• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sure Sheik is your main, but who's your Low Tier?

Bil

Smash Ace
We never even bring these out because we're so used to playing this broken character...

So who do you Low Tier? Is it someone who has some sort of a similar play style?

Personally I Low Tier me some Young Link, mainly because he's so fun to play, just like Sheik. Plus he counters Peach.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
who uses low tier

i like roy cause marth is my secondary. also use ness cause i mained him oh so long ago.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Pikachu is pretty awesome, although I have a softspot for Mewtwo too. I'm not really a Sheik main though =P

I wish Mario was a lower tier... he's fun to play.

Vts

Smash Champion
EWWW ness i tried him once and i can't do his up-b recovery so each time i play my noob friends they make me use him (i'm really good with pi-chu so they stopped picking him lol)

Apples

Smash Apprentice
DUDE YLINK DOES NOT COUNTER PEACH.

As far as Low Tier goes... DK for the old list, for the new... well... there's always mewtwo.

soap

Smash Hero
mewtwo's DJC feels slow + dumb, i cant stand him. i think pichu is better honestly.

the new tier list is really good though, ***** luigi, DK, and L1NK had no business in low tier tournies.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
But now its Pika all dai. The fox of low tier. I think we're going to see alot of Young Link now that Link is gone.

edit:

Soap: Link is top of low tier. I forgot. I guess more Roys? Lol Roy dittos are too fun.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
according to the Peach+Y Link boards...Young Link counters Peach. It's her worst matchup, its not like a hard counter or anything.
Are you going to sit there and tell me that Young Link is worse for Peach than:

Fox
Falco
Sheik
Falcon
Marth
possibly Ganon.

Young Link isn't her worst match-up by a long-shot. Bad match-up and worst match-up are two different things.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
all you gotta do with zelda is bair lolz

And Y. Link is not Peach's hardest matchup. At the point in which she can actually fight through his wall and punish him, he's easier than Marth.

Peach can't really do **** to a good marth that spaces.

Falcon/Sheik/Falco are even matchups, Fox has an advantage depending on how gay he wants to be, Marth beats her, she beats Ganon by camping and shield pressure.

Y. Link is just annoying. And no one good plays him anyway so it's a moot point.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Are you going to sit there and tell me that Young Link is worse for Peach than:

Fox
Falco
Sheik
Falcon
Marth
possibly Ganon.

Young Link isn't her worst match-up by a long-shot. Bad match-up and worst match-up are two different things.
I'd rather fight space animals and tiara boy than Ylink, but that might have more to do with matchup experience.

I also think Sheik is probably the best Peach counter

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Imo Fox is hardest. What are you going to do if he refuses to approach and laser spams? Drillshine->usmash beats your CC and he's faster than you.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I just don't put myself in a position to be drillshined properly, after that his only option for a kill is either me ****ing up DI or a random upsmash/bair/nair but it's easy to read a fox trying to do this and bait a whiff

Just requires a lot of patience on my part, but I'm quite an avid fox hunter

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
you wd back and down smash his drills and ****
Alright.

Take out the dair part. Fox refuses to approach. You are forced to approach him to kill. His usmash trades with/beats everything you have. Usmash even trades with fair if timed properly.

hmm..

When I play Peach vs. a campy Fox it feels impossible.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
all you gotta do with zelda is bair lolz

And Y. Link is not Peach's hardest matchup. At the point in which she can actually fight through his wall and punish him, he's easier than Marth.

Peach can't really do **** to a good marth that spaces.

Falcon/Sheik/Falco are even matchups, Fox has an advantage depending on how gay he wants to be, Marth beats her, she beats Ganon by camping and shield pressure.

Y. Link is just annoying. And no one good plays him anyway so it's a moot point.
random question....

did you ever do policy debate in high school?

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Alright.

Take out the dair part. Fox refuses to approach. You are forced to approach him to kill. His usmash trades with/beats everything you have. Usmash even trades with fair if timed properly.

hmm..

When I play Peach vs. a campy Fox it feels impossible.
Well then stop trading hits with upsmash =p

In this case, good prediction of future steps (especially when fox is waking up) and basically scaring the little **** is necessary to win

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
lmao you guys gotta see jman play peach to see how easy he makes it look lol. fox already has combo obviously but the thing is he can run away the whole match and laser and there isn't much peach can do. on top of that, platform camping and peach and her slow jump is stuck.

pikachu is the god of low tier i mained himwhen i was a noob and semi picked him up a long my noob conversion.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
lmao you guys gotta see jman play peach to see how easy he makes it look lol. fox already has combo obviously but the thing is he can run away the whole match and laser and there isn't much peach can do. on top of that, platform camping and peach and her slow jump is stuck.

pikachu is the god of low tier i mained himwhen i was a noob and semi picked him up a long my noob conversion.
I think I beat him at Chu's near the twilight of Melee. I guess I should play him again

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I tend to think so. If you play her right, it's impossible to touch her, combos peach much better than marth ever could, and has nearly guaranteed kill combos in a large % window.

Top Bottom