• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What?
In one case, one lost unit=losing chapter and restarting
In the other, one lost unit=less things to work with during the rest of the map
You are living with the results, the results of a game over
It seemed more like a time waster to me rather than actual strategy

Anyone can keep on doing the same thing over and over and eventually beat it

Might as well save time and play on casual

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And now I see why Diddy wants Impa in Smash so badly.

Impa or bust. :troll:
More like both. ;)

it's just because it;s annoying to my eyes :(

like i am quite sensitive to light so.....it got annoying :(
Well, in that case, I can download and fix that image. I don't want to hurt people's eyes.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
More like both. ;)

Well, in that case, I can download and fix that image. I don't want to hurt people's eyes.
well I jsut did the job for you :)

Like it;s hard to make it this much better because what SB does is it compresses the image to a jpg. The only way to make it better is to find another png of the image, remove the bg and then scale down. It;s much more time consuming lol so I just took the avi and removed the bg :)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Dear SNK, bring back Shermie from the Orochi Saga.

Love, your dearest fan.
Not before we get Yuri and Mai back.

Also, where's Choi when you need him? I miss that crazy Korean Freddy Krueger fan.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
LOL
The reviews for Fates are in.

Let's just say this might upset a few fans
At least we know that Nintendo is not to blame, right guys? :lol:

That being said, you guys should try looking at other reviews. The review embargo is off and already there are a whole bunch of other places that are showing their reviews, like IGN and Destructoid, and compared to Gamespot, who complains about Conquest's no-grinding thing, Conquest is getting higher praise from other reviewers and some of them are praising the higher difficulty and such.

But still, no review shall ever beat the Played-it-yourself review. I'm still getting Fates, I'll see myself of what it brings and stuff, and I'll decide myself how good it is. And as long as I find myself having alot of fun with the game, than that's all I'm looking for.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm going to watch/read a few reviews of Fates now, starting with Gamexplain. - why did they choose Conquest? >.>
Ganon. Period. The more common form of Dorf, most re-occurant final boss of the series. Trident of Power, potent magic, and brutish pigman/orc body. Recent notable ressurection between NintendoLand and Link Between Worlds.

Linkle as a stretch of a substitution.
In a perfect World, we would have a Proper Ganondorf who still has his Falcondorf roots AND Ganon.

I'll just keep on focusing my Zelda support on Midna. By far the most popular one-off character. Has better (imo) moveset potential than proper Ganondorf, Ganon & Impa. Only character outside of Link to have Two Playable Forms in Hyrule Warriors, too.

Best selling Zelda game to date and has her game released on three consecutive generations.
Ed993dn0_400x400.png

And whats wrong with having a fantastic & popular one-off character from the Zelda series specifically? I don't see anything bad. ;.;

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You're right, our favorite bald sadist with the claws is missing. But unfortunately, I don't see him coming back at all since many found him too cheap. But who's the say that he can't be rebalanced?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm going to watch/read a few reviews of Fates now, starting with Gamexplain. - why did they choose Conquest? >.>

In a perfect World, we would have a Proper Ganondorf who still has his Falcondorf roots AND Ganon.

I'll just keep on focusing my Zelda support on Midna. By far the most popular one-off character. Has better (imo) moveset potential than proper Ganondorf, Ganon & Impa. Only character outside of Link to have Two Playable Forms in Hyrule Warriors, too.

Best selling Zelda game to date and has her game released on three consecutive generations.
View attachment 97444
And whats wrong with having a fantastic & popular one-off character from the Zelda series specifically? I don't see anything bad. ;.;
More moveset potential than Impa "I have three different roles I can combine" Impa?
Elaborate.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
More moveset potential than Impa "I have three different roles I can combine" Impa?
Elaborate.
I find it hard to see what Impa can do when thinking of all the different designs being combined, one of which, the 'Old & Unfit' Impa I don't think should be in Smash outside of trophies.

I find Midna & Wolf Link with potentially some of Twili Midna's abilities much more appealing to me. Don't get me wrong, I have both on my roster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The "more move set potential" is starting to get grating.

Like, anyone can have lots of move set potential.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is old news. But they were asking money for a fanfiction, essentially. It took too long for it to be taken down, but at least he got some money, so... I'd say we're all good.
I think the main thing is, animation is a slow tedious process and upcoming animator's don't really have a good medium to make money off of

Youtube, for example, praises people that can produce fast cheap content. That's part of the reason gaming youtuber's got so popular. They barely need to edit their content and they don't actually have to take the time to write out anything or draw. Just play games and react. In a day, they can produce weeks of content.

Why animator's have to spend time to plan and draw out an animation which can take days/ months

D

Deleted member

It seemed more like a time waster to me rather than actual strategy

Anyone can keep on doing the same thing over and over and eventually beat it

Might as well save time and play on casual
But if they're not going to die for real
There's no reason to worry about them
You can throw them at bosses, they deal some damage and "die"
You can use them as bait
You don't have to worry about placement, etc etc

If you honestly think restarting chapters to save a character is a waste of time, then don't
Go along and let them dead, it will make you feel great! /s
"Ah, it was a miserable life... what could I expect but a miserable death"
"Am I... Am I going to die?"
"My fate is irrelevant... the world must have... light"
"Lady Lyndis... I...was...so happy..."
"Will I never... make it home..."
"I don't want to die..."
I wonder if anyone can tell from which characters these quotes are tho :p

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I find it hard to see what Impa can do when thinking of all the different designs being combined, one of which, the 'Old & Unfit' Impa I don't think should be in Smash outside of trophies.

I find Midna & Wolf Link with potentially some of Twili Midna's abilities much more appealing to me. Don't get me wrong, I have both on my roster.
Oh, yeah Wolf Link would be amazing.
Impa can tape a lot of moves together, but Midna can make a few moves interesting by riding a Wolf.

I prefer the latter.
Probably because of the "riding a Wolf" part

#Should'veBeenAzura

Chrono.

You're right, our favorite bald sadist with the claws is missing. But unfortunately, I don't see him coming back at all since many found him too cheap. But who's the say that he can't be rebalanced?

I can see him coming back actually.

Couple reasons why, one being Chang.

other being the leaked character list that's been spot on so far.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's my categorizing of the Zelda characters:

:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::The Main 3
:4sheik::Fan Favorite
:4tlink::The Out-There Choice

What do you think of it?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But if they're not going to die for real
There's no reason to worry about them
You can throw them at bosses, they deal some damage and "die"
You can use them as bait
You don't have to worry about placement, etc etc

If you honestly think restarting chapters to save a character is a waste of time, then don't
Go along and let them dead, it will make you feel great! /s
"Ah, it was a miserable life... what could I expect but a miserable death"
"Am I... Am I going to die?"
"My fate is irrelevant... the world must have... light"
"Lady Lyndis... I...was...so happy..."
"Will I never... make it home..."
"I don't want to die..."
I wonder if anyone can tell from which characters these quotes are tho :p
The last one is Lute (SS), the Lyn one is maybe Florina.

:231:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo tumblr made a good meme.

Somewhat relevant to the current discussion on Fates.

"Do you open your amiibo or keep them in the box" is the best part.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Here's my categorizing of the Zelda characters:

:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::The Main 3
:4sheik::Fan Favorite
:4tlink::The Out-There Choice

What do you think of it?
Toon Link is the child form that Link is often depicted in, most recurrently in that design. Not really random. Not to mention a fan favourite in Japan.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Correct. I believe that too but I often prefer some over other's. There's also a danger/chance of the potential to not be used if a certain amount of time & effort cannot be put into the character, which makes certain characters clones (e.g Ganondorf, Dark Pit.) while others unlikely (e.g. Ridley).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What the heck moveset potential does the DHD have?

He doesn't even act during the game

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think the main thing is, animation is a slow tedious process and upcoming animator's don't really have a good medium to make money off of

Youtube, for example, praises people that can produce fast cheap content. That's part of the reason gaming youtuber's got so popular. They barely need to edit their content and they don't actually have to take the time to write out anything or draw. Just play games and react. In a day, they can produce weeks of content.

Why animator's have to spend time to plan and draw out an animation which can take days/ months
That wasn't my point; He got enough money(that he should have never legally got) that he could. Anything else is his responsibility. Time isn't Nintendo's or Sega's problem. It's him making money off of their IP. If it's a slow process, why is that relevant to them? They need to protect their IP. That's all there is to it.

This isn't the same as a LP, which I actually think it shouldn't matter if they make money off of it or not, being it's free advertising for them, and the LPer makes way less than the company does. But they have the legitimate right to protect it as well. It's still their overall content. All the LPer's content is their unique annotations, jokes, dialogue, voices, etc. They can be paid for what they added, which is why it's even allowed in the first place. If a Youtuber makes money solely off of playing cutscenes from a game they didn't make, they should lose their account/be in trouble with the law/etc. They have zero content of their own shown off.

People need to realize that fan stuff is still owned by someone else. As long as the copyright exists, making money off of it is illegal for good reasons. A lot of companies care about their products after all. I would never allow anyone to make money off of my original content without permission. I'm working on fighting games, an rpg(with unique stuff. And even then, it's just a free rpg that I intend to make zero money off of since I don't own the base IP it's based upon).

What the heck moveset potential does the DHD have?

He doesn't even act during the game
Good thing it's the Duck that does most of the attacks. Duck Hunt Dog is only the person you move around, and he barely has any attack moves in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom