• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Key word: starter characters.
So the dream isn't dead after all....

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pretty kewl and clever way to celebrate the 10th anniversary. A while back I pondered the idea of a joke SSF2 character the fought exactly like a SSF1 character (even with SSF1 styled spritwork/animations). But I think this is even better.

So from what I can tell from this mode:
  • Moving physics extra slippery
  • Significantly increased horizontal knockback
  • Significantly decreased vertical knockback
  • No Up Special
  • Can't grab ledges
  • Respawn and ready to fight immediately after losing a stock

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So from what I can tell from this mode:
  • Moving physics extra slippery
  • Significantly increased horizontal knockback
  • Significantly decreased vertical knockback
  • No Up Special
  • Can't grab ledges
  • Respawn and ready to fight immediately after losing a stock
They actually explained everything in their blog:
tson said:
– All attacks hit once per frame
– Hitlag is completely disabled
– Turning around cancels your current attack, and happens instantly
– No more grabbing ledges, shielding, crouching, taunting, teching, or grabbing foes
– Side specials, up specials, down tilts, and down specials are disabled
– Neutral aerial attacks are replaced with neutral specials
– Every character uses the same slippery-slidey physics
– No respawn platforms
– Every attack uses the same knockback physics (higher damage = higher knockback)

Last edited:

Traidipun

Smash Rookie
I think it will amuse me with this mod! XD
Happy Anniversary "Super smash flash"

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
They'll put up a release date the day(s) before it comes out. Then when said day arrives, they'll delay it for a couple hours or so. Then the website will crash. Next day everything is stable.

That's how these releases usually go.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I speak French so I'll handle this one...

à quand la Version 5 en téléchargement sur roomstation?
Ou une nouvelle version6 avec + de personnages et de stages [en commençant par refaire ceux qui existait déjà dans les vrais jeux d'origine]??....
Version 5? Tu veux dire 0.5? C'est que...on est déjà à la version 0.9.1 avec la prochaine version qui sortira durant l'année (personne ne sait quand, par contre)

De plus, tu peux le télécharger sur le site officiel et les chance sont, ce site le montrera en premier qu'il y a une nouvelle version

http://mcleodgaming.com/games/ssf2/downloads

Last edited:

eVeRFRee

Smash Rookie
France ; Rhônes-Alpes ; Haute-Savoie ; Annecy
oui désolé mais j'avais trouvé ça sans tester http://supersmashflash5.org/ mais c'est bien le SSF2 version 0.9.1. 1982.
Mais je maintiens avec + de stage et de personnages; et recréer les anciens stages de la série officielle dans le SSF2.
Avec Wolf et Pichu en version 1.0.0.0000 et en gardant le style graphique.
+ une option pour changer les contrôles clavier vers une manette ((si possible)).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
oui désolé mais j'avais trouvé ça sans tester http://supersmashflash5.org/ mais c'est bien le SSF2 version 0.9.1. 1982.
Je n'ai jamais dit qu'il y avait seulement the site officiel, seulement que ce dernier risque d'être plus fiable pour te dire que le jeu a été mis a jour (mis à part nous, évidemment :p)

Mais je maintiens avec + de stage et de personnages; et recréer les anciens stages de la série officielle dans le SSF2.
Exactement! Personne ne le sait quant la prochaine version sera téléchargable...

Avec Wolf et Pichu en version 1.0.0.0000 et en gardant le style graphique.
...mais ces deux personnages n'ont jamais été annoncés! De plus, la prochaine et si on est chanceux, avant-dernière version sera 0.9.2, aussi connue sous le nom de "Version Béta"

Par contre, je peux te confirmer que Luigi, Bowser, Mr. Game and Watch, Pit, Isaac, Falco, Bandana Dee, Pac-Man, Luffy et Sandbag seront ajouté sur cette version. Mega Man et Sora receveront aussi de grand changements sur leur moveset.

Et je n'ai même pas encore parlé des stages!

+ une option pour changer les contrôles clavier vers une manette ((si possible)).
Ceci a été confirmé, si je me rappelle bien.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
In short, it seems yet another site is hosting SSF"5" without permission.

They even got the mother****ing number wrong. How does that even happen?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Yup, they're totally plotting something! :b:
After? What could possibly happen after?... I mean in the short term. Not the full release in a few years.

My first thought was a tournament or something, but that's not really the kind of thing you hype up secrecy for.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
After? What could possibly happen after?... I mean in the short term. Not the full release in a few years.
What makes you think it'll be in a few years?

The Beta version alone adds 10 fully fleshed out characters as well as giving a moveset makeover to both Mega Man and Sora. Not to mention the new stages, items and modes, and there are a lot of those as well.

Maybe they're closer to completion that we think?

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
What makes you think it'll be in a few years?

The Beta version alone adds 10 fully fleshed out characters as well as giving a moveset makeover to both Mega Man and Sora. Not to mention the new stages, items and modes, and there are a lot of those as well.

Maybe they're closer to completion that we think?
Well, there's still the unlockable content to think about, and, I'll be blunt here, I'd like at least as much to do as Melee had. The relative lack of unlockable stuff was one of Smash 4's flaws. I'd be more upset if the final release added few enough things to make it able to come out quickly than I would be if I had to wait.

Besides. A good number of veterans are still missing.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, there's still the unlockable content to think about, and, I'll be blunt here, I'd like at least as much to do as Melee had. The relative lack of unlockable stuff was one of Smash 4's flaws. I'd be more upset if the final release added few enough things to make it able to come out quickly than I would be if I had to wait.

Besides. A good number of veterans are still missing.
Fair enough, but who knows how far they are right now?

For all we know, they might've already been working on a bunch of unlockable stuff as I wrote this.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Fair enough, but who knows how far they are right now?

For all we know, they might've already been working on a bunch of unlockable stuff as I wrote this.
I doubt it. Right now, all of their efforts are focused on finishing Beta by the December 31st deadline (They promised in January that it would be released SOMETIME IN 2016, and they're struggling to keep that promise; that's why the Dev Blogs on the website have stopped despite word that they would continue, even those cut into development time too much at this stage.)
Working on things reserved for the final version right now would be nothing but detrimental. It would be like any other game working on extensive DLC before the game's finished.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I doubt it. Right now, all of their efforts are focused on finishing Beta by the December 31st deadline (They promised in January that it would be released SOMETIME IN 2016, and they're struggling to keep that promise; that's why the Dev Blogs on the website have stopped despite word that they would continue, even those cut into development time too much at this stage.)
Working on things reserved for the final version right now would be nothing but detrimental. It would be like any other game working on extensive DLC before the game's finished.
That's actually a good point, but here's my crazy prediction; the full version will be released before a fifth Smash game.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
That's actually a good point, but here's my crazy prediction; the full version will be released before a fifth Smash game.
Unfortunately I dunno about that if we're counting the rumored Director's Cut Smash 4 as "Smash 5". We intentionally go quiet whenever there's a Smash launch because we don't wanna take away from official titles successes.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Unfortunately I dunno about that if we're counting the rumored Director's Cut Smash 4 as "Smash 5". We intentionally go quiet whenever there's a Smash launch because we don't wanna take away from official titles successes.
I personally don't count it since it's still Smash 4

Top Bottom