• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Ballot winner/DK newcomer (K. Rool)
Cross Promotional (Inkling and Linkle)
Promoted AT (Takamaru)

That's right, I want Gril Link as a newcomer in Smash. :p
It seems like everyone's a fan of Linkle now.
Personally I'd prefer she gets implemented as an alt of Link when/if she becomes a true female counterpart to Link.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Let's play a game.
It's called "let's pretend Smash NX is a thing and it has six new characters".
View attachment 97462

Create a roster with the following rules:
1. Wolf / Ice Climbers + 4 newcomers (for a total of 64 characters)
2. No cuts from Smash 4
3. at least 1 Ballot newcomer (we don't know the results but just guess from all the polls)
4. at least 1 cross-promotional newcomer (ex. Splatoon, Xenoblade X)
5. at least 1 newcomer from Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, or Kirby
6. at least 1 promoted Assist Trophy
Ballot - Isaac
Cross-Promotional - Inkling
Newcomer - King K. Rool
Assist Trophy - Takamaru

If I could change the rules, I'd throw in Elma just for heck of it.

Chrono.

What I don't understand is how Zygarde is meant to look like a Z though....honestly I feel it looks more like an X than Xerneas does.:psycho:
Well in snake form it could look like a Z.

It's perfect form feels more like it's supposed to be XYZ tho (not in terms of shape).

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That's right. It still makes little sense though.

The TCG uses first typings for pokemon.

Zygarde's is dragon first, so why make it fighting over the dragon? Even if it probably means ground.
They can use either or...depending on the card...
Sableye is Dark/Ghost but it has cards for both Dark and Psychic energies...

What doesn't make sense to me is why they changed poison types from Grass to Psychic...seeing a Muk with a psychic typing is pretty weird to me...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I've only added alts that change the character's model, there are also ones that change clothing. (I'm wondering if I should've added Marshal as an alt for Chorus Kids)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So remember how bad the layout on my old roster was?

I've gone back and significantly improved it, and even added an alt roster!
I love it! But I don't agree with some of your alt choices...

Daisy, Linkle & Impa shouldn't be alts imo. However, if that is the only way they could get into Smash5, I'd take it.
And why no Lucina/Jeanne alt? ;.;

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I love it! But I don't agree with some of your alt choices...

Daisy, Linkle & Impa shouldn't be alts imo. However, if that is the only way they could get into Smash5, I'd take it.
And why no Lucina/Jeanne alt? ;.;
Damn I forgot about Jeanne, brb...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
@Zebei I was a casual gamer until that Jan 2013 Direct. :p. And I got the DS only 3 years before 3DS...then again I got a Wii a year before the Wii U too. :/

(bought U in Sept 2014).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Let's play a game.
It's called "let's pretend Smash NX is a thing and it has six new characters".
View attachment 97462

Create a roster with the following rules:
1. Wolf / Ice Climbers + 4 newcomers (for a total of 64 characters)
2. No cuts from Smash 4
3. at least 1 Ballot newcomer (we don't know the results but just guess from all the polls)
4. at least 1 cross-promotional newcomer (ex. Splatoon, Xenoblade X)
5. at least 1 newcomer from Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, or Kirby
6. at least 1 promoted Assist Trophy
Ballot Newcomer: King K. Rool
Cross Promotional: Paper Mario
Newcomer from Kirby: Bandana Dee
Promoted Assist Trophy: Waluigi

Also, Alph and Chorus Kids but they don't fit into those categories

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It seems like everyone's a fan of Linkle now.
Personally I'd prefer she gets implemented as an alt of Link when/if she becomes a true female counterpart to Link.
Agreed. She's a dual-crossbow wielding badass. An alt doesn't work. Dark Pit wouldn't work as an alt either(unless Pit has his old Final Smash back and it's reskinned to use Viridi's army or something). He has tons of potential. Lucina is literally the only character that would've worked fine as an alt due to her moveset barely being unique at all. Even if her playstyle is different. But she still should stay as a clone and given more unique stuff.

Honestly, the various Captains and Koopalings all make a lot of sense as alts at this point. The Koopa Clown Car is just a vehicle. As for the Captains, the Pikmin are the real focus and interchangeable among them all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They can use either or...depending on the card...
Sableye is Dark/Ghost but it has cards for both Dark and Psychic energies...

What doesn't make sense to me is why they changed poison types from Grass to Psychic...seeing a Muk with a psychic typing is pretty weird to me...
I see, alright then, weird.

But that muk is really dumb. Why can't they just make each type a symbol on the card game?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
To be honest I don't see Inklings as advertising anymore. Game's been out for a year, already is selling massively, and content for it had wrapped up. I see them as a new IP to add.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Agreed. She's a dual-crossbow wielding badass. An alt doesn't work. Dark Pit wouldn't work as an alt either(unless Pit has his old Final Smash back and it's reskinned to use Viridi's army or something). He has tons of potential. Lucina is literally the only character that would've worked fine as an alt due to her moveset barely being unique at all. Even if her playstyle is different. But she still should stay as a clone and given more unique stuff.

Honestly, the various Captains and Koopalings all make a lot of sense as alts at this point. The Koopa Clown Car is just a vehicle. As for the Captains, the Pikmin are the real focus and interchangeable among them all.
Doc can work as an alt too imo. Just give his down b to Mario because I hate FLUDD and Sunshine is so old.
Besides, he was an alt at the beginning, presumably with Mario still using FLUDD.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A friend bought me Bayonetta 1+2...after Bayonetta was revealed for Smash. I was too afraid to ask my parents to get it (I'd have some explaining to do) and I really regret this.

I had a chance to be on the Bayonetta hype train from the beginning and I missed it. :<

#FirstWorldProblems
Doc can work as an alt too imo. Just give his down b to Mario because I hate FLUDD and Sunshine is so old.
Besides, he was an alt at the beginning, presumably with Mario still using FLUDD.
No.
I do not want the one of the last signs that Nintendo remembers Super Mario Sunshine to be lost.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why make him an alt if Sakurai himself realizes he likely shouldn't be? Relegating a Melee vet to an alt is something Sakurai knew wouldn't go well, and likely shouldn't.

Mario World is so old, why are we still using the cape?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be honest I don't see Inklings as advertising anymore. Game's been out for a year, already is selling massively, and content for it had wrapped up. I see them as a new IP to add.
I gotta agree with that. Unless a new game is coming out for NX, they don't truly count as promotions.

Also true. But I like FLUDD because it makes Mario stand out more. Dr. Mario feels very unique at the moment due to Mario being quite different.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I see, alright then, weird.

But that muk is really dumb. Why can't they just make each type a symbol on the card game?
Probably to just make it easier to produce and easier to collect....its easier to produce water type energies than it is to produce water AND ice type energies...plus all water and ice types are then grouped together, they're usually differentiated by their weaknesses...ice types tend to be weak to fire and steel while water types are weak to grass and electric...even though they both use the same energies...it makes players consider different matchups otherwise fire would be completely screwed against water for example...
Etc for other types...

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well personally I have this as the priority order: Dark Pit = Lucina > Doc >>> Alph.
Why make him an alt if Sakurai himself realizes he likely shouldn't be? Relegating a Melee vet to an alt is something Sakurai knew wouldn't go well, and likely shouldn't.

Mario World is so old, why are we still using the cape?
Oh so that's where that;s from. Thought it was made up. Thanks.

I wouldn't mind Doc as alt but obviously prefer him as is. (just pls migrate to the rest of the Mario characters, kthxby)
If they didn't have spare time he wouldn't have been playable.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tumblr would be so proud of you.
Ewwwww Dumblr. :urg:

And I like Linkle for who she is as a concept and not because she's female. You know better than to lump me with those galahs.

Note: Galah is one of the many terms for an idiot where I used to live. It's also the name of a local bird known for its annoying behavior and "lovely" squawks.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh so that's where that;s from. Thought it was made up. Thanks.
You thought
THE CAPE
THE WIDELY LOVED AND CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED "BROKEN" CAPE
FROM THE OBJECTIVELY FAN-FAVORITE 2D MARIO (Personally I prefer NSMBDS)
WAS MADE UP
So can I drag you to hell now, or

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What do you mean galah's are annoying? Shouldn't that apply all parrots in general?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The problem I have with FLUDD is I can't for the life of me work it into my gameplay. And when I cna use it typically it'd be better to use the cape anyway. Am I doing it horribly wrong or is FLUDD one of those things that's useless at basic level and OP at high levels?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The problem I have with FLUDD is I can't for the life of me work it into my gameplay. And when I cna use it typically it'd be better to use the cape anyway. Am I doing it horribly wrong or is FLUDD one of those things that's useless at basic level and OP at high levels?
It's a very difficult move to use, won't lie. But it's best for edgeguarding. You could ask the Mario boards for more information on how to best use it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Am I the only one that really likes Zygarde's Complete Forme?

I remember thinking the 10% form would be my favorite Zygarde when I learned the news, but now, Zygarde Complete Forme has really grown on me to the point that it's my favorite of all the forms. People seemed to be turned off by its chest, although I think that's what makes it even more awesome. The chest gives me a Dusknoir vibe, which also had a face on its chest (and I'm a huge fan of Dusknoir). I even like how its head has the shape of a bishop's crown, and those tentacles that can transform into snake heads at the tip is a neat touch

Not to mention the more artwork/videos of Zygarde's Complete Forme in action (such as its artwork for that box of the deck), the more I think it actually looks pretty cool.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
On Splatoon: With all the support the game has gotten, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new game.

Besides that, the gap between the new Punch-Out and SSB4 was considerable, but Little Mac still got in as a newcomer.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well this is something:
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25226694

You know how I posted the supposed new pokemon list?

That seems to be the thread where it originated. Meaning it was posted in Japanese first before being translated and sent to the boards in english.

Which if true, it does lend some credibility to this. Well it at least makes it more believable. As if fake, it's still a challenge to do this, and have it translate so accurately. The thread also points out some intriguing details in the list, such as the angel like pokemon being 777 which they are claiming is a lucky number associated with Angels in Christianity.

So thoughts?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I rarely use. And if I do then it's just for the sake off it and to push a character from one side of the stage to the other for the lolz.

I probably ever only used it successfully to edgeguard, causing the opponent to fall like, twice.
Well this is something:

Which if true, it does lend some credibility to this. Well it at least makes it more believable. As if fake, it's still a challenge to do this, and have it translate so accurately. The thread also points out some intriguing details in the list, such as the angel like pokemon being 777 which they are claiming is a lucky number associated with Angels in Christianity.

So thoughts?
Can confirm.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Am I the only one that really likes Zygarde's Complete Forme?

I remember thinking the 10% form would be my favorite Zygarde when I learned the news, but now, Zygarde Complete Forme has really grown on me to the point that it's my favorite of all the forms. People seemed to be turned off by its chest, although I think that's what makes it even more awesome. The chest gives me a Dusknoir vibe, which also had a face on its chest (and I'm a huge fan of Dusknoir). I even like how its head has the shape of a bishop's crown, and those tentacles that can transform into snake heads at the tip is a neat touch

Not to mention the more artwork/videos of Zygarde's Complete Forme in action (such as its artwork for that box of the deck), the more I think it actually looks pretty cool.
After hearing of the possible influence from Nordic myths with Zygarde's three forms its definitely something I'm interested in...
Loki's children are amoung my favourite Nordic legends and Zygarde's three forms are possibly based on these creatures...

D

Deleted member

The Cape should stay because that's, like, the one decent thing from SMW in Smash besides the music
The Yoshi's Island stage is my personal hell

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I rarely use. And if I do then it's just for the sake off it and to push a character from one side of the stage to the other for the lolz.

I probably ever only used it successfully to edgeguard, causing the opponent to fall like, twice.

Can confirm.
Alright, I'm Christian, but was not sure on this. Which is interesting, I don't know how well known Christianity is in Japanese, but even so, I don't know how common that fact is, so this definitely helps it a bit.

Either way, it's worth watching this imo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well this is something:

You know how I posted the supposed new pokemon list?

That seems to be the thread where it originated. Meaning it was posted in Japanese first before being translated and sent to the boards in english.

So thoughts?
Is there a translation? I tried Google translate and got such gems as Secretary Pokemon and Kidney Pokemon.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, I'm Christian, but was not sure on this. Which is interesting, I don't know how well known Christianity is in Japanese, but even so, I don't know how common that fact is, so this definitely helps it a bit.

Either way, it's worth watching this imo.
Are we doing this based on dex number? Because IMO that actually makes it less valid. I remember leaks prior to Gens 5-6 that assumed the #616/666 Pokémon would be Satanic-themed, and it never ended up happening.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Are we doing this based on dex number? Because IMO that actually makes it less valid. I remember leaks prior to Gens 5-6 that assumed the #616/666 Pokémon would be Satanic-themed, and it never ended up happening.
Well, I'd imagine a pokemon based on an angel would be a bit less contriversial than a pokemon based on satan...
Also spiritomb is one example to look at since its heavily associated with the number 108...and its Sinnoh dex number is 108...

D

Deleted member

So, how about we look at IGN's Fates reviews?
Screenshot_2016-02-17-20-30-29-1.png
Screenshot_2016-02-17-20-33-09-1.png

I'm gonna assume Burthright is basically Awakening in terms of objectives(I say basically but only Chapter 12 might not be Rout/Kill Boss)
Their only complaint for Nohr is the multiplayer
And while it seems really clunky from how they describe it(too many menus to navigate and it sends you back to My Castle after a battle) it still seems good enough so that it's playable

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I dunno what you're talking about

Vivillion's pretty spoooooooky

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So, how about we look at IGN's Fates reviews?
View attachment 97509 View attachment 97510
I'm gonna assume Burthright is basically Awakening in terms of objectives(I say basically but only Chapter 12 might not be Rout/Kill Boss)
Their only complaint for Nohr is the multiplayer
And while it seems really clunky from how they describe it(too many menus to navigate and it sends you back to My Castle after a battle) it still seems good enough so that it's playable
I think they are fair. I hope they add a Revelations review and give a 10 or at least 9.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom