• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It's called lack of decent QA, on top of not releasing a complete game and charge full price for it.
Considering someone @ Capcom bought up the fact this glitch was in the game (Can't remember if it was Combofiend or Ono) in an interview during one of the Rashid/ Karin beta builds (iirc), they were just really lazy aka, more of the latter than the former :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have a feeling a fully-completely Sonic 06 would've been one of those games where everyone liked it at launch and then years later it was considered mediocre by pretty much everyone.

Again, like Sonic Adventure.
I'm still surprised some people legitimately consider 06 a 10/10. :/ I like the game and all(due to preferring the base game engine over later games), but seriously? I just consider it a mediocre entry with both positive and negative points(and that's being as fair as possible. It definitely lacks polish though. Even if it was delayed, I'm not sure much would've changed. Other than fixing the bugs, it would've still had the same basic gameplay. That means the terribad Mach Speed sections. Even without the bugs, the gameplay for some was designed poorly).

Ironically Sonic is both the fastest and slowest character in the game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I feel Sonic 06 with more time would be worse overall as there wouldn't be the fun glitches, just terrible story and levels.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Yeah but...U4 is a single player game.
When it got delayed, people said "Alright, hopes its good."

SFV can benefit from it but its main goal is for the e-sports audience with all the events and modes/features coming for it later in the year.

They don't wanna miss that summer of June/July/August. That's when CEO and EVO happens and they don't wanna screw up the Capcom Tour the company has been working on for years to not mess it up.
Yeah but... Uncharted 4 also has a multiplayer component and had a beta for it. It's also Sony's biggest exclusive for the Playstation 4 until ND make another game.

They can delay SFV by a year and hold invitational tournaments (much like Smash) until then instead of releasing a clearly unfinished, buggy game devoid of the necessary content that a full price fighting game should have at launch because of a release window that they absolutely must meet (even though they don't need to).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hopefully we'll see a PC and console version of this port. Rayman 1 with touchscreen controls sounds like a nightmare.
Yeah, the thought of it just has me like...

Though hopefully they bring it out on Android, since you can just download BlueStacks and play it there.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

I feel like a lot of developers should listen to this nowadays, even if patches are a thing.

D

Deleted member

Eerrrr, yeah, SFV is almost as bare bones as you can get. It would be fine, if had at least had some of the bare minimum single player feautures. Such as vs CPU, an endless mode, or hell, even an offline training. That's right, not even a darn offline training mode yet. :p I never thought I'd say this during KoF 14's teaser, but it just might end up being the better game for me.

The only way I see people buying this game and enjoying it, is if they played soley online. Hell, FPS's get away with online only all the tine nowadays. Though I've heard from some that the onlime connection is bad.

But oh my goodness, I fel bad if anyone used this as a first impression for fighting games. :p

Though as Champ Gold Champ Gold has said before, you shouldn't really buy most modern fighters day one nowadays anyway.

But if you buy it and enjoy it, good on ya, but I'll be spending my money on pokken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lol. I read the meta critic reviews.

A lot of them are complaining that certain characters aren't in,

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

...until the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda OFFICIALLY begins.

I'm so excited for Twilight Princess HD & Hyrule Warriors next month!

D

Deleted member

Lol. I read the meta critic reviews.

A lot of them are complaining that certain characters aren't in,
Why didn't they added *Instert your character of choice here*? Instead we got *Instert a character you hate here*

To be honest though, i only miss Blanka. I would also like to see Geki back someday.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I pray most of these replies are meant to be trolling.
Not like it matters either way, I just want to have hope.
*implying the internet isn't filled with children who would call a joke towards a transgender version about literally anything but their gender transphobic*
You should have seen when someone joked about Caitlyn Jenner killing someone

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The ironic thing about these people being butthurt over it because it's trans-phobic, is that in Sonic Unleashed, you could actually make Sonic respond to a question as if he were transgender (you can make him say he's a girl in a fortune telling game), meaning it's actually valid to headcanon Sonic as transgender based on official material. And no, it isn't played off as a joke or snarky, it's genuine.

So yeah tumblrettes are being dumb.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm super confused.

:231:
It's a meme. 'I sexually identify as an attack helicopter'
The ironic thing about these people being butthurt over it because it's trans-phobic, is that in Sonic Unleashed, you could actually make Sonic respond to a question as if he were transgender (you can make him say he's a girl in a fortune telling game), meaning it's actually valid to headcanon Sonic as transgender based on official material. And no, it isn't played off as a joke or snarky, it's genuine.

So yeah tumblrettes are being dumb.
I thought there was something like that for Tails too. With that news reporter

D

Deleted member

Expected squidPokkenboards. Severely dissapointed

"but the DLC episode [of FE Fates] was written with help by the writer of Senran Kagura."
http://mynintendonews.com/2016/02/1...lopers-talk-future-plans-and-favourite-wives/

This explain so much.
From what I hear, Senran Kagura has actually good writing
But why is the title of the article
"FE developers talk about future plans and favorite WIVES"
Like, what kind of professionalism is this?
The Sonic social media accounts are killing it right now.

Wow, why are people being so rude with the Sonic tweeter? Let him be who he is!
You say that.
But for some of us....

BRING ON THE KINGDOMS
*loyalty intensifies*

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The Sonic social media accounts are killing it right now.

What's always funny to me as that a lot people LGBT people such as myself tend to make such jokes all the time.(Hell, in a skype chat a few days ago, I even told my girlfriend that I identify as an attack helicopter and to check her privedge, so it's priceless seeing it here.(And I wasn't aware it was a meme.))

Me and my Girlfriend also tend to joke about how we'd be torn to shreds if we actually used our tumblr accounts for discussion. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A friend of mine said we should be able to make racist and transphobic jokes if we want. He has nothing against it, but like that, you can make a joke without idiots overreacting. ****, a friend of mine makes jokes about me being trans. Granted, I whack him in the head when he does it in public, but otherwise, I laugh if it's funny

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Has the newest Make Love Not War Free Game bundle come out yet :4pacman:
Good job being on-topic Bidep

Burruni

Smash Hero
From what I hear, Senran Kagura has actually good writing
But why is the title of the article
"FE developers talk about future plans and favorite WIVES"
Like, what kind of professionalism is this?

Wow, why are people being so rude with the Sonic tweeter? Let him be who he is!

*loyalty intensifies*
The question is...
What defines family?
Blood or memories?
Do you hold loyal to your birth or to your bringing up?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I want to get the new fire Emblem.

Revelations is the version that lets me play all 3 stories, right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The question is...
What defines family?
Blood or memories?
Do you hold loyal to your birth or to your bringing up?
I've been around my step father more than my real father

And I absolutely hate my step father

Burruni

Smash Hero
So I want to get the new fire Emblem.

Revelations is the version that lets me play all 3 stories, right?
No.
The Special Edition BEGINS with all 3 versions.
Otherwise, you buy 1 version. For sake of the hypothetical, say it's Birthright.
I believe it's either at the prologue or at Chapter 6, it will then give you the choice of at least also Conquest (I think the digitial release of Revelations is delayed) and will take you to the Eshop to download the other story/stories at half price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom