• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Retweet this to support #TeamPikaPants

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, 4 More Characters confirmed? (No Mewtwo on this roster)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pikachu is one of those characters that the powers-that-be have decided CAN NEVER be another color. Same way we got Pac-Man's glove ats and can't sell the Sonics apart.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I've added the 107 facts about FE video (& some of thier other works) to my watch list. My Ninty News promotion works XD.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Retweet this to support #TeamPikaPants

Also, 4 More Characters confirmed? (No Mewtwo on this roster)

As long as I get my bug type I'll be good...
:212:

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
OH NO. OH GOD NO. ITS DONE BOYS.

#SavePikaPants

(thx for responding gamexplain)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I got my new 1080p 1ms monitor and I just installed it, tested it and everything :)

Now, there;s a lot of stuff that changed but first let me just describe how it felt the first time I saw the screen on.

HOLY **** THE COLORS, THEY ARE SO VIBRANT!!!!!

By this I mean in every way, They were brighter, more present, more vivid and it jsut felt more like clean light. As i am typing this, the grey for example, is so smooth. It's like I can clearly tell it;s grey while on my other screens I tried.....it felt more like black or a very washed out grey.

Then after this mind blow, the other mind blow that immediately happened is the space. It's ridiculous in fact, I even took a pic to illustrate this, both monitors here shows the same image which is in 16:9 hd and centered.

IMG_1659.JPG

As you can see, the space you gain is quite huge.

The next thing that blew my mind is basically just opening my program. See, when I opened my programs on my smaller monitor, I jsut adjusted their size to be nice for that screen. However, when I opened them on my new monitor, they felt so small and crammed up int he top left area and I had to anlarge them a lot and the result is jsut beautiful, everything feels bigger and I don;t changes the distance I sit from the screen.

Even better, you know how sites today tends to be responsive?

well I have to zoom in a lot becuase of my poor sight so the site handles thsi by cramming their layout into a....fine but not optimal way.

For example, sb woudl not even show the icons for the alerts and just cram it into my username and even merge pm and alerts into one space. Now, I can see both and I have a like 200% zoom which is crazy.

Another huge one is tumblr:

Screenshot from 2016-02-17 17:32:00.png

Before, I coudl only see 3 colums, now I can see 4 or 5 and have a comfortable reading.

And if you check my firefox, I literally have every links I check often now, before, I had to use a dropdown menu on the right for some links, it;s crazy how long this bar became.

So this was already mind blowing, btu this isn;t even close to be the end.

The other huge problem I had with my other monitor is if I plugged my wiiu, the colors sucked and it jsut messed up the aspect ratio. On my TV, it was fine, except there was so much ghosting, jsut running in super metroid does a very noticeable tray of movement and especially when playing metroid prime, I have memories of how annotying it was.

This monitor is awesome now. Like holy crap, the reoslution is 1080p and I see NO GHOSTING with a 1ns response time. I cannot see a trail and I was inches away from the display and I tried super metroid under the same conditions, I cannot notice any ghsoting. Oh and the colors actually looks like what they shoudl look like.

The only downside of this monitor which tbh I expected and I don;t even care is the speakers. WHO THOUGHT HAVING SPEAKERS POINTING UNDERNEATH THE DISPLAY WAS A GOOD IDEA? They sucked for the 5 seconds I used them and all I did was playign victory road from pokemon x/y, never uses monitors or internal speakers they 90% of the time just suck, I don;t care becuase I have other methods to get audio going. I have an external headphones amp that has hardware volume control soif I want the audio from my WiiU, I jsut plug the composite cable and put the white and red wires through an adapter to an audio jack which I jsut plug into my amp as source. Now I have clean sounds from the wiiu that I can amplify with a hardware voluem control.

The only thing left to test which I can;t do now is testing how composite with a gc or n64 feels. I shoudl get a vga to composite/svideo soon, I know it shoudl look bad however, I was fine with my gc on my tv even thought you could see scan lines. At any case, if I want to play gc on hd, I would just run dolphin which btw......omg it looks gorgeous in 1080p..

So I can summarise this upgrade experience by saying it feels more filled up. I have more space, I have 2 displays, the colors fills more there and there;s no black bars anymore. Even my pc is hidden behind my monitors, that;s how filled it is.

Idk if you guys uses a 1080p monitors to play on wiiu instead of a tv, but let me say real quick: the monitor is a lot better than a tv because of the response time and how close you can be from the display. Like never I am using a tv again unless it is to actually watch TV, but I don;t really do so lately (I mean you can have tv on internet anyway....).

So yeah, I would recommend to try a good monitor :)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Don't believe a leak just because it has an added layer of complexity. A lot of leakers will add it just to throw people off. Never say "who would spend that much time to troll people?" but instead the who, what, where, when, why and how.

Why would a Japanese person use 4chan? Why would they leak this? What's their motivation?

Who and how would they have access to this information?

What -> new Pokedex entries. Literally a list with no other evidence.
When -> a posting date that doesn't make sense for Japan (3 am)
Where-> 4chan

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm not getting it but here's my wants for the 4 spots:
  • Greninja
  • New Grass Type
  • New Poison Type
  • New Bug Type

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is there a translation? I tried Google translate and got such gems as Secretary Pokemon and Kidney Pokemon.
The thread, spent time dissecting and translating the names. Somewhere down the comments in it, someone made a full list, which is the one I posted the other day.

Are we doing this based on dex number? Because IMO that actually makes it less valid. I remember leaks prior to Gens 5-6 that assumed the #616/666 Pokémon would be Satanic-themed, and it never ended up happening.
Yes, and to be fair vivilion does follow the number of 666

It has 18 forms. What number makes 18?

6 + 6 + 6 = 18

So he does rep 666 just not in a Satanic way, because if they did that, there would be issues.

Plus 666 is really early in the kalos dex so other then the memes of it, it wouldn't make much sense to have a dark pokemon like that represent it, as the dexes of each gen always have a trend to how they are started. So a heavenly pokemon being 777( a number with religious symbolism) could definitely work without issues. Plus pokemon/ Nintendo do have a lot of research on religions when making a game, as their games are choked full of them!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
But will you eat them? :troll:

Shameless plug for Youtube.com/ConnorEatsPants a Gaming Entertainment channel focused on laughs and your gaming news. Join the ever growing fanbase and get your pants on today.

Be sure go to GammaLabs.com and use the code "ConnorPants" at checkout to get 2% shipping. G-Fuel, it gives you wings.

Once again that's YOUTUBE.COM/CONNOREATSPANTS

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh boy, a wild leak appeared!

Our friend and resident Salt Lord PushDustIn PushDustIn did raise a good point in regards to it being in Japanese and how that doesn't mean anything regarding to its veracity.

Anyone versed in Japanese and creative enough could pull it off.

Alright, I'm Christian, but was not sure on this. Which is interesting, I don't know how well known Christianity is in Japanese, but even so, I don't know how common that fact is, so this definitely helps it a bit.
I know two things about Christianity in Japan:
1. It's a minority religion there. (Duh. It's not a Western country.)
2. It's somewhat overused in anime and manga with very liberal/weird/inaccurate interpretations of it and relies on Rule of Cool over anything else. (I could give examples, but there are far too many.)

If anything, my experience tells me that such a tidbit is a giveaway that it may be fake.

Remember how Pokémon #666 would be Satanic or something? Yeah, I don't either.

Unless you think that a butterfly is demonic... Wait... :4bayonetta:

Pikachu looks like John Cena.

Pikachu should never look like John Cena.
And his name is PIKACENA!

D

Deleted member

What number makes 18?

6 + 6 + 6 = 18
You just triggered my Paranormal Activity flashbacks
This reminds me I watched the last one with my friends today
"She was born on the 6th of June of 2005. That's the sixth day, of the sixth month, of the 6th year"
Ugh

Shameless plug for Youtube.com/ConnorEatsPants a Gaming Entertainment channel focused on laughs and your gaming news. Join the ever growing fanbase and get your pants on today.

Be sure go to GammaLabs.com and use the code "ConnorPants" at checkout to get 2% shipping. G-Fuel, it gives you wings.

Once again that's YOUTUBE.COM/CONNOREATSPANTS
I'm already subscribed to your channel :p
It's perfection itself

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OH NO. OH GOD NO. ITS DONE BOYS.

#SavePikaPants

(thx for responding gamexplain)
I hope this is fixed, because that's kind of dumb that you can't choose alternate costumes.

Don't believe a leak just because it has an added layer of complexity. A lot of leakers will add it just to throw people off. Never say "who would spend that much time to troll people?" but instead the who, what, where, when, why and how.

Why would a Japanese person use 4chan? Why would they leak this? What's their motivation?

Where-> 4chan
Oh, we aren't fully believing it, but I still find it worth noting, so I was discussing it. As I said, if a new pokemon is shown off and matches this list, I'll put faith into it, but for now I'll be speculating.

Good points but:

1) It's not often, but I've Japanese posts on 4chan, sometimes they post there. I believe XY had actual leaks from Japanese users on 4chan before. Still this is something to consider. As for motivation and why leak this? You could say this for any leak really. No one knows. Plus if you put this list out there before a game's announced, then that's somewhat smart. Despite being 4chan, putting the list out there with nothing else, covers you completely. It be hard to track down the person once the leak is realized by people to be real.

2) They could be anyone working on Z. We've had way to many hints to the game having massive effort put into it, and it's aim to be bigger and better. So the staff has probably been working on it for quite some time.

3) The dex entries, back in XY days, there were pokemon whose names were just put out there and leaked( with other info such as fairies, etc.). Pokebeach had them, first, but eventually they made their way around the internet. So it's not the first time just names with no evidence have been thrown out there.

4) By posting date, do you mean it's 3am in Japan? Or the page says 3am? If so 4chan's base timezone could be the reason for that. If not this is something worth noting, so thanks for pointing it out!

5) what do you mean by where 4chan? As in that's where it was posted? Or as in where on 4chan was it posted? If so it was put on the pokemon boards Sunday night into Monday morning.

Oh boy, a wild leak appeared!

Our friend and resident Salt Lord PushDustIn PushDustIn did raise a good point in regards to it being in Japanese and how that doesn't mean anything regarding to its veracity.

Anyone versed in Japanese and creative enough could pull it off.

I know two things about Christianity in Japan:
1. It's a minority religion there. (Duh. It's not a Western country.)
2. It's somewhat overused in anime and manga with very liberal/weird/inaccurate interpretations of it and relies on Rule of Cool over anything else. (I could give examples, but there are far too many.)

If anything, my experience tells me that such a tidbit is a giveaway that it may be fake.

Remember how Pokémon #666 would be Satanic or something? Yeah, I don't either.

Unless you think that a butterfly is demonic... Wait... :4bayonetta:

And his name is PIKACENA!
My last post addresses the whole 666 thing, but good observations! I thought, it was a minority there, but I wasn't sure.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Where-> 4chan
Are you referring to this, something else, or Pokémon rumors in general?

gen 6.5.jpg

I'm not doing any salt pinching on this list, fyi.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I hope this is fixed, because that's kind of dumb that you can't choose alternate costumes.

Oh, we aren't fully believing it, but I still find it worth noting, so I was discussing it. As I said, if a new pokemon is shown off and matches this list, I'll put faith into it, but for now I'll be speculating.

Good points but:

1) It's not often, but I've Japanese posts on 4chan, sometimes they post there. I believe XY had actual leaks from Japanese users on 4chan before. Still this is something to consider. As for motivation and why leak this? You could say this for any leak really. No one knows. Plus if you put this list out there before a game's announced, then that's somewhat smart. Despite being 4chan, putting the list out there with nothing else, covers you completely. It be hard to track down the person once the leak is realized by people to be real.

2) They could be anyone working on Z. We've had way to many hints to the game having massive effort put into it, and it's aim to be bigger and better. So the staff has probably been working on it for quite some time.

3) The dex entries, back in XY days, there were pokemon whose names were just put out there and leaked( with other info such as fairies, etc.). Pokebeach had them, first, but eventually they made their way around the internet. So it's not the first time just names with no evidence have been thrown out there.

4) By posting date, do you mean it's 3am in Japan? Or the page says 3am? If so 4chan's base timezone could be the reason for that. If not this is something worth noting, so thanks for pointing it out!

5) what do you mean by where 4chan? As in that's where it was posted? Or as in where on 4chan was it posted? If so it was put on the pokemon boards Sunday night into Monday morning.

My last post addresses the whole 666 thing, but good observations! I thought, it was a minority there, but I wasn't sure.
1. Most leaks happen because the person working on it is either disgruntled or they are excited about it. Some people tell their friends who then tell their friends and it gets out. Disgruntled are rarer and seem to happen after the project has already been cancelled IMO.

2. One thing I didn't consider was that they could be an American staff.

3. Do you have the XY leak info?

4. The page says 3am. If it says differently then I guess it doesn't change per timezone.

5. Where it was posted, yeah. (answer is 4chan)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Didn't Hideki Kamiya use 4chan for a while?
Maybe? But the point is that 4chan is an English board. They don't have Japanese discussions. I'm sure there are some Japanese users here on Smashboards, but most of them don't post (maybe lurk with translate on).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So for Pokken's remaining 4

Who do you think:
Scizor
Toxicroak
Lopunny
Tyranitar

Who do you want:
Scizor
Haxorus
Sableye
Heracross

I guess I'd be really disappointed if Scizor doesn't make it since I think he's one of the most likely in addition to being my most wanted...at least I got Weavile!

Are you referring to this, something else, or Pokémon rumors in general?

View attachment 97532

I'm not doing any salt pinching on this list, fyi.
Actually after reviewing this again there's something interesting I noticed that I missed before...

Untitled-1.jpg

Could this be my long awaited Wolf Pokemon? Now I'm really hoping this leak is true...probably not /sadface

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
4. The page says 3am. If it says differently then I guess it doesn't change per timezone.
It says 6 PM for me, so I guess it does change with the timezone, as 6 PM GMT is 3 AM in Japan...

Just pointing out this important detail.

D

Deleted member

So, speaking of Fates' reviews
I looked away from almost all the footage because spoiling FE maps to me is the worse thing ever, I still only know the maps for the first 6 chapters and Nohr's Chapter 11 and I hope to stay like that for the two remaining days
Also, I'd like to point out that the Arena is a My Castle building, and unless that's limited like the My Room... oh boy
Wasn't :4greninja:first leaked on 4Chan?
Yeah, but there were pics
So for Pokken's remaining 4

Who do you think:
Scizor
Toxicroak
Lopunny
Tyranitar

Who do you want:
Scizor
Haxorus
Sableye
Heracross

I guess I'd be really disappointed if Scizor doesn't make it since I think he's one of the most likely in addition to being my most wanted...at least I got Weavile!

Actually after reviewing this again there's something interesting I noticed that I missed before...

View attachment 97537
Could this be my long awaited Wolf Pokemon? Now I'm really hoping this leak is true...probably not /sadface
Who I think it will be:
Not Galvantula
Not Aegislash
Not Feraligatr
Some **** Gen 1 Pokemon

Who I want:
Galvantula
Aegislash
Feraligatr
Almost any Gen 5 Pokemon because they're all great

Chrono.

Pokedex leaks have happened before, and they've all been fake.

This one isn't any different.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know this is going to end with "wolf, wolf, dolphin, wolf," but what animals would you guys like to see as Pokémon?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/17/11...w-mewtwo-canon-pokemon-company-nintendo-wii-u
So The Pokémon Company is keeping their lips sealed on whether or not Pokkén Tournament's Shadow Mewtwo is canon to the core games.

While we don't have confirmation that Shadow Mewtwo is the same thing as Colosseum's/XD's Shadow Pokémon, are Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness canon to the core games?
No.

The fact that you have to turn Shadow Lugia into a normal one to trade speaks volumes.

As neat of a plot point it is, shadow Pokemon are, they'll never be relevant to the core games.

The mystery girl that owns Shadow Mewtwo could be related to Cipher though.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I know this is going to end with "wolf, wolf, dolphin, wolf," but what animals would you guys like to see as Pokémon?
Mosquito line.

I thought of a Dragon/Poison line of Gila Monster/Thorny Devil-like creatures back in 2011, but Dragagle took the spot of the first typing.

Maybe a Pipefish Pokemon. I mean, we have a Seahorse, Weedy Sea Dragon, and Leafy Sea Dragon, so might as well have the rest.

A Portuguese Man-o-War legendary that is either pure Poison, Poison/Psychic, or Poison/Fairy.

----

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I changed my mind about Impa being an alt for Shiek because,

1. She doesn't have a consistent appearance.

2. She could be her own character.

3. That render I chose for her was horrible quality and I'm too lazy to get another.

So yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom