• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
...Can I come out now?

Because while the site was down, something happened that was really exciting for me.

Lilac from Freedom Planet has been Smashified, and it's also making history for being the first Smashified to be commissioned by the creator of the character's game! They were given official model sheets and everything for it! And it's one of the best looking pieces by far!

Non-Commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXmcsDsd_8Y

Also I was visiting the reddit thread about the hack and I am positive I saw Opossum Opossum there. :V
I'm just gonna say this.
It's the first Smashified I'lve been in any amount impressed by since K. Rool.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
...Can I come out now?

Because while the site was down, something happened that was really exciting for me.

Lilac from Freedom Planet has been Smashified, and it's also making history for being the first Smashified to be commissioned by the creator of the character's game! They were given official model sheets and everything for it! And it's one of the best looking pieces by far!

Non-Commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXmcsDsd_8Y

Also I was visiting the reddit thread about the hack and I am positive I saw Opossum Opossum there. :V
While I personally prefer Lilac's original design, this looks absolutely incredible. Great job, Smashified team.

Really need to get around to playing this game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The site still needs some fixing though.

This is what the little page root for this thread looks like. And when I click on Nintenzone there, it takes me to the Character Support group.

Also my Alerts are broken, they don't give any thread links. This actually started right before the hack, though.

I would like to hear more information on what exactly the hack did, though. Don't want to find any of my information to have been stolen or something.

I tried looking up what "stamping" means in relation to hacking and programming but I couldn't find anything. Maybe they just used it as a synonym for "hit".

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Can't think of "Decloning" Dark Pit? Just take a glance to the wide arsenal of weapon types in Awakening not present. Claws, Palms, Blades, Staffs (outside of DP's final smash). You've SEEN me make a case for how he could be decloned.
I remember that time when Dark Pit was in Awakening. Don't you, guys? :4darkpit:

In all seriousness, Dark Pit can easily be decloned by having his staff as his main weapon and having clubs as Smash attacks and claws as the regular attacks or something of the sort

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I remember that time when Dark Pit was in Awakening. Don't you, guys? :4darkpit:

In all seriousness, Dark Pit can easily be decloned by having his staff as his main weapon and having clubs as SAMSH attacks and claws as the regular attacks or something of the sort
I am a little tired.
But my point stands.
In other news.

8 WAYS TO PLAY!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

This is what the little page root for this thread looks like. And when I click on Nintenzone there, it takes me to the Character Support group.

Also my Alerts are broken, they don't give any thread links. This actually started right before the hack, though.

I would like to hear more information on what exactly the hack did, though. Don't want to find any of my information to have been stolen or something.

I tried looking up what "stamping" means in relation to hacking and programming but I couldn't find anything. May they just used it as a synonym for "hit".
Can confirm

Screenshot_2016-02-01-16-41-51.png

The thread . is certainly riveting right now

lMmN84Y.png

Last edited:
Reminder Claws are one of the few moves Dark Pit doesn't actively use without user input.

Club, Blade, Staff, Cannon, Bow, Palm.

Yeah he CAN use claws because he has every ability that Pit does, but Pautena has been seen using claws more than he has (Palutena's Revolting Dinner)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Reminder Claws are one of the few moves Dark Pit doesn't actively use without user input.

Club, Blade, Staff, Cannon, Bow, Palm.

Yeah he CAN use claws because he has every ability that Pit does, but Pautena has been seen using claws more than he has (Palutena's Revolting Dinner)
That means he hasn't "canonically" used orbitars either. (edit: or arms... for some reason I thought there were 8 weapon types and not 9)
We've already crossed that line.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What the **** just happened?
Also, seconding Sonicbrawler, alerts are broken

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Geno's fan requests have only been growing worse and worse since Brawl closed and Lloyd was never a powerhouse on that.
Tingle's DEBATABLE, not "unworthy."
I stand by my point against Viridi.
Gen 5 got a stage and a fair amount of Pokeball summons (Kyurem, Genosect, Meloetta, Snivy, Victini, Zoroark, etc...)
Fiora has no ties to Xenoblade X don't you lie. Being used in a crossover isn't much either when the point is she isn't being touched again. It's the same as suggesting Dark Samus.
I don't feel "weird" about the bunny. I feel that adding a character for the sake of BEING a WTF character is a bad basis.

Can't think of "Decloning" Dark Pit? Just take a glance to the wide arsenal of weapon types in Awakening not present. Claws, Palms, Blades, Staffs (outside of DP's final smash). You've SEEN me make a case for how he could be decloned.

Edit: Last I'm gonna talk on this. NEW TOPICS!
Fiora does have some ties to X, her voice appears under the classic option.

And I was talking about semi-cloning Dark Pit, not fully uncloning him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fiora does have some ties to X, her voice appears under the classic option.

And I was talking about semi-cloning Dark Pit, not fully uncloning him.
Same could be said for Shantae in XCX then if VA means anything lol
Basically for accessing the safe for money drops and to log on for money orders.

The password to clock in, however, is something else.
I was joki-
Tell me even more~

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I tried looking up what "stamping" means in relation to hacking and programming but I couldn't find anything. Maybe they just used it as a synonym for "hit".
I'll tell the admins about this. The alerts issue is actually a result of the thread category issue you mentioned. When the thread's listed in a private group you're not a part of, it comes up looking like that. The problem will be fixed once the thread's removed from that section. :p

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I was joki-

Tell me even more~
No...

It's an obvious homage to the first game as it's under, "Classic".

Shantae's voice isn't under something called "Indie" now is it?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The only issue I'm having with the site, thus far, is that some pages, when previewed from certain parts of the site, aren't updating properly yet.

For example, when I'm the main page of the Forum section, it tells me the last reply any thread in the Nintenzone received was a reply to this thread at 10:49 AM this morning, and when I click on it from there it takes me to that reply. It updates properly when I'm actually browsing the Nintenzone sub-section, though.

Burruni

Smash Hero
No...

It's an obvious homage to the first game as it's under, "Classic".

Shantae's voice isn't under something called "Indie" now is it?
This 'callback" is something only in the English voices.
And, personally, I wouldn't chalk it up to more than reusing a voice actress that's tied to the series because of a professional relationship.
Like Yuri Lowethall being the protagonist & Ryoji in Persona 3 and then Yosuke in Persona 4.
Or The Simpsons throwing a new character to be voiced by that one dude who does like 14 voices.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the fact they called it classic does link it but it's not a strong one. Besides, for all I know it's just a translation thing. Did they bring back Shulkand Fiora's Japanese VAs too?

Strofirko

Smash Master
Searching past the tweets said group haacked a nigerian elections site:

xD Capital Formality :D

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
However, her VA is in the game, and Fiora has nothing but her VA
Shulk's voice voices the male equivalent. It's more then just a coincidence.
Well the fact they called it classic does link it but it's not a strong one. Besides, for all I know it's just a translation thing. Did they bring back Shulkand Fiora's Japanese VAs too?
Not sure actually, I think clarification would be good actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom