• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
To me it all comes down to immunity challenges. Bob and Matty are the biggest targets in the game right now, and in a Susie/Sugar/Ken final I think Ken will win with the judges.

Also, Ken's been doing really well on the popularity polls....

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Who would vote for Ken in the finals though? Even if he does make it? They all seem to hate him D=

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Ken's best bet is Ken/Susie/Sugar. Maybe he could convince the two that there's no chance for them if Bob or Matty make it to the Final 3, unless Sugar is really determined to make sure "the good guys" win.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Realistically, Susie is guaranteed to make it to final 3. It's really a race between Bob/Matty/Ken imo.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Bob and Matty should not see Ken as a threat anymore. He has no "real" alliances left. Ken should convince Bob to vote for Matty since he's a major threat. He can also get Susie on his side. Once Matty is out, the others know that if Bob makes it to the F3, he will win. For this reason he will need to get blindsided.

Edit: 7/11 post # ftw

mattrad

Smash Cadet
dont forget to vote... our ken really really can win this if we all make at least one account on cbs and use all 10 of them on him.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
wow... after watching this episode, I think that a spoiler that I heard a long time ago in this thread is actually gonna be true

Someone said a website called survivor phoenix (or something like that) always had the results of all the survivor seasons and said that Ken got 4th... After seeing Crystal out, it's kind of obvious that Ken's gonna be voted out soon.

But hey, this wouldn't be the first time that Ken pulled himself out from a bad situation... but this time he doesn't have that many ppl to turn to.... looks bad... =(

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Dude Ken has no one now. wtf
Thats lame. =(

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Although the way I see it, looks like bob will be voted out but ken too, and matty sugar suzie will be final 3 and matty probably win (although sugar got way more air time... I cant believe she could win though? that would be sickweird...)
It'd be hilarious if she won, and if Ken doesn't have a shot at winning I will root for either her or Susie (just for the lulz:laugh:)... But to be honest I don't think she will due to jury votes. I think even Susie would beat her with this jury.
yeah. he seemed kinda hypocritical because he at least ACTED like he was an ally of ken throughout the whole game. also, if he was really "gunning for them the whole game", i could think of PLENTY of tribals where he could have acted. but no, he had to wait until it was his turn to go next then act like a complete ***** lol.
This is true, he's been saying in interviews before this episode and before the TC where he was voted that he realized that Ken/Crystal where in control and that they had to go...
altho, idk if he ever thought of himself as a nice guy, maybe he just said that to make sugar flip. If so kudos to him.

Ah but you see, Crystal is Ken's friend and Ken's friends can't possibly do wrong! The hypocrisy in this thread is stifling sometimes.

"What an *******! How dare they do this?!"
"Umm... Ken did it. Several times."
*silence*

(or, in this case, Crystal did it)
I think the difference is that the others always claim to have a nice, honest game while they are actually playing a dirty game, just like Ken is (doesn't fully apply to this case)
Nobody thinks Ken is playing a fair/honest/nice game, but atleast he doesn't act like he is.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but that's what pisses me off. I'm not saying Matty or Sugar are playing a dishonest game while Ken is being a little angel (kens game is far more "dishonest" then anyone's). I'm saying that they can't act like they're playing an honest game and that Ken is a bad guy when they're playing a dishonest game themselves. (not as much as ken, but they still are)

not that I'm going to argue with you lmfao, you'll just ignore the main point and make some rethorical statements about how biased we are towards ken and how you're able to see through it. Wow, you sure are amazing captain obvious!

legendaryhero90

Smash Rookie
THIS IS NOT GOOD!

seems impossible to turn this game around...

but then again, the theme of good vs. evil is still up in the air.

I'm seriously hoping its Ken vs. Sugar/Matty than Bob vs. Sugar/Matty in the final 2

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The guys have the top 3, the girls have pretty much no chance at winning in challenges.
Suzie doesn't do anything and is just a vote imo. Shes set up to just be no challenge in the end. So is Suger.
Its going to come down to tactics to decide who advances, not challenges.
But hey, thats part of the game. =P

Bob needs to stop winning immunity lolz.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Was there suppose to be a good vs evil feel in the f3? if so, it could mean that ken makes it to the f3 (he's been hyped up as the "bad guy" now). But it also probably means he won't win. Like I said before, there is no way in hell Ken will win if Matty and/or Bob are in the f3, which they prolly are if there is some kind of good vs evil feel in the f3. (they're the good guys)

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Kenny really got backed into a corner here. His partner is gone, Matty hates him, Sugar thinks he's a "bad guy" (childish notion really) and he can't trust Bob. Time to break out the mindgames.

If he can't do that, he's gotta win the next immunity challenges, which are probably: "The all past challenges in one" game, and the extreme endurance test, both which favor Bob and somewhat Matty.

If he does make it to the final three, his chances will vary. If Bob is gone, Corine will probably vote for him. Randy said he respected Kenny now, so he might get his vote. Crystal would obviously vote Kenny too. 3 votes right there if things work out. All Kenny's gotta do is live through the next councils. If he does get the boot, I hope Bob wins. If Bob gets the boot aswll, I hope Sugar wins, since she has been playing the game very well.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Yes, sugar has been playing the game right from the beginning--jumping from strongest player to strongest player, while letting other people think that *they* have convinced her to change. Or she's just really dumb >_>

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Although Kenny is not a real threat to Bob or Matty, they just want "good guys" in the end. This really rubs me the wrong way.

And I do remember the good vs. evil theme in the finals. I hope this is the key for Kenny to make it and win. But he will have to eliminate Bob first. Corrine and her Onion group will vote for Kenny over anyone but Bob, and Ken has Crystal's vote no matter what.

One more thing. It's so expected that Kenny will be voted out now. But Jeff keeps advertising a shocking tribal council in the finale. Could this mean Kenny miraculously survives?

Heavy_Bass

Smash Apprentice
I say all NY smashers should go to the live reunion which is being held in NYC, congratulate Ken whether her wins or loses, and then murder Sugar.

She ****ed Ken over more than anyone in this **** game.

Heavy_Bass

Smash Apprentice
Who would vote for Ken in the finals though? Even if he does make it? They all seem to hate him D=
Not really, Marcus said he has no hard feelings, I doubt Crystal told Charlie that Ken was behind him going away.

Corinne likes Ken, so does Crystal. Randy never hated him and would take him over bob susie and sugar anyday.

I think the only way Ken gets first is a Ken/Sugar/Susie final three.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. x_x

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Kenny needs to attempt an alliance with Bob. Sugar is such a sheep, she'd probably follow Bob off a cliff, so their three could rid of Matty. Issue is, Bob has to be gone for Kenny to get votes. But I doubt Kenny can get Susie and Matty to vote with him. Who knows...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Nah, I think that the Onion alliance would vote for Kenny over Matty if they made it. Corrine favors Bob and Kenny over the rest, and her alliance determines the winner, basically. Bob is the only one whom the Onions would choose over Kenny, Bob being their ally for longer.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Not really, Marcus said he has no hard feelings, I doubt Crystal told Charlie that Ken was behind him going away.

Corinne likes Ken, so does Crystal. Randy never hated him and would take him over bob susie and sugar anyday.

Randy even said he thought Kenny really grew up. And the final decision isn't always made by "good and evil." Sometimes it comes down to who played the game better. And Kenny has played well so far.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
To a point, the player who has played the game better will win. Although friendships and alliance do play a major factor in the final vote. Plus, Parvati did win over Amanda last time...

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
lol, I hate talking with my family about Survivor. They only want the goody-two-shoes people to win. They can't understand why people liked Johnny Fairplay, Parvati, or Randy.
I mean, the show wouldn't be fun if everybody were friendly, right? you gotta have a snake in the grasss to stir up trouble, or else it's no fun.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
lol, I hate talking with my family about Survivor. They only want the goody-two-shoes people to win. They can't understand why people liked Johnny Fairplay, Parvati, or Randy.
I mean, the show wouldn't be fun if everybody were friendly, right? you gotta have a snake in the grasss to stir up trouble, or else it's no fun.
Inside the game, definitely. I'm just bitter at how the Kota people were treating Crystal at Ponderosa. When the game is over for you, holding a grudge over your loss in a GAME is outright stupid.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

hmm, I guess you're right. Matty and Ken seem like the only people Randy would vote for.

But I thought Charlie didn't like Ken cause he called him a ***. Was this after the filming?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sooo will the vote be between two people or three? I think it's two so that's what I'm basing this off of.

Ken needs to do one of two things.

1. He goes to Bob and make it obvious to him that people are going to try hard to vote bob off because of how much of a threat he his. Ken should tell him the moment bob doesn't win immunity he's gone but it doesn't have to be that way. Ken and Bob should then try and convince Susie that they can get her to the final three while the others won't. They have majority vote right there. In the long run they know that when it comes down to the challenge where one of them leaves if bob wins, he will pick susie probably but he could pick ken and still win. If susie or Ken wins then the final two will be susie and ken. Ken NEEDS to convince susie that she has the best shot of getting votes for the million with him in the final two and just flat out be honest with bob and tell him that he WILL go to the final three with susui and ken and if he wins the challenge he wins the million and if he loses he will get 3rd. Ken and susui are pretty weak so this is appealing to bob.

2.Ken could also do this same thing but with matty instead of bob.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Inside the game, definitely. I'm just bitter at how the Kota people were treating Crystal at Ponderosa. When the game is over for you, holding a grudge over your loss in a GAME is outright stupid.
It's also immature and scrubbish. I swear to god, they're the kind of people who would cry about something like chaingrabbing being cheap and unfair and wouldn't admit defeat because of it. I hate people like that.
But what's even worse then being to butthurt to admit defeat is that they treat the people that beat them like ****. Crystal hasn't done anything to deserve that ****. Except in the game.... and that's the ****ing game, so get over it. Even if it IS real people it is still a game. If someone would tackle me really hard or something in a sport so I'd get hurt (to improve his own chances of winning), would I hold a grudge against him? No. He didn't do it to hurt me, he did it to win. Same thing with Crystal's actions in the game (except her emotional outbursts, buts thats not something Marcus/Charlie or even Corrine have been affected by)

I can't beleive that they let their egos blow so much out proportion that they're willing to hurt other people.

Atleast Crystal is a good sport about it and admits defeat.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Man, I just saw the video at Panderosa. Crystal seemed to enjoy her time there. She looked like she was having a great time. It's awful to see people like Corinne and all them still holding a grudge. Honestly, that woman needs to die.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I dont know why you all think he's out next. Unless Bob wins immunity, he's obviously out. He's the most likeable(has all the onion votes), and he's the biggest physical threat(hell even more then Matty). It's an obvious choice.
And in the F3, Bob>Ken>Matty>Sugar>Susie. Ken has more votes in the jury then Matty(Crystal, Corrine, who probably convinced others to vote for him)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the difference is that the others always claim to have a nice, honest game while they are actually playing a dirty game, just like Ken is (doesn't fully apply to this case)
But that's the thing, they aren't claiming that. They're just saying that in the fight of Good vs. Evil, they are on the Good side while Ken and Crystal are on the Evil side.

You can be good without being squeaky clean of any wrongdoing whatsoever. In this context, Ken is clearly much more "evil" than Matty and Sugar have ever been. In comparison to each other, I agree that Ken is "evil" while Sugar and Matty can be classified as "Good".

Their dirty tactics number were few and they have never claimed to never have used them. They just don't use them enough to be characterized as "evil".

I'm saying that they can't act like they're playing an honest game and that Ken is a bad guy when they're playing a dishonest game themselves. (not as much as ken, but they still are)
Please quote them where they've actually claimed to play an honest game. I think it's just the Ken-fanboy getting the best out of you. You want them to be wrong you hear only what you want to hear.

When Matty says he's one of the good guys, you hear "I've never done anything wrong !I'm squeaky clean! Victory shall be mine!" instead of what he's actually saying, that he's one of the good guys.

This isn't some kind of children's movie. The good guys aren't always squeaky clean angels.

not that I'm going to argue with you lmfao, you'll just ignore the main point and make some rethorical statements about how biased we are towards ken and how you're able to see through it. Wow, you sure are amazing captain obvious!
The thing is that your bias is running so high you're misconstruing the truth. You hear and see what you want to hear and see. Anything done against Ken is 10 times worse than if it had been done against someone else.

Try to stay at least a little bit objective.

If he can't do that, he's gotta win the next immunity challenges, which are probably: "The all past challenges in one" game, and the extreme endurance test, both which favor Bob and somewhat Matty.
Why do people think Bob is some kind of endurance master? He isn't. He's just got determination. He bears through the pain 'til he just can't take it anymore, as opposed to others like Suzie who bow out as soon as they get tired or something.

Matty is more athletic, muscled and has more stamina. Besides, Matty beat Bob in the last endurance-test, remember?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
The thing is that your bias is running so high you're misconstruing the truth. You hear and see what you want to hear and see. Anything done against Ken is 10 times worse than if it had been done against someone else.

Try to stay at least a little bit objective.
When did I ever claim that moves done against Ken where somehow worse (or less honorable or some other bs) then moves that he did against others?

I think you're just generalizing everybody in this thread and assuming that everyone has the same opinion.
Most of what you just wrote isn't even related to my post, and some of it I downright agree with yet you're expressing it as if you're arguing against me.
For example: "This isn't some kind of children's movie. The good guys aren't always squeaky clean angels."..... That's one of the main points I've been trying to make all along. If you haven't understood that I don't know what to say, lmao.
Your post really doesn't make any sense unless you're misunderstanding me and/or you're assuming that I have the same opinion as some stereotype you've made up in you head.
But you'll ignore this since you won't be able to admit that you've misunderstood something. Don't worry though, I'll ignore the rest of the posts you'll be making in this thread aswell.

About Sugar being dishonest:
Sugar lying to Crystal: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/surviv...VbXHxwV6WcTpihW8nV17U_Bi6pafc&play=true&cc=98
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/surviv...GvSTJHTSpEFdR9_OY8YGFkHMbzDRH&play=true&cc=98
^^She's being very smart here and is really playing the game. She's a good actress for sure, lol.

And here's Matty talking about good prevailing and such bs (video at the bottom): http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/11/jeff-probst-b-2.html
^^Taking out ken and crystal is a good strategy. it's surprising they didn't show how he was strategically planning to take them out earlier in the actual show (it didnt really become clear until this episode)

And once again, I'm not saying that they've been playing a more dishonest game then Ken has AT ALL. Ken's game has been WAY more sneaky/dishonest or w/e then anyone else's in this entire season of Survivor (probably, i cant think of anyone else). Should I repeat this a few more times so you understand? :bee:

EDIT: I just realized how hilarious it is that I said that you where gonna make some rethorical statement about how biased we are towards ken and how you're able to see through it, and then you quote that exact part of the post doing just that! :laugh: Either you didn't read what you just responded to, or you're trying to look stupid. I have no idea lmao.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Well at least the Onion Alliance will have the image of six year old immaturity for anyone who watched the Ponderosa clips.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
****, it's pissing me off so much. The onion alliance need to go eat *****.

"It's not just a game" Uh yeah it is.

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice
I say all NY smashers should go to the live reunion which is being held in NYC, congratulate Ken whether her wins or loses, and then murder Sugar.
I'd love to.

But the live reunion is in L.A. :x

Also,

I dont know why you all think he's out next. Unless Bob wins immunity, he's obviously out. He's the most likeable(has all the onion votes), and he's the biggest physical threat(hell even more then Matty). It's an obvious choice.
And in the F3, Bob>Ken>Matty>Sugar>Susie. Ken has more votes in the jury then Matty(Crystal, Corrine, who probably convinced others to vote for him)
No no no, Ken is the next out (if he doesn't win immunity), not Bob. And that's Sugar's fault. Sugar is not playing a strategic game, she is playing an emotional game. She feels that the final three should consist of all "good" people, even if she doesn't win. She views Ken as an "evil" person and doesn't want him to win. She's supporting Bob and Matty to the end because they're "good". And right now, Sugar is calling the shots. She acts like she's this weak, little, meager girl, but she takes out whoever she wants.

If Sugar says Kenny's going, Matty's already on board with that idea, Susie would follow them because she just wants to do whatever it takes to make Top 3, and Bob would vote with the majority (and even if he voted with Ken, it wouldn't count since it would be 3-2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom