• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I wonder what well see in addition to news of a character, at the very least. will we immediately get one? I dunno...but I'm confident we'll at least see a new one.
I wonder what else we'll get, though.

Chrono.

About the FAQs leak.

I'm pretty sure the guy saw the Wolf/Rool/Bomberman leak and came up with something on the spot, there's just a lot that doesn't add up.

Plus the usual "I saw some pics of the Direct...and I'll only talk about Smash!" is just old and tired

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
A speculative roster thing I made that went alongside my giant post a few months back I'll bring up for the Direct: (Context: This is for the next singular reveal, not my view on overall chances for multiple characters.)

Green = most likely, red = least. This was my prediction list I made in August. For some additions:

-Shantate into upper RED
-King K. Rool into lower YELLOW
-Ridley into lower RED
-Chibi Robo into lower YELLOW
-Isaac into upper RED

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I've seen multiple people claiming on Twitter and elsewhere that, no matter who gets revealed tomorrow we probably won't be surprised... now I want Sakurai to come out of left field and surprise me.

edit: Also, don't they usually have a guesstimate on how long the direct will be? Or do they only post that info up like right before it? I thought we usually know at least a bit ahead of time.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, Sakurai tweeted the Direct...

Now, I just need to survive this day. It's almost 10 AM here and the Direct starts at 10 PM.

It's hype time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't really want a surprise.

I just want a good old popular character.

I've filled my quota with surprises for a while.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I don't really want a surprise.

I just want a good old popular character.

I've filled my quota with surprises for a while.
I'd settle for both personally. As much as I like SK and Inklings, and that gfaqs leak trio, it'd be rad to get someone no one is expecting and is popular. Heck, just a surprise alone I think would rejuvenate the community.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm like 85 percent sure Roy and Lucas were the last veterans we're getting.

So a veteran would be a surprise for me.

Shroob

Sup?
12 hours.

12 hours are all that remain between us, and the Direct. To anyone who is able to, I suggest getting some rest.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
If we get Sukapon I will start the Church of Sakurai

Maybe Kirby eat our flesh for he is blessed

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You people have strange concepts of surprises.

You're saying popular characters like Wolf and Shovel Knight.

I'm thinking :4wiifitm::4wiifit: when I talk about surprises.

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
12 hours.

12 hours are all that remain between us, and the Direct. To anyone who is able to, I suggest getting some rest.
Insomnia has been holding all night since midnight. finally, I'm starting to get sleepy. I'll probably wake up for breakfast in like 7 hours (its 5am for me). goodnight folks, I'll see you all on this hype train later today.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
So, Sakurai tweeted the Direct...

Now, I just need to survive this day. It's almost 10 AM here and the Direct starts at 10 PM.

It's hype time.
The Direct starts at 9AM for me. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to sleep tonight with all this hype, may as well just pull an allnighter. :happysheep:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Call me crazy, but I think there's a possibility of more than one character being revealed.

(Please, let one of them be Wolf... :()

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Call me crazy, but I think there's a possibility of more than one character being revealed.

Pretty sure we're getting two at least.

Maybe all three. Who knows?

Shroob

Sup?

Considering our last reveal was a triple, it's not impossible, especially since it's been 5 MONTHS since the last characters were added.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It should have been :/
And it still will be.
I think unlike Ryu the amount of disbelief around that idea of a 3rd party indie getting in would defintiely surprise even those of us who have been discussing it for months.

It's not exactly a Ryu situation where we had piles of hard to deny evidence and then actual footage of him in game pre-reveal.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think unlike Ryu the amount of disbelief around that idea of a 3rd party indie getting in would defintiely surprise even those of us who have been discussing it for months.

It's not exactly a Ryu situation where we had piles of hard to deny evidence and then actual footage of him in game pre-reveal.
So you're saying...

Literally anyone is a surprise?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So you're saying...

Literally anyone is a surprise?
I think so, I mean we're at a certain part of DLC where things won't exactly be easy to predict.

I mean we talk about a lot of characters and all those characters are not the center of a leak with really irrefutable evidence so that to me means they'd be really surprising.

I mean I believed the Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr stuff, but was still surprised seeing them after all.

D

Deleted member

I'm on #TeamSurprise
And I mean Robin kind of surprise
Not WFT kind of surprise
Someone we don't expect but is still really wanted

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know what would be seriously hype? Snake being revealed.

The Direct starts at 9AM for me. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to sleep tonight with all this hype, may as well just pull an allnighter. :happysheep:
Good luck to you and all those in Australia trying to sleep with all this hype. :p

At least, you can sleep so time goes faster... I have a whole day of classes before the Direct.

I agree, I am honestly expecting two characters to be revealed, and one will definitely be Wolf.
It's likely that Star Fox Zero will be shown, so who knows?

I want to believe, but I'm not setting myself for disappointment. It may not happen, after all.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know what would be seriously hype? Snake being revealed.
It's likely that Star Fox Zero will be shown, so who knows?

I want to believe, but I'm not setting myself for disappointment. It may not happen, after all.
Well, Wolf is not really a character I care for. I just think it's logical to expect his return today.
Expecting Snake however would be setting myself up for a letdown, probably. :D

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Still on #TeamNoMoreVeterans.

Anyway...

So far we have:

- Pokemon News? Pokemon Z? Pokken?
- Twilight Princess HD?
- Amiibo News most likely.
- Minecraft Wii U?
- Smash DLC news.

This is already shaping up to potentially be a great direct.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean if all we get is literally just Wolf.

I'm still pretty hyped! :wolf:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder if part of the reason we haven't seen Wolf yet is so he can get a new voice actor.
I really hope this isn't the case as I love Wolf's Brawl voice...
I just think we haven't seen him because he's not Sakurai's radar at the moment.

I honestly don't expect him to return till Smash 5 at this point.

He'll be back, but he's either going to be next game's Mewtwo situation.

Or be a triumphant veteran return with the Climbers. I could be wrong, but this is just what I feel.

I really feel like Sakurai has put veterans behind him and he's only focusing on newcomers he had in mind and ballot ''winners".

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder if part of the reason we haven't seen Wolf yet is so he can get a new voice actor.
I really hope this isn't the case as I love Wolf's Brawl voice...
That might be a reason honestly.

Wolf isn't a character you can reuse clips for and he's not exactly a priority for E3 like Ryu was.

I mean Roy, they hired the same guy and just used his Japanese clips for all versions.

I imagine getting all the localized voice actors would be a bigger hassle.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I definitely expect to see Wolf today. I can see him not wanting to overload the last wave with veterans so they develop Ryu first, then this time they have Wolf.

We'll see either way.

D

Deleted member

All this Direct really needs to please me is either Pokemon Z or a newcomer DLC for Smash
I'm tired of vets
Bonus points if we also get Fates release info

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Sakurai would have loaded all veterans into one thing, simply because veterans more than newcomers feel like ''Didn't make base game so we could charge you for them later."

I suppose less so on Roy and Mewtwo giving them skipped an entire game. But Lucas and Wolf would/definitely did have that vibe for some.

And we know Sakurai doesn't want the DLC to fill like it's just ''Oh yeah, here's our after thoughts."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think Sakurai would have loaded all veterans into one thing, simply because veterans more than newcomers feel like ''Didn't make base game so we could charge you for them later."

I suppose less so on Roy and Mewtwo giving them skipped an entire game. But Lucas and Wolf would/definitely did have that vibe for some.

And we know Sakurai doesn't want the DLC to fill like it's just ''Oh yeah, here's our after thoughts."
...I don't agree with that at all.
None of the returning characters feel like they were cut from the base game mostly to sell as DLC later, they were all legitimately cut from time constraints.
And, if anything, Mewtwo is the one that gives off that vibe the most, seeing as it seems like he really should have been in to begin with.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Edit: nevermind fake

Masuda retweeted the direct so we'll get an annoucement anyway I think

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom