• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that if Sugar had said something like that so someone, she so would've expected being flipped off.

I hope this is sarcasm? Either they just edited him catastrophically wrong but his entire time on Gabon, it seemed like looks were everything to Ken. Both of his picks when he got to pick tribesmates were purely on looks.
And the fact Kelly would obviously go before him.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
"flicka" means "girl" in swedish :O wtf, i had no idea that could be a name
I'm getting curious as to how you can be worse then Sugar though... D= in what way? Random attention whoring decision making? Being really emotional all the time?(<-i don't blame sugar for that tho) or both? (or neither?)
Sugar and Flicka were both emotional players, but there was one fundamental difference between the two: Flicka did not want to play the game. She did not like it when certain players "thought too much", so she made it a point to take out such players so that she would not have to think. She was incredibly lazy in that respect. It eventually came back to bite her. She had no game plan. Sugar at least formed a few alliances and aided in players like Ken getting father. Sugar made several emotional flops, but she didn't play Flicka's lazy game.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Have you seen season 13? There is a player named Jessica who goes by the alias Flicka during the show. She admits in her confessional after being voted off that she really never started playing the game. Her strategy was to simply target the thinkers so that she would not have to think.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I haven't but I would love to. :)

I guess this "Flicka" girl must have been emotional just as much as Sugar was, but the major difference is that she was not a very smart thinker, therefore she wanted to take out all the smart players out first, am I right?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I haven't but I would love to. :)

I guess this "Flicka" girl must have been emotional just as much as Sugar was, but the major difference is that she was not a very smart thinker, therefore she wanted to take out all the smart players out first, am I right?
Sugar wasn't exactly the sharpest player, but she at least played the game. She joined alliances (albeit temporarily) and knew how to make a difference. Flicka would essentially put Tribal Council out of her mind entirely. She wanted to vote out Jonathan because he was thinking too much (playing the game). When she was in danger suddenly, she ran around frantically trying to target Jonathan again. She was not spared because she lacked a game plan.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
someone please shoot me a pm for a good site to watch all of the previous survivor seasons...i'm serious about trying to get on the show!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
someone please shoot me a pm for a good site to watch all of the previous survivor seasons...i'm serious about trying to get on the show!
There is no such site (AFAIK). Only torrent. There's a private tracker for which you need an invitation that has many /if not all) of the previous seasons with high speeds (I'm currently re-watching China).

So your best bet would probably be torrents in general.

OmegaXXII

Sugar wasn't exactly the sharpest player, but she at least played the game. She joined alliances (albeit temporarily) and knew how to make a difference. Flicka would essentially put Tribal Council out of her mind entirely. She wanted to vote out Jonathan because he was thinking too much (playing the game). When she was in danger suddenly, she ran around frantically trying to target Jonathan again. She was not spared because she lacked a game plan.

I see, by any chance do you know where I could find this episode? oh wait nevermind.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=survivor&x=7&y=11

Don't ask me how I knew they had been released on DVD prior to making this search.
I'll ask again, how did you know? ;)
kidding lol...
but seriously this looks interesting, thanks.
:bee:

There is no such site (AFAIK). Only torrent. There's a private tracker for which you need an invitation that has many /if not all) of the previous seasons with high speeds (I'm currently re-watching China).

So your best bet would probably be torrents in general.
Torrents huh, I have a bunch of those, unfortunetly I don't know of any such site where I could get them since it's been a long time since I actually used a Bittorrent program so... :(

Nice sig btw.

OmegaXXII

any word about how ken is doing now that survivor's completely done?
None, yet, though I do occasionaly spot his name lurking on SWF which is strange as he doesn't post.

but yeah, Gabon was one of the best shows i've seen in a while, Bob and Matty were priceless.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
My wife and I agree that Gabon was a fairly bland season. I liked the players, but the landscape was incredibly boring. Grassy hills with a river and a few trees is all that is there. Sure, there was some wildlife that you don't see everyday, but as was mentioned, the prebuilt shelters partially ruined the Survivor experience. There was no rain or wind.

greenblob

Smash Lord
For me it was the opposite. The season was enjoyable, with plenty of blindsides and drama, but the characters weren't that likable.

OmegaXXII

Gabon was definetly had a bland environment, the players and challenges were fun and all, but the atmosphere seemed really boring, but let's looks at it on the bright side, at least the next season KDJ won't be on a bland atmosphere such as 'Kenny' was.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The only "natural disaster" made evident in Gabon was the onslaught of bug bites (and the occasional leeches). I don't know about anyone else, but my Eden would not have biting bugs in it... ever...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
My wife and I agree that Gabon was a fairly bland season. I liked the players, but the landscape was incredibly boring. Grassy hills with a river and a few trees is all that is there. Sure, there was some wildlife that you don't see everyday, but as was mentioned, the prebuilt shelters partially ruined the Survivor experience. There was no rain or wind.
Yeah, I was all "Why is it raining so much?!" when I watched Survivor: Micronesia (Fans vs. Favorites) where it literally rained at least once every other episode. And I don't mean droplets, I mean monsoon-ish.

They could've at least had an elephant stampede through a camp.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, I was all "Why is it raining so much?!" when I watched Survivor: Micronesia (Fans vs. Favorites) where it literally rained at least once every other episode. And I don't mean droplets, I mean monsoon-ish.

They could've at least had an elephant stampede through a camp.
They can't exactly control wild animals...but I'm sure they could've made it happen anyway. Would've been kind of dangerous, don't ya think?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Dangerous indeed, but for the thrill and fun of seeing Corrine being chased by them it would be. :)
She would've called the elephant a "freak", a "nobody", and bragged about how much smarter she was than it. She'd finish off with an insult relating to the elephant's dead father. Then she would walk into a nearby river and get eaten by a hippopotamus. There would be no Tribal Council that night, too.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It still makes me happy that Marcus is known all over the Internet now as the biggest sore loser in Survivor. Granted, I haven't seen all seasons yet, but of the ones I've seen, Marcus is still at the top.

"I never lie in games." Please...

greenblob

Smash Lord
Marcus was trying to be Yul, except he failed (partially because he didn't have an Ozzy or the HII, which he threw away).

OmegaXXII

I still find that to be delicious:
"These people are so stupid, I just convinced them to throw an immunity idol into the ocean!" *gets voted off*
So let me get this straight, was it Marcus who then gave the ocean immunity idol to Matty? or was it Sugar?

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Host: Your challenge today is to fight on these docks in the middle of this river using these foam sticks. The one who survives gets immunity from today's vote-off. Ken vs (--) and.... go!

Ken performs a IRL Ken combo.

Host: °C°; Um... Ken wins!

Ken: T'was no problem. Just a simple mindgame and I got thisin the bag.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Necro'd all for a very, very bad joke.

You should be ashamed.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Host: Your challenge today is to fight on these docks in the middle of this river using these foam sticks. The one who survives gets immunity from today's vote-off. Ken vs (--) and.... go!

Ken performs a IRL Ken combo.

Host: °C°; Um... Ken wins!

Ken: T'was no problem. Just a simple mindgame and I got thisin the bag.
You bumped this thread to say that lame joke?
For shame!

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Nope, I just forgot to read the date of last post. Or The ENTIRE 500 PAGE thread for that matter. My humble apologies.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Nope, I just forgot to read the date of last post. Or The ENTIRE 500 PAGE thread for that matter. My humble apologies.
Even if you didn't read the timestamp, I still question how you managed to dig this thread up from the depths. You must have been browsing through pages of old threads or using the search feature. Regardless, you really have no excuse. There is a warning on old threads that inform you that no one has posted in months. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom