all of his backstory info is on the japanese website
And he also works as a good deconstruction for Ashnard's character archtype
Gangrel's story is elaborated a bit on the paralogue where you recruit him and in the few support conversations he has.

(As well as the "Scramble" DLC maps... That I didn't buy. lol)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm going to this.

Making my tag "#SavePikaPants".

And am going to make it to the finals in New York.

Ya'll think I'm kidding. I'm not.

There's one in GA 20 minutes from me in the middle of nowhere. It's free. I'm going to New York baby.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Roy and Lucina are the only FE characters I can see cut, they are very easily expendable and can be replaced by future characters who would be added due to the fanbase's popularity and is able to be cloned.

If there came cuts, FE is probably high on the cut list with the last-minute clones.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
In all seriousness, with all the characters Fire Emblem has now, Anna doesn't look very appealing any more. I'd rather just keep everyone.
I think I speak for some of us when I say I disagree. One cut won't hurt that much.
Not quite.
Anna runs the one-time free DLC that gives either the witch or ballistician promotion items.
Anna's actual recruitment map is like $1.
What!? WHY IS THIS GAME SO MISMANAGED!?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Someone thought it was funny, so they recorded a video.
Someone thought it was funny, so they uploaded it to YouTube.
Someone thought it was funny, so it made the front page.
Someone thought it was funny, so they played it in the classroom.
And because someone thought it was funny, I had to listen to the sounds of a Cat falling down 10 stories and dying as it hit the ground very loudly MULTIPLE TIMES.
1) I've lost all faith in Humanity I had before
2) I need a hug to replenish my innocence

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
At this point the only Fire Emblem newcomer I see happening is Azura...this entirely depends on the timeframe and whether or not a new Fire Emblem game is released by the time they decide upon a roster...but if Smash 5 happens soon enough, Azura could very well be the Palutena of Smash 5...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And because someone thought it was funny, I had to listen to the sounds of a Cat falling down 10 stories and dying as it hit the ground very loudly MULTIPLE TIMES.
O.O What the actual **** is this. I hate my cat, but if someone threw it out of a building, I'd threw them out of it too. That **** needs to be reported to the police

Chrono.

Next game FE shouldn't get any more characters.

Kinda like how Mario didn't get any new characters in Brawl (Unless you count Wario).

Burruni

Smash Hero
At this point the only Fire Emblem newcomer I see happening is Azura...this entirely depends on the timeframe and whether or not a new Fire Emblem game is released by the time they decide upon a roster...but if Smash 5 happens soon enough, Azura could very well be the Palutena of Smash 5...
"The Palutena of Smash 5"
I... don't quite get this comparison.
Palutena being a key part of the Kid Icarus series as a whole, one of the single most popular characters from Uprising, and was someone that was seen VERY likely by the community at large.
Azura's the Lucina of Fates from what I've seen.

D

Deleted member

I doubt Roy will be cut as he basically represents the Elibe games
Lucina is popular but Robin is there for Awakening
I still say we can't predict ****
Gangrel's story is elaborated a bit on the paralogue where you recruit him and in the few support conversations he has.

(As well as the "Scramble" DLC maps... That I didn't buy. lol)
He becomes a death seeker on the paralogue
Which also adds to the deconstruction as someone who crossed the Moral Event Horizon like him would end up feeling disgusted with their actions
I just wish he could have been moe relevant than just the first arc
I'm going to this.

Making my tag "#SavePikaPants".

And am going to make it to the finals in New York.

Ya'll think I'm kidding. I'm not.

There's one in GA 20 minutes from me in the middle of nowhere. It's free. I'm going to New York baby.
#FreePikaPants
#SavePikaPants
We can do this
*hugs*
Shhh... everything's gonna be okay
What!? WHY IS THIS GAME SO MISMANAGED!?
The before Awakening map is free though
At least for the first month
I'm still buying Anna not only because I like her but because it's sort of funny in hindsight
Of course, ANNA will make you pay for her to join your army :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I hate comments like these because they ignore all of the IPs SEGA uses just because "they aren't making NiGHTS".
Remember when SEGA was a great company with all sorts of games for a vast area of ages all with fun different playstyles and "stories"
I was pointing out NiGHTS specifically because they've been the one showing up the most as of late (Runners, Lost World and whatever abomination NiGHTS turned into in Transformed with only 1 eyelash), not because they ain't makin' it.
If anything, I'd be mad because we haven't gotten a new Jet Set Radio or Monkey Ball yet or atleast not having them appear in some sort of prominence (Especially JSR)
Honestly I could care less about NiGHTS aside from the Soundtrack being nice and the CGI cutscenes being amazing :drshrug:

#SaveAiAi

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The next FE newcomer will likely be someone from a newer FE game that should be out by the time the next Smash game starts development.

Fates already got lucky by matching the DLC period for Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Sakurai likely won't work on a new Smash title in the next 3~5 years from now... Which is enough time for Intelligent Systems to release a new FE title.

All of this, assuming the next FE game won't be a direct sequel to Fates or any other of the FE games with characters already in Smash (that happen to have a major role in said new game).

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
you know what the worst part of not owning a ps4 and refusing to ut digital games on princable of wanting to actually won the games? not being able to get the preorder exclusive digimon(and lets face it namco is never going to release them(looking at you SSJ4 vegita for xenoverse) so im boned

*please note this would be the time that any of you with a spare code can be nice and send it my way or ya know be like the amiibo scalper and sell it on ebay for 30+ dollars*

anyway the reason you cant pick pants pika is because its the player 2 color....as in you need to do pika mirrors in order to get it and really isnt that big a deal seing as the original street fighter 2 didnt let you pick your color and people love that game

Chrono.

anyway the reason you cant pick pants pika is because its the player 2 color....as in you need to do pika mirrors in order to get it and really isnt that big a deal seing as the original street fighter 2 didnt let you pick your color and people love that game
That game is also a bajillion years old.

I couldn't tell if you were being serious or not.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The next FE newcomer will likely be someone from a newer FE game that should be out by the time the next Smash game starts development.

Fates already got lucky by matching the DLC period for Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Sakurai likely won't work on a new Smash title in the next 3~5 years from now... Which is enough time for Intelligent Systems to release a new FE title.

All of this, assuming the next FE game won't be a direct sequel to Fates or any other of the FE games with characters already in Smash (that happen to have a major role in said new game).
Yeah, that's why I probably won't start speculating about Smash 5 in terms of potential newcomers until it actually gets announced as various games and characters can come and go between now and Smash 5.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm actually pretty tired of Lords/Avatars/Main Characters, I'm hoping a recurring character such as Anna or Tiki can get in, so we can have a change of pace for once.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The original, OoB one is part of my Smash amiibo collection.

One of the NiB ones is part of my Rosalina collection.

And the third one is gonna be used for a custom amiibo, eventually. I have a second Sonic and Toad for the same thing.

Speaking of Rosalina...

SHE SPEAKS
WITH ACTUAL DIALOGUE
FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE GALAXY 2

AND HER LEOTARD IS STILL TOO MUCH FOR ME
AND SHE'S...standing inside a satanic summoning circle?
"Well then, let's go a fantastic extra world together!"

Probably from the game's story mode.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
EDIT: Yeah I admit what I said was kinda dumb...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm actually pretty tired of Lords/Avatars/Main Characters, I'm hoping a recurring character such as Anna or Tiki can get in, so we can have a change of pace for once.
I'd like a villain for once
We have

So many

Great choices

Mainly Lyon tho

Burruni

Smash Hero
I still argue that the best Mario Tennis game is the GBA one.
And I'm totally not just saying that because YOU ARE A GOLDEN SUN ADEPT PLAYING TENNIS DON'T YOU LIE TO ME CAMELOT.

We have

So many

Great choices

Mainly Lyon tho
Why take a simple villain...
When you can have a superboss?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also one more thing,
I've got to say that using Lucina's popularity as an excuse for her to return is incredibly stupid, honestly you should look at a character at face value, not based off what others think.

/Rant
But she's popular because of what she is at face value.

Besides, if that's the case, let's cut Bayonetta! She's only popular right?

This mindset is horrible.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also one more thing,
I've got to say that using Lucina's popularity as an excuse for her to return is incredibly stupid, honestly you should look at a character at face value, not based off what others think.

/Rant
Because removing a popular character totally doesn't result in backlash. :rolleyes:

We have

So many

Great choices

Mainly Lyon tho
The Black Knight is the best of them all.

I already have enough fun with my Black Knight Mii, but having the read deal would be so amazing.

The Black Knight is an absolute badass that kills anyone standing in his way with overwhelming power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom