• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And now, I bid you all farewell~. :bee:
And then I drag you back in because I wanna say stuff.

First off, the fact that I haven't seen any word from Nintendo or McLeodGaming about the report makes it clear you did the report, which honestly isn't surprising given the way you've said things (especially the smiling emotes), but still, that shows you're a party pooper trying to ruin things for everyone. That's bad, dude.

Second, I very much doubt that report would do anything, honestly. Yeah, they revealed Simon in the same week Sakurai did and the movesets are similar, but given the amount of time and effort making a character takes, this is purely a coincidence, something the SSF2 devs even poked fun on in his trailer. Not to mention SSF2's using the more modern design for Simon while Ultimate uses the older one or that the Dracula's Castle stage is wildly different in both games.

And that's not even the only thing that makes it unlikely that a single report will make Nintendo shut down SSF2 because of Ultimate;
  • One of Ultimate's biggest appeals is that every single veteran is in the game, even the cut ones. SSF2 doesn't even come close to filling that goal.
  • SSF2 has four characters that have a literal zero chance of ever being in an official Smash game, being the Shonen Four (Goku, Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy)
  • SSF2 also has a bunch of characters that aren't playable in Smash yet, such as Isaac, Chibi-Robo, Bandana Dee, Lloyd, Bomberman, Krystal, Sandbag, Rayman, Waluigi and many others, so it's far from a blatant copy of Smash like other fangames that got shut down were, such as AM2R.
  • That's not even talking about content like stages, songs and modes or the fact that characters like Wario or Mega Man have a different moveset, which further adds to the fact that it's not a Smash ripoff, but rather a passion project made by fans that's essentially being it's own thing.
  • It also has different mechanics than Ultimate due to the lack of directional air dodges or the fact that dashes aren't as versatile.
  • Being a non-profit fangame also helps.
And finally, there's the fact that this game has been in the works since 2007. Brawl wasn't even released at the time. If neither it nor Smash 4 could shut it down, especially when its gameplay is closer to the latter than any other Smash game, then we shouldn't worry about Ultimate doing it.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
And then I drag you back in because I wanna say stuff.

First off, the fact that I haven't seen any word from Nintendo or McLeodGaming about the report makes it clear you did the report, which honestly isn't surprising given the way you've said things (especially the smiling emotes), but still, that shows you're a party pooper trying to ruin things for everyone. That's bad, dude.

Second, I very much doubt that report would do anything, honestly. Yeah, they revealed Simon in the same week Sakurai did and the movesets are similar, but given the amount of time and effort making a character takes, this is purely a coincidence, something the SSF2 devs even poked fun on in his trailer. Not to mention SSF2's using the more modern design for Simon while Ultimate uses the older one or that the Dracula's Castle stage is wildly different in both games.

And that's not even the only thing that makes it unlikely that a single report will make Nintendo shut down Ultimate;
  • One of Ultimate's biggest appeals is that every single veteran is in the game, even the cut ones. SSF2 doesn't even come close to filling that goal.
  • SSF2 has four characters that have a literal zero chance of ever being in an official Smash game, being the Shonen Four (Goku, Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy)
  • SSF2 also has a bunch of characters that aren't playable in Smash yet, such as Isaac, Chibi-Robo, Bandana Dee, Lloyd, Bomberman, Krystal, Sandbag, Rayman, Waluigi and many others, so it's far from a blatant copy of Smash like other fangames that got shut down were, such as AM2R.
  • That's not even talking about content like stages, songs and modes or the fact that characters like Wario or Mega Man have a different moveset, which further adds to the fact that it's not a Smash ripoff, but rather a passion project made by fans that's essentially being it's own thing.
  • It also has different mechanics than Ultimate due to the lack of directional air dodges or the fact that dashes aren't as versatile.
  • Being a non-profit fangame also helps.
And finally, there's the fact that this game has been in the works since 2007. Brawl wasn't even released at the time. If neither it nor Smash 4 could shut it down, especially when its gameplay is closer to the latter than any other Smash game, then we shouldn't worry about Ultimate doing it.
THANK YOU!!!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
i lived *****

we're still working on the next update (strategic silence bc ultimate) but just wanted to let you guys know we're still here!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's kinda weird that they'd make a trailer about Sora getting a sprite overhaul.

Sure, we get a Waluigi teaser, a preview of the long-awaited return of Final Smashes, a Riku Assist Trophy and the confirmation of a stage based on The World That Never Was, but the main focus was the resprite.

The only sprite overhaul that ever got its own trailer is the Mega Man one, and that one can be justified by the fact that the moveset also got overhauled.

I'm not complaining because what we saw was still cool, but I think it's pretty odd.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
It's kinda weird that they'd make a trailer about Sora getting a sprite overhaul.

Sure, we get a Waluigi teaser, a preview of the long-awaited return of Final Smashes, a Riku Assist Trophy and the confirmation of a stage based on The World That Never Was, but the main focus was the resprite.

The only sprite overhaul that ever got its own trailer is the Mega Man one, and that one can be justified by the fact that the moveset also got overhauled.

I'm not complaining because what we saw was still cool, but I think it's pretty odd.
Actually, before this, there was a trailer to reveal both the Sonic and Tails resprites together.

I’d personally guess that this is more because of this being the only way to show off significant gameplay of the resprite since there isn’t a Smash Con stream ongoing right now. Note that, at the last Smash Con, even Krystal and Rayman didn’t get full trailers despite being brand new characters, maybe because they didn’t need them as they could show off all of the gameplay they needed live on stream.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Actually, before this, there was a trailer to reveal both the Sonic and Tails resprites together.
I... completely forgot that :lol:

Still, it's odd that they'd hype things up (it was one of those "premiere" things where we saw it on our sub feed for like, a day) only for it to be a resprite.

Why not just outright post it?

I’d personally guess that this is more because of this being the only way to show off significant gameplay of the resprite since there isn’t a Smash Con stream ongoing right now.
It's possible...

Note that, at the last Smash Con, even Krystal and Rayman didn’t get full trailers despite being brand new characters, maybe because they didn’t need them as they could show off all of the gameplay they needed live on stream.
That's basically why, yeah. No point in setting up a trailer when you can say everything right away.

Traidipun

Smash Rookie
I leave this image so you know what happened today at the SSC 2019.
Waluigi will be shown on the third day but the two are unknown with 3 new scenarios.

Last edited:

Traidipun

Smash Rookie
And let's not forget the new stage: Sky Pillar.
Sincerely liked that Lucario joined the roster and finally there are 4 Pokemon characters.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
And, they have now revealed the second mystery character.

I have to admit that the veteran reveals are kind of underwhelming... they make lots of sense and will be fun to play as, but the aren’t as exciting as newcomers. I’m not even super picky about which characters, I just like to see new movesets.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ryu is a good addition.

I honestly wasn't expecting the reveals to be newcomers and we are still waiting for the 4 newcomers that were revealed last year.

However just having a character from last year for the final day and the bottom row in the CSS being one box shorter raises my suspicions.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ryu isn't a shocker at first glance because he's a Smash veteran.

But then you realize that they actually managed to impliment his full Smash moveset, likely including all the mechanics, into a Flash game.

And that's pretty impressive.

Traidipun

Smash Rookie
And let's not forget the new stage: Suzaku Castle.
Although I would have liked to see a character in the roster (Mickey, XD) I am happy that Ryu joined the game for be an important character of the fighting games and that Megaman is not alone as a representative of Capcom.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Waluigi's moveset got revealed today and it's certainly... strange but really cool too. He seems to be a mix of Wario and Luigi with his moves, like having a Wario N-Air and Luigi's Green Missile, and then he has some more unique moves like using a Mario Party block that has random effects (a la GnW's Judge), his F-Smash being a nod to Mario Tennis, and my personal favorite: planting a Pirahna Plant that can attack opponents and act as a shield to protect Waluigi. his Up-Air also spikes which is very very weird LOL.

Overall I really like the newcomers they revealed this weekend even though I still think there's a lack of real villains in the roster (Waluigi is kind of a villain I suppose, but still there's no Dedede or Ganon :() Their designs are sick and add something new to the game, I just hope the release date for 1.2 is somewhere soonish.

Traidipun

Smash Rookie
And let's not forget the new stage: Krazoa Palace (Star Fox).
We can only wait for the update date.

Last edited:

Traidipun

Smash Rookie
I am very sorry if I publish this one month late but I saw that nobody talked about the update of ssf2, so I put a video plus two images of the new patches, enjoy it!

Traidipun

Smash Rookie
Mcleodgaming uploaded a video about Rotation Release Cycle which explains that every two months a new patch will be uploaded from the game and MG Insiders which consists of a specific Mcleod page and if you subscribe there you will have the update before its general date.

And this new video talks about the new update of Super Smash Flash 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom