• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Filia isn't parasoul >_>

Can we really count Annie as a kid?

I don't think we can :p
We counted Tiki as a kid when she was about 800 years old.

I think Annie's fine to still be called a kid.

This picture just screams: "Your waifu belongs in the trash"

Thing is though that Filia is the best girl
Filia isn't parasoul >_>

Can we really count Annie as a kid?

I don't think we can :p
Squiggly*
I'll take my space-bending singer who's going to bring Aeon and Venus into the main timeline.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Oh yeah there's Eliza and Filia.

I would like Eliza more if her main character trait wasn't ancient cat murderer lady.

Filia is chunky and short and cute. She's great.

Who does? Not me.
Squigly is the best

I mean look at her hips like DAMM

I think Annie's fine to still be called a kid.

Squiggly*
I'll take my space-bending singer who's going to bring Aeon and Venus into the main timeline.
Yeah but then you CONSTANTLY have to deal with a 3rd wheel (talk about awkward) and it requires a world destroying monster to be alive for her to even EXIST.

I would rather not.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh yeah there's Eliza and Filia.

I would like Eliza more if her main character trait wasn't ancient cat murderer lady.

Filia is chunky and short and cute. She's great.
"If you can't love me at my worst; you can't handle my best~"
Also she doesn't murder the cat.
Besides.

Evil is in.

Look at at this way.

If I HAVE to do a super long combo on a corpse in bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I would prefer to do it without a snake sticking out of her head speaking in a super fancy accent during. :p

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I know that.

The way I worded it I meant she's a cat that's also a murderer. Not that she kills cats.

(does anyone here know how to get controllers working on PCSX? I'm going to start my JRPG binge with FF7 tomorrow)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Cerebella needs to meet other men.

Like seriously.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Look at at this way.

If I HAVE to do a super long combo on a corpse in bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I would prefer to do it without a snake sticking out of her head speaking in a super fancy accent during. :p
Talkin' bout Squigly?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'm really good at tourneys but I always blow hard during finals. Advice?
e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶i̶t̶ ̶g̶u̶d̶

In all honesty you only get good through defeat.I say if your winning to much your not improving,lose,get your ass kick and learn from mistake.And i dont mean from time to time.If your serious about being good,practice daily and be prepared to catch my L.Thats how i get better,you learn from your mistakes.Thats my advice anyway

D

Deleted member

You're really fond of Ests it seems
Yes
Sorry for late reply, but it's less about them kicking ass after being trained and more about them being generally a cute girl that can kick your ass
What? He's even optional, on an optional chapter!
So many countries, too much time that I spent in the Japanese gift shop.
Found the weeb :p
Who does? Not me.
Well, of course YOU wouldn't
Goddamn Lolicons
Smash 4 hacks have finally evolved to another level:
It's good to see that the Smash hackers are a bunch of memelords
This will make it easier for everyone in the long run

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Those custom amiibo's make me miss the Brawl cuts even more, especially Ivysuar. :(
@Only Human You can always try ordering online later.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If NX has the same power as even the PS4 I don't believe many people will buy it. This is because most people have the PS4 and people these days play what thier friends play on so they can play with them.

Unless Nintendo has a Megaton launch & first year lineup with ACTUAL advertising (bus stops ect not just the rare TV ads on kids channels) and no controversies like what XB1 had at the beginning.

It will be a failure especially if it has a gimmicky controller. Why can't they just take the U Pro and improve it greatly?! (like, adding a NFC touch area)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Happy Swampentine Day, everyone. :p Should I say, Swamp is in the air? :laugh:

More NX rumours? As someone somewhere said, introducing it now would kill the Wii U. People are already holding off on buying a Wii U at this point, even with Zelda U and Star Fox Zero on the way.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Day 13 : A game more people should know about

Fun fact, it was originally planned to get released on Wii's launch.

Day 14 : A sequel you think should happen

It has been over 13 years we are waiting for the bottom line of what happens next.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was tagged here... and it was about SAO of all things. I don't need to reiterate what was said here, but yeah, SAO is garbage.

I don't know how it got popular as it did and why people think it's one of the best anime ever on par with series like Death Note or FMA: Brotherhood that actually have well-written stories and characters.

Even a ton of the many shounen action series are better than SAO if only for the fact the present themselves consistently in accordance to their initial premise.

SAO is overrated crap and anyone who wants to get into anime has much better options to choose from as their first series.

Smash 4 hacks have finally evolved to another level:
Beautiful.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was tagged here... and it was about SAO of all things. I don't need to reiterate what was said here, but yeah, SAO is garbage.

I don't know how it got popular as it did and why people think it's one of the best anime ever on par with series like Death Note or FMA: Brotherhood that actually have well-written stories and characters.

Even a ton of the many shounen action series are better than SAO if only for the fact the present themselves consistently in accordance to their initial premise.

SAO is overrated crap and anyone who wants to get into anime has much better options to choose from as their first series.
A while ago, I made a post saying I was considering watching anime "I pretty much know I won't like very much".

It was actually SAO I was referring to. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The one thing I mostly dislike about the anime fanbase is when they disregard an entire story for the sake of "I want to see my waifu/husbando".

It doesn't matter if an episode or chapter builds into the story or is meaningful in some way, if said fans' waifu/husbando isn't part of it, they'll complain.

These kind of fans piss me off so much and this is why I'm less than pleased about Fire Emblem's current direction. It's the beginning of the series' degradation.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I was taking a look at Soneek's channel, and I found this:

Actual model adjustments like this aren't a problem it seems. This gives me a bunch of simple model tweak mods I want to try, such as:

-Fire Rosalina/Peach (with the actual ponytails)
-Tennis Rosalina/Peach
-Biker Rosalina/Peach
-Cat Mario/Luigi/Rosalina/Peach/Luma
-Daisy character alt for Peach (by "character alt", I mean literally changing them to that character, like with Alph and the Koopalings)
-Zack Fair character alt for Cloud
-Metal Sonic character alt for Sonic
-Jet Set Sonic
-Black Tie Sonic
-An original alt costume idea I have for Ike

...and many more!

I really hope I can find the time to get into Smash Wii U modding.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So I was taking a look at Soneek's channel, and I found this:

Actual model adjustments like this aren't a problem it seems. This gives me a bunch of simple model tweak mods I want to try, such as:

-Fire Rosalina/Peach (with the actual ponytails)
-Tennis Rosalina/Peach
-Biker Rosalina/Peach
-Cat Mario/Luigi/Rosalina/Peach/Luma
-Daisy character alt for Peach (by "character alt", I mean literally changing them to that character, like with Alph and the Koopalings)
-Zack Fair character alt for Cloud
-Metal Sonic character alt for Sonic
-Jet Set Sonic
-Black Tie Sonic
-An original alt costume idea I have for Ike

...and many more!

I really hope I can find the time to get into Smash Wii U modding.
So is it only possible to adjust models or can you maybe also replace and edit some of them?

I mean, I would like to make a conductor/Outset outfit for Toon Link but I'm not sure whether I can redesign him a bit or have to mold his original model around bit....

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
If NX has the same power as even the PS4 I don't believe many people will buy it. This is because most people have the PS4 and people these days play what thier friends play on so they can play with them.

Unless Nintendo has a Megaton launch & first year lineup with ACTUAL advertising (bus stops ect not just the rare TV ads on kids channels) and no controversies like what XB1 had at the beginning.

It will be a failure especially if it has a gimmicky controller. Why can't they just take the U Pro and improve it greatly?! (like, adding a NFC touch area)
I rather they just use the controllers they already have and just make the pro controller the main one than for them ro make a new controller. Also they make account for their network first, I'm not buying another console if I can't play the games I already have. They already burn me with the WII U I'm not getting the NX if they don't meet those requirements

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So is it only possible to adjust models or can you maybe also replace and edit some of them?

I mean, I would like to make a conductor/Outset outfit for Toon Link but I'm not sure whether I can redesign him a bit or have to mold his original model around bit....
Well the Elec-Man mod and the "character swap mods" prove that total model swaps are possible, you just have to make sure the animation rigging of the character works well for the model you are putting on them. For example, while most of the model swap mods look really jank, some of them looked fairly natural, like Palutena's model over Peach, since the two characters have a similar size and rig to begin with.

For alternate costumes, I would recommend just editing the existing model. Most importantly, keep the face models from the original Smash model if possible. For example, for Tennis Rosalina/Peach, I would take the models from Ultra Smash, take the bodies from them and re-size/reproportion them if needed, and join them onto the heads of the Smash models, while keeping the Smash rig in tact. Position them exactly in place of the original Smash body, and then delete the Smash body, and it should be fine.

I do also want to look into how possible animation rig changes are. I believe it is possible, because I feel like the functionality is in the game. This is because, some alts, like the female WFT and Robin, and Cloud's Advent Children outfit, clearly have extra moving parts. Male WFT and Robin don't have ponytails/pigtails, while the female ones clearly do, and they are actually rigged with their own animation bone. Same with the Advent Children Cloud, he has a bunch of physics objects (extra cloth pieces, the ribbon on two versions of AC Cloud, etc) on his model that the SOLDIER Uniform Cloud clearly does not have.

What I'm not sure of yet though, is the approach - for example, do SOLDIER Uniform Cloud and Advent Children Cloud legitimately have different rigs, with AC Cloud having extra bones for the various extra physics objects? Or does SOLDIER Uniform Cloud still technically have those extra bones on his model and they are active, but since there are no model parts attached to them in the SOLDIER Uniform, they simply don't do anything to this version of the Cloud model?

Unfortunately I can't find any characters with these kind of different alts on Models Resource right now and I don't know where else I can find models for Nintendo games (I know more have been ripped than what this site has - for example, I have some 3D World models in Source Filmmaker but the same ones aren't on Models Resource), so I can't actually analyse the armature to find out for sure.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well the Elec-Man mod and the "character swap mods" prove that total model swaps are possible, you just have to make sure the animation rigging of the character works well for the model you are putting on them. For example, while most of the model swap mods look really jank, some of them looked fairly natural, like Palutena's model over Peach, since the two characters have a similar size and rig to begin with.

For alternate costumes, I would recommend just editing the existing model. Most importantly, keep the face models from the original Smash model if possible. For example, for Tennis Rosalina/Peach, I would take the models from Ultra Smash, take the bodies from them and re-size/reproportion them if needed, and join them onto the heads of the Smash models, while keeping the Smash rig in tact. Position them exactly in place of the original Smash body, and then delete the Smash body, and it should be fine.

I do also want to look into how possible animation rig changes are. I believe it is possible, because I feel like the functionality is in the game. This is because, some alts, like the female WFT and Robin, and Cloud's Advent Children outfit, clearly have extra moving parts. Male WFT and Robin don't have ponytails/pigtails, while the female ones clearly do, and they are actually rigged with their own animation bone. Same with the Advent Children Cloud, he has a bunch of physics objects (extra cloth pieces, the ribbon on two versions of AC Cloud, etc) on his model that the SOLDIER Uniform Cloud clearly does not have.

What I'm not sure of yet though, is the approach - for example, do SOLDIER Uniform Cloud and Advent Children Cloud legitimately have different rigs, with AC Cloud having extra bones for the various extra physics objects? Or does SOLDIER Uniform Cloud still technically have those extra bones on his model and they are active, but since there are no model parts attached to them in the SOLDIER Uniform, they simply don't do anything to this version of the Cloud model?

Unfortunately I can't find any characters with these kind of different alts on Models Resource right now and I don't know where else I can find models for Nintendo games (I know more have been ripped than what this site has - for example, I have some 3D World models in Source Filmmaker but the same ones aren't on Models Resource), so I can't actually analyse the armature to find out for sure.
I see, so long as the model itself is designed around the rig, it should work more or less fine. I'm mainly asking this due to new UV maps and the different texture and normals that come along with it and if they can translate over well into the game (unless you use them to replace the originals?). It feels like it might need a special program in order for this to work properly. More or less like how Brawl modding worked.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I see, so long as the model itself is designed around the rig, it should work more or less fine. I'm mainly asking this due to new UV maps and the different texture and normals that come along with it and if they can translate over well into the game (unless you use them to replace the originals?). It feels like it might need a special program in order for this to work properly. More or less like how Brawl modding worked.
I would imagine UV maps, normals, and the like, are something just inherent to the models. So if you need new normal maps for a texture mod, you'd have to just make them yourself, and apply them to the model in whatever editing program you use. I can't say for sure though as I haven't been able to actually look at how these things work in-game from a coding standpoint and I haven't seen the file directories for the game, or anything.

I've been trying to take my Cosmic Spirit mod further myself by doing this sort of thing, the main goal being to make sure the texture can animate well in-game. As the actual texture I'm using does this in-game. It's just a matter of figuring out if that's something I need to apply to the model inherently, or if it's an in-game instruction that makes the texture do that in-game. I want to make the former work regardless though, just for the sake of my own practice.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I would imagine UV maps, normals, and the like, are something just inherent to the models. So if you need new normal maps for a texture mod, you'd have to just make them yourself, and apply them to the model in whatever editing program you use. I can't say for sure though as I haven't been able to actually look at how these things work in-game from a coding standpoint and I haven't seen the file directories for the game, or anything.

I've been trying to take my Cosmic Spirit mod further myself by doing this sort of thing, the main goal being to make sure the texture can animate well in-game. As the actual texture I'm using does this in-game. It's just a matter of figuring out if that's something I need to apply to the model inherently, or if it's an in-game instruction that makes the texture do that in-game. I want to make the former work regardless though, just for the sake of my own practice.
That sounds good. I guess I'll probably try to make my own Outset/Conductor Link model edit around Toon Link's original model sometime and see how things go with Smash Wii U mods over time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom