• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I think people put too much stock in the Pirate Ship "leak." Pirate Ship was so often requested (hell, it's the reason it came back in the first place). To me, it seems like if we thought Sal's source was legit because he got Mega Man right as opposed to Wii Fit Trainer, if you catch my drift.

Nothing was outlandish enough to be more than a coincidence.

Soul.

"Smash Run is coming to Wii U"

... Sorry, I'm not really buying this; I thought it was clear that Smash Run wouldn't work that well on Wii U

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

King Of Hyrule trailer. It's sad that it seems so underwhelming in the 3DS version. Major lack of enemies, moves seem way more boring, etc.
It's like that Simpson's episode.

Homer: How'd you get to be so good?

June Bellamy: Oh, just experience I suppose. I started out as Road Runner. [does Road Runner's voice] Meep!

Homer: You mean "Meep-meep?"

June: No, they only paid me to say it once, then they doubled it up on the soundtrack. … Cheap ********.

Just replace meep with hah

wildvine47

Smash Ace

King Of Hyrule trailer. It's sad that it seems so underwhelming in the 3DS version. Major lack of enemies, moves seem way more boring, etc.
God I hope there's more voice clip variation in the final/Wii U version. That's only 3 different sounds from King Daphnes. I really like that he was added, I'd hate for this to make playing him that obnoxious.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Leak comin' in from Gamefaqs regarding the direct. The user posting this has been a member of the site for 10 years, so this is at least something:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72807721

I saw some stills from the direct, thank me later. Here is a quick run down

First Trailer

-Wolf/K.Rool revealed in the same trailer near the beginning of the video.
-Cinematic starts with Wolf in a dog fighting with Falco and Fox in Arwings,
-Cameo appearances by Krystal, Slippy and Peppy giving Fox and Falco advice.
-Leon does the same for Wolf in one shot
-All three eject from their Arwings. Fox/Falco and Wolf run towards each other Wolf, getting ready to clash. Looks very dramatic and anime-esque.
-Some kind of interupption happens I guess. Next still showed Diddy on Wolf's back with K.Rool in pursuit of Diddy.
-Donkey Kong appears as well, grappling with K.Rool. Starts one of those cartoonish fight dust clouds
-Next still showed K.Rool disengaging with Diddy/Donkey Kong still in the cloud fighting each other.
-Another shot with Peppy and Krystal conversing about the whereabouts of Fox/Falco, hoping they're ok etc etc.
-K.Rool is holding some kind of weapon. Aims it at Diddy/Donkey Kong who are still in the cloud fighting each other.
-Looks like it missed or Diddy and Donkey Kong moved. Bullets are about to collide with Fox/Falco/Wolf
-Next still showed all three using their refelctors. Oddly enough Falco doesn't throw his as he does in game, activates his similarly to Fox. Wolf's reflector looks like his Brawl reflector.
-Some more bits missing between here and the last show. Fox/Falco/Wolf looks like they're about to clash with Diddy Kong/K.Rool/Diddy Kong. Temporary alliance I guess.
-Next still showed all 6 in a 6 player battle, they aren't on teams though which struck me as odd.

Gameplay stuff

Not much I can gather here from just screenshots, so I'll just post what I can gather. There is probably alot here because numerous of screenshots have "Numerous changes have been added for the entire cast. Please enjoy" at the bottom of them. Probably won't be getting patch notes

-Not much I can gather here from just screenshots. One shot of Palutena vs Pit on Castle siege has "Numerous changes have been added for the entire cast. Please enjoy"

-Isaac Mii with an Isaac costume is shown grouped with the previously released costumes. I didn't see any other costumes, but I'm assuming there are more

-Smash Run is coming to the Wii U. Looks like Wii U will receive more enemies, but will not be receiving activates abilities like the 3DS version has.

-3DS is receiving a game mode that allows players to upload their amiibos to amiibos of other players. Winner receives gold and items for winning. Players have the option of saving the replay.

Second trailer

Bomberman is revealed, but won't be released until sometime in 2016.

-First still looks similar to the opening of Pac-man's reveal trailer.
-Multiple screenshots of him just holding bombs or players being blown up. Can't really tell much about his moveset other than it'll involve bombs.
-Recovery might be really really good. One screenshot showed him offscreen near the bottom blastzone of omega wrecking crew. Next shot showed him holding the edge.

That's all I got. Obv not revealing my source, but I can say she/he is definitely credible and has told me more information.I'll be back tomorrow with more info once this has come true. Enjoy the direct tomorrow~

Username is "Thebombs", for future reference (in case the topic is deleted) in case he's right or wrong.
Because clearly the direct is about nothing but Smash, right?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I hope this doesn't become the next "Hi, I'm Daisy!".

I don't want another one of my fav character's hated because of one line...

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I dunno if I believe the whole "cinematic" thing they're claiming in that Direct Leak. They didn't do cutscenes for any of the other DLC characters, they just did in-game stuff. I doubt they're going to have a whole thing in-game where they have to put a bunch of extra work into animating them in Arwings, especially for a veteran.

This was added in later
Thebombs posted...
Forgot to clarify. Bomberman's trailer is not cinematic, It's all gameplay outside of the reveal splash screen. All of his gameplay is also on pre-existing stages.
Why even specify that for one? Another thing he claimed he only saw screenshots but the way things happen in the trailer are weirdly detailed for him not seeing anything in motion. And for two, Nintendo is really going to make a cutscene for a veteran but not for a 3rd party character? At least with Ryu they did the nod to Street Fighter 2 with his trailer.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So the movie list is down, eh?

Time to prepare my loins for tomorrow.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Did the king just forget to emote? The grunts lack any sort of feeling to them, and it's even worse considering that the rest of the cast are much more expressive in their grunts then that.

So the movie list is down, eh?

Time to prepare my loins for tomorrow.
Hasn't it been down for the past couple days?

D

Deleted member

K. Rool.
Wolf.
Bomberman.

Notice anything familiar?
View attachment 82474
Yeah, I notice that our so called "leaker" is full of ****, and used one of the most believed "leaks" to back up his fanfic-tier story.

I call bs, wait till the direct happens.

Everything you hear from here till then will be total horse****.

Ryu and Roy were only leaked cause they were datamined, and moments before the trailer at E3, we knew it was legit cause their videos and other data were also mined.

The roster was leaked due to a review copy. Which is also faily typical. And the Brazilian dude got into a lot of **** for it.

This time around, we have none of those things, meaning no one really knows, and the people that DO know, aren't willing to lose their jobs + a lawsuit for 15 seconds of internet fame. Especially not after that fat dude from the Treehouse got fired for privacy disclosure and then cried about it on Twitter.

Wait for the direct, everyone claiming to have "inside info" is full of ****. It's common sense man.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I dunno if I believe the whole "cinematic" thing they're claiming in that Direct Leak. They didn't do cutscenes for any of the other DLC characters, they just did in-game stuff. I doubt they're going to have a whole thing in-game where they have to put a bunch of extra work into animating them in Arwings, especially for a veteran.

This was added in later

Why even specify that for one? Another thing he claimed he only saw screenshots but the way things happen in the trailer are weirdly detailed for him not seeing anything in motion. And for two, Nintendo is really going to make a cutscene for a veteran but not for a 3rd party character? At least with Ryu they did the nod to Street Fighter 2 with his trailer.
If Ryu didn't get one then it's unlikely that others will.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I hope this doesn't become the next "Hi, I'm Daisy!".

I don't want another one of my fav character's hated because of one line...
:4shulk:
:sonic:
Welcome to their world.

It's inevitable really. I don't think I'm gonna mind that much, HW already has repetitive as **** lines.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I notice that our so called "leaker" is full of ****, and used one of the most believed "leaks" to back up his fanfic-tier story.

I call bs, wait till the direct happens.

Everything you hear from here till then will be total horse****.

Ryu and Roy were only leaked cause they were datamined, and moments before the trailer at E3, we knew it was legit cause their videos and other data were also mined.

The roster was leaked due to a review copy. Which is also faily typical. And the Brazilian dude got into a lot of **** for it.

This time around, we have none of those things, meaning no one really knows, and the people that DO know, aren't willing to lose their jobs + a lawsuit for 15 seconds of internet fame. Especially not after that fat dude from the Treehouse got fired for privacy disclosure and then cried about it on Twitter.

Wait for the direct, everyone claiming to have "inside info" is full of ****. It's common sense man.

People just have nothing to do and use the Direct as a way to remove their boredom and create unproven "leaks". Then again, we don't really know what's going to happen.. yet.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think we all just need to remember that nothing is set in stone here. We could very well not get anything Smash related tomorrow.
Not being pessimistic, just realistic. :V

Shroob

Sup?
I think we all just need to remember that nothing is set in stone here. We could very well not get anything Smash related tomorrow.
Not being pessimistic, just realistic. :V
This is true. We still haven't gotten a retweet from Sakurai.

EDIT: THAT TIMING

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man I'm really bummed about the King of Hyrule's voice.

He's actually my favorite Zelda character so him being obnoxious rea-

AND WE HAVE A SAKURAI TWEET ABOUT TOMORROWS DIRECT

HYPE TRAIN FULL THROTTLE EVERYONE
No longer bummed.

Shroob

Sup?
I have the best ****ing timing in the world.

Say we haven't gotten a tweet from Sakurai > get one from Sakurai.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have the best ****ing timing in the world.

Say we haven't gotten a tweet from Sakurai > get one from Sakurai.
Say we haven't gotten Ivysaur yet.

Say it!

Please....

Use your power for good.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Geez guys, it was fairly obvious we'd get something. No need to be so surprised, not yet anyway.

Also stop the gifs and videos now, unless you have a contribution to discussion

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I have my sad airhorns prepared for Wolf again.

-Ridley is on suicide watch.
-King K. Rool and Dixie screaming are each other.
-Isaac is stripping and giving his clothes to Nintendo to use for Smash if it means Golden Sun will get another game.
-Shovel Knight is digging his own grave.
-Snake is rehearsing his lines, because he's almost as dumb as MGSV's plot when *insert massive spoilers here*

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Nintendo? No.
Sakurai? Probably.

I mean ultimately it's not up to him, but I'd wager the man is done with Smash once this DLC is done. He's said in the past (correct me if I'm wrong PushDustIn PushDustIn ) that there aren't many people he honestly feels he can trust giving the series to. Never forget, this is the guy who said Melee was the final Smash, and so was Brawl. And he's saying it about Smash 4 now.

Again, it ultimately won't be his call. But I don't doubt he'll have a hard time letting anyone else do a Smash game. We all know how stubborn he can be.

I think Sakurai just treats every game as his last. He tries to make it live up to his own impossible standards. He says it's his last because he gives his all during development.

That being said I'm sure he will be back. He's been very happy working on DLC as it's more of his pace, I believe. He seems happy in the interviews/ appearances I've seen if that's anything to go by.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I have my sad airhorns prepared for Wolf again.

-Ridley is on suicide watch.
-King K. Rool and Dixie screaming are each other.
-Isaac is stripping and giving his clothes to Nintendo to use for Smash if it means Golden Sun will get another game.
-Shovel Knight is digging his own grave.
-Snake is rehearsing his lines, because he's almost as dumb as MGSV's plot when *insert massive spoilers here*
Ice Climbers once again are stuck hanging with the retro losers, where they were met with cold reception due to jealousy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom