• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
*Fiora, Adeliene, Anna*
10/10
Ew...Tiny has lipstick...It just looks wrong when drawn like that too
I don't like Tiny's redesign in the slightest, lipstick or not. Because that's the thing, she just isn't Tiny anymore. She's Teeny.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait, isn't :4wario2:like Bonk in a way, you know because of his Up-Smash?
Once upon a tuesday :4ryu: was a :4luigi: clone
Because the both shoot the fires, have a jumpy punch and spin a lot
C L :4drmario: N E S
Once upon a Saturday Bonk was a :4wario2: clone
Because they hit the stuffs, have a noggin whack and run a lot
A P P R :4drmario: V E D
Then the prophecy will be completed,
upload_2016-1-29_17-28-23.png

You done did good Bourgy Man
You done did good
Turbo Tastic!
Turbo TAStic?
:4drmario: K I E D :4drmario: K I E

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
*And Captain Syrup

The lack of Ashley concerns me.
But who is that fae above Roll's head
And who is the dual pistol madam above Impa?
That red-head above Impa is Meryl from MGS.

However the girl above Roll is so obscure that I don't know her. (And that's an accomplishment)

The lack of Ashely is also a concern.

Edit: That girl's from Mario & Wario actually.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The lack of Ashley concerns me.
But who is that fae above Roll's head
And who is the dual pistol madam above Impa?
The fairy is Wanda from Mario & Wario.

That redhead is Metal Gear's Meryl.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Er, apparently I got tagged in a thread I've never read... Hello there everybody. :)

Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin Why don't you come on here and share the full story of the Scrappy situation? You are probably one of the biggest and oldest Scooby fans around here.
Hah, I don't know, am I? I've really only discussed the series with yourself! :laugh: But yeah, I am a lifelong fan.

Anyway, it's best if I just link to the requested facts straight from one of the people responsible for Scrappy-Doo, isn't it? :p

This rather lengthy piece was penned by Mark Evanier, a quite famous cartoon writer (he also assisted with the development of the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon series) who was one of the people tasked with bringing Joe Barbera's idea for the Scooby-Doo & Scrappy-Doo series to life. It's full of the facts of the matter, as well as some anecdotes about his colleagues (including what Joe Barbera bluntly thought of censorship groups :laugh:), and interesting insights into the situation with TV animation production in the late 1970s.

And the really funny thing about the Scrappy hate is that he DID save the show from cancellation. It was only until he got really annoying that they decided to remove him from the Scooby Show.
That's not actually why he was removed. ;) The entire franchise was put on a hiatus due to the formula having gotten too stale for the networks to deem worthy of renewal (i.e., the entire reason Scrappy saved the show and kept it on-air for about an extra decade). He actually continued appearing in made-for-TV movies (at least three or four that I can readily think of) and other forms of media for years afterwards.

What actually happened was that the rise of the early internet and the accompanying echo-chamber effects occurred during the hiatus, and it would seem that Warner Bros. decided that it would be a good idea to follow this for their business plan, as that's precisely what they ultimately did, circa 1997. Every Scooby production since the revival with the Johnny Bravo crossover "Bravo-Dooby-Doo" has followed echo-chambering and memes that date back to the internet of that time.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Where in the hell is Dixie? Or Daisy? Or Rosalina? Hell, not even Peach or Zelda?

:094:
For Peach/Zelda/Rosalina, the artist probably wanted to focus on characters that didn't get in except Wendy and the female Villager (both of which are alts, so I guess they didn't count?)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
SEGA doesn't have a wide verity of female characters at their disposal do they?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well this is a weirder way to get yourself a C and D...
Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a Pokehuman (humon?) fighting game. Well that was disappointing.
Though the game does reminds me of that one manga of Pokemon where the humans become said Pokemon. I think it was called Pokemon Reburst.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Cereza, Elise, Ulala, MAAAAAYBE Nights, etc.
Pretty sure NiGHTs is androgynous.

For Peach/Zelda/Rosalina, the artist probably wanted to focus on characters that didn't get in except Wendy and the female Villager (both of which are alts, so I guess they didn't count?)
Still, no Ashley, Midna, and Dixie Kong is really bizarre if you're depicting Nintendo's heroines.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just call her Cereza if you're in need of an actual name.
That's actually a really big spoiler...

I like to call Bayonetta Bonnie as a nickname, anyone else like that?

:4bayonetta:Bonnie
I'm partial to Bayo or Bae. :troll: How'd they even come up with her name to begin with? I guess I could say the same for other characters like WTF is a Shulk and nearly 20 years later and I still say that Cloud is one of the dumbest video game character names ever.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a Pokehuman (humon?) fighting game. Well that was disappointing.
Though the game does reminds me of that one manga of Pokemon where the humans become said Pokemon. I think it was called Pokemon Reburst.
Yeah, there seems to only be type wild as a fighting fan game.
There are a few games with the pokehuman concept though. They are either rom hacks, or something like this.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You guys forgot the two best Sega girls.

You made Fina upset so I'm salty as hell

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also.
Best Sega Girls
HOW ABOUT THE WALKING GODDESS OF WAR?!

Edit:
That's actually a really big spoiler...

I'm partial to Bayo or Bae. :troll: How'd they even come up with her name to begin with? I guess I could say the same for other characters like WTF is a Shulk and nearly 20 years later and I still say that Cloud is one of the dumbest video game character names ever.
For a game that's 6 years old now.
Would we be calling the same thing if I poked at Birth By Sleep's ending if Sora got in the game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom