• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Meanwhile at GameFAQs, people are raging and saying that Corrin is a pay-to-win character. :chuckle:

I've tried fighting against a Lv9 CPU Corrin and managed to beat him as Robin without losing a single stock on a For Glory 1v1 set up. I also did great against him as Link.

As Ganondorf, though, it took some tries. Ganondorf doesn't fare that well against projectile users.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The only fanarts of Zelda I have saved so far are for Zelda U, Midna, Hilda & Ghirahim....which makes Zelda look so dark XD.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So here's a topic I wanted to bring up, what are your thoughts on Sword Art Online? (Anime)
I like it.
Does it have problems? Yes, and big ones at that. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. There's much better anime out there, but there's also a lot worse.
I feel the same way towards Akame Ga Kill as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Meanwhile at GameFAQs, people are raging and saying that Corrin is a pay-to-win character. :chuckle:

I've tried fighting against a Lv9 CPU Corrin and managed to beat him as Robin without losing a single stock on a For Glory 1v1 set up. I also did great against him as Link.

As Ganondorf, though, it took some tries. Ganondorf doesn't fare that well against projectile users.
Level 9 CPUs aren't a good reference for how good a character is because the A.I plays with very specific patterns and the only thing that makes Level 9 CPUs remotely challenging is their ability to literally read your button inputs and perfectly respond to them with a shield or dodge. This in itself can be easily countered though as you can bait them into juggles very easily when they are in the air, as they will ALWAYS air dodge as long as they are free to do so.

Some characters also have particularly bad A.I. When I was doing some testing on Bayonetta's Level 9 A.I (mainly to test one specific property of her Smash Attacks), I was being Rosalina and I literally stood around at like, 200%, and they didn't think to just use their Smash attacks, so I survived really long because they kept just trying to shoot me with Bullet Arts and Bullet Climax a lot of the time.

Rosalina's Level 9 CPU A.I is also pretty bad since it doesn't know how to use Luma well at all, often just throwing him out at random for no real reason and not really doing anything with him. And Level 9 CPUs in general don't even know how to deal with Luma. They register his attacks and will try to dodge them, but they don't ever actually directly attempt to attack Luma. They only ever hit Luma if he happens to be in the way of Rosalina when they are trying to attack her.

Either way though, Corrin definitely isn't OP by any stretch, nor is Bayonetta.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That Japanese gift shop is pretty cool. I got a Sweet pokemon hat there,and the Gold and silver uncensored manga there. That store had some awesome stuff! I wanted to buy everything lol.
Where do I even begin, there was a ton of rare Pokémon and Zelda mangas that I haven't been able to find anywhere else, (Majora's Mask and Electric Tale of Pikachu respectively) and there were a ton of Figmas from Japanese things. Some of my favorites were Tifa from FFVII, a model of X based off an April Fool's joke from CAPCOM, and this really cool one of Super-Sayin Trunks from DBZ. (Even with a sword) They also had all this Studio Ghibli merch and the list of things literally could go on for hours.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I like it.
Does it have problems? Yes, and big ones at that. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. There's much better anime out there, but there's also a lot worse.
I feel the same way towards Akame Ga Kill as well.
Akame Ga Kill had some... Odd voice acting...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Actually, none of the characters are unlocked. It's the initial roster plus the 7 DLC characters.
Yeah, I said some as a measure in case there was one unlockable character I missed somewhere.

Though it turned out epicmartin meant something else entirely...:upsidedown:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Happy Corporate Marketing Valentine's Day everyone

image.jpeg

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I just watched Inside Out the other day. I can't believe I missed it. I loved it! Was very clever and fun to watch.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah I almost forgot it was Valentine's Day.

Here's my obligatory post on it for the day.

Miss Rosalina is a cute, cute, CUTE Valentine! :3

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That's why I like the Japanese version better, as it doesn't really have the problems that the English dub has.
(That and I can't even understand the characters so there's really no complaints)
I usually prefer watching English dubs, Akame Ga Kill's dub has problems, but it's not enough for me to switch to Japanese. A dub has to be REALLY bad for me to do so.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I usually prefer watching English dubs, Akame Ga Kill's dub has problems, but it's not enough for me to switch to Japanese. A dub has to be REALLY bad for me to do so.
I remember a few awful English dubs, but I can't put my finger on what they were called...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I must admit every time I lost against Corrin as Ganondorf was because he countered moves like Warlock Punch and Wizard's Foot while both characters were at high %s. Even other counters would have destroyed me.

Also, one of Bayo's weaknesses is that she can't combo that well when the foe is at higher %s and considering her Smash attacks are kind of slow and leave her very vulnerable, it's something that can be exploited.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I haven't really made anything for Valentines day. Neither anything for Professor Layton's 9th anniversary tomorrow really. (Heh, quite interesting Professor Layton's birthday is the day after valentines day)

Oh well, maybe next year...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well I am making something for Valentine's Day right now, but only at the request of someone else. I don't have any Valentine.

D

Deleted member

Remember when Cloud was broken?
lol
The one thing I mostly dislike about the anime fanbase is when they disregard an entire story for the sake of "I want to see my waifu/husbando".

It doesn't matter if an episode or chapter builds into the story or is meaningful in some way, if said fans' waifu/husbando isn't part of it, they'll complain.

These kind of fans piss me off so much and this is why I'm less than pleased about Fire Emblem's current direction. It's the beginning of the series' degradation.
Am I the only one that reads "waifu/husbando" as "character liked by the person who also happens to be attractive" instead of "I want to **** this fictional character"?
This... this is beautiful...
I'm more focused on how the roster looks with the DLC but with nobody unlocked

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My day has been pretty boring so far. May I'll eat out with a group of friends.

Am I the only one that reads "waifu/husbando" as "character liked by the person who also happens to be attractive" instead of "I WANT TO **** THIS FICTIONAL CHARACTER"?
I believe the same.

:231:

vespy

Smash Rookie
akame ga kill had some pretty good kills though i like to see characters kick the bucket in animes.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's Valentine's Day.
Everyone's waxing about relationships and crap.
I'm learning how to speedrun an already tasking game.

(Edit: Namely padding out time til my SO wakes up over on the aussie shores)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Waifu/husbando refers to a fictional character you simply have a crush on or are "in love" with.

It's basically saying "if he/she were real, I'd totally try to hook up with them".

Like real love, lust can be a part of it, but it's not necessarily the defining element.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, it's Valentine's Day
*ahem*
Roses are red
Violets are blue
You nerds should all play
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh we doin' Valentine's poems now?

Roses are red
& Knuckles too
I must go quickly
Much faster than you

:4sonic:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So i have a very simple question:

What happen to Mother 4? I hear the developpent have slowed down alot but i don't know the detail. So does anyone here know by hazard?

Also for why i post this question, it's totally not because of Undertale that make me want to know more about the Mother series, totally not.:chuckle:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
On his stream, Star described Overwatch as "FPS Ben 10".

That's fairly accurate, I suppose.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Chrono.

I saw the Crash thing on Destructoid, so at least Gematsu isn't the only source this time :p

Either way I don't care about Crash, but if it's getting revived that's cool.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only apprehension I have about the Toy Fair guy's comment is that he literally said "I see they're bringing back Crash", as if he wasn't commenting as an insider, but as someone who has observed the Crash teasing Sony has done up to this point, like the rest of us.

So his comment may not really be an insider one.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You know, it's sad that a game that's barely 2 months old has so many glitches that it makes a 20 minute video:

I swear the rocks in this game aren't even solid.
When I made a review of the game I satated in my review that I had reasons to thinkt he game is partially rushed other than the abundance of the toad minigames.

This is why.

See, the author of the video was since 2 weeks in the Paper Mario speedrunning community discord which I am too since like 6 months. They had a pj channel where I can safely say this: there was extremely active talks about glitches int he game. While thinking aobut some causes of why they occur, it;s clear to me that the enginnerring sucks a lot.

Don't expect most of these to get patch, it;s inherent problems. The engine managed to be VERY borken and even more than DT. Thjey assumed success on battle.

The game only has the dev to blame to have such a bad engineering.

The thign is, I still think the game is really good casually, but it;s one of the worst engineering I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom