• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Tocantins - The Brazilian Highlands

Who do you want to win this season?

• Benjamin “Coach” Wade

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Brendan Synnott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Candace Smith

• Carolina Eastwood

• Debra “Debbie” Beebe

• Erinn Lobdell

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • James “JT” Thomas Jr.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Jerry Sims

• Joe Dowdle

• Sandy Burgin

• Sierra Reed

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Spencer Duhm

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Stephen Fishbach

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Sydney Wheeler

• Taj Johnson-George

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Tyson Apostol

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The power alliance must survive to the merge with two idols!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I foresee...one of the idols getting used in the next episode (whenever that happens). Brendan and Sierra need to Erinn's help if they're the targets in Timbira. I think she'd go along with it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
This is why Timbira needs to keep winning! Jalapao does not yet suspect the cross-tribal power alliance. Taj and Stephen can manipulate the tribe into knocking off other players until the merge! Once at the merge, the four will either be invincible or be painfully betrayed. :p

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Is it just me or did we not get a new episode last week and this week we got a recap? We aren't even that far into the game and we are already getting a recap.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
They did it for March Madness. We'll get a new episode this week. Though the recap did feature all new scenes, and the one where Taj was looking around in the water like "wtf?!" was hilarious.

Amide

Smash Lord
Lol.. was anyone besides me loser enough to watch "I get that a lot" yesterday. Lol Jeff Probst sure had fun being a cashier dude.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Good show last night. Who'd have thought that we'd lose a player
due to medical reasons?

I'm glad it bought the
exile alliance
more time. :D I was sad that they were being plotted against.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm glad it bought the
exile alliance
more time. :D I was sad that they were being plotted against.
It would've been nice if Taj/Stephen and Sierra/Brendan actually...talked to each other. I mean, I know they're trying to keep it on the down-low, but not even one little whisper to each other?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yeah, that was bugging me a whole lot. Luckily, the "Next time on Survivor" seemed promising for the four of 'em. :p

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
So this is kinda related. I saw Frosti today from Survivor: China, and it turns out that Spencer is dating Todd from China.

Who woulda thought =o

Oh, and on topic, I can't wait to see the secret alliance go into action >:D

Amide

Smash Lord
Do you people think that Tyson was mad that his immunity necklace meant nothing?

I don't, because he had no danger of going home. I'm just wondering why he tried so hard in that challenge.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Do you people think that Tyson was mad that his immunity necklace meant nothing?

I don't, because he had no danger of going home. I'm just wondering why he tried so hard in that challenge.
Winning individual immunity is a pretty big thing. It definitely would never hurt to go for it. Tyson's a funny guy too (Sierra's only purpose is to give hope to stupid people, lol!).

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Brendan and Taj played awful. Thus the secret alliance will be no more. Sierra's only hope is to try to convince JT that coach and Tyson are threats to him. If JT is smart he will use his power to pick off his threats 1 by 1. Tyson is playing a pretty good game. I don't think anyone suspects him as the mastermind.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Individual immunity is the most important part of the game. There are emotions that we, the viewers, cannot understand. Immunity means you are safe from backstabbing, blindsides, etc. You know that you will survive through the next vote 100%. I don't care what alliance or power play is in effect; I would work my tail off to win immunity as often as possible.

I feel bad that Joe went home due to medical intervention. That must be the worst way to exit the game. Also, I was hoping he would play his fake idol. :p

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
When Brendan was voted off, my jaw dropped. That's not what I was expecting at all (and I think they were trying to mislead us with the editing :p). I was expecting an EPIC Coach blindside.

However, Brendan did start to get all Sugar on us (from last season). He seemed to make getting someone else to win that he felt deserved it (JT) his priority. He's already a millionaire (I believe), so he had good intentions, but no doubt JT/Stephen found it suspicious, and I think that's what got him voted out (though I didn't think about that til after it happened).

I'm hoping for a Stephen/JT/Taj final three. They just need to let Sierra go (she probably doesn't trust them anymore), then get Erinn on their side (she would do that) and then pick off the rest of Timbira one by one.

And I have no idea if Coach is just trying to be funny...or he's just nuts.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
With Brendan being the first jury member, I think it would be, more likely, final two instead of final three. Because i don't think 6 jury members is enough for the final three.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I lost respect for Coach. He told one too many dumb stories.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I lost respect for Coach. He told one too many dumb stories.
You had respect for coach before?

How does he get off thinking that he has to get rid of the weak players and make it so the strong win then votes of Brandon and constantly wants to see Sierra go home? Sierra proved she was strong for her size but he just doesn't see that at all. He gets an idea stuck in his head and just doesn't go away. The whole dragon slayer thing annoyed me. Editing really ate that one up.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
Individual immunity is the most important part of the game. There are emotions that we, the viewers, cannot understand. Immunity means you are safe from backstabbing, blindsides, etc. You know that you will survive through the next vote 100%. I don't care what alliance or power play is in effect; I would work my tail off to win immunity as often as possible.

I feel bad that Joe went home due to medical intervention. That must be the worst way to exit the game. Also, I was hoping he would play his fake idol. :p
Even if you can't be blindsided with the immunity necklace, you can still be blindsided by seeing your own allies being voted out by being betrayed by being another ally (In this case, Debbie, who was immuned, was blindsided by seeing Tyson voted out by the Jalapao alliance, Erinn, and Sierra.)

Amide

Smash Lord
I'm really mad Tyson left. He was the only jerk that I've ever actually liked on this show.

:-(

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Tyson was interesting to watch. He played a really good game. Just Stephen and Erinn played a better one.

Why so much hate for Sierra? What did she even do? You would think exposing two fakes and potential threats would be enough to save yourself but I guess not. Sierra got mistreated so much. They think of her as dumb when she was the smartest one. She told them exactly what was going on everyone just gets mad.

Debbie is senile and Coach is annoying. I am sure they are next to go. It seems like this season is going to get boring from here on out.

Though it would be interesting to see how Erinn plays to try to make it to the finals.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Holy crap, just noticed there was a Tocantins thread. Well, Debbie kind of overplayed things a lot to JT and Stephen. Like...can she really expect them to believe she'd be fine with giving up immunity so that she could be third place? I mean, it's not like she's Ian from Palau here. I find it incredibly hilarious that Timbira went into the merge essentially up 6-3, and now they're down 3-2, it's just...wow. I'm hoping Erinn goes next, as I can't stand her, and I'm pretty sure Taj won't win so well, out of JT/Stephen/Coach, I could accept either winning (though my money's on Stephen).

Also, did anybody else notice Sierra and Brendan mocking Coach by doing the "coat over the shoulder" thing as he walked by them to vote? :laugh:

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Guys, JT won. I kinda wished Stephen would've, but what can you do?

Also, Survivor 19 confirmed! They're going to Samoa!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Stephen absolutely botched the jury session. He started thinking too much and using big words.

I really liked Brendan's question/statement: in no game is the winner selected as someone who "grew the most" or "suffered the greatest resistance"; the winner is determined strictly by whoever performs. Why should Survivor be any different? Granted, the jury can select whatever criteria it prefers (even going as far as asking the remaining players to pick a number between 1 and 100).

greenblob

Smash Lord
JT is a great, but predictable, winner. Although like most of you, I was rooting for Stephen, when I heard that JT's FTC performance was all an act, I knew he deserved to win.

Top Bottom