• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support Ray for Smash! - Custom Robo Discussion Thread

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Aw hail naw. Gurl, ya'll gonna say what it is rite now!

Nah but seriously, smash related or custom robo related?
My lips are robotically sealed!

But I will tell you a bit of cool trivia. Did you know that Custom Robo appeared in the US first in Smash Bros Melee, while the rest of the series was Japan only? There were three trophies for Custom Robo V2, which helped grab the american audience's attention when Custom Robo (for Gamecube) came out. The more you know! :chuckle:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
HOLY BALLS!!!! (In the words of Krillin in the DBZ Abriged series) PLEASE LET THIS BE NEW CUSTOM ROBO NEWS! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S SIMPLY A VIRTUAL CONSOLE RELEASE, OR SIMPLY RAY MK III AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER (GOD PLEASE, LET IT BE THE LATTER!) JUST LET THIS BE SOMETHING REEEAAAALLLY GOOD FOR US CUSTOM ROBO FANS!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TILL TUESDAY! (Man, I really hope I'm not jumping the gun though. Hey, S1LV3RH00D, please, please, PLEASE tell me I'm not jumping the gun or anything, okay?):chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::chuckle::colorful::b:

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
HOLY BALLS!!!! (In the words of Krillin in the DBZ Abriged series) PLEASE LET THIS BE NEW CUSTOM ROBO NEWS! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S SIMPLY A VIRTUAL CONSOLE RELEASE, OR SIMPLY RAY MK III AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER (GOD PLEASE, LET IT BE THE LATTER!) JUST LET THIS BE SOMETHING REEEAAAALLLY GOOD FOR US CUSTOM ROBO FANS!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TILL TUESDAY! (Man, I really hope I'm not jumping the gun though. Hey, S1LV3RH00D, please, please, PLEASE tell me I'm not jumping the gun or anything, okay?
; )

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
What a tease!
You understand just as well as us that any Custom Robo related news at all, after 7+ years of series inactivity, is overwhelmingly exciting.
I feel like everybody before E3, waiting with bated breath for new information and speculating what it could be.
I am however, suspiciously reserved towards anticipation for anything too amazing.
But holy damn, what a tease!

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Well, you may be in luck. I have some special news for Tuesday.
Plot twist: S1LV3RH00D is actually Sakurai, and as decided to put Ray into smash bros with a completely customizable moveset!
But in all honesty, I'm hyped for whatever you are planning. Perhaps word of a fan hack of Ray in brawl?

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget Palutena is not the only one with a dynamicly changing moveset. We have the miis as well so I can see ray having this feature as well

So lets make custom move set Possibilities for him:

B= Endless possibility for guns One is that green lazer another could be the knuckle bomb another could be a that homing long range gun ect.
<>B= Endless Potential with Bombs You could use arcing bombs, Slow Bombs, Direct bombs, Fast bombs, Red bombs blue bombs one bomb two bombs
vB= Different Pods you can choose Satellite Homing or Acropods
^B =Boost jump Extra Dash or a Kick jump (Idk)
Don't forget Palutena is not the only one with a dynamicly changing moveset. We have the miis as well so I can see ray having this feature as well

Sorry its been a while since I've played a Custom Robo Game so I have no Idea what the names anything is besides the Satellite pods and the acropod.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
but the miis are not really a character, they are more a build a character option

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
but the miis are not really a character, they are more a build a character option
I guess your right.
Maybe they aren't showing alot of the gunners moves because they are too similar to some of Ray's moves.
Now that I think about ray would be another character that the Mii's could take inspiration for moves. I guess i should start making a mii of Ray just in case he doesn't make it in this time.

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
I don't get what everyone is saying about Palutena's move set being uniquely customisable.
In Sakurai's Miiverse post (June 20th) he says "Each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves"
Nowhere have I seen that customisable movesets are Mii and Palutena Exclusive.
Did I miss something?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't get what everyone is saying about Palutena's move set being uniquely customisable.
In Sakurai's Miiverse post (June 20th) he says "Each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves"
Nowhere have I seen that customisable movesets are Mii and Palutena Exclusive.
Did I miss something?
what they mean is the miis and palutena's moves are each different where as everyone elses custom moves are just variations of their default ones

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
I think part of the reason Custom Robo doesn't have a huge fanbase is the release date of the game. It came out pretty late for the gamecube.
Which is why a new one would need to be executed well, or we might never see it again.

Some suggestions:
1) Make the next one free to play. I feel that would work well for the games overall style of acquiring new parts
2) Amiibo could work well. After all, both Custom Robos and Amiibos are little toys. Perhaps something to consider with the f2p model?
3) Advertise! The concept behind this game is every kids dream! Action figures fighting each other, except for real this time! This hasn't been a strong suit for Nintendo in recent years, but it's worth a shot.

Hong

The Strongest
Did anyone else get the sick limited edition print that was only given to early Custom Robo buyers? ♥

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Did anyone else get the sick limited edition print that was only given to early Custom Robo buyers? ♥
Okay, first of all, I have to ask, this "limited edition 'Custom Robo' print", Is this the big CR news that S1LV3RH00D wanted to show us? Second of all, if I don't feel too lazy to do it, I'm going to try to get farther on Custom Robo Arena, if I get the chance, of course. (BTW, does anyone know what rank you have to get in CRA to progress in the mountains and learn the soulboost technique? And also how do you get to that rank, as well.)

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Okay, first of all, I have to ask, this "limited edition 'Custom Robo' print", Is this the big CR news that S1LV3RH00D wanted to show us? Second of all, if I don't feel too lazy to do it, I'm going to try to get farther on Custom Robo Arena, if I get the chance, of course. (BTW, does anyone know what rank you have to get in CRA to progress in the mountains and learn the soulboost technique? And also how do you get to that rank, as well.)
Fellow and you just have to keep doing battles.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Fellow and you just have to keep doing battles.
Oh, thank you! I've been trying to figure out what to do for about a month now! Believe you me, I absolutely love Custom Robo Arena, but this part was starting to get frustrating to me. BTW, do you know what level number I have to be at to reach 'Fellow'?

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Image please?

What a tease!
You understand just as well as us that any Custom Robo related news at all, after 7+ years of series inactivity, is overwhelmingly exciting.
I feel like everybody before E3, waiting with bated breath for new information and speculating what it could be.
I am however, suspiciously reserved towards anticipation for anything too amazing.
But holy damn, what a tease!
Btw, today I unseal my lips. Check my signature for details.

Last edited:

FasdfGfaha

Smash Cadet
Image please?

Btw, today I unseal my lips. Check my signature for details.
Luckily I didn't notice this "news" until only a minute ago, which means I'm at the peak of hype and don't actually have to wait long! I'm praying you aren't trolling. Don't get our hopes up for nothing. Not that I think you're the type who would troll like this. I've been lurking here for years and have a good idea of who tends to troll.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Luckily I didn't notice this "news" until only a minute ago, which means I'm at the peak of hype and don't actually have to wait long! I'm praying you aren't trolling. Don't get our hopes up for nothing. Not that I think you're the type who would troll like this. I've been lurking here for years and have a good idea of who tends to troll.
Fret not, I am a man of my word.
PS: 12 hours til party time!
:disco::disco::disco:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
dun dun dun> news is that batman is in the next custom robo!

Xenorange

Smash Lord
If a custom Robo character is implemented, I'm expecting 12 specials like Palutena. There are so many different options that you have access too in CR that it would be a wasted opportunity for them not to use those options in Smash.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If a custom Robo character is implemented, I'm expecting 12 specials like Palutena. There are so many different options that you have access too in CR that it would be a wasted opportunity for them not to use those options in Smash.
It is a waste to use it on Palutena versus other RPG characters in general
Welcome Dark Pit

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
So uh, does anyone wanna know what it is? :joyful:
It's timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10 minutes. ;)

Edit: Whoever posts next gets to see it first. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Never posted in this thread before or played any custom robo game (yes, shame on me) But im still excited to hear whatever it is S1LV3RH00D has to announce. :201h::201y::201p::201e:!!!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh :( I get too expectatious

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Are you serious? You made us wait a week for that? Why?
Oh :( I get to expectatious
Well, this is the first step in creating a brand new game. I asked a Nintendo rep what would be the best way to reboot the series in the beginning of the month, and have been doing TONS of research on the topic. I have a video to go with this that is 70% completed. That was my main goal, but I promised you guys this would be done by tuesday. Also, there is more to come. This is just the tip of the iceberg. ;)

Last edited:

Brogief

Smash Rookie
Well, this is the first step in creating a brand new game. I asked a Nintendo rep what would be the best way to reboot the series in the beginning of the month, and have been doing TONS of research on the topic. I have a video to go with this that is 70% completed. That was my main goal, but I promised you guys this would be done by tuesday. Also, there is more to come. This is just the tip of the iceberg. ;)
You could have just told us that you made a petition.

Top Bottom