• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Smash Land] - Final Build 1.1 Online

Skipps

Smash Rookie
OMG I GOT THE LAST CHAR OMG IT IS VA*** -.- NOOOO

That is not a good Char. :mad: I hoped it is DK, but it is Va*** -.-

The way to get the Last char is very difficult. That is not good -.-

The Endless mode is good. :)

New Bug:

I had unlocked the Endless Mode, but when i closed the Game and opened it again, the Endless Modus was again locked.

:(

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Skipps' english is making my brain hurt... :(

Your hint is much appreciated, 4nace! Also, Skipps should get a mention in the full game as a beta tester. All that bug-busting must be amazing intel for you, man!

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree. As harsh as I may have been on him, I think he deserves an honorable mention. And I still can't unlock secret character #1. Help. Please.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
The first one's easy: finish arcade mode using all characters.

Now, the second character... I have no clue :/ probably play a lot of Saffron VS matches? Skipps pleaaaase spill the beans :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The first one's easy: finish arcade mode using all characters.

Now, the second character... I have no clue :/ probably play a lot of Saffron VS matches? Skipps pleaaaase spill the beans :p
The game is fun! Thnx for the m ention btw :)

The controls are quite hard to get used to though. I play SSBF2 demos a lot so I get mixed up easily. You did awesome.

As for this second unlockable character. . .

V A (space) (space) (space)

Vaati? From legend of Zelda the minish cap? That's all I can guess.

Skipps

Smash Rookie
Sry for my english, but it is really difficulty from german to translate in english and back.

last secret character "Va***"(Spoiler)
Big Lord play a match with 4 CPs and 99 Lifes in saffron city ^^ It is a little cheat^^
It is not easy, because when you open a game with 4 CP is the Map Random. You must ever open it new, wehn you don´t get the map.

The last secret Character is really !!REALLY!!! and i mean it is REEEEAAAAAALLLLLLYYYAY not Good^^ Ok the attacks is good, but a don´t like the Character.

The first secret character "Meg****"(Spoiler)
When you fight versus the first secret character make melee attacks. Meg**** is distance fighter. A good char is Link

Skipps

Smash Rookie
Shortiecanbrawl@

no, it is a Pokemon -.-

DeeNinjaa@

that is really easy.
Make 4 CPs in Saffron with 99 lifes and wait.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
The only Pokemon that starts with Va is Vaporeon, and that's more than 5 letters. You've been getting it wrong this entire time. And no pokemon starts with V and has 5 letters. I checked the Pokédex. So either it's Vaporeon, or a different pokemon altogether.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The last character is freaking cool, Skipps just wanted DK.

It's someone I've always wanted to play as in smash. His/Her attacks are really unique.

Can we unlock all the stages yet?

And to get the final character just play with 3 cpus for like, an hour tops and you'll get it.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I have a problem...

I started a game in Saffron City that would take about an hour or so. I was playing for 20 minutes when the final character appeared. Shortly afterwards, he was defeated. Some time later, with time left on the clock, I paused the game and had to go to the bathroom.

My brother wanted to play the game too, so he pressed "Select" to go to the menu...

What do I do now? Should I start another game and keep playing until the final character appears again? I tried playing a 2 minute game, no success...

4nace, help a man out, here :/

EDIT: disregard that, started another game and I unlocked the final character. Yay!

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
I go by Nightpup on the leaderboards. and ASDFGHJKL endless is super-hard. It's cool, though. We need a leaderboard for Arcade, too.
Oh and Mr. Va is absolutely incredible. Just one little thing though. When an endless Mr. Va makes a puddle, please make it white to not confuse anyone.
EDIT: Same bug the others encountered. I can't access Endless mode once I close the game and reboot it.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Just unlocked Battlefield, yay! Endless mode is amazing :D

EDIT: same as DeeNinjaa. Endless mode is greyed out again. Battlefield is still unlocked though.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield? I'm guessing you need a # of KOs on endless.
Although please make ToH a secret stage. Make it related to Vs.
One last thing: How do you do the bouncy spark ball thingy with Pika? I saw a CPU do it, but idk how to do it myself. a CPU Link also used the hookshot on the ground.

4nace

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Sorry I was gone for so long. Working on the bugs you have listed now. The endless one seems to be the most important so I'll make sure to grab that first.

As for the pika charge ball.Its new =). you make it by using down air right before hitting the ground. I wanted him to have a projectile.

Also the tournament went really well. I'll have a write up on it soon. But I will let you know soon when i have an update. There's some balance changes that I would like to make as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
During endless, there is points where a Pikachu was temporarily invincable, has anyone else had this problem? I literally got through a whol Uattack and it managed to hit me back and not move an inch.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Could you do us a favor and put up an unlock list or something on SSL's website or just more hints? I'm super curious as to what the other stages are, but I'm having trouble unlocking them. I can guess one was made for Mr. Va though.

Also, I figured a nice addition to SSL would be to add a leaderboards button in endless mode. That way, in case we don't wanna check the actual site, we can hit the button and see who's placing well and where we are right on our game. Oh, and when the final game is released, will we lose our savedata?

Another thing: If you've ever played SSB Crusade, you'd know that Ryu has this thing above his CSP where when you click it, it changes his final smash. I was wondering if you could do something like that for Pika so each player can choose between Headbutt or Thundershock. Like, put an extra button above the Tap Jump/CPU level if Pika is chosen. When you click it, it'll switch between Headbutt and T-Shock. Oh, and I still think a Gameboy Color mode would be a cool bonus option after unlocking everything. It displays the game in full color.

4nace

Smash Ace
@Shortie

Hmmm not sure what that is. I can try to investigate. But since you say up smash I have a feeling that the pikachu ducked under it (players can do it and CPUs duck sometimes when on ground). If it was not that, let me know.

@DeeNinja
Some nice ideas here. As for the secret stages, I could start releasing hints soon. The mario stage is unchanged from demo 2.

As for having the leaderboards in-game, that would be a bit difficult because of the way Game Maker handles text and such, but I could add a button that opens the browser. I will look into trying to get it integrated in-game, as I agree that would be awesome.

Also, yeah I will try to make sure your save files are safe. Even if i add more things that need to be saved I can just make it open those save files, and convert them into new ones =).

As for the pikachu headbutt-thunderjolt, I completely forgot about that option haha. I find headbutt to be a lot better, but perhaps I should have some way to keep the thunderjolt. I'll decide soon.

I agree that color mode is an awesome idea (would be a really hard unlock imo) but it would take so long to have everything colored(menus/game/backgrounds) but maybe I'll color a character and stage as a test and see how long it takes to see if its worth it.

As for the full release (where I advertise places other than here) that should be in a week or two. Once the bugs are kinked out and I feel the game is balanced.

I also have the finals recorded from the Tournament. So i will be posting those as well.

-Dan

Skipps

Smash Rookie
Hey Dan. I don t like Vap** The Pokemon is not Gameboy Star :( .
Pls take Mr game & Watch
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Game_&_Watch_(SSBB)
He is a really Gameboy Star.

or

Take Snake
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Snake_(SSBB)
He is a Gameboy Star http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFmH9en-FIY

or
Ice Climbers
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Ice_Climbers_(SSBB)

Here more Ideas:

1player & 1CP vs 2CP in Arcade ( with random LvL and characters )
1player & 2CP vs 1CP in Arcade ( with a giant enemy )
1 vs 1CP in Arcade ( with a metal enemy )

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
@Skipps
Pokémon debuted on the Gameboy with Pokémon Red, Blue/Green, and Yellow. In Yellow, your rival got Eevee as a starter. Vaporeon is one of Eevee's evolutions and is quite a popular Pokémon, so it fits perfectly into SSL. Actually, Vaporeon is probably Eevee's most popular evolution.
Plus, neither G&W, or Ice Climbers had a Gameboy game.
And I've never heard of MGS Ghost Babel. It's probably not a popular game.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Plus, neither G&W, or Ice Climbers had a Gameboy game.
I haven't played Game & Watch Galleries for Gameboy platforms (so I don't know if Mr. G&W is there), but it should be noted they exist.

Skipps

Smash Rookie
Va*** is a character, but not the most famous character.

Bubble Bobble, Donkey Kong, Gargoyle’s Quest and Metroid is more famous as Va***

@DeeNinjaa

WTF Why are you saying the name of a secret character (Va***)?

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
@Skipps:
Most people know who it is by now.
And also, I've never heard of Bubble Bobble or Gargoyle's Quest. They may have been really popular back in the day, but in this day and age they're most likely not well known. Just because you don't agree with Vaporeon being in SSL doesn't mean others don't(I.E. Shortiecanbrawl). Plus, it's Dan's game to begin with. I have to agree with DK and Metroid, but Dan did say he wanted someone who hadn't been in Smash before.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I'm completely okay with the secret character, and he has a cool and different playing style. So no harm done :)

Also, Bubble Bobble is famous, yeah, but I think this game should have only one 3rd party character. Megaman is that character, no doubt. Also, Dan needed another pokémon.

EDIT: ****. I think the new update saved over my old save. No getting it back now :/ Bah. Time to unlock everything again.

4nace

Smash Ace
Oh about the saves. If you wanna do the update then all you need to do is unzip it to a new file and then copy over the SSL-D3.sav into your folder and it should have all your data. If it wrote over that, then let me know because that would be a problem.

As for the secret character, yeah I tried to make it someone not in smash so I could be creative with a moveset. I also wanted to do a pokemon because there are so many attacks to choose from.

Neutral - Water Gun
Up Air and Ground - Acid Armor
Down Ground - Water Pulse
Forward Ground - Agility
Forward Air - Bubble Beam
Back Air - Tail Whip
Down Air (Hold to Charge) - Roll Out

Also I really wanted to do that teleport mechanism haha.

So right now my goal is to finish up this build as best I can and release it with a video and such. And then decide if I want to add anything else to the game or open it up to the community.

-Dan

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
OMG va/;[ is awesome. When I figured out how Acid Armour worked, I was like HOLY **** THIS IS AWESOME. She feels like she sucks a little.

Also oh that was Water Pulse. I was wondering what it was.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
4nace, so you're saying that the new SSL3.sav file should overwrite the previous one... and yet the previous one's data would still be there?

... That's not how a save file works, man :/ at least, not that I know of. The method to overwriting something is always:
- File A has same name as File B;
- File B is moved to the same place as File A;
- If the user wants to overwrite, File B is DELETED and File A is put into its place.

Soooo I don't understand how a new save file would contain my old data ._. since that data was deleted along with the old save...

Anyway, don't mind this all that much, I'm cool with it man, but next time please don't include a save file with the update. Lost 5 hours of "work" or so, heh...

When I unlock everyone again I'll comment on the characters and arenas :) And I hope that the rest of the stages aren't that hard to unlock, hehe.

PS: just read your post a little better. No wonder it got deleted, I unzipped the updated game to the same folder, oops!

4nace

Smash Ace
@BigLord

You're right. It was my fault. Did not realize there was a SSL-D3.sav file in the zip with nothing. There is not supposed to be. I am uploading a zip without one right now. But yeah, what you did should not have erased your data. I will make sure to be more careful next time.

As for the rest of the stages. They are all pretty fun to unlock. There is one stage for doing something quirky with Kirby.

There is also a stage for many Versus Matches (supposed to be the hardest)

-Dan

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
O_O
I saw the music file "wily" and, for no doubt, I know
Megaman's
;o

4nace

Smash Ace
Haha yeah. And the fact that you can open it and listen to it in firefox doesn't help either. But truth be told he is not that secret. I am actually going to begin making the final trailer for Smash Land tomorrow and I'll probably include him in it, similar to Snake joining the Brawl in the Brawl Trailer =P.

Also, the last upload had a bug in the endless mode so I re-uploaded. This time it does not have a blank save file (I hope) so you should be able to just write over your files and not lose your save. You can be extra safe by coming your SSL-D3.sav just to be sure though =P

-Dan

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Apologies accepted 4nace. We ARE Beta testers anyway, aren't we? :)

Can't wait for that trailer! I love all the trailers you've uploaded so far.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
The next trailer better have more Borsato. Or at least use Ik Leef Niet Meer vor Jou again.

4nace

Smash Ace
Hah thinking of doing some Borsato, or perhaps a chiptune remix. Not sure yet =P

Also, this is copied from the COT5 results thread.
SUPER SMASH LAND COT5 Results!

So I managed to get the results from Super Smash Land. Unfortunately I lost the bracket but I have the top 8 out of the 20 entrants, if you played in the tournament and are not listed then feel free to post here and I will add you.

This was the first tournament in Super Smash Land and I think that it went pretty well. There were a lot of players interested in the game and who gave it a try (not all too many top players but such is life).

The finals were also a lot of fun and I managed to get the best of 5 Recorded and Uploaded to Youtube. For the finals, we had the players play random the first 3 games of the best of 5 to promote a variety of characters. The series still ended up going to 5 games and was fun to watch. Especially Game 4.

Here is the Finals
ETALUS vs WRASTOR

Here are the top 8 out of 20 Results:
1. Wrastor (
) -- Megaman Block Sprite
2. Etalus (
) -- Link Block Sprite
3. Delta-Cod (
) -- Vaporeon Block Sprite
4. JTails
)
5. GIMR (
)
6. Dabuz (
)
7. Patches (???)
8. Rook (???)
9-20: ???

Here are some images:

Winners with Their Block Sprite Prizes (Etalus - Wrastor - Delta-Cod)

Dabuz playing a Tournament Match

The Block Sprite Prizes on Display​

It was a blast, thanks to all those who tried it out! Also a big thanks to my brother, Chris, and my friends Rich, Ryan(Wrastor) George(Etalus) and John for helping me run the tournament and give out prizes and such.

-Dan

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Hey 4nace.

I was playing and got a random error code. I was Kirby facing team Pikachu in arcade mode, I was on the last enemy and got hit by the Voltorb/Electrode in Saffron. Right when I should have died, the game paused and this error came up:

Code:
for object obj_player:

In script ai_step:
In script findTarget:
Error in code at line 7:
       if(ai_target.team == team && instance_number(obj_player) > 2){
                    ^
at position 19: Unknown variable team
this is a pic of what everything looked like when it happened.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6052/5889462347_ab019e680a.jpg

4nace

Smash Ace
Ahh thanks PurDi. I've seen that glitch before and I thought I removed it. I guess not. I will go investigate now. =P. Thanks. For the time being just hit ignore and you should be okay.

-Dan

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Finally unlocked every character and endless mode again. Now for the stages!

... How do I unlocked other stages??? ¯\(°_o)/¯

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Nobody posting here? Really?

Heh, as for me I'm just posting here to say that maybe Vaporeon's AI has a flaw in Lavender Town, he killed himself (did this twice) if I stood on top of the platform and he was standing to the right. He jumped, used fair (bubblebeam) and somehow forgot how to recover (?).

Maybe I can try to recreate the situation, if you guys want a clearer explanation.

Top Bottom