• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That wasn't my point; He got enough money(that he should have never legally got) that he could. Anything else is his responsibility. Time isn't Nintendo's or Sega's problem. It's him making money off of their IP. If it's a slow process, why is that relevant to them? They need to protect their IP. That's all there is to it.

This isn't the same as a LP, which I actually think it shouldn't matter if they make money off of it or not, being it's free advertising for them, and the LPer makes way less than the company does. But they have the legitimate right to protect it as well. It's still their overall content. All the LPer's content is their unique annotations, jokes, dialogue, voices, etc. They can be paid for what they added, which is why it's even allowed in the first place. If a Youtuber makes money solely off of playing cutscenes from a game they didn't make, they should lose their account/be in trouble with the law/etc. They have zero content of their own shown off.

People need to realize that fan stuff is still owned by someone else. As long as the copyright exists, making money off of it is illegal for good reasons. A lot of companies care about their products after all. I would never allow anyone to make money off of my original content without permission. I'm working on fighting games, an rpg(with unique stuff. And even then, it's just a free rpg that I intend to make zero money off of since I don't own the base IP it's based upon).

Good thing it's the Duck that does most of the attacks. Duck Hunt Dog is only the person you move around, and he barely has any attack moves in the first place.
Does fan fiction fall under fair use?

"Fanfiction is not infringing if it constitutes fair use of the underlying copyrighted work. In determining whether a particular use constitutes fair use, courts consider the following four factors:

1. "the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
  2. the nature of the copyrighted work;
  3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
  4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work."[9]"
If his work does fall under fair use, he has the right to be able to receive money for his product

I'm not completely sure on that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_with_fan_fiction

Wikipedia actually has an article on the subject

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guess what just came in the mail. :?:

IMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Fair enough. *with the same name in thier name then.

But lets not fill the roster with Mario's, Link's, Zelda's & Samus' shall we?
This.
Look, I like Tetra.
But, I would really like to have a character from Zelda in Smash Bros. that ISN'T bearing a part of the Triforce.

I hate Tingle and honestly I'd be OK with him being added for that reason (and because at the end of the day, he has the most longevity out of the remaining characters).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think when people mean "moveset potential", they mean how they can have moves without having to make something up.

It's like how I say Rayman is perfect for Smash because his moveset is LITERALLY already made. All of his normals can come from Origins/Legends as they have a Smash-esque attack system, and then his specials can be his iconic powers and stuff. Also let him "slow fall" by holding jump by using his Helicopter Hair, as a unique trait (like Peach's Float). And he can have a tether grab based of the Lum Swinging in Rayman 2.

Other than filling out the specials exactly to each input, I've literally just described a perfectly workable moveset.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You do realize that Wikapedia is infamous for having tons of misinformation, right?
Yes, but at the same time it's not really something I'm going to have a long serious discussion over

Besides, whatever conclusion our discussion comes to won't effect Nintendo or Alvin Earthworm in any way

D

Deleted member

This machine I'm using houses a Core i3-4005U processor clocked at 1.7 GHz, 750 GB of storage, 4 GB of RAM... and no touch support. The Windows Experience Index isn't available for Windows 10, so I can't check that.

Did anyone register on Miitomo? I'm just getting this.

View attachment 97425

:231:
According to NeoGAF, it appears that they [Nintendo] are using geoblocking tools for the My Nintendo website. Only the 16 countries that Miitomo is initially releasing on are able to pre-register. The only way to fix this is by using a VPN.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Does fan fiction fall under fair use?

"Fanfiction is not infringing if it constitutes fair use of the underlying copyrighted work. In determining whether a particular use constitutes fair use, courts consider the following four factors:

1. "the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
  2. the nature of the copyrighted work;
  3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
  4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work."[9]"
If his work does fall under fair use, he has the right to be able to receive money for his product

I'm not completely sure on that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_with_fan_fiction

Wikipedia actually has an article on the subject
Fair Use isn't the issue. It's making money off of their Intellectual Property in some way. There's no question SMBZ clearly is enough of a parody and is unique enough to be fine on its own. As long as he makes no money from it specifically(that includes patreons), Nintendo and Sega have no reason to care.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Good thing it's the Duck that does most of the attacks. Duck Hunt Dog is only the person you move around, and he barely has any attack moves in the first place.
Yes, just like my old movesets where the dog uses the duck to attack opponents. Sakurai only made the duck a willing accomplice. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently my machine has 3.4 GHz processor but 3.8 with "Turbo mode" which my computer has the option to do

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I want to see a moveset for Klefki now.
Attacks that involve slashing and stabbing with the keys. Maybe even a Tackle-like move
Grab uses two keys whilst the pummel is bashing the opponent with another key. Throws are the basic slam on the ground, impalement and really hard slashes.
Specials and Final Smash are some of the various moves it can learn like Mirror Shot, Fairy Wind, Draining Kiss and Play Rough.

That's just a very basic concept without going into specifics.

Lute's is right
The one about Lyn isn't Florina though

I bet no one else knows these because this thread is only Awakening trash :p
Geitz
Nino
Natasha
Sain.
Hawkeye.
Lute (already mentioned)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I want to see a moveset for Klefki now.
Okiedokie:

B: Fairy Lock
Klefki swipes with her yellow key, which summons a chain with a lock on it.
Enemies can't run through it, but can break it and it interacts with different specials

Klefki can have two Fairy Locks at max

Down B: Trick Room
Klefki makes a room the size of Bowser, where all projectiles are nullified.
When putting a Fairly Lock on it, it also heals Klefki with every projectile thrown in it

Up B: Fairy Wind
Klefki summons a wind, lifting her up

Alternatively, a tether with a chain Fairly Lock.

Side B: Imprison
Klefko charges her silver key, stabbing it.
Everybody hit is stunned for a while.

The trick with this is, that when opponents are close to a Fairly Lock, they are stunned if Klefki puts her Key in the other Fairly Lock

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Now here's a real challenge,

Can you make a moveset for Vanillite?
(Am I like literally the only person who likes this Pokémon, because I've never met a person who's said otherwise...)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Not before we get Peridot Green Luigi. :p

And yes, he is the best Mario newcomer idea you clods.
I'm quite fond of Bee Mario from Mario Galaxy myself.

In other news, I believe baby & metal & item-based characters in Mario Kart should be illegal.
Imagine how great of a roster MK8 would have if instead of Baby Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy & Rosalina, Cat Peach, Pink Gold Peach, Metal Mario & Tanooki Mario we get:

• Bowser Jr.
  • King Boo
  • R.O.B
  • Luma
  • Goomba
  • Lubba
  • Diddy Kong
  • Birdo
  • Ashely/Dixie/E.Gadd?
  • Honey Queen/ Petey Piranha / Wriggler / Funky Kong?
I tried to have varied weight classes. Actually, some of those listed (like Metal Mario) might as well be costumes like the colour variations of Yoshi and Shy Guy...

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

(Am I like literally the only person who likes this Pokémon, because I've never met a person who's said otherwise...)
I love Vanillite. It's adorable.
...Until it evolves, and then it evolves again. It's better as a 1-form Pokemon I feel.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

It can use the cold clouds for it's non special attacks.
A bigger one is used for Smash attacks and the grab where it can be tightened for the pummel. Basic throw stuff again.
Icy Wind for recovery, Avalanche for Down special like Ryu's Focus Attack but deals more damage if a hit is taken, Icicle Spear is the neutral special and Ice Beam for the side special.
Final Smash is Sheer Cold.

Again a basic concept to build on.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't mind the babies because they actually have a large aesthetic difference and feel at least.

Cat Peach is still just like Regular Peach except she says "meow".

Burruni

Smash Hero
SPUR OF THE MOMENT KLEKI MOVESET

Just gonna do core moves, not into statistics and the extra animations like normal.

Klefki - The Keyptomaniac.

Jab combo: one swing with the golden key, then car key, then the "head" spinning in place as the infinite ending in one harder slam of its head's key.

U-Tilt: Swings its ring to strike overhead.
F-Tilt: Swipe with its head.
D-Tilt: Jingles the keys loosely at the ground, comboes like Junior's.

U-Smash: "Claps" its ring overhead. (Yes, the key ring can break apart and link back together at will, as seen in the anime). One landing, the rings spin like a blender with duration based on charge before the opponent is launched.
F-Smash: Flings one of the keys as a high speed boomerang with sizable range.
D-Smash: Slams its head into the ground and turns to "unlock" a blast of energy around it.

U-Air: Multi-hit, repeatedly swings its ring around its body like a jumprope.
N-Air: Kirby's spin.
F-Air: Overhead slam of its ring.
B-Air: Flings out the entire unhinged ring as a long whip.
D-Air: Stall & Fall drilling headslam, like Corrin's.

Up B: Fairy Wind - Klefki gets flung into the air within a small pink Tornado. Less damaging but farther moving version of Metaknight's neutral B.
B: Flash Cannon - Klefki gets "anchored" to the ground in an aiming form with the keys facing forward. If can then use the control stick to aim up or down for a shimmering magical orb whose speed and power grows the longer Klefki is in aim mode.
Side B: Draining Kiss - Launches a slow moving heart shaped projectile, intangible to other projectiles, that deals 10% hp and heals for 5% if it lands.
Down B: Torment - If opponent is in direct line of sight of Klefki when move is triggered, they can't re-use a special move without using another special.

Grab: Summons a swirl of locks & chains, akin to Robin's.
U-Throw: A giant key erupts from the ground, forcing the opponent skyward.
F-Throw: Unlocks the main lock, causing a magical explosion.
B-Throw: Yanks on the chains, spinning the opponent behind Klefki as they get tossed.
D-Throw: Slams its head in as an overhead chop, spiking the opponent off the ground.

Final Smash: The Ancient Key - A giant ancient looking cannon appears underneath Klefki. Klefki dives head first into a lock on it. With a twist, the cannon roars to life with a massive energy blast.

I think I win.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Speaking of MK, I didn't know Toadsworth used to be playable. :0

Also they forgot DK Jr, not that he should ever be playable since he's the same person as DK apparently.
Toadsworth never was playable in Mario Kart.
He did drive you around in the victory parade at the end of a Grand Prix in Double Dash however.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Let's play a game.
It's called "let's pretend Smash NX is a thing and it has six new characters".
NX Roster.png

Create a roster with the following rules:
1. Wolf / Ice Climbers + 4 newcomers (for a total of 64 characters)
2. No cuts from Smash 4
3. at least 1 Ballot newcomer (we don't know the results but just guess from all the polls)
4. at least 1 cross-promotional newcomer (ex. Splatoon, Xenoblade X)
5. at least 1 newcomer from Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, or Kirby
6. at least 1 promoted Assist Trophy

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Kenith's game:
Add:
  • Wolf + Ice Climbers + No Cuts
  • Ballot Newcomer: Inkling
  • Promotional: Elma, Inkling
  • Specific Series Newcomer: Ridley / if people feel not creative & not feel like bothering enough again: Dixie, Midna
  • Assist Trophy Promotion: Midna. Works for above too.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of MK, I didn't know Toadsworth used to be playable. :0

Also they forgot DK Jr, not that he should ever be playable since he's the same person as DK apparently.
Dry Bowser has been playable for the last couple Mario Karts

DLC in 8

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Let's play a game.
View attachment 97462

2. No cuts from Smash 4
3. at least 1 Ballot newcomer (we don't know the results but just guess from all the polls)
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Rayman (Ballot newcomer)
Inkling (Cross-promotional newcomer)
King K.Rool (DK newcomer)
Takamaru (Promoted Assist Trophy)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Let's play a game.
View attachment 97462

2. No cuts from Smash 4
Boom.
K. Rool, Inkling, Bandana Dee, and Waluigi.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Cosmic Rosalina is even better. :3
...And with that, I am compelled to admit that I totally would not have minded if Rosalina got an extra form. Luigi too.

That is part bias (one of the few instances where I want "Rosalina" in something for a biased reason), but it did feel a tad forced giving Mario and Peach a THIRD costume-in-a-character slot (I don't count the babies since they are fundamentally different appearance and portrayal wise). They could have given Luigi and Rosalina power-up costumes instead, like Kitsune Luigi and Cat Rosalina.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom