• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER Street Fighter IV Thread: SEYAAAAA

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm liking how the game is going so far. The new Ultras are pretty sweet too. I'm especially satisfied with the online updates. Now we can have a room of players! Let's hope that the metagame doesn't devolve into chunking rocks and Hadoukens. Only time will tell.

Oh, and SEYAAAAA!

Hand out your gamertag if you're looking for some online games.

-----------------------

XBL:

Zero_Gamer (and his brother) :
XBL: X_the_Derp
Mains: Abel, Cammy, Seth, Sagat and brother uses Akuma and Ibuki.
Secondaries: Cody, Ryu, Rose, Dudley, Blanka

Dogysamich
XBL: E Dogysamich
Mains: Balrog, Sakura, Guile
Secondaries: Cody, Ryu

TRC
XBL: Tekami
Mains: Adon, El Fruitcake
Secondaries: Dicktator

Ruuku
XBL: Ruuku1012
Mains: Blanka, Dudley, T. Hawk

Galuuda
XBL: prawr
Mains: ?

Dreadz18x
XBL: Dreadhead 1017
Mains: Guy, Vega

D-Torr
XBL: elochocincoTZV
Alternate XBL: ShadowOfBushin
Mains: Guy, Rose
Secondaries: Cody, Adon

Kishiru
XBL: Kishiru325
Mains: Juri

GA Peach
XBL: Nanaya_is_Marty
Mains: Chun Li
Secondaries: Guy, Cody, Ibuki, Makoto

Reflex
XBL: Promise of Skil
Mains: Vega
Secondaries: Adon

DC
XBL: DC Loves Lolis
Main: Sakura
Sub: Sakura
Secret Weapon: Sakura
Favorite tree: Sakura
Favorite anime: Cardcaptor Sakura
Favorite game: Sakura Wars

------------------------

PSN:

ETWIST51294
PSN: Etwisst
Mains: CODDDDDDYYYYYYYY, Dudley, Balrog, Black Guile, and Hakan.

Daysoo
PSN: Tidazi
Mains: ?

DisasterABDUL
PSN: DisasterABDUL
Mains: Dudley, Guy

Jam Stunna
PSN: JamStunna
Main: Chun Li

Laijin
PSN: ZeitKuppler
Main: Juri

TheBloodLusk
PSN: JoshuaLuskRocks
Main: ?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'll let a new thread for this fly.

And yeah, SSF4 is pretty beast. Picked up some Cody, and fumblin round through him. Likin the new Sakura, Guile, and Balrog.

I dont think i've played against ALL of the characters yet, but like, game seems pretty balanced afaik. SF4 was already fairly balanced as is (although sagat didn't have to do super work, lol) and now it seems like the gap is alot smaller.

So like, if you got XBL or PSN (especially XBL, cause I got XBL), you need to hop on and play with some people. Dont matter how good or bad you are, you could learn some stuff, you can teach some stuff.

Holla at the Triple Bingo combo.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yo son, ranked 44th in BP with Cody. Get @ me. Ranked 15th in NA.

PSN: Etwisst

Mains: CODDDDDDYYYYYYYY, Dudley, Balrog, Deejay, and Hakan.

Dogy, just wait till you fight T hawk. That *****s ********. Wayyyy more irritating than Gief was.

U1>U2 CODDDDDDYYYYYYYY

My XBL isn't working right now so...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I did not care for the original, but jesus, I don't know what they did, but even the old charecter seems so much more fun to play. I play Abel in SFIV and its sort of along the lines of "Hahaha, yeah, I got it" now its more along the lines of "HELLLS YEAH!!!" His improved falling sky, faster sweep, and Ultra II all make him a drastically more exciting character.

Makoto is fun but hella frustrating, on so many levels. I'll sit back while others figure her out, and pick her and simply do her third taunt all day till I get ultra II built up, and then spam so wiffed Taurugi safely, power myself up, do the ultra, combo after words, taunt somo more.

Juri took a bit to get since she wasn't rushdown like most had predicited, but zoning out has never been so fun. Hold a medium fireball, when you see an EX coming your way, shoot it, then cancel out the rest with a kick. Hell, you don't even have to do that, just dash under the *****. No EX fireballs against Juri.

Cody mirror matches are incredibly exciting as well.

Adon, I don't know why, but I play him and Guilty Gear comes to mind, I have no idea why, just, I love it. Everything about him pisses my opponent off, and that alone makes me love him. Ultra II for his ear **** all day.

DC

Smash Cadet
Let's hope that the metagame doesn't devolve into chunking rocks and Hadoukens. Only time will tell.
It's so drastically different than SFIV, I'm sure it won't!

lol but seriously, Cody is a real man. Hits you with a ****ing crowbar.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I didn't plat SF4 like that, so I can't tell differences. Besides, I'm so bad at these fightan games, I stress on MEDIUM arcade mode. I only familiarized myself with Ryu last time around.

:embarrass

What's the difference?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
10 new charecters, everyone has II ultras now, but they are selectable. Defensive options have been nerfed across the board, especially for Ryu and Sagat to balance out their fireballs, stupid **** was taken out, individual hits do less damage so you can take more risk, most of the new charecters are pretty heavily offense based, Dhalisim is really ****in good, Dudley and Juri were mega overhyped but still pretty **** good, and a slew of other ****. Easily the best 40 bucks you'll spend on a brand new game.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well . . . I spent $21 for it. Just, I don't know why I constantly buy these fightan games when I have no one to play with. I have no drive to get better when there's no one to push that improvement.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Something is up with the speed. I can never play these games online as the lag like it's 1994.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
yeah dude I feel the same as Crashic. I'm in love with it, and I nearly hated the original SF4 (though really, one of the main reasons was there were hardly any characters I liked enough to main) now I have all my 3S favs, the wonderful Hakan and Juri, DeeJay, and my ol' favorite El Fuerte...

and like Crashic said, even the old chars now feel better to me now. I don't really know what changed but god **** do I like it more.

XBL : Tekami
but I don't have live atm and I am hardly ever on because of my ****ty home connection

Daysoo

Smash Ace
SUPER IV is my first Street Fighter game.
I'm liking it so far.
Probably going to wind up playing T.Hawk, though I'm not set on him quite yet.
I'm on PSN: Tidazi

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i think im interested in Juri the most; i feel like she has a good amount of speed behind her and id be lying if i didnt say she was really cute.

not quite sure what her damage puts out yet, but im getting there.

i didnt play much sf before, i got a little into it when sf4 came out, but then ssf4 was set to be released and i just waited--not such a good decision in the long run bc i have to familiarize myself with the game again.

glad i have a couple of "pros" close by. *zero and derp--lol*

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I don't really have a main yet. I was El Fuerte in 4... Prolly keep him some, but I love pretty much every new character they put in. I mean, I'm a huge Dudley fan (I hosted a tournament called "Corkscrew Blow" for gods sake)

just put me down as DeeJay :D

DC

Smash Cadet
Grapplers are for scrubs

It's all about the girl with the beret.

Cammy
Noel
Sion

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah I don't even really like her that much as a character...

but Dat Beret. :B

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Daysoo, you have to use a grappler in every game, don't you?
I like command grabs.
They tend to look cool, and they're generally better than normal grabs.
You can't typically break them, either.
Command grabs are just really solid options.
Solid enough to scare people, which is what I like to do.
Once you get people nice and scared, you can start punishing attempts to avoid being grabbed. <3

DC

Smash Cadet
He likes one hit combos.

Real men play little girls with ridic combos! I live and die by this code.

DC

Smash Cadet
Now I know you guys aren't serious about dissing Cammy.

It's scientifically impossible to say that there are better females than her in Street Fighter.
Sakura.

Don't put down science!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Now I know you guys aren't serious about dissing Cammy.

It's scientifically impossible to say that there are better females than her in Street Fighter.
Juri, Makoto, Elena, Sakura, Karin, Necro's girlfriend, and sort of Poison. White ***** be nasty as hell. No one with a flat *** should ever be wearing a g-string.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
U1>U2 CODDDDDDYYYYYYYY
In general, yeah.

I have a strat that makes U2 very usable, but I have to work out the kinks. It boils down to using u2 to straight up threaten people at midrange and keep them in block.

... then again, I'm known for having dumb Dogy Logic like the Triple Bingo block string.

Ask about it.

DC

Smash Cadet
Your strategy with U2 is to use it in a pressure string?

lol

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
i haven't really played my super street fighter 4 since the first night i got it(played with a bunch of friends all night) but i'm really liking what they've done with the new characters
dudley and guy all the way!

PSN: disasterABDUL

GA Peach

Smash Lord
In general, yeah.

I have a strat that makes U2 very usable, but I have to work out the kinks. It boils down to using u2 to straight up threaten people at midrange and keep them in block.

... then again, I'm known for having dumb Dogy Logic like the Triple Bingo block string.

Ask about it.

U2 with Cody can punish more things than U1 can, but U1 is able to be comboed, so i guess it comes down to matchups. and LOL @ a Triple Bingo Combo. Zonk Knuckle(Bingo) is like -7 or -8 on block, so welcome to Punishment Town, Dogy. i love Cody, but that man is EXTRA unsafe on almost everything he does... :(

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh i know it's punishable, but what my opponent dont know dont hurt me. ^_^

Safety issue = yup. I really don't know the extent of it yet, but yeah, I feel pretty uneasy doing.... everything. Sucks that he has a hard time backing out of stuff, as well. :/

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
People are still talking about that. Some people are saying he's mid now, but others are saying he's still the king for a reason.

Also, why does Cody's knife do chip, but Vega's Claw doesn't?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Because they hate vega..

They ( creators)

Cuz secretly metro men arent supposed to kick *** in a elegant ...gayish way.

Top Bottom