• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to doubt the claim.

Did we get confirmation if it's a remake or something? Aren't all the studios that have done Kirby in Japan? Why would they use a Western board to post alpha screens? Why post alpha screens if they still have access to it?

It still seems like a fan project to me.
It's supposed to be a new game, with a lot of concepts taken from the canned GameCube game (such as riding on enemies). I believe he mentioned something about acquiring these screens long ago, but as for why he's only posting them now, and specifically to a Western board, your guess is as good as mine.

Either way, it's probably fake. A lot of the scenario just doesn't make sense.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
oh my god my mother just ate taco shells that were gone off 3 months ago and she doesn't care
If they're just old, its no big deal.

Taco Shells typically don't have anything that gets deadly with age.

If they were moldy than yeah, get worried.

But just outdated taco shells are fine, if not just a tad stale tasting.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
When it's a Just Dance game that features songs danced and sung by millions in Japan that'll help strengthen the love YW further for consumers, I don't think YW will be a fad anytime soon, there are already so many things planned for the franchise like the Yorozumart that opened in Japan and the Universal attraction. I don't think a franchise like Beyblade, Digimon, or Medabots have gone this far into marketing unless it gained high steam of popularity (Which YW is). And it's this marketing and upcoming games that assures YW will have a definite future, making Jibanyan one of the safer choices Sakurai can use to make Smash DLC sell while the iron is hot.
If I recall correctly, with Digimon, Beyblade and Medabots. it was more their anime tv shows that gained more popularity while their games didn't receive as much advertisements and marketing hence why they didn't do as well. At least from what I remember, that was the case for the latter two. With Yokai Watch they are at least trying to market the games and not just the tv show and making sure they are on people's radars so that's good at least for the Yokai Watch series.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know what to make of the kirby game leak, it's sketchy but plausible I guess. Either way, the leaker at least tried if fake.

I really can't believe that leak with such horrible quality. I mean it's better than a text leak but yuck. It would probably manage to get me to buy a Kirby game though so that would at least be nice.

I have a "Winston and a "Reinhardt" in one of my classes. Apparently i'm a future member of Overwatch and I don't even have the beta. BLIZZARD I NEED TO PRACTICE BEFORE THE ROBOTS KILL US ALL.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Another thing: This is another 3DS prototype that was revealed a year before the game's official release.

Super Mario 3D Land, at the time unnamed.
Same company, but it doesn't look like an early N64 game, like this Kirby "prototype".
Granted, this is later in development, but I really doubt someone got their hands on a prototype that looks like it was thrown together in a couple days.

Also, I don't think 2d blocks would be a placeholder for 3D blocks, that makes no sense. Why put a 3D object you can interact with as a 2D texture?

EDIT: Aaaand it's dead.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
upload_2015-11-11_17-54-9.png

Real OP puts hands up
Was actually a really good Kirby Air Ride mod
RIP in Dreamland

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
So, the OP just came clean, admitting that the Kirby leak is fake. He apparently modded Air Ride to get the screens and footage.

EDIT: :4greninja:

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well that didn't last long.

Knowing our luck, they'll probably reveal a 3D Kirby in the Direct. lol

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh gosh.

That might be my friend.

Let me check.

>talk about a leak
>immediately comes out as fake

Shovel Knight leak. . . no? ok.
Oh gosh.

That might be my friend.

Let me check.
The plot thickens. (Smashboards says hi)

EDIT how am I still pranked? feels like everyone who was pranked with me is already clean. Not that im complaining because pranked >>>> all but it feels like it's been forever after never having been pranked before. :laugh:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah so it's fake, makes sense with the circumstances surrounding it. I am surprised there are no other fake leakers. The hype must have got them.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Speaking of Kirby Air Ride, Source Gaming is working on some posts for the game. Depending on how much gets announced, these posts might come later this month or in December. We are starting to branch off a bit more from Smash, but Smash is still our focus :).

And while I'm speaking about Source Gaming...it's time for daily plug :p

Sakurai's "Thoughts on Hitstop" translated by @Masked Man (仮面の男) and Soma! It's very interesting and gives some insight on an aspect of development I never really thought of. Enjoy!

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Well, just avoid the internet and bookmark the Nintendo Direct stream so it kinda feels live. :)

Also:
http://strawpoll.me/5972402

Still have this Strawpoll on predictions for the Nintendo Direct.
Unsurprisingly, amiibo announcements have 24 votes, and Twilight Princess HD is right behind it.
Star Fox Zero and Paper Jam have the most votes of confirmed games.

Of course, now that Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei mentions it I'm definitely expecting something about the new loyalty program.
Man, people are STARVING for some amiibo news. I can't say I blame anyone though, I'd fight tooth and nail for my Olimar amiibo.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
To be fair, it's not exactly hard to be better than nothing. :p

****in got em

Man, people are STARVING for some amiibo news. I can't say I blame anyone though, I'd fight tooth and nail for my Olimar amiibo.
I don't think anyone's starving for amiibo news, that's just what is expected.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Guys, Pikmin 4 plot prediction. Contains spoilers for Pikmin 3
they have to retrieve Louie after leaving him behind
GOD ****ING DAMNIT LOUIE THIS IS THE 2ND TIME

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Guys, Pikmin 4 plot prediction. Contains spoilers for Pikmin 3
they have to retrieve Louie after leaving him behind
You know, at some point they might as well just leave the *******. Because how many times has he screwed up? He started the debt in Pikmin 2, almost killed Olimar and the President in the post game, and then the crap in Pikmin 3.

I mean, you gotta draw the line somewhere.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh yeah. I completely forgot that Pikmin 4 was announced. Hoping to see something for it then.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know, at some point they might as well just leave the *******. Because how many times has he screwed up? He started the debt in Pikmin 2, almost killed Olimar and the President in the post game, and then the crap in Pikmin 3.

I mean, you gotta draw the line somewhere.
It's because he's actually a evil mastermind who has secretly been sabotaging them all along,, but no one suspects a thing so the terror he causes can continue.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm surprised no one brought this up.

In SMT x FE (or whatever it's called), there's apparently a character named "Tiki is my Waifu".

I'm not making this up.

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-...tails-about-side-stories-and-side-characters/
– A high school girl known as “Tiki is my waifu” who creates music with synthesised voice software
– Her love for Tiki transcends gender and all logic
Please tell me this is satire. I want to believe it's satire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom