• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Remember when SEGA was a great company with all sorts of games for a vast area of ages all with fun different playstyles and "stories" and how they were a fierce competitor with Nintendo as well as having funny slogans/advertisements that were usually over the top

Remember when SEGA ditched all of that, slapped all the IPs into Go-Karts for the rest of eternity to race with Team Fortress mercs and Football MN4GR, Sonic is their only used IP (With the very rare NiGHTS cameo), commercials are now nothing but Wubwubwub and SEGA is considered dead nowadays

Good times :drshrug:
I hate comments like these because they ignore all of the IPs SEGA uses just because "they aren't making NiGHTS".

I mean I'm a huge NiGHTS fan too but:

>Company of Heroes
>Total War
>Football Manager
>Yakuza
>Valkyria Chronicles
>Super Monkey Ball
>Puyo Puyo

These are all franchises they have released games for between 2014 and 2015 that aren't Sonic.

They supported and funded multiple Platinum Games IPs, including Bayonetta, and only stopped after like, 4 or 5 times of them not selling. No matter how much fans shun SEGA for not wanting to fund Bayonetta 2, they had every justification not to and they still were good enough to let Nintendo fund it (Bayonetta is still a SEGA character).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Japanese Cat Mario show recently had a segment dedicated to Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics and they had this cute artwork in it that might come form the game?

The marching band one looks like Naoto Ohshima's style (original Sonic character designer), and the surfing one looks like it was done by whoever does the typical 2D Mario art.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We need a Shinobi and Streets of Rage game made by Platinum. And it must have Spiderman DLC.

Also we need Vectorman back in business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
We need a Shinobi and Streets of Rage game made by Platinum. And it must have Spiderman DLC.

Also we need Vectorman back in business.
They deserve better.

....then again they do make a lot of (top of the group) quality shovelware games like Transformers and TMNT.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys i have another idea.

What if we had Fire Emblem Warriors?

No, well to heck with it i tried.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They deserve better.

....then again they do make a lot of (top of the group) quality shovelware games like Transformers and TMNT.
...It's not really shovelware if it's good.

Shovelware doesn't mean "licensed games", it means "games that so obviously were made for a quick buck and had little effort put into them".

Or it's this game :p

quality shovelware games l.
Now I need to see Platinum games make a Shovel Knight game.

So absurd i might just work

Its been brought up a few times. A lot of people like the idea. Personally I would prefer KIU warriors but at least FE is somewhat feasible.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh yeah I forgot about Valkyria Chronicles, yeah that needs more recognition too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now I need to see Platinum games make a Shovel Knight game.

So absurd i might just work

Its been brought up a few times. A lot of people like the idea. Personally I would prefer KIU warriors but at least FE is somewhat feasible.
"FOR SHOVELRY!"
High speed combos with relics as special weapons and all the boss Knights playable. With Bayonetta and the Troupple King as super bosses

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I see but-
Now there's an oxymoron.
PLATINUM QUALITY DARLING. PLATINUM.

Also whoever made that Kung Fu Panda fighting game, that's pretty cool too. Tottally would have bought it if it was casual me in pre 2013 and happened to see it in a game store.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does anybody else think that Tin Tin looks like a grown up Lucas?

D

Deleted member

Let me play as Joshua or Lyon and I'll take ten
"FOR SHOVELRY!"
High speed combos with relics as special weapons and all the boss Knights playable. With Bayonetta and the Troupple King as super bosses
Why do you think they said Specter Knight's campaign was going to be more action-focused? Clearly, they're teaming up with Platinum Games to make it! :troll:
I wish

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure Tintin is in his late teens...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Hello world . I,m typing on foldable keyboard and t feels ally wird. The buttons aren't exactly even and it s just so soft and rubbery XD.

In other news.... I decided I will watch the Halo 1-4 cutscene movis since the Hlo 5 one was great. Also, Im gonna atch Monsters Uni and some Pokmon xy aime.

And sorry for the mistakes I just wated to try it ot since I havent used it for years. The lights magiclly started working tho which is nice. k this is my first and last post with this sillything.

D

Deleted member

By the way, i like to ask something. ¿Did i miss anything important between Feb 7 to Feb 16 while i was in vacation?

D

Deleted member

I fought a guy on FG and after the battle he changed his tag to
"Why taunt?"
"**** you"
"No skill"
"Play for fun"
I love when people get triggeted by a taunt :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
****, people know about it
I mean
Fates comes out in one day rip europe so have an Awakening ****post video
Warning: lots and lots of swearing
That more or less summarizes my feelings towards Awakening. Looking through the comments, Awakening is pretty much the Melee vs. Brawl of the series in more ways than one.

I hope Fates is an overall improvement, but it is still not a game that I want to directly support IS/Nintendo with my $ given what is currently known about it.

D

Deleted member

I fought a guy on FG and after the battle he changed his tag to
"Why taunt?"
"**** you"
"No skill"
"Play for fun"
I love when people get triggeted by a taunt :p
That reminds me, in general, why is it such a sin to taunt anyway?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So what FE character do you think is the most likely to be cut (Besides :4marth::4myfriends:or:4feroy:), IMO it's :4lucina:.
:4marth::4myfriends:and:4feroy:are all veterans
:4robinm::4robinf:and:4corrin::4corrinf:are unique
:4lucina:is popular but isn't unique and plus that'd give us three Marth semi-clones, so I think she'll get the boot.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That more or less summarizes my feelings towards Awakening. Looking through the comments, Awakening is pretty much the Melee vs. Brawl of the series in more ways than one.

I hope Fates is an overall improvement, but it is still not a game that I want to directly support IS/Nintendo with my $ given what is currently known about it.
I feel the same as you.

Don't get me wrong, a lot in FE Fates interests me, given it's a FE game and ever since I played Radiant Dawn that I started to appreciate the series' strategic gameplay. In a market where strategy games are dying, FE is like an oasis in the middle of a desert.

However, there are a lot of elements in the game that do bother me and I've never been so much on the fence on whether I should get a game or not.

It has a lot of positive points that make me want it, but it has an equal amount of negative points about it that turn me away from it, mainly the split versions (which I still feel that they could have put both paths in a single release, as many other games have done similar things before), the more pronounced dating sim elements, anime clichés and excessive fanservice that I feel that take away from a certain degree of maturity and seriousness the series had in spite of the anime-like aesthetics and fantasy setting.

I feel that a lot of the elements that made Fire Emblem stand out and more unique compared to other JRPGs/SRPGs are gone, which does leave me disappointed. Even Awakening had me questioning about the direction the series was trying to take, especially the beach DLC, but Fates is a confirmation of those suspicions in a worse way than I had imagined.

Judging by the positive press and reception, I feel those things are here to stay and that a game like the older FEs isn't going to happen in a long time.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I feel the same as you.

Don't get me wrong, a lot in FE Fates interests me, given it's a FE game and ever since I played Radiant Dawn that I started to appreciate the series' strategic gameplay. In a market where strategy games are dying, FE is like an oasis in the middle of a desert.

However, there are a lot of elements in the game that do bother me and I've never been so much on the fence on whether I should get a game or not.

It has a lot of positive points that make me want it, but it has an equal amount of negative points about it that turn me away from it, mainly the split versions (which I still feel that they could have put both paths in a single release, as many other games have done similar things before), the more pronounced dating sim elements, anime clichés and excessive fanservice that I feel that take away from a certain degree of maturity and seriousness the series had in spite of the anime-like aesthetics and fantasy setting.

I feel that a lot of the elements that made Fire Emblem stand out and more unique compared to other JRPGs/SRPGs are gone, which does leave me disappointed. Even Awakening had me questioning about the direction the series was trying to take, especially the beach DLC, but Fates is a confirmation of those suspicions in a worse way than I had imagined.

Judging by the positive press and reception, I feel those things are here to stay and that a game like the older FEs isn't going to happen in a long time.
However to the positive of Fates, Conquest, which is more like classic FE from a gameplay design, is getting higher reviews than Birthright or Revelations

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just a little food for thought

Weapon types in Fire Emblem
Swords - Axes - Lances
Bows - Shuriken - Tomes (Anima/Light/Dark)
Ballistae - Transformation (Dragon/Beast)
Knives - Staves

Of those.
Swords, Tomes (Anima/Dark), and Transformation (Dragon) are among the fighters for Smash.
3/10 or 4/13 depending on how you look at it.

So what FE character do you think is the most likely to be cut (Besides :4marth::4myfriends:or:4feroy:), IMO it's :4lucina:.
:4marth::4myfriends:and:4feroy:are all veterans
:4robinm::4robinf:and:4corrin::4corrinf:are unique
:4lucina:is popular but isn't unique and plus that'd give us three Marth semi-clones, so I think she'll get the boot.
Yeah, I agree that it's Lucina.
Marth and Ike are figureheads of the series and the only protagonists of the series to star in more than one title. I can NOT see these two ever getting cut.
Roy's a two-time veteran who got brought back because of his support from the Smash community and is the lord of Fire Emblem's first rebirth (after the lead director left in the n64/ps1 era).
Robin's the face of Awakening for Smash (in part of being coupled with Chrom to some extent), cited for his uniqueness, and Awakening was the second rebirth for Fire Emblem.
Corrin's got that big unique edge behind them that people seem to have largely fallen in love with post-release.
Lucina's got a current popularity IN FIRE EMBLEM and not so much in Smash, but she doesn't have the uniqueness factor of 4 of the other 5 and the series is going to be continuing on with her growing less relevant barring amiibo support. She may fall out like Lyn for Brawl or Micaiah for Smash 4 by the time Smash 5 comes.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm looking at a list of games available on the PS3 I'd like. I've found good games, but I'd like recommendations if possible
USFIV
MvC2
DMC collection
Jojo Allstar battle
MGR Revengeance
Armoured Core
Disgaea
God Hand
Anarchy Reigns
Anyone got an idea what I'd like?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm looking at a list of games available on the PS3 I'd like. I've found good games, but I'd like recommendations if possible
DMC collection
Jojo Allstar battle
MGR Revengeance
Armoured Core
Disgaea
God Hand
Anarchy Reigns
A) Good Ryugie for learning the glory of Disgaea
B) You MAY wanna try your hand at the Souls series.
C) Depending on if you like the writing style of Disgaea, you could go for NIS's crossover games: Cross Edge & Trinity Universe for a little more standard JRPG flair.
D) Similarly, but... more "weeby" would be Mugen Souls and Hyperdimension Neptunia
E) Sonic Generations
Then again I don't have the most expansive PS3 library.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A) Good Ryugie for learning the glory of Disgaea
B) You MAY wanna try your hand at the Souls series.
C) Depending on if you like the writing style of Disgaea, you could go for NIS's crossover games: Cross Edge & Trinity Universe for a little more standard JRPG flair.
D) Similarly, but... more "weeby" would be Mugen Souls and Hyperdimension Neptunia
E) Sonic Generations
Then again I don't have the most expansive PS3 library.
Because you kept hyping Disgaea up I thought it should be worth a shot
Already have Sonic Generations because I got it on a steam sale when my PC wasn't garbage
USFIV
MvC2
DMC collection
Jojo Allstar battle
MGR Revengeance
Armoured Core
Disgaea
God Hand
Anarchy Reigns
Dynasty Warriors Gundam is also on this list now

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah, I agree that it's Lucina.
Marth and Ike are figureheads of the series and the only protagonists of the series to star in more than one title. I can NOT see these two ever getting cut.
Roy's a two-time veteran who got brought back because of his support from the Smash community and is the lord of Fire Emblem's first rebirth (after the lead director left in the n64/ps1 era).
Robin's the face of Awakening for Smash (in part of being coupled with Chrom to some extent), cited for his uniqueness, and Awakening was the second rebirth for Fire Emblem.
Corrin's got that big unique edge behind them that people seem to have largely fallen in love with post-release.
Lucina's got a current popularity IN FIRE EMBLEM and not so much in Smash, but she doesn't have the uniqueness factor of 4 of the other 5 and the series is going to be continuing on with her growing less relevant barring amiibo support. She may fall out like Lyn for Brawl or Micaiah for Smash 4 by the time Smash 5 comes.
Out of all the FE reps, Lucina actually have a much better chance of coming back.

I think she'll get decloned and given then the Luigification treatment like Falco, Ganondorf and Roy did.

Her popularity is still strong despite being behind Marth and Ike.

The only one I don't see coming back is Roy and MAYBE Corrin and that last one is a massive maybe.

Lucina won't be cut but she'll either be an alt for Marth or decloned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom