• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Going on a low carb diet

Fish seems the way to go

Around $1 or less each per frozen pack (of 14)

If I only eat one a day that's pretty good

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei and Opossum Opossum and PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate and @Curious Villager and @Substitution and @sonicbrawler182 and A Distant Demon A Distant Demon and whoever else was interested in this discussion:

So uh, funnily enough 'Jew' is a word that goes both ways. It's a word that is currently being "reclaimed" by the Jewish community. My friends use "Jew" all the time, it's shorter and easier. Now reclaiming words and all of this stuff is just difficult to work with. Personally I'm a big fan of intent. My non-Jewish friends have made some ridiculously dark jokes that to anyone else would seem horrible. I know that my friends have the 'intellectual nuance' to understand those jokes aren't internalised prejudices, so we all have a good laugh and go on our merry way.

Using the word 'Jew' out of context needs intellectual nuance and sensitivity. There are people out there who will feel offended at the short-hand. I personally don't like the idea of being triggered by buzz-words and I personally feel intent is a whole lot more important, so you're far more likely to be able to use the word around me and not feel demonised than you are with say, a Jew (ironic - and it does annoy me slightly that I'm able to use this word more freely than you are) who has had that used as an insult against them on occasion or one who has had family members or themselves been in the holocaust where 'Jude' was a literal translation of 'Jew' in German and that obviously had its connotations.

So tl;dr - The word 'Jew' can be triggering for some Jewish people who prefer the longer term. As part of that specific minority group, I get more free use over this term than others but I still have to be sensitive to the people who are actually triggered by it (but this whole fact still annoys me). To me it matters most about intent and sensitivity - as I'm not triggered by the word at all, I do not mind my friends and acquaintances using it around me - but other Jews are cases you have to be sensitive to, and make sure that by using this word you're not internalising pre-existing prejudices or stereotypes of Jewish people.

At the end of the day it'll probably soon get to the point where that word stops triggering people and people can finally use the convenient short-term without being shouted at, but on the other hand, anti-semitism is currently on the rise in the greater scene right now so lawl, we'll just have to wait and see.

P.S. I just have to stress how funny it is that you guys are asking me, because to me it's such a non-offense to me from you guys that I actually had to think about this post a lot more than I initially wanted to. :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Luco proving why he's the best.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
New costumes for Mario Maker popped up.

September or October.

Business as usual for Pokemon, that's usually when major releases happen so it wouldn't surprise me.
They were right on the money - you really ARE the early bird news wise.

kylexv

Smash Master

September or October.

Business as usual for Pokemon, that's usually when major releases happen so it wouldn't surprise me.
They have sounds.
I reapeat, they actually have sounds from the Pokemon games.
(Video has been set to private, so I can't show you unfortunately)

EDIT: And this is the next North American Splatfest

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
:surprised:
Well then here's some more news :p

The new Pokemon costumes have their correct sounds! *currently playing through the event course*
:surprised:

That's awesome!

I actually wonder if that means the Z version will have the same Kanto starters promotion in-game like X and Y.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Even Splatfest is getting in on the Pokemon craze.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

September or October.

Agreed and
YES!!!!

Pokémon Splatfest is a thing.
YES!!!!

The kanto starters are in mario maker and there is a pokemon splatfest!!!

The costumes just gave me the perfect idea for a Mario Maker Level! This is going to be good, I'll start work on it shortly!

I haven't finished my last course but this will be better!

Can't wait for that splatfest!

And please give the other pokemon their correct sounds in MM!

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Wow. This bit of Splatfest news that y'all just spread... reminds me of the Daily Miiverse Picture thread where everybody would rush to embed a link to it first.

D

Deleted member

September or October.

OH MY ****ING GOD
Wait, do they have sou--
Well then here's some more news :p

The new Pokemon costumes have their correct sounds! *currently playing through the event course*
What kind of threat they made to GF to get these rights?
Even Splatfest is getting in on the Pokemon craze.
The fact that the Japanese Splatfest is Red vs. Blues instead of Red vs. Green triggers me
Also, can't wait for the European Splatfest to be Diamond vs. Pearl :troll:
Get it? Because the EU Splatfests suck
Just like Sinnoh :^)

Chrono.

The fact that the Japanese Splatfest is Red vs. Blues instead of Red vs. Green triggers me
Nah Japanese Splatfest is still Red vs Green. They're just advertising both Splatfests.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
OH MY ****ING GOD
Wait, do they have sou--

It's actually Red vs Green. They just explained that the international versions are Red and Blue because only Japan got green.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OH MY ****ING GOD
Wait, do they have sou--

What did you say about shinnoh?

You will be judged for that statement!

I'll admit though, D and P were blandish for me, but I really loved Platinum. It made the games better for me..

Khoru

Smash Champion
whoa wait wait wait what the ****
why did nobody tell me that physicists confirmed gravitational waves

D

Deleted member

whoa wait wait wait what the ****
why did nobody tell me that physicists confirmed gravitational waves
We getting hyped about Pokeymanz and you bribg up... whatever you're talking about

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur in Mario Maker with their proper sounds again + Pokemon themed Splatfests in Splatoon (Called it and wanted it for a long time) = A very big 20th anniversary of the Pokemon series. I think my Poke existential crisis is slowly beginning to fade away.

(Now, if only this computer could give me one of those slashy things above the letter 'e' so I can type it properly)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

September or October.

Now only if I could get a blastoise

Imagine a scenario where Sakurai just decides to bring them in honor of the anniversary.

And Wolf still doesn't come back
"POKEMON ALREADY HAD TOO MANY REPS AND YOU ADD MORE!?!?!"

"THIS IS BULL****"

"SAKURAI BIAS"

Salt breeding more salt

etc etc until smash NX rolls around. Almost makes me want to see it :p

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
A few minutes ago I was playing FG, but this time I was almost at my best skill, so much so that I kept my legs criss-cross (While they sweat), and only move my hand, and head. I was able to 2 stocked a Rosalina player as Dr. Mario (Who I defeated her with my Down B when she was at 60%, and she was spamming Smashes) and a Villager, Absolutely REKT the heck out of a FG Link Spammer (Who taunted at me when he was at High % when I lost my first stock as Cloud, then proceed to taunt two times he was in star K.O., and rage quitted when I defeated him again when he was a ROB spammer), and defeated a REALLY GOOD Ike players two times.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
basically a theoretical physics thing that's part of einstein's theory of general relativity from a hundred years ago has been proven to exist

there are four fundamental forces in the universe - electromagnetism, gravity, and the weak and strong nuclear forces
the latter two only really have an influence on an atomic level, so don't worry about those
in the past we've had to rely on just electromagnetic radiation - radio waves, microwaves, infrared, light, ultraviolet, x-rays, and gamma rays - to observe distant objects in the universe
this has some pretty big downsides in... a lot of ways, but particularly with researching black holes, since their whole thing is being so eldritchly dense that they absorb all radiation (i think hawking has some theoretical thing about them emitting gamma rays, but i'm not super up to date on that)
anyway it's proven (for all intents and purposes) now that massive objects make actual, tangible ripples in the metaphorical "fabric" of spacetime
their gravity can be observed
so that's a meandering and perhaps-coherent explanation of why this is important
i think?

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
It's hard for me to believe that it's Pokemon's 20th anniversary. When I first started playing Pokemon, it was their 10th and I was playing Pokemon Sapphire. Now I'm playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

I get way to sentimental with stuff like this. :sadeyes:

basically a theoretical physics thing that's part of einstein's theory of general relativity from a hundred years ago has been proven to exist
there are four fundamental forces - electromagnetism, gravity, and the weak and strong nuclear forces
the latter two only really have an influence on an atomic level, so don't worry about those
in the past we've had to rely on just electromagnetic radiation - radio waves, microwaves, infrared, light, ultraviolet, x-rays, and gamma rays - to observe distant objects in the universe
this has some pretty big downsides in... a lot of ways, but particularly with researching black holes, since their whole thing is being so eldritchly dense that they absorb all radiation (i think hawking has some theoretical thing about them emitting gamma rays, but i'm not super up to date on that)
anyway it's proven (for all intents and purposes) now that massive objects make actual, tangible ripples in the metaphorical "fabric" of spacetime
their gravity can be observed
so that's a meandering and perhaps-coherent explanation of why this is important
i think?
I have no idea what you just said. :confused:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Their lines continue to be perfect.
This is perfection! They literally are both amazing!

Now we just need squirtle and Ivysaur to rejoin smash as well. :p

Probably because nobody here knows what that is. :p
Just saw something about it on Imgur and pulled a TLDR
Ssssh that's for the NX version
;)

And to get the pokemon costumes, the level needs to be cleared 3 times:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Interesting Pokemon news that popped up, I wonder what other things will pop to celebrate the anniversary. So far, the only thing I'm interested in the anniversary is Pokemon Go really.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
"Yay. Let's market the turd out of Pokemon, let's hype the fans around Pokemon Go, Pokken Tournament, new Mario Maker costumes, Splatfests, heck, there might even be a new game this year!

Let's only talk about Twilight Princess HD and Hyrule Warriors: Legends for Zelda, and bar any mention of Zelda Wii U for at least four more freaking months. Let's try to forget about Federation Force for Metroid.
Kid Icarus? That's not coming back for another 25 years...don't be silly" -Nintendo, 2016

Chrono.

"Yay. Let's market the turd out of Pokemon, let's hype the fans around Pokemon Go, Pokken Tournament, new Mario Maker costumes, Splatfests, heck, there might even be a new game this year!

Let's only talk about Twilight Princess HD and Hyrule Warriors: Legends for Zelda, and bar any mention of Zelda Wii U for at least four more freaking months. Let's try to forget about Federation Force for Metroid.
Kid Icarus? That's not coming back for another 25 years...don't be silly" -Nintendo, 2016
You do realize we're only in February?

I'm not saying Nintendo will do anything, but maybe we should wait for a good amount of time before we start jumping to conclusions.

After all, there hasn't even been a Direct this year.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Was anybody else waiting for a swimming Charmander?
I actually thought he would show up before the swimming part. It be hilariously ironic, since it's flame would go out.

But then again, so would Charziard's.... Although they can last longer in water.

Also, question, does anybody know if I could reset the 3ds systems, data and memory, and still be able to add homebrew on it?

Does resetting the data cause you to lose the 3ds updates, thus allowing you to skip it and then add homebrew? I am curious as to if it's possible.

@epicmartin7 you've been following the hacking scene on wii U, but what about 3ds? Would you happen to know anything about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom