• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since everyone is posting their Miis in light of the My Nintendo registration, here's mine.

No, this isn't 100% me (I have a different Mii for that); I created this Mii a while ago in the sort of style that many of the Mario Kart world record users make; some sort of cool-looking Mii wearing shades over their forehead (along with a cool-looking name). I wanted to shoot for that kind of style for a Mii Avatar just to show off, being a huge Mario Kart fan and all. Eventually, I adopted this Mii as my sort of "Miiverse Avatar." I might change it into a Mii that looks more like myself. We'll see.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Only if you come from generations of salt lords whosete chniques have been passed down the generations
Manly as ****.

They use the roster selection to advertise the game, I like it:

Smash's advertising has been way better in Japan than anywhere else. How quaint.

Also, because other people did it, here are my PC specs:
PC.png

(Yes, it is in Portuguese. And no, I'm not going to translate all this. Figure out by yourself. :demon:)

And I come to the realization that Bravely Second is already out here in Europe, but I have yet to finish Bravely Default... :ohwell:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
KFC in Japan tastes different. The biscuits are awful here, and there's no Mac and Cheese.

I was so excited when Subway finally made it's way to my part of Japan. But then it sucked too.

I gave up on fast food tasting/ being the same.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
KFC in Japan tastes different. The biscuits are awful here, and there's no Mac and Cheese.

I was so excited when Subway finally made it's way to my part of Japan. But then it sucked too.

I gave up on fast food tasting/ being the same.
I only ate at KFC once in my lifetime (and I'm turning 23 this year). It was in the summer of the last year, when I was in Spain and had no choice. IIRC, it was Sunday and everything was nearly closed or something.

It wasn't pleasant to say the least.

Fast food bores me. It tastes like nothing or like crap. No me gusta.

If I can avoid it, I will.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also, because other people did it, here are my PC specs:
View attachment 97420

(Yes, it is in Portuguese. And no, I'm not going to translate all this. Figure out by yourself. :demon:)
Doesn't seem particularly hard to figure out. The only word I didn't understand was 'desempenho'.

Too bad Windows 10 doesn't have that specs window. I would have liked to compare my computer too.

:231:

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Nintendo PR said:
Once their Mii is ready to act as their social go-between, users can add friends in person, or through their existing Facebook or Twitter accounts. Once that step is complete, then it’s time to answer some questions. Miitomo creates conversations and turns discussions into a form of play by prompting users to answer all kinds of questions. Did you know that your best friend’s favorite food is pizza? Maybe, but did you know her favorite music genre is secretly polka? And that she believes in aliens? The answers get shared among friends, sparking interesting conversations – part of the fun is discovering surprise facts about your friends that you never knew before. When users hear how their friends responded to questions, they can give it a “heart” or comment through text or with a picture.

Mii characters will travel around and visit others that users have added as friends in the app, so it’s important to look good. As users experience Miitomo, they’ll earn Miitomo coins, which can be redeemed in the in-app shop to get all kinds of cool outfits. Users also have the option to get more Miitomo coins via in-app purchase. Users can set their own style with shorts, pants, socks, shirts, shoes, accessories and hats. If users want to go further in expressing themselves, they can dress up in a variety of outlandish costumes, such as a bear costume, pirate costume or hot dog costume.

Users can also express themselves with the Miifoto feature, which lets them put their Mii characters in fun poses with cool stamps, or by combining their Mii image with photos they have taken themselves. These creations can then easily be posted to social media services like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Launching alongside Miitomo in March, My Nintendo aims to become much more than a traditional rewards program. It is a more comprehensive service that rewards users for interacting with Nintendo products and services in a variety of ways. Miitomo users with a Nintendo Account will be able to take advantage of My Nintendo to enhance their experience.
Thought you guys might be interested in this.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Hopping onto the bandwagon.
System Settings - I don't actually have that score thingy. edit: Win10. Too good?
Untitled.png

Gee, didn't know I had that much storage left.
Mii:

It's fairly accurate. I was sorta rushing it. Also I had a haircut recently......might need to change my hair / mouth. =D

And I just realized, on the UK website My Nintendo Account is always just called Nintendo Account.
Sound better. :p

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
According to someone who deleted his Nintendo Account, one of the things he lost is something called "Mission Status".

I wonder what that is?

Also, Nintendo's first mobile game "Miitomo" is now up for preregistration: https://miitomo.com/en/

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can't join the Nintendo account fun because the service isn't available in Portugal yet. :ohwell:

Why NoE, why? :(

Doesn't seem particularly hard to figure out. The only word I didn't understand was 'desempenho'.

Too bad Windows 10 doesn't have that specs window. I would liked to compare my computer too.

You're smart.

"Desempenho" means "performance"! There, you've learned a Portuguese word. :chuckle:

As for the pronunciation, it's difficult to explain it written since a lot of sounds in Portuguese don't exist in English. The "nh" is read like a Spanish "ñ". The "s" is read like a "z" because it's between two vowels. As for the vowels, the "o" in the end is like a "oo". The "e"s don't quite have an English equivalent, except for the "em", which is similar to the "em" in "emphasis".

I know you're interested in languages, otherwise, I wouldn't have gone into this level of detail. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here are my computer specs. The laptop is approaching 3 years and I'll replace it once I get a full-time job.

Yes, I also use Linux. #hipster

You're smart.

"Desempenho" means "performance"! There, you've learned a Portuguese word. :chuckle:

As for the pronunciation, it's difficult to explain it written since a lot of sounds in Portuguese don't exist in English. The "nh" is read like a Spanish "ñ". The "s" is read like a "z" because it's between two vowels. As for the vowels, the "o" in the end is like a "oo". The "e"s don't quite have an English equivalent, except for the "em", which is similar to the "em" in "emphasis".

I know you're interested in languages, otherwise, I wouldn't have gone into this level of detail. :p
Google Translate maybe bad at translating, but it also has a button to say the word. That is pretty useful.

(There is one Portuguese word I use in my daily life though. 'Pão' is the word for sliced bread in most Indian languages.)

Last edited:

Chrono.

Lol someone's SFV copy is missing R.Mika.

Guess the R stands for Removed.

Seems to have a been a glitch while installing as reinstalling the game fixed it for them.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
According to someone who deleted his Nintendo Account, one of the things he lost is something called "Mission Status".

I wonder what that is?

Also, Nintendo's first mobile game "Miitomo" is now up for preregistration: https://miitomo.com/en/
Guessing it's a level up system. You get experience for doing stuff and get better rewards the higher your level is.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so game explain got to do pokken videos....in this it confirms that there are pokemon we dont know about
(showing shadow mewtwo off in the bottom right corner and no mewtwo to be seen and flat out having 2 more locked icons than we have support pokemon)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

My Mii on Wii U NNID
10/10
(My 3DS NNID is actual me, but y'know
why not)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here are my computer specs. The laptop is approaching 3 years and I'll replace it once I get a full-time job.

Yes, I also use Linux. #hipster
I have a Ubuntu VM in my Win7 PC. I use it sometimes. Usually for work.

Google Translate maybe bad at translating, but it also has a button to say the word. That is pretty useful.

(There is one Portuguese word I use in my daily life though. 'Pão' is the word for sliced bread in most Indian languages.)

Ooh.

About the pronunciation, there are big differences between European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese. Overall, the latter sounds kind of louder in the vowels. The vocabulary can differ a lot too. Google Translate's pronunciation is little off and sounds like a strange mix of the two dialects (leaning closer to the Brazilian variant). Anyway, I wouldn't trust it too much since it uses voice-generator software. Still gives you a good idea about it, though.

Also interesting to see that Indian languages have a Portuguese loanword (though the history knowledgeable me isn't too surprised about it). Japanese also has some, including the word for bread (パン, which is from Portuguese "pão"... You probably already know this, though!).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Why do you have two NNID's?
3DS got banned from Miiverse for saying Pushy Can because apparently it had something to do with a password even though it didn't
But I like having Miiverse functionality so I made one seperate on the Wii U as a backup
:4pacman:

Chrono.

so game explain got to do pokken videos....in this it confirms that there are pokemon we dont know about
(showing shadow mewtwo off in the bottom right corner and no mewtwo to be seen and flat out having 2 more locked icons than we have support pokemon)
Kinda want one of those to be a legendary

Because why not.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm starting to think Miitomo is the successor of Tomodachi Life.
oh my daisy's that's what I thought when they first announced it! It imediatly reminded me of that.

I ain't even gonna bother with Miitomo tho, so I'm not gonna pre-register. It will nicely surprise me if it becomes a huge success.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
oh my daisy's that's what I thought when they first announced it! It imediatly reminded me of that.

I ain't even gonna bother with Miitomo tho, so I'm not gonna pre-register. It will nicely surprise me if it becomes a huge success.
I would say the same thing but I mean I thought it was going to be like Nintendo club sooo umm yea .w.

Khoru

Smash Champion
I'm starting to think Miitomo is the successor of Tomodachi Life.

maybe it's just... that tomodachi means "friend"............

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Question: Who do you think the step in the right direction for another Zelda character is? I'd say Tingle.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Question: Who do you think the step in the right direction for another Zelda character is? I'd say Tingle.
Ganon. Period. The more common form of Dorf, most re-occurant final boss of the series. Trident of Power, potent magic, and brutish pigman/orc body. Recent notable ressurection between NintendoLand and Link Between Worlds.

Linkle as a stretch of a substitution.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm honestly really curious to hear what that upcoming interview has to say, because it'll be interesting to hear what Pokémon didn't make the jump to playable, why they were considered at first, and why the jump wasn't successful.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Here's the thing about the Zelda series: really, unless we count alternate forms of already existing characters in Smash, the rest of the cast either A) not relevant/ important or B) not that unique. Some suffer from both.
Honestly the only really viable characters it has left that's somewhat important are Vaati and Tingle, and I'm not so sure about Vaati.

Linkle as a stretch of a substitution.
What does @Substitution have anything to do with this? :troll:

:094:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's the thing about the Zelda series: really, unless we count alternate forms of already existing characters in Smash, the rest of the cast either A) not relevant/ important or B) not that unique. Some suffer from both.
Honestly the only really viable characters it has left that's somewhat important are Vaati and Tingle, and I'm not so sure about Vaati.

Vaati has had like three appearances, I don't see him happening.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
In a series where few characters outside of the obvious actually manage to be reoccurring, that is something of significance. Even then, I was referring to characters that actually seem like they're worth adding, not who is likely.

Well in that case Vaati is up there.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As much as I want to say Midna...I know she'll fade out of relevance eventually (unless we get a miraculous second appearance in a future title which is not likely to happen :()...

Impa is pretty much the most important character to the Zelda games outside of the triforce trio...She has played a couple crucial roles in some games, and has been a sage on more than one occasion (and is the only character other than Zelda to be a sage more than once) which is a pretty important element to the Zelda series also...the only real problem with her is consistency, but Skyward Sword may have given us some decent grounds for the character to develop (her Hyrule Warriors design is heavily based on her Skyward Sword design) and as of now it is one of her most recognizable designs (OoT as well, but her SS design has a bit more positive reception)...
She is also the only (true) member of the Sheikah in the games, which is another important recurring element in the series given their ties to the royal family and their involvement in the history and lore of Hyrule...
Impa has been a part of the franchise for it's entirety, and it could very well be likely we'll see more of her in the future as well...We'll see what role (if any) she plays in Zelda U, and if they follow through with her in future titles...

Tingle may have a bunch of side appearances also (mostly unimportant side appearances) as well as his own spinoffs, but Aonuma is actually hesitant in putting him in any games because of how disliked he is in the west...Tingle almost didn't make Hyrule Warriors because of Aonuma's suggestion...

D

Deleted member

If you mean who is the most likely Zelda character, that remains to be seen.

Too many variables in play, a lot of which people overstate.

But if character selection works like it did in Smash 4? Then I'd say Linkle if she actually does appear in future Zelda titles as a secondary character option to Link.
If not, it will probably be the same as it was in Smash 4.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Vaati lol tbh I want a game where Vaati and Ganondorf are working together

hey I vote for Vaati
Vaati has had like three appearances, I don't see him happening.
Vaati could have a really good moveset and he is one of my 3rd fave villian in Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom