• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

I wonder when are we going to get the official release date for Beta? I'm guessing it'll be revealed in the last dev blog.

Last edited:

ZeusLink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
U wot m8?
3DS FC
1010-0010-0100
Pac-man looks pretty good in this one, he got a huge improvement from Smash 4.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
*boots up SSF2*
Oh, how I've missed you

Any news on 0.9.2? Or just in general? I heard some new characters were announced, but that's about it.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
There have been a bunch of announcements through dev blogs
which you can see here http://mcleodgaming.com/news
Oh wow. Pit can actually kill with his Captain Falcon side special ripoff now. And Sandbag looks like the physical manifestation of Melee Peach's Down B (talking about his moveset). Seeing some pretty awesome sprite animations here and there as well. I'm kinda surprised the devs managed to make a game like this well under half a gigabyte in file size.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Oh wow. Pit can actually kill with his Captain Falcon side special ripoff now. And Sandbag looks like the physical manifestation of Melee Peach's Down B (talking about his moveset). Seeing some pretty awesome sprite animations here and there as well. I'm kinda surprised the devs managed to make a game like this well under half a gigabyte in file size.
The vast majority of space a game needs has to do with its art assets. When almost every object has thousands of polygons, and most of the noticeable ones (mobs, NPCs) have tens or hundreds of thousands, and each vertex needs to indicate which vertices it connects with, that adds up fast. Add textures full of who knows how many pixels, the various lighting maps, particle effects, and probably a bunch of other things, the visuals end up taking the most storage. Sprite/pixel games and up being a lot lighter.

Of course, not using shared libraries causes a lot of bloat, but not nearly to the same extent as the graphics.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have good news and bad news (for me):

The good news is I have a brand new laptop!

... The bad news is Xpadder doesn't seem to be compatible with Windows 10, so no controller for SSF2. :c

Any tips on this problem? At least SSF2 Beta will have native usb controller support.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I have good news and bad news (for me):

The good news is I have a brand new laptop!

... The bad news is Xpadder doesn't seem to be compatible with Windows 10, so no controller for SSF2. :c

Any tips on this problem? At least SSF2 Beta will have native usb controller support.
It has a Linux port, I would suggest you either try that or try to run the Windows version through Wine. You can use joy2key or qjoypad. I use qjpypad, but joy2key might be better if you learn how to use it. qjoypad won't start properly unless you start it from the terminal and pass it the --notray option.

At any rate, I can't recommend enough that you stop using Windows 10. It's basically Malware: The Operating System.

https://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=217 Linux Mint 18. I'm on 17.3, but you may want to use 18 to better support your newer hardware.

https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_sarah_cinnamon.php Release notes including known bugs. The ASRock motherboard issue really isn't that big a deal. Just delete /var/log/syslog and /var/log/kern.log , link them to /dev/null , then restart the logging service (or reboot) and it'll stop filling up your log files (and whatever partition your logs are on) with APCI errors.

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Well, I finally found a way to get Xpadder to work on my computer without any modding or effort.

Yay!:happysheep:
So you're still using Windows 10? Want to just send the contents of your entire hard drive to every advertiser and government agency on the planet?

red9rd

Smash Ace
This has highly likely been asked before, but I couldn't find anything with Google.
Do you think they will add compatibility with the gamecube adapter?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This has highly likely been asked before, but I couldn't find anything with Google.
Do you think they will add compatibility with the gamecube adapter?
SSF2 Beta has been announced to have native USB controller support. If you install the driver of the GameCube adapter onto your computer, then I don't see why not.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Definitely!

But the actual reason I want them in is because King K. Rool and Bandana Dee have no chance to get in before them. If they're in, it gives me hope that the latter two will be in the full game.
You and me both! Seriously though, in addition to what you said, I'm also hoping for Dixie Kong as well. Maybe as the Princess Zelda/Sheik-styled character she was going to be alongside Diddy in SSF2. Supposedly, Diddy and Dixie could originally switch out during a match with the use of the Tag Barrel from DK64.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Falco? That's cool, it gives more hope to the Wolf fans.

It also confirms that the slot placements in that earlier picture don't mean anything, as none of them were near Fox.
As a matter of fact, the devs themselves revealed just last night that the current placements of the "Locked" characters on the CSS DON'T MEAN A THING. In other words, the upcoming character reveals could be placed ANYWHERE in the end, and the upcoming characters could be ANYONE.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not surprised that they first revealed a veteran. Obviously saving the newcomer(s) for last.

And yeah, there's definitely no clues hidden in the character select screen.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! My body's not ready....It's....just..........not......READY!!
*hype intensifies*

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Monkey D. Luffy

Well, I've seen him asked a lot over the years so not TOO surprising. Of course this is salt land for those who don't like animu in Smash.

Beta release date when?

Top Bottom