• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, while we're here...

– Eleanora has been cast for a horror play at school, but she’s terrified of all things creepy and requests Itsuki to help her overcome her fear
– Eleanora and Itsuki both arrange for a date at a cinema to watch a horror movie together
– Eleanora is trying to use horror movies to get over her fear
– That idea doesn’t seem to work, so Eleanora returns to the drawing board
– The pair decide to go hunting for ghoulish-looking monsters in the Idolasphere
– After besting the fiends, Eleanora discovers a new Performa
– Having bravely triumphed her fear, Eleanora rewrites the horror play to become “Horror Hunter”
You know, it may get irritating after hearing it for the hundredth time, but why wasn't this game its own thing? I mean, can someone explain to me what this has to do with FE or Persona (and to a lesser extent SMT)?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can't even be mad in any way honestly.

Tiki is my waifu is going to have the greatest character arc in the entire game and it is going to be amazing.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In all seriousness, I'm sure this character's inclusion is supposed to be ironic, but the thing is, the game has made no indication it's satire up until this point, it seems 100% serious about the idol / waifu stuff.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This sounds like a cliche anime.

Not a good one either.

Shroob

Sup?
I was honestly excited when we saw the first SMTxFE trailer, what with the SMT and FE characters all in their official artwork.

Fast Forward to the Direct that officially showcased the game for the first time and it's all "KAWAII DESU NE!~"

This is why you keep your expectations low for everything, kids.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wonder if Smash DLC is announced in the Direct if it'll be instantly available or if it's just an announcement.

D

Deleted member

Guys, Pikmin 4 plot prediction. Contains spoilers for Pikmin 3
they have to retrieve Louie after leaving him behind
No, seriously, if I have to go get the ****** again I'm not playing the game
Let him rot on that stupid planet
**** Louie stealing all my juice
I HAD JUST GOT A BUNCH OF IT
Hey guys, don't hate.
Tiki is My Waifu is my waifu.
Tiki is My Waifu is My Waifu is my new OC and she's my waifu

D

Deleted member

I was honestly excited when we saw the first SMTxFE trailer, what with the SMT and FE characters all in their official artwork.

Fast Forward to the Direct that officially showcased the game for the first time and it's all "KAWAII DESU NE!~"

Is it weird that whenever someone says "kawaii", I think of "Hawaii"?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
That's bad enough, but it gets worse when you realize that Tiki ooks like she's about 8 years old.

Ivander

Smash Legend
“Tiki is my Waifu”

– A high school girl known as “Tiki is my waifu” who creates music with synthesised voice software
– Her love for Tiki transcends gender and all logic.
I smiled. I feel like this is acknowledging, but also taking a stab at the people who did the whole "<insert character> is my waifu." trend. And let's be honest, the whole "absolute fanboy/fangirl" thing isn't an unknown subject for both fiction and real life.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wonder if Smash DLC is announced in the Direct if it'll be instantly available or if it's just an announcement.
I'm leaning towards just an announcement honestly.
Probably multiple announcements though.

Or maybe both. We might one character to go and then another to be released later.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey! Miyamoto (which I assume is being spelled wrong in the translation) is going to present the Next Nintendo Direct for Japan!
EDIT: Welp, it's most likely not Miyamoto. The person mentioned in there was the person who presented the Japanese Nintendo Direct back in the end of May.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I can see #FE doing well in Japan because... well, it's Japan.

I'm pretty sure it'll flop hard here cuz you're alienating two fanbases while only appealing to the people who like idol stuff and the market for that is... on mobile.

Not to mention the game will be on a dying console, so I don't expect it to do that well even in Japan.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
inb4 this game saves the Wii U because Japan

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, while we're here...

You know, it may get irritating after hearing it for the hundredth time, but why wasn't this game its own thing? I mean, can someone explain to me what this has to do with FE or Persona (and to a lesser extent SMT)?
This game is pretty much its own thing. It just happens to borrow elements from FE and Persona/SMT.

Problem is: they announced it too early.

That teaser didn't include any gameplay: it just reused past FE and SMT artwork and merely announced it as a collaboration between two franchises.

The game was likely in its earlier stages of development and the producers likely didn't have any very concrete idea of what to do with a crossover between both.

But yeah, no one would imagine it would turn out to be this. Honestly, it's not my cup of tea and my hype for it has pretty much died down.

That's bad enough, but it gets worse when you realize that Tiki ooks like she's about 8 years old.
Unless it's Awakening Tiki...

This sounds like a cliche anime.

Not a good one either.
Well, being cliché isn't a bad thing by itself as some stories do play those clichés in unique ways that make them stand out.

Just... this game seems to embody every single anime cliché you can find. I don't know... As Kenith Kenith stated, it could be a satire of the whole waifu/idol stuff prevalent in Japanese pop culture nowadays and/or of the otaku/weeb crowd.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If it is a satire of Japanese pop culture, then I'd like to see that. Because apart from possibly "Tiki is my Waifu" there's not much supporting the claim. It plays it pretty straight.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Can confirm the Japanese says Morimoto. I hope he's less nervous this time!

Is it weird that whenever someone says "kawaii", I think of "Hawaii"?
"kawaii Hawaii" is how I tell foreigners to pronounce it as they often mispronounce "kawaii" for "kowai" (scary).

Kowai hi
Kawaii Hawaii

Chrono.

I know Atlus can do well, it's pretty much the only hope I have for the game lol

(see Persona 4: that game is basically JRPG Scooby-doo and it somehow worked, then there's mainline SMT)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Japanese Direct will be presented by Morimoto? Not too surprising considering he presented the Japan-only Nintendo Direct in May 31st of this year.

Seems the theories that he could be succeeding Iwata in doing Directs were correct after all.

Which makes me think: was he presenting that Direct in Iwata's place because of his illness? Perhaps Iwata knew he wasn't going to live for much longer...

Adding that to the puppet show for the E3 Digital Event, a lot of things make sense in hindsight... The photograph taken on late June did show Iwata in a very deteriorated health state, after all.

It isn't.

This is Tiki from #FE.
She has an obsessive high school fangirl named "Tiki is my Waifu".
That's a little too weird...
It transcends logic, after all. :troll:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The Japanese Direct will be presented by Morimoto? Not too surprising considering he presented the Japan-only Nintendo Direct in May 31st of this year.

Seems the theories that he could be succeeding Iwata in doing Directs were correct after all.

Which makes me think: was he presenting that Direct in Iwata's place because of his illness? Perhaps Iwata knew he wasn't going to live for much longer...

Adding that to the puppet show for the E3 Digital Event, a lot of things make sense in hindsight... The photograph taken on late June did show Iwata in a very deteriorated health state, after all.

It transcends logic, after all. :troll:
I believe Morimoto taking over Iwata's role was the plan. I think it was even officially stated before that direct, and Morimoto took a good part of it over.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm not sure why you guys are taking that so seriously. I would think that a character who they described as "Transcends logic" is a character we aren't suppose to take seriously and we are suppose to laugh at.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm thinking we'll get at least 1 character after the Direct due to how long it's been since Ryu and Roy....but eh, who really knows. I'm aware of the possibility that there may not have been any more characters worked on immediately after Ryu and Roy's release, only a character or a few characters recently (like over the last month, which likely wouldn't be ready for release).

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'm still hype for #FE.At the moment my possibly 5th most hyped game for 2016.Behind uncharted,street fighter,zelda and star fox.It looks fun kinda hope people give it a try depsite its aesthetics

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom