• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I was thinking of making a display box based around my favorite Pokemon line(Eevee) and looked up how much a set of all the Eeveelutions in figurine form would be...

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Sylveon-Friends-Figure-Takaratomy/dp/B00CHWOE38

:urg:
For 2" figures?

I don't care if you imported those from the depths of the Congo, that's not even remotely a fair price for those.

I mean MY GOSH, you could buy a First Four Figures statue for just a little more than that.

Shroob

Sup?
For 2" figures?

I don't care if you imported those from the depths of the Congo, that's not even remotely a fair price for those.

I mean MY GOSH, you could buy a First Four Figures statue for just a little more than that.
Afaik, they were limited, and that Eevee stuff is fairly sought after.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol. No one answered my question.

Cant blame you guys.
I've failed at every relationship I tried

Idk, just go for it. If you don't, you still fail. The worse that could happen is the exact same thing that happens if you don't try

D

Deleted member

This is a forum made for people obsessed with Super Smash bros.

Not going to be finding to many lady killers/black widows here. :p
And even if you are one, such as myself(Well, for more people of my own quirky kind anyway, which is just the way I like them), it's hard to give advice, because to be honest, there is no guaranteed way out. From my experience, finding great relationships all depends on two things

1. Luck. Trust me, luck is huge, I got lucky even meeting both of my loved ones.

2. How much you NATURALLY fit with them.

Love comes when you least expect it, that's why I don't really even give out advice anymore. I pretty much just happen to fit like a jigsaw puzzle with my partners. I didn't have to try REALLY hard, I was just myself, and as a result, the relationship is very easy.

Edit: Basically, just be yourself, it sounds cliche, but if you're looking for someone to spend your life with, you want to make sure they're absolutely comfortable and loving for who you are. That's the number one thing that comes to my head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?

Ya know.... this is.... a pretty interesting theory. I'm not entirely sold on the idea of Magearna being a modified Diancie, but the rest makes sense.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Outside of class? Almost none.
I have this feeling that you're not asking for advice, but rather for reassurance.

Wanna know how I got my first girlfriend? I just asked her if she wanted to go out with me. Now let me say this isn't always 100% reliable as I got rejected thrice before by 3 other girls (2/3 girls that rejected me had a crush on me -_-) but nonetheless it doesn't hurt to try. Of course you also need to be comfortable with the girl. Love doesn't start when you start dating it develops during the time that you 2 spend together.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really don't think any girl COULD find me attractive

I'm not sure why, I don't think I'm ugly

It just...has never happened

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I really don't think any girl COULD find me attractive

I'm not sure why, I don't think I'm ugly

It just...has never happened
I'm pretty ugly in my own right. But when I get around 3-5 girls who developed feelings for me, I realized that my face doesn't always matter. It's weird, I gained an insane amount of confidence during my years in high school, but it wasn't because of girls. It's because I learned that people don't make fun of someone like that. Rather they can't since I'm not affected by their jokes at this point in time. But yeah it's not your face that makes you who are, it's your attitude. You need to speak up if you want people to see who you truly are though.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have this feeling that you're not asking for advice, but rather for reassurance.

Wanna know how I got my first girlfriend? I just asked her if she wanted to go out with me. Now let me say this isn't always 100% reliable as I got rejected thrice before by 3 other girls (2/3 girls that rejected me had a crush on me -_-) but nonetheless it doesn't hurt to try. Of course you also need to be comfortable with the girl. Love doesn't start when you start dating it develops during the time that you 2 spend together.
So go ahead and do it?

Thanks man.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
So go ahead and do it?

Thanks man.
My favorite part of this post is the fact that you wanted reassurance :p. But yes Swamp! Do it for the world! And remember rejection only last for a day but the lesson learned from it lasts a lifetime

Edit - if things do not got as planned; meant to say that as encouragement but it came out wrong >_>

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, nowhere near as pressing as Swamp's love life, but I have an issue myself.

I.... wanna get a Diancie plush, but my folks are incredibly judgemental when it comes to what's 'manly' and not. I've always been a guy who likes cute things more than tough, cool things, so Diancie is one of my favorite Pokemon, but...

It's
SO
PINK!

What should I do? If I get it, I feel like I'll be called 'gay' more than I already am, even though I'm straight. :S

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I.... wanna get a Diancie plush, but my folks are incredibly judgemental when it comes to what's 'manly' and not. I've always been a guy who likes cute things more than tough, cool things, so Diancie is one of my favorite Pokemon, but...

It's
SO
PINK!

What should I do? If I get it, I feel like I'll be called 'gay' more than I already am, even though I'm straight. :S
Get it anyway and don't tell them you got it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a hulk Hogan "plushie" when I was young and the main gimmick with it was it was advertised to wrestle with

Manly, yes

But at the same time, I'm spending my time in bed cuddling with Hulk Hogan

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's
SO
PINK!

If you mean folks that you don't really care for, then I'd say screw it, just get it, you're going to be called names and be judged in life no matter what you do.

But if you mean folks as in family, I don't have too much to suggest. As I'm struggling with that on a larger scale actually being gay and stuff. :p And the same problem when it comes to merchandise too.(Hence why I've never played some games like skullgirls.)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

It's
SO
PINK!

Well, if it helps here's my current FB profile image
Screenshot_2016-02-18-00-42-29.png

I look pretty gay, dont I? And you wanna know what. I don't really care. Nor does anyone else for that matter. You have to make people accept who you are. To do that, do as you please. Buy the Diancie plushie and keep it proudly

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It's
SO
PINK!

Ask your parents if they like puppies or kittens.

The appreciation for cute things is built into our genetic code. It's called kinderschema. Perhaps researching that might help.

Regardless, you know who you are. If you're a straight guy who likes a pink thing than go ahead. Nothing wrong with that. Even if your parents don't support you, they'll still love you.

Besides, standing up for who you are might be what your parents are looking for. It's a quality of being a man.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a girl that I was interested in call me a brony

I dunno where she got that from.

Maybe I posted something on my facebook years back about giving the show a chance.

It's not like I own any MLP merchandise. I've just watched the episodes on netflix up until however far they were back then.

Apparently her last boyfriend was a brony and she really didn't like that about him

Shroob

Sup?
Ask your parents if they like puppies or kittens.

The appreciation for cute things is built into our genetic code. It's called kinderschema. Perhaps researching that might help.

Regardless, you know who you are. If you're a straight guy who likes a pink thing than go ahead. Nothing wrong with that. Even if your parents don't support you, they'll still love you.

Besides, standing up for who you are might be what your parents are looking for. It's a quality of being a man.
You say that, but standing up is sorta the last thing my mother wants. She likes to be in complete control of things, and any standing up against her she takes as a 'if you're not with me, you're against me' kinda thing. In short, she's not a pleasent woman to be around and I do everything in my power to not be around her.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You say that, but standing up is sorta the last thing my mother wants. She likes to be in complete control of things, and any standing up against her she takes as a 'if you're not with me, you're against me' kinda thing. In short, she's not a pleasent woman to be around and I do everything in my power to not be around her.
Maybe she's holding you down because she doesn't believe you can stand on your own

In which case, the answer would be showing her you can

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My mother is pretty similar.

I don't know your exact situation, but I would consider standing up.

Not because you want the plushie, but because you need to show that you are gaining independence as you get older. You're becoming your own man. It's one of the hardest things to get a mother to understand but it needs to happen or things will never change.

Would Dad understand more? Independence is a traditional part of manhood.

Maybe she's holding you down because she doesn't believe you can stand on your own

In which case, the answer would be showing her you can
Couldn't agree more.

Listen to Psycho and me. We're old. We know what we're talking about. :p

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
The gen 6.5 question has already been answered, but regarding the part about more of Kalos, fans have pointed out that the current Kalos we have only consists of the Northern region of France; it doesn't have the North and South regions. A hypothetical expanded Kalos could look something like this.

The one Southern Kalos hint that I can think of is Kiloude City's description on the map. In the English version, it states "This city, popular with Pokémon Trainers, is a typical example of southern Kalosian life." The Italian version of it, however, reads "Typical example of the cities of southern Kalos." Some fans have taken this as a hint that there are actually far more cities in Southern Kalos than just Kiloude City that we could see in Pokemon Z, suggesting that maybe Southern Kalos could be more tropical due to Kiloude City being rather tropical compared to the other Kalos cities.

There are also theories that maybe this "region expansion" may not necessarily involve a southern Kalos region, but perhaps an entirely new region (Germany is commonly speculated in that regard). HeavyMetalLab made a post over at GameFaqs where he pointed out five evidences for a possible neighboring region to explore in Pokemon Z. He even gives a brief summary as to why generation 6.5 seems likely. Here is what he said, straight from GameFaqs:
hmm wouldn't that be a bad business move? its like releasing x and y without its full content like EA does nowadays. i would think that would bring more negative remarks if nintendo started to head in that route.

Shroob

Sup?
My mother is pretty similar.

I don't know your exact situation, but I would consider standing up.

Not because you want the plushie, but because you need to show that you are gaining independence as you get older. You're becoming your own man. It's one of the hardest things to get a mother to understand but it needs to happen or things will never change.

Would Dad understand more? Independence is a traditional part of manhood.

Couldn't agree more.

Listen to Psycho and me. We're old. We know what we're talking about. :p
I thank y'all, but it's not much help. Lemme put it this way, she is fanatically religious, and has the whole family under her thumb since no one wants to piss her off more than they have to.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thank y'all, but it's not much help. Lemme put it this way, she is fanatically religious, and has the whole family under her thumb since no one wants to piss her off more than they have to.
Would talking about it with Dad or a sibling help?

Privately, ya know?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Outside of class? Almost none.
I'd get to know her a bit more before asking her out. Not too much, as you could get friend zoned, but enough to show interest before asking her out.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Would talking about it with Dad or a sibling help?

Privately, ya know?
Dad, who is third step dad, does what she wants because he's tired of the verbal abuse he gets from her.

Sister is 12.

Grandma is also fanatically religious and believes that disobeying your mother is a huge sin.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dad, who is third step dad, does what she wants because he's tired of the verbal abuse he gets from her.

Sister is 12.

Grandma is also fanatically religious and believes that disobeying your mother is a huge sin.
Y'know what I'd be like.

Hey mom, isn't it interesting how close our skeletal structure's are to chimpanzee's?

And how the definition of mammals is that they produce milk and have hair. What else produces milk and has hair? Humans! And just like animals we eat food, water, and have to reproduce to sustain our species!

And what animals also have opposable thumbs and use tools? Chimpanzee's! Isn't that neat?

It's like we're closely related! Like how our DNA is 95% similar!

Edit: Well, you don't have to do that

I'm just an asshole

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ironically, Shroob Shroob 's problem sounds like a tighter situation than Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei 's despite being about a plush doll. :p

I mean, to me anyway, Swamp doesn't have too much to risk. Love comes and goes for most people and even then I'm sure swamp will evetually find someone, as he seems pretty likable. There's a whole world of people out there.

Well.... Personally, IDK, as I don't want any suggestion TOO big. I mean, if it's going to be THAT big of deal to your Mom, then don't get it, I guess. I don't know how long you plan on going by her rules, but if your eventually going to have your own independence, I'd say wait until then to have stuff like that.

That's what I'm doing anyway, I'm slowly talking to my parents about me personally and my preffrences, and a lot of things seem to just not go through their heads, perhaps just because of old age, as it's not like they're traditional or religious. They just don't understand some concepts, like how I'm not trans but I still want to look very effeminate. TBH, I don't even know how they'd react to me being in love with another male and a black girl.

But what happens, happens. If they don't accept me by the time I'm an adult, then it's a goodbye until they do. Sounds cruel, but I don't really have that big of a bond with them, though I want them to still be family and support me and not just donors to my existence.

Anyway, not that any of my personal stuff applies to what's going on with Shroob, his case just reminded me, so I thought I'd share.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ask your mom

"Hey, if Adam and Eve didn't have the knowledge of good and evil, how were they supposed to know that disobeying God was wrong?"

Edit: I'm pretty sure this question stumped even the preacher at Church

We actually stopped going to church because the people in it seemed to start worshipping the preacher just as much as God

He started "talking in tongues"

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It's
SO
PINK!

You know what you do? You stop caring. Frankly, if they're using gay as an insult, they're the problem, not you. You're a good person and you should be proud of what you like. Be a real man. Be proud of what you are and what you like. Don't let anyone dictate your preferences. Flaunt that Plushie and stand up tall and proud. Or small and proud if you're short. Either way, hold your head up high.

D

Deleted member

Ask your mom

"Hey, if Adam and Eve didn't have the knowledge of good and evil, how were they supposed to know that disobeying God was wrong?"

Edit: I'm pretty sure this question stumped even the preacher at Church

We actually stopped going to church because the people in it seemed to start worshipping the preacher just as much as God

He started "talking in tongues"
Shroob's problem isn't really religion itself though. Rather, it's that his Mother is strict and religion is her excuse, it seems. Because problems like these can happen without it, as I've mentioned, my parents are agnostic, yet, I've got pretty of issue they got with me. Mainly prefferences. Though my Dad's views are based upon his lifestyle as a kid, having very traditional views.(Most of it not even religious, just more of an Italian street cred way) And yet, there's probably plenty of religious people out there that would be fine with me. As an agnostic-atheist, I don't really have a problem with religion until it starts contradicting the reality of things for the negative.But it can be positive at times, faith and stuff along those lines helps a lot of people, just not me. Which is fine, I'm not going to hunt people down.

Sorry for the big posts, I just like to discuss and share ideas.

D

Deleted member

It's
SO
PINK!

Be a man for once in your life and buy that goddamn plush i already if you want it so much
Honestly, I kinda know how you feel, though there isn't much repercussion for liking non-"manly" things where I live
Emphasis on "much" because there's still some here
But seriously, don't care about it. It's just a plush and if they think you're gay for that, that's their problem, not yours.
A plush that doesn't affect their lives and a word that shouldn't be used as an insult

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shroob's problem isn't really religion itself though. Rather, it's that his Mother is strict and religion is her excuse, it seems. Because problems like these can happen without it, as I've mentioned, my parents are agnostic, yet, I've got pretty of issue they got with me. Mainly prefferences. Though my Dad's views are based upon his lifestyle as a kid, having very traditional views.(Most of it not even religious, just more of an Italian street cred way) And yet, there's probably plenty of religious people out there that would be fine with me. As an agnostic-atheist, I don't really have a problem with religion until it starts contradicting the reality of things for the negative.But it can be positive at times, faith and stuff along those lines helps a lot of people, just not me. Which is fine, I'm not going to hunt people down.

Sorry for the big posts, I just like to discuss and share ideas.
Well, my "suggestions" aren't really to have a serious discussion on religion

More an act of defiance. maybe a passive aggressive act of defiant if you say it more casually...

That I would not suggest actually following through with.

Edit:

Crochet Squirtle evolution line!

If I had an extra $70

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Morally wrong?

Probably didn't know. Serpent took advantage of that.

Adam and Eve are pretty child like in personality and speech.

Read the serpent's coercion closely. It's like tricking a child into doing something wrong. It's just that the fruit took away their innocence and made them realize the situation.

If that makes sense?

Shroob Shroob

You could ask why they think its a sin and ask them to back it up with evidence from the Bible.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the most simple solution would to buy 2 plushies, one of diance and one of ...I dunno, maybe something less girly

and just say when they ask "They are pokemon"

Edit:

Nothing says "Manly" like Mega Swampert

Except maybe Machamp

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find it really funny that his problem is people thinking that he isn'y manly due to a couple of interests...

And we're telling him to man up and like what he likes!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think a Pokemon based on Mammoths & Egyptian Mythology would be cool.

Sister is 12.

We are in basically identical situations. Except no sister and 4th stepdad... and crazy aunts ect.

Just buy whatever you like. I have 7 candles in my room.I wear face masks sometimes and first time they laughed but then stopped caring.
Tho my mom thinks games are for little kids only and hates my amiibo's & bunch of other figures. She also expects me to teleport downstairs for dinner each time as she shouts my time 3 times in 4 seconds. Then more as I walk down the stairs. Slowly, on purpose.

Showing your independence is a long process.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It's
SO
PINK!

I actually had this major insecurity myself once. Not just over plushies, but over collectibles and merchandise in general. It wasn't that I was afraid of not being manly, as I don't care about that stuff. It was more that I was afraid of people thinking I was some otaku or manchild, mainly my family.

Getting stuff like Rosalina merchandise (which I wanted to start collecting), especially the plushies, worried me most because of all of the creepy connotations that could come from it (I had a general insecurity over really liking the character for a long while). I've seen certain videos myself that were kinda sick, involving the amiibo and stuff. I knew I didn't want to do anything like that with anything I bought though. Rosalina just has a lot of high quality but rare merchandise, and I really wanted to collect it. My mind set is that I want to decorate my room, and later, my own living space, with gaming merchandise (and a bit of anime and other stuff too), based on characters I like and what not. I'm comparable to someone who likes collecting antiques, really. I just like having the stuff there to look at and show it to other people. I also like taking pictures of them, sometimes little dioramas and jokes. I enjoy photography, but I've kinda exhausted the things I want to take pictures of in my locality, so I take pictures of my merchandise now.

In the end though, how did I get over it? I just went against my "better judgement" and did it.

And now:

I don't think there is really any turning back now, not that I mind at all. And people actually don't bother me much about it. Heck, surprisingly, my dad supported it, he thought it was good for me as I was setting definite goals for what I wanted to collect and I planned my finances around it so that I could still afford to go to college. In general, I am probably the best with money in my family anyway.

And heck, even my personal wallet is merchandise now. But it's practical too! :p

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I actually had this major insecurity myself once. Not just over plushies, but over collectibles and merchandise in general. It wasn't that I was afraid of not being manly, as I don't care about that stuff. It was more that I was afraid of people thinking I was some otaku or manchild, mainly my family.

Getting stuff like Rosalina merchandise (which I wanted to start collecting), especially the plushies, worried me most because of all of the creepy connotations that could come from it (I had a general insecurity over really liking the character for a long while). I've seen certain videos myself that were kinda sick, involving the amiibo and stuff. I knew I didn't want to do anything like that with anything I bought though. Rosalina just has a lot of high quality but rare merchandise, and I really wanted to collect it. My mind set is that I want to decorate my room, and later, my own living space, with gaming merchandise (and a bit of anime and other stuff too), based on characters I like and what not. I'm comparable to someone who likes collecting antiques, really. I just like having the stuff there to look at and show it to other people. I also like taking pictures of them, sometimes little dioramas and jokes. I enjoy photography, but I've kinda exhausted the things I want to take pictures of in my locality, so I take pictures of my merchandise now.

In the end though, how did I get over it? I just went against my "better judgement" and did it.

And now:

I don't think there is really any turning back now, not that I mind at all. And people actually don't bother me much about it. Heck, surprisingly, my dad supported it, he thought it was good for me as I was setting definite goals for what I wanted to collect and I planned my finances around it so that I could still afford to go to college. In general, I am probably the best with money in my family anyway.

And heck, even my personal wallet is merchandise now. But it's practical too! :p

I have the same merchandise/collecting problem but I've stopped caring. It starting out slowly anyways, thanks, free Thorin Oakenshield figure from the Cinema, KI Cards & Link amiibo.You 3 started it all.

I don't have that much of merchandise either so maybe that's why. (1 book collection that just has 1 book left to get, 6 amiibo's, 3 Doctor Who figures/toys, 2 Game of Thrones, a Zelda poster, a Tomb Raider/AC Paris poster and a bunch of Kid Icarus Uprising cards.) Also, I have other non-game/tv/movie related things too like a random wooden Eagle (ha!:p) sculpture, stone owl, Eiffel tower and a bunch of other touristy memorabilia.

I'm still furious Club Nintendo Europe DID NOT have those SMASH BROS POSTERS!!!!

I LOVE PALUTENA AND ROSALINA!!!! My two MOST wanted! (before Bayo). Those posters are SOOO GOOD. - I would likely either throw or give away the Villager poster tho. Meh.

;.; But why do you need so many Rosalina amiibos? I deteste and refuse to own multiple exact same figures.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
;.; But why do you need so many Rosalina amiibos? I deteste and refuse to own multiple exact same figures.
The original, OoB one is part of my Smash amiibo collection.

One of the NiB ones is part of my Rosalina collection.

And the third one is gonna be used for a custom amiibo, eventually. I have a second Sonic and Toad for the same thing.

Speaking of Rosalina...

SHE SPEAKS
WITH ACTUAL DIALOGUE
FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE GALAXY 2

AND HER LEOTARD IS STILL TOO MUCH FOR ME
AND SHE'S...standing inside a satanic summoning circle?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom