• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Question: Who do you think the step in the right direction for another Zelda character is? I'd say Tingle.
My vote would be everyone but Tingle.
If we're talking characters I think deserve to be in, Ganon is the first and only character that comes to mind. There is a huge chunk of the character that is flat-out ignored in favor of Falcondorf, and I'd like for it to be fixed.

As for a non-Triforce trio character...I don't think I even need to say anything.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There isn't a lot of Zelda characters I can see or want in Smash.

However if Linkle comes in and is a hot choice then I want her.

I know she's from a spinoff but to me that doesn't matter in the end. Sakurai chooses what he wants in a character and fighter and doesn't care if it's in a mainline game or spinoff

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There isn't a lot of Zelda characters I can see or want in Smash.

However if Linkle comes in and is a hot choice then I want her.

I know she's from a spinoff but to me that doesn't matter in the end. Sakurai chooses what he wants in a character and fighter and doesn't care if it's in a mainline game or spinoff
Well to be fair Aunoma did say that she's being considered as a staple to the franchise.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm telling ya. Keep your eyes on Impa.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just gonna throw out my ideas for a Starter trio which has gone under slight modifications twice over since I first made it for gen 4.

Grass Line: Bohlb -> Sproutlet -> Ibloominate. Physical sweeper grass type that gains an electric type at the second stage.
Signature move: Shine Strike - 90 base power physical electric, 80 accuracy, 20% chance to paralyze

Bohlb: Yellow flower bulb slightly poking out from a circle of leaves with tiny legs and a small thorny "ponytail."

Sproutlet: Fairly short and stocky. Long jagged leaves for arms with thorns at the end. A yellow, alien-like head with flower anthers for "attenae" with glowing orbs at the tips and buggy eyes. Flower petals at the start of the arms like puffy sleeves.

Phospore: Entangled vines for pronounced muscular arms with long thorny "claws." Main body composes of one main "orb" leading down to long, tentacle-like vines functioning akin to an octopus. The head has a "collar" of flower pedals, the same head, but with a "crown" with the kind of fuzziness of a flower's stigma. A few glowing mushrooms along the arms and torso.

Fire Line: Calflame -> Hox -> Bullfire. A tanky fire type with a physical-heavy movepool that gains a dark type in the final stage. (Basically what I wanted emboar to be)
Signature move: Shares Heat Crash. (Yeah it's the "laziest" of the three)

Calflame: A red cow calf with black splotches.

Hox: Stockier looking ox with similar pattern, the tail becomes a full trail of fire.

Bullfire: Full demonic looking buffalo. Flaming mane, onyx black skin, etc....

Water Line: Huedrop -> Merfaed -> Sprinklebell. Special sweeper that gains a fairy type at second stage.
Signature Move: Prismatic Rain - 100 base power special water move, 90 accuracy, 20% chance to lower opponent's accuracy.

Huedrop: A small clear eel larvae creature with a "core" running along the body that switches fading through the primary colors.

Merfaed: Effectively, a Sea Angel. Lower body trails into a helix shell akin to a Seahorse's tail.

Tinkleshell: Feminine figure anchored onto an open clam shell. Gradient "hair." Holding a jellyfish-looking parasol. Basically an homage to The Birth of Venus.

Opinions?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
LOL
The reviews for Fates are in.

image.png

Let's just say this might upset a few fans

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm telling ya. Keep your eyes on Impa.
Who can keep their eyes off this beautiful bod? *points to avatar*

Anyway, Ganon, Impa, or Tingle seems the most likely at this point. They're the most notable and marketable. Tingle was not received all that badly in HW either. For many, it was the first time they could play as him in an official game. He also was based upon his more popular MM appearance, and not his "he's only a good guy cause he helps you" appearance in WW.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Posting my laptop specs since people were doing that earlier.

Using the webpage for it because the "PC Info" thing doesn't show much.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What is this, the hundredth time we've talked about a Zelda newcomer?

Midna. /discussion
It was either Zelda or Fire Emblem discussions back in the early speculation day's. Them times....

Eh, so long as Toon Link is there, the Zelda cast is fine by me..... >>

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Everyone here's wanting Ganon, Linkle, Midna, Tingle, and Impa...

...and I'm here wanting Darnunia despite all odds. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This one animation reviewer I've watched a couple of his reviews really hates cartoons being "Cartoony" because it prevents people from taking animation seriously as a medium

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It makes complete sense to me

Conquest feels more "limited" in that it doesn't let you take the time you grind or raise up your forces and min max them

Because of that, it allows far less customization than the others

It's also harder

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm honestly not surprised in the ordering.

I always expected Revelations to be the best scoring of the three stories because it was most likely going to be the one that's written the strongest and HAD the extra delay in quality assessment in whatnot.

And Conquest would be seen weaker to Birthright because of it being more limited and structured as well as having less interesting characters from what I've seen at a glance.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Conquest feels more "limited" in that it doesn't let you take the time you grind or raise up your forces and min max them

It's also harder
Yeah but it feels more closer than the games.

Also I wouldn't take Gamespot word as law either.

Even then, the story in Fates is **** anyway and the gameplay is just there for most versions.

The difficulty in Conquest isn't like RD or Tharcia 776 levels of hard but it will blindside you badly if you don't prepare.

Birthright is the easiest one but the comparisons to Awakening is sort of forces since its a lot easier than it because how much more easier it is to grind in Birthright.

Revelations is a perfect blend but it has way to many gimmicky maps and the story is worst than the other paths.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
LOL
The reviews for Fates are in.

Let's just say this might upset a few fans
To be honest, Conquest's score wouldn't bother me if the reviewer wasn't just basically complaining about how he couldn't grind... in a game that blatantly says you're not supposed to grind.

Additionally, looking at this...

Furthermore, Birthright can be made just as challenging as Conquest by raising the difficulty level and turning on Classic mode
I just can't take him seriously, as Conquest has many options that make it more challenging such as enemy placements and set-ups then with Birthright.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
:facepalm:

So it turns out copyright abuse has been going on far longer than we realized.

Marvel and DC co-own the phrase "Super Heroes."

The reason why the term is always run together as "Superheroes" is to dodge being sued.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not being able to grind is why I don't really want conquest.

I like the designs better in it though

D

Deleted member

It's also harder
That doesn't matter much
Because unlike in past games, you don't go back to level 1 after promoting/reclassing so you're most likely going to end up with an entire level 20 by the end of the game regardless of the path
Conquest also still has Castle Invasions to help a little
Really, the grinding is only useful in case you're stuck or to train units you didn't use much
EDIT:
To be honest, Conquest's score wouldn't bother me if the reviewer wasn't just basically complaining about how he couldn't grind... in a game that blatantly says you're not supposed to grind.

Additionally, looking at this...

I just can't take him seriously, as Conquest has many options that make it more challenging such as enemy placements and set-ups then with Birthright.
"Turning on Classic Mode"
This implies the reviewer doesn't normally play on classic
For ****'s sake you should only ever play casual if you're grinding supports to post them later

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

EDIT: Double post, aorry, pls delete

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm betting you classic people reset the map every time you lose your favorite unit

Casual would just cut time out of it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Can we say, that Conquest's situation is the Radiant Dawn reviews all over again?

Not really since that game was meant to be hard, even grinding wouldn't change that. Still surprised that Polygon isn't calling all three sexist like they did for Bayonetta 2.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm betting you classic people reset the map every time you lose your favorite unit

Yes.
Most people on classic reset.
But they also have to beat the map without losing any unit on a winning run.
Instead of just managing to keep 1 unit alive by the chapter's end.

D

Deleted member

That's the point
Counting every death as a Game Over
Otherwise you can just throw units at the enemy with no real consequence
Or self imposing yourself for a no resetting run
Like, why would you even care to strategize if there's no punishment for failure?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It just seems to me there is no point in having repercussions if you aren't going to live with the results

Anyone can just reset until they win

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

The People's Elbow is back.

Oh and Terry.
Is it me or SNK finally improved the graphics?

Good think my Benimaru and Terry retuned. Now if only Ash and Mai were there.

Burruni

Smash Hero
That's the point
Counting every death as a Game Over
Otherwise you can just throw units at the enemy with no real consequence
Or self imposing yourself for a no resetting run
Like, why would you even care to strategize if there's no punishment for failure?
"No punishment" is Phoenix mode.
Casual just lowers the bar.

D

Deleted member

It just seems to me there is no point in having repercussions if you aren't going to live with the results
What?
In one case, one lost unit=losing chapter and restarting
In the other, one lost unit=less things to work with during the rest of the map
You are living with the results, the results of a game over

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC