• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i got to watch a bit of SF5's "character story"....would have prefered they just included an arcade mode because man they are short as all hell

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hi I'm here. After last night though I think I may need to find a new social thread. Likely not leaving the thread but I need a new group to talk to along with this one.

Any reccomendations for relatively calm social threads?
The Robin Social is pretty chill, or at least it was when I last visited it.

I can't recommend it though, because I haven't visited it in probably 6 months. Gotta avoid those FE spoilers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hi I'm here. After last night though I think I may need to find a new social thread. Likely not leaving the thread but I need a new group to talk to along with this one.

Any reccomendations for relatively calm social threads?
I'll just flat out say I don't recommend the Rosalina social.

But the Sonic social and Cloud social are pretty good from what I see.

The Sonic social is often referred to as "the happiest thread".

The entire plot of Xenoblade Chronicles X described in a single image.

Beautiful
Maybe this weekend I will ACTUALLY write that review. . .

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thanks for the recommendations. I don't think I'm leaving, doubt anyone would really mind if I did though.
I don't see any reason you need to leave. Maybe try a little harder to socialize with us and not push specific character ideas over others(basically, while the Paper Mario > Wolf thing was a joke, not everybody could tell). It's best to leave those jokes alone or make it extremely clear it's a joke. Smileys tend to help. :)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thanks for the recommendations. I don't think I'm leaving, doubt anyone would really mind if I did though.
It's more a case of it being your choice to make, and not anything in the vein of "we don't want you here".

If you feel this thread just makes your day worse then nobody is going to argue with you to make you stay. But your presence is welcome.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't see any reason you need to leave. Maybe try a little harder to socialize with us and not push specific character ideas over others(basically, while the Paper Mario > Wolf thing was a joke, not everybody could tell). It's best to leave those jokes alone or make it extremely clear it's a joke. Smileys tend to help. :)
How am I supposed to socialize here more? Joke about waifus? If anyone wants to chat with me, I've said that I'm willing for that anytime. I'm not sure how to fit in exactly.
That was a joke and I'm not sure if there's any other instance of me doing that. If there is then I'm sorry. Though that joke has turned out to be one of the reasons I want to find a new Social..

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Look who's getting excited for the upcoming film. And he's even regretting his actions for the Sonic Boom incident.

Chris Chan will do anything he can to always stay relevant.
But he's a Super Sand Lesbian who's been triggered by blue arms. Check your privilege, ma'am!

Again, thank you for the trip this morning and always being by my side. Negatibuzz won't be inspiriting me anymore, but unfortunately Dismarelda succeeded in her plan for tearing apart my family.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This was a disaster.

Not the game. Just the discussion.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Beautiful

I actually do, since I got far enough in the game before clicking that.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
But you have the power of the sun. Wouldn't you prefer the heat?

Seriously though, I have never even heard of it. I'm just in a silly mood today.
What makes it funny is that in Weeb Rider Hobo the Lion power enables OOO's head to glow as bright as the sun, so it's both
You two just made my day.

Suuuuuper!!

I saw in a review that the game is really buggy and gave a bad score.
I have it.

It's clearly shows it was inspired by Super Mario 64, but not as polished as said game. It's buggy too (a patch is on the way but I'm not sure how much fixing it will cover).
Ahhh dang. I might hold out and see if a patch is on the way in the next couple of months otherwise it's likely I'll forget about it.

The trailer does a good job at making it look awesome though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How am I supposed to socialize here more? Joke about waifus? If anyone wants to chat with me, I've said that I'm willing for that anytime. I'm not sure how to fit in exactly.
That was a joke and I'm not sure if there's any other instance of me doing that. If there is then I'm sorry. Though that joke has turned out to be one of the reasons I want to find a new Social..
Hey if people take a joke out of context, just apologize(if it caused drama), move on, try to be clear for some, and let it go. It's not a big deal.

I didn't realize it either, but what I did do was show how both of the characters were great options.

And socializing isn't talking about waifus. It means joining in healthy conversations and having fun. That's all. You seem to stick too much to yourself or always try to change the subject. That doesn't help much.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Beautiful
It is actually quite funny how accurate this is...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey if people take a joke out of context, just apologize(if it caused drama), move on, try to be clear for some, and let it go. It's not a big deal.

I didn't realize it either, but what I did do was show how both of the characters were great options.

And socializing isn't talking about waifus. It means joining in healthy conversations and having fun. That's all. You seem to stick too much to yourself or always try to change the subject. That doesn't help much.
Well, it was mostly Alde's response to it. No one else's was a problem to me.

I mean, like yesterday, I tried to change the topic because things were getting very heated with the initial Undertale argument and I didn't want to see that happen. I don't try to stick to myself but no one here really even talks to me much, so I don't have much chance to socialize and make jokes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, it was mostly Alde's response to it. No one else's was a problem to me.

I mean, like yesterday, I tried to change the topic because things were getting very heated with the initial Undertale argument and I didn't want to see that happen. I don't try to stick to myself but no one here really even talks to me much, so I don't have much chance to socialize and make jokes.
I think that's the issue. You simply need to work on it. I wish I could recommend you some nice threads. :c Maybe find a chatroom full of friends to talk to often? I did that and have improved much since. If that doesn't work, professional help is always an option. I myself have mental issues and had to see a psychiatrist(I'm not talking about me being Transgender, to clarify). It really helped change my view on the world and made my life far better. :)

Guess i'm in the wrong thread then >_>
Zebei, I'm being serious. This isn't funny nor is that real socializing. Waifu talk is really freaking creepy. >.<

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think that's the issue. You simply need to work on it. I wish I could recommend you some nice threads. :c Maybe find a chatroom full of friends to talk to often? I did that and have improved much since. If that doesn't work, professional help is always an option. I myself have mental issues and had to see a psychiatrist(I'm not talking about me being Transgender, to clarify). It really helped change my view on the world and made my life far better. :)

Zebei, I'm being serious. This isn't funny nor is that real socializing. Waifu talk is really freaking creepy. >.<
Well, I do partake in a lot of chats, just not particularly Smashboards chats. Don't think I need professional help haha, but I am glad they made your life far better.

Thanks for the help Irene.

D

Deleted member

You best get to that probing and BLADE Mission board then.
Also look for an NPC called Kirsty. She'll give you missions to do with probes and give you more types.

And yes there's a Collectopedia.
In which district is Kristy?
And when does the Collectopedia becomes avaible?
>Dedede's Winning
YES
>Has Final Smash
YES
>Up B's off the cliff and doesn't even try and stop
WHAT THE ****, DEDEDE
Am I a bad person for laughing when he did that? :drshrug:
I clicked that. I haven't beaten the game. But it explains the ingame mechanics PERFECTLY
"So, how do Arts work?"
*battle starts*
"HOW DO I ATTACK?"
*randomly selects Arts*
*5 hours that would just be 30 minutes if I didn't explore NLA*
HOW DO I LEVEL UP FIELD SKILLS?
No, seriously, I'm legit confused with that

And now I need to find some items for some guy name Justin but I don't have any idea where to get them
He also says I'm protagonist material
Geez, am I really that bland?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I do partake in a lot of chats, just not particularly Smashboards chats. Don't think I need professional help haha, but I am glad they made your life far better.

Thanks for the help Irene.
I am glad to help. It's what I live for. I do work in a Fast Food Restaurant after all. :grin:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So do you think think the Pokkén Tournament Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card can function as :4mewtwo: in Super Smash Bros.?

Still deciding if I'll buy the official Pokkén Tournament controller (the bad part is that said controller only works on that one game...)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So do you think think the Pokkén Tournament Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card can function as :4mewtwo: in Super Smash Bros.?

Still deciding if I'll buy the official Pokkén Tournament controller (the bad part is that said controller only works on that one game...)
Maybe. I can certainly hope so. Not that I need one cause I got a regular Mewtwo amiibo. XD

In which district is Kristy?
And when does the Collectopedia becomes avaible?

Am I a bad person for laughing when he did that? :drshrug:

"So, how do Arts work?"
*battle starts*
"HOW DO I ATTACK?"
*randomly selects Arts*
*5 hours that would just be 30 minutes if I didn't explore NLA*
HOW DO I LEVEL UP FIELD SKILLS?
No, seriously, I'm legit confused with that

And now I need to find some items for some guy name Justin but I don't have any idea where to get them
He also says I'm protagonist material
Geez, am I really that bland?
Check "intel" for the collectapedia

also welcome to XCX, where not enough is properly explained but plenty of easy stuff is explained too much . . .

I believe Kirsty is in the adminstartive district to the south east, near the end of Division alley. No idea WHEN she shows up.

She does show up in different areas after that quest though like an alley in the commercial district.

EDIT :4greninja:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom