• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
just thinking more, i still can't believe ken and company voted out gc before either ace or sugar. seriously.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
There's always so much drama in Fang; Kota barely gets any screen time. We don't really get to know the members of that tribe very well.

I feel bad for Crystal and Ken; Crystal's very competitive (although not that useful...) and Ken's a smart guy, but they're stuck on Sucky McSuck tribe and they're about to get wiped out soon unless something big happens.

EDIT: That's why Ace was so happy the whole time, Steeler36.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Tier list

Players, the players are the ones that lead alliances and are looking towards the merge and winning the money. They are the best in the game because they have the capacity and means to win. It doesn't mean they will win just that they are most likely.

Ace- is looking out for himself and he is doing well. He has been a threat from very early and yet he has lasted this long. He continues to grow in power. He is a strong player physically and a strategical one also.
Marcus- Has a strong alliance and is in a very comfortable position
Ken- Losing members of his alliance and doesn't have much going for him as appeal to be kept around. His days look to be numbered, but if anyone could pull of a miracle and save his chances of winning it is ken.
Dan- He has no pawns and he is distrusted by the tribe he is in. He wants to win and has played well so far. It is just the odds are stacked against him.

Pawns- They are the alliance pieces. They latch onto a player and then hope to continue to pull through. They generally can't win unless they become a player themselves.

Top Tier
Charlie - he is in a strong alliance and he has enough going for him to not be voted out. He could win if he overthrows the player that he follows.

High tier
Corinne and Jessica
Bob - he may not be in a alliance yet but his swing vote is invaluable. Also he provides a lot for the camp.

Mid tier
Sugar - She has the idol and is in a growing alliance. The only downside is that she is a huge target
Matty- Most likely will join the growing alliance. He will be a Benedict Arnold. Also he has no ability to plan ahead
Randy- He has been doing well in the last Immunity challenges. Also he has been keeping himself out of trouble. He went from a low tier jerk who did little for the team to being a mid tier. He may make player but to me he seems to be a pawn waiting to happen.

Low tier
Crystal- She is declining tribe be she is one of the strongest females. She is starting to get on people's nerves though.
Susie- she is one of the weakest remaining players. Also there is distrust and she hasn't connected with her new tribe.

Bottom tier
Kelly- If fang loses again she will most likely be the next to go.

Voted out tier
Jacquie- she had potential to go all the way but go the bad end of things because she was a threat.
Michelle- One of the worst decisions ever. The game would be way different if she was still in play.
GC- He was a quitter the whole time. His only worth was the alliance.
Paloma- Useless player didn't really have what it took.
Gillian- Annoying and the weakest player in the game.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
if ken doesn't come on smashboards to give a behind the scenes recap of what happened on survivor, i'm going to be ****ING PISSED

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
they do. they are just peeing their pants during tribal council, the camera doesn't really go down there

wangston

Smash Lord
I think people are going to use quotes from Ken to taunt him in smash. "It's not like what happens in Africa stays in Africa."

What?

Smash Apprentice
heheh

I just found out about this.

M2K is the King of Smash, by the by.

Still, it's fun to see the community branching out.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Erm, what happens if there is a tie in votes at tribal council and what happens if everyone votes for 1 person and that one person uses the idol?
I suppose, if everybody votes for one person which in this case it would be Sugar since she hold the exile island idol, then I guess if she uses it up it would be up to her who would go away thus that person gets instantly sent home, I may be wrong about this though.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Ken and Co. could definitely trick Matty, like having an alliance talk with him, saying they will vote out Ace, Matty goes and squeals to Sugar and Ace, Sugar gives Ace the Idol, they vote for Sugar, and either Kelly or Sugar gets booted, and Ace would probably use the idol.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I'm not even sure he'll make it to the jury.

The opportuity to flush out the idol and gain control of the tribe was in Ken's reach, but he decided to let morals dictate his performance. That means...
Oh no, Ken did not play to win, he's a Survivor scrub!!!1!!!!!!ONE!! (Sirlin does not approve)
(can anyone relate/slightly agree?)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
OMG, did you just call Ken a scrub? :mad:
nah, just kidding, I can relate. ^_^

in all seriousness, can you explain how KEN had control over the idol? I know he had control over choosing Bob though.

@UzakiuzuG: it airs on Thursday's on CBS at 8:00/7:00 Central & Pacific times.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
no im awesome
There are three kinds of awesome: Respectable awesome, funny awesome, and epic awesome. I think you know which one of us is which (seing as we're both awesome).

In all seriousness, can you explain how KEN had control over the idol?
Not direct control, but he could have flushed the idol out.

He, Crystal, Kelly, and Matty were aware of the individual immunity idol. Such an item is crucial to the game. All of them could easily decide which member of the tribe to go home. At that moment, GC was willing to give up and seemed very clearly who was going to go. This situation was the perfect moment to blindside their weakest link to their tribe (as far as contribution), Sugar, and eliminate the use of the idol. They would have elimated the danger of the idol, ensured his place at the merge, weaken Ace's control of the tribe, keep his alliance in tact, and ensure that he survives another day, seing as GC would be the obvious man to go if they lose another challenge.

He let morals and mental weakness overcome his best possible way to personally win the game, similar to that of a scrub. Hence, Ken is a Survivor scrub. (as weird as that sounds...)
OMFG, where is choknater? (he/she must see this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom