• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I dislike Sugar even more than I did now. Her "Good vs Bad" judgement kinda tugs at me. At least Corrine was more blunt about her feelings.

In any case, I'm not seeing how Ken is winning this. It just doesn't seem possible now. Of course, it's always possible, so I'll keep my faith in him.

But, I'm seriously hoping Bob will win.

Sariku

Smash Master
Generaly, I hate posting in the Brawl discussion, but I feeling sometimes it may be worth it, like such.

I feel for Ken- he has little options left. The only logical one I thik he has is this: He really has to talk Sugar/Bob/Matty into somehow teaming with him, with Susie the swing vote between the two groups. This will be hard, I think, but everyone also knows that Bob will win this if he goes into the finals, which means they may try to take him out one last time.

Well, the other option Kenny has is to win individual immunity... It would be funny if it was Melee. Or Brawl, but in Brawl Ken doesn't have the advantage.

>>;

kr3wman

Smash Master
I doubt that, even in Brawl, Matty/Bob/Sugar/Susie would be better than Ken in smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, Ken's best options would be to try and work some kind of deal with the remaining castaways. Although apparantly, they don't care if Bob wins, as long as a "good guy" wins in the end.

And Ken would win a Smash challenge no matter what.

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
he doesnt need a deal (and he surely wont get one)

what he needs is to convince them to vote off bob because hes a threat, and then convince them that matty is then the bigger threat.

Although the way I see it, looks like bob will be voted out but ken too, and matty sugar suzie will be final 3 and matty probably win (although sugar got way more air time... I cant believe she could win though? that would be sickweird...)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
But with Sugar and Matty so pissed at Kenny cause he's "evil", and Susie being a simple drone of Matty, there is no way he can convince them that easily.

It's going to take something BIG to keep him in.

Which is why I don't think Bob will make it to the end; it's too expected. Plus, what would the "shocking" part of the F4 Tribal Council be with a F4 of Bob, Matty, Susie, and Sugar? Either Bob or Matty would just win immunity and the one who didn't would leave. Something more surprising and unexpected will happen. Which is why I think Kenny will be around till F4 at least.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hell, even the motivations you posted for voting Bob suck *** as motivations for him winning the game.... because he has barely been playing the game (apart from challenges)
If Bob wins he will have won fair and square though, no johns.
Why? Why can't you not win for those motivations? Since when is it a requirement to "play the game" to win? Besides, Bob's played the game. In his own way.

He was that lovable uncle who didn't really pose much of a threat to anything 'til the end there when he started winning challenges and started trying to mindgame people with fake idols and stuff. He hasn't been playing the game as much as Ken has.

But since when is it a requirement to "play the game" in order to have a legit chance at winning? And just because the jury doesn't like Ken does mean they are ********/dislike him for ******** reasons.

Incredibly silly argument.
Since these are essentially unqualifiable terms, I'm going to try and end this by saying "I found Sugar's dishonest actions to be a bit sleazy."
That's your opinion. My opinion is that it's not sleazy.

And contrary to what you claimed, it's not an argument of semantics.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Oh I am going to laugh so hard at you all after Sunday's final. It's so obvious that ken won this season of Survivor.
I am surprised there are people like Sugar. I need to get out more. What a stupid b*tch. All of sudden, she is the "good" one. I guess she was a real sweetheart and class act when she decided to embarrass Randy on the national TV. If she became a pussycat doll after the show I am flying to Vegas the very next morning.

Oh have you guys notice this?
Sugar
Susie
Bob
Matty
Ken, the king of smash > SSBM, and that's a well known fact.

Overload

Smash Lord
Oh I am going to laugh so hard at you all after Sunday's final. It's so obvious that ken won this season of Survivor.
I am surprised there are people like Sugar. I need to get out more. What a stupid b*tch. All of sudden, she is the "good" one. I guess she was a real sweetheart and class act when she decided to embarrass Randy on the national TV. If she became a pussycat doll after the show I am flying to Vegas the very next morning.

Sugar
Susie
Bob
Matty
Wow, crazy. First we have a guy named GameCube and now this. It's a sign, Ken's gonna win.
/falsehope

kr3wman

Smash Master

Sugar
Susie
Bob
Matty
Is it luck?

Is it destiny?

Is the Hokuto shichisei?

Who knows?

Who cares?

Ken is going to win.

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
oh snap maybe the shocking twist is that everyone is going to vote ken, and then bob wins immunity and true to his word gives him the necklace...

and then no one knows who the hell to vote for so seeing bob is the biggest jury threat they vote him off

how sick would that be? that would be like anti-dreamz from fiji

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Marcus actually had a slight friendship with Crystal, and Charlie wanted to talk to her.
They were both under peer pressure by some old dude and a snotty "graduate."
^That's childish if I never heard of it.

lol Matty and Sugar are real hypocrites.
"THE GOOD GUYS SHOULD WIN!"
*SHATTERS CRYSTAL*

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
oh snap maybe the shocking twist is that everyone is going to vote ken, and then bob wins immunity and true to his word gives him the necklace...

and then no one knows who the hell to vote for so seeing bob is the biggest jury threat they vote him off

this

i'm almost sure this is going to happen...AS LONG AS ken really "aligns" himself with bob...i'm guessing that ken will talk to bob and understand that bob still has the deal open, he just didn't think ken was leaving that night (which is correct)

bob and ken might form a makeshift "alliance" here, and it could save ken for just a round, at least.

imo

bob wins immunity, surprisingly protects ken and keeps his word. videos have shown that bob is truly sorry for how things worked out, and he will own up to his promise because he is a "good guy". matty is eliminated.

stuff

bob wins immunity again, ken is eliminated.

f3, bob wins.

that's my finale prediction right there yo.

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice

I honestly think Ken has a good shot at winning the F5 Immunity Challenge if only because that challenge requires speed and brains. Ken has already shown he's just as fast or faster than Matty, and he's just as good or better at puzzles than Bob. Already made a post on this, but if he wins F5 immunity that could fit with the episode description of "A shocking turn of events (Ken winning Immunity?) causes the castaways to scramble for new strategies in the moments before Tribal Council." I could see Matty getting voted out.

And the F4 Challenge would be an endurance challenge which Ken or Bob would most likely win. If Bob wins, he most likely WOULD give the immunity necklace to Ken since he's been talking about how he wants to keep his word no matter what. If Bob gave Ken the immunity necklace, it could end up in a tie with Ken and Susie voting for Bob and Sugar and Bob voting for Susie. If Susie won the tie-breaker challenge, that would also fit the description of "The fate of the final four rests in the hands of one castaway (Bob?) who reveals an outrageous decision (giving immunity to Ken?) at the most surprising Tribal Council yet (Surprising due to tie + Susie winning, meaning that Bob won immunity and still gets voted out?). "

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
Marcus actually had a slight friendship with Crystal, and Charlie wanted to talk to her.
They were both under peer pressure by some old dude and a snotty "graduate."
^That's childish if I never heard of it.

lol Matty and Sugar are real hypocrites.
"THE GOOD GUYS SHOULD WIN!"
*SHATTERS CRYSTAL*
you do realize crystal lied and manipulated marcus into thinking they were now big allies only to blindside him right off the bat?

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
And sorry to everyone that voted, but if theres one thing im sure on Earth, is that bob is going to win the 100 000$ fans vote.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
this

i'm almost sure this is going to happen...AS LONG AS ken really "aligns" himself with bob...i'm guessing that ken will talk to bob and understand that bob still has the deal open, he just didn't think ken was leaving that night (which is correct)

bob and ken might form a makeshift "alliance" here, and it could save ken for just a round, at least.

imo

bob wins immunity, surprisingly protects ken and keeps his word. videos have shown that bob is truly sorry for how things worked out, and he will own up to his promise because he is a "good guy". matty is eliminated.

stuff

Ken wins immunity bc final challenge is smash, bob is eliminated

f3, Ken WINS.

that's my finale prediction right there yo.
Fix'd for luls

At Kirby:

OH WHOOPS!
Wasn't thinking straight. I might get a new MP3 so yeah...

Marcus is too childish to forgive Crystal.
Charlie was too concerned about his friends to talk to Crystal.
The jury are biased idiots...

Vayseth

Smash Master
And sorry to everyone that voted, but if theres one thing im sure on Earth, is that bob is going to win the 100 000$ fans vote.
Only if they vote. We can vote for Ken. We have thousands of people watching the show and who actually would vote for him. How many people who watch are really going to vote?

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
^Someone tell me what was in that thing before I click on it.

Subject changed.

Soo.
Do you think the Survivors like pie?

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
Only if they vote. We can vote for Ken. We have thousands of people watching the show and who actually would vote for him. How many people who watch are really going to vote?
i dont have the numbers, but im willing to say that the winner probably gets in the hundreds of thousands of votes.

And i dont think he can get over 100 votes from this forum.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Ken could try to build an alliance again. He could get Susie to stick with him if Ken has the numbers. Susie's main and only agenda is making the final three, so if Ken can get her to the final three, then she's on board. Besides, to my knowledge, Susie and Ken get along pretty well.

Sugar's a lost cause, but he could get Matty to flip; if Matty sticks to his guns and gets rid of Ken next, then Susie would probably go next since she would be an outsider and pose no threat in challenges. This would leave Bob, Matty, and Sugar. Matty would HAVE to win the final three challenge and pick Sugar to have any chance at the million dollars, and beating Bob in a challenge isn't exactly the easiest thing to do >.>
Ken should enlighten Matty with the reality of his new situation and say that Matty would have a much easier time surviving until and winning a final three challenge if Matty flipped with Ken and Susie. They could then gun for Bob, and Sugar would follow.
If either Susie or Ken won the final three challenge in this scenario, then Ken would, quite possibly, have a ticket into the final two.

Ken may have lost an important ally, but he's definitely not down for the count.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Well, even if Ken doesn't win survivor, I think we all know hes going to win the survivor of thbe season award because he has the whole smash community behind him =-).

Edit: Whoa, this tthread has well over 200,000 views. Imagine if maybe a quarter of them voted for Ken? free win for kenny =).

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Oh... my... heavens...

I want Marcus to be hit by a bus. Randy and Corinne are trolls in life; their treatment of Crystal at Ponderosa is completely understandable. However, Marcus gave in too and held a grudge? He is treating another human being like dirt over a GAME??? Charlie said it perfectly in expressing that he felt like a 2-year-old in holding this grudge.

Also, Corinne is the queen of scrubs. She talks about how much she suffered having to deal with "unintelligent people". Sorry, Corinne, but part of winning Survivor and "having skill" includes dealing with "unintelligent people".

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Matty annoys me. He's supposed to be a nice guy yet when he actually he's actually at risk he freaks out. He talked about how angry he was about Kenny and Crystal the whole episode.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Matty annoys me. He's supposed to be a nice guy yet when he actually he's actually at risk he freaks out. He talked about how angry he was about Kenny and Crystal the whole game.
yeah. he seemed kinda hypocritical because he at least ACTED like he was an ally of ken throughout the whole game. also, if he was really "gunning for them the whole game", i could think of PLENTY of tribals where he could have acted. but no, he had to wait until it was his turn to go next then act like a complete ***** lol.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
So this whole good guy bad guy thing doesn't really exist. Sugar and Matty are being just as annoying, lying, manipulative, and backstabbing as Ken and the others have. I hate how we have so many players who think they are better than everyone else. It is so wrong. After Crystal left, I have a whole lot more respect for her. She actually admitted she got outplayed. I think she is the first this season to not be a scrub. The onion alliance is so immature.

So what happened this episode? Ken played bad, yes, but it wouldn't have mattered had sugar not flipped? Why did she flip? Just because Crystal was right? Is it me or does her play make no sense at all? I hope she likes third place.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ken has already shown he's just as fast or faster than Matty, and he's just as good or better at puzzles than Bob.
Ken's got the speed but not the stamina. If it's a long course, he'll lag behind.

Bob is superior to Ken at puzzles. Ken beat Bob that one time, but for the last few puzzles now, Bob's dominated Ken.

A shocking turn of events (Ken winning Immunity?) causes the castaways to scramble for new strategies in the moments before Tribal Council." I could see Matty getting voted out.
I don't think it has anything to do with someone winning immunity. I think it's some new rule Jeff introduces just to be a jerk.

If Bob wins, he most likely WOULD give the immunity necklace to Ken since he's been talking about how he wants to keep his word no matter what.
Or he could not be an idiot. If he's smart, he'll know Sugar spoke the truth about Ken's plans nix that deal. Besides, the deal was originally:
* I'll give you immunity if I win.
Ken then went:
* Not necessarily tonight, maybe next week.
Then it was "renegotiated" into:
* I'll give it to you if it looks like you'll get voted out tonight.

Bob deemed that Ken wasn't going to get voted out. Their deal is done and over with.

If Bob gave Ken the immunity necklace, it could end up in a tie with Ken and Susie voting for Bob and Sugar and Bob voting for Susie. If Susie won the tie-breaker challenge, that would also fit the description of "The fate of the final four rests in the hands of one castaway (Bob?) who reveals an outrageous decision (giving immunity to Ken?) at the most surprising Tribal Council yet (Surprising due to tie + Susie winning, meaning that Bob won immunity and still gets voted out?). "
No, I don't see that as what it means. That's not at all the fate of the final four, that's just Bob's fate vs. Suzie's fate, really. Ken and Sugar would not be risking anything, thus, their fate would not be in peril.

you do realize crystal lied and manipulated marcus into thinking they were now big allies only to blindside him right off the bat?
Ah but you see, Crystal is Ken's friend and Ken's friends can't possibly do wrong! The hypocrisy in this thread is stifling sometimes.

"What an *******! How dare they do this?!"
"Umm... Ken did it. Several times."
*silence*

(or, in this case, Crystal did it)

Crystal wasn't even good at the game. She was weak in challenges, didn't do much around camp and all she did by the end there was listen to Ken and go with his plans unquestioningly.

Probably. SWF can spam votes for Ken as much as they want to, but SWF has, what, a few hundred people voting for Ken? Pit that against the millions of viewers outside of SWF.

The jury are biased idiots...
Gee. And here I thought Survivor juries always were 100% objective and gave people a clean slate once it was time for the finale instead of judging people by what they've done up 'til then!

also, if he was really "gunning for them the whole game", i could think of PLENTY of tribals where he could have acted. but no, he had to wait until it was his turn to go next then act like a complete ***** lol.
I think it's just a lie he spun at Sugar.

So this whole good guy bad guy thing doesn't really exist. Sugar and Matty are being just as annoying, lying, manipulative, and backstabbing as Ken and the others have.
Get off it. Matty backstabbing people? Who did he backstab? Crystal? Hey, Crystal and Ken voted for him. Their alliance was gone.

Bob Is the Tree.

Matty is Adam.

Ken is the Snake.

Sugar is the Apple.

Susie is the dead leaf next to them.
Good answer! Good answer!

demonguitar

Smash Rookie
I can see Ken getting Susie and convincing Matty to join him for the finale three alliance. Matty has made several remarks even to Bob's face that he doesn't want Bob in the final three. Matty is not as stupid as Sugar but the question is would Matty take Sugar to the final three, or Ken? Who would not take votes from him is tough to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom