• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Wow can't believe I hadn't heard of this until today (and not through this thread either) Its actually pretty good!

Edit: Is there a way to play wifi on this? That would be awesome if there was.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Oh, sorry. I stopped bumping this thread because I thought nobody cared. :mad:
We are most definitely not on standby. We're hard at work on the next demo.
There's no online capability yet but we're planning on it. so.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
So how many and which unlockable characters are in the demo. I got black mage somehow but I dont play all the time just when I'm bored and have free time.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That's how a quite of moves are sadly like I remember Sora's Fire halting vertical momentum completely(but not lateral). The easy solution is to forbid Brawl style hitstun cancelling or increase hitstun.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Next build, you have to wait 10 frames after hitstun ends to cancel knockback with a special.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Naruto has the worst recovery is the demo. Fix it please, maybe make it go up more. Its too short. Naruto is my fav character in the game other than goku. I would like to see him have at least as good of a recovery like ichigo.

Oh yeah, add luffy, he is goku incarnate. He's from one piece.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Second one is up -- the ENGINE's improvements.

I'm sure you guys can appreciate this blog atleast since THIS THREAD'S BEEN DEAD.
QQ

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Wow, I might pick SSF2 over Crusade now, but the new Crusade demo is coming out soon so we'll see.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Teching, star and screen KOs, DI and shield fixes? Holy crap, amazing, incredible, hooray! No seriously, all this stuff should have been added literally years ago, seeing how long the project is around (the same can be said about pummeling and tumble in Crusade). And the KOs are only eye candies, from which screen ones aren't really necessary (I don't like the pavement stones being shoved into my face - Smash Flash series and Crusade are already pixelated to the extreme, the zooming camera doesn't really work in 2D without any kind of filter). Not impressed.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
That's a rather pessimistic view, don't you think? Not to mention that the engine improvements aren't the only thing added (see the first blog post & ones to come)

Tid

Smash Cadet
Teching, star and screen KOs, DI and shield fixes? Holy crap, amazing, incredible, hooray! No seriously, all this stuff should have been added literally years ago, seeing how long the project is around (the same can be said about pummeling and tumble in Crusade). And the KOs are only eye candies, from which screen ones aren't really necessary (I don't like the pavement stones being shoved into my face - Smash Flash series and Crusade are already pixelated to the extreme, the zooming camera doesn't really work in 2D without any kind of filter). Not impressed.
Come now, that's hardly fair. If you're the kind of person who'd complain about these not being in effect in the first place (don't worry I did the math for you, you are), it's not exactly reasonable to play captain cynic when we actually do put these in the game.

EDIT: Oh and screen KOs actually look pretty good in motion. It's pixelly, sure, but because flash does a great job with its anti-aliasing, it looks crisp, and in motion isn't disruptive at all.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I gotta admit, all that stuff looks mighty nice and tempting, but I'll continue my skepticism until I actually get a chance to play the update. I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention, but is there a planned release date or general time frame?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Come now, that's hardly fair. If you're the kind of person who'd complain about these not being in effect in the first place (don't worry I did the math for you, you are), it's not exactly reasonable to play captain cynic when we actually do put these in the game.
Those changes IMO are not something that should be done into a huge hype-spawning blog-post. Simple like that.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I don't think you know how much effort has been put in so far into building the engine from scratch, SSF2 is one of the most well built fan-made fighting games out there.

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, blog post 3 is now up!: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=31864

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you know how much effort has been put in so far into building the engine from scratch, SSF2 is one of the most well built fan-made fighting games out there.
Yes, I do. If you haven't noticed, I'm not complaining about SSF2 as a whole, I'm complaining about tweaks getting an entire blog post with screenshots taking up a quarter of my screen.

But enough of this talk, at least you guys are now working harder than before.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You're complaining that we're letting you know what's going on backstage and that we listen to you? You don't have to read the blog posts if being kept up-to-date annoys you that much...

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
You're complaining that we're letting you know what's going on backstage and that we listen to you? You don't have to read the blog posts if being kept up-to-date annoys you that much...
I think you did not get the point.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I gotta admit, all that stuff looks mighty nice and tempting, but I'll continue my skepticism until I actually get a chance to play the update. I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention, but is there a planned release date or general time frame?
Not a public one, yet. We should have one set sometime soon, I'd say in about a month or so.

I think you did not get the point.
You just said it yourself.. You don't like that we're announcing all of our major engine changes in a blog post (which is what they're here for -- announcing our major changes before the demo is out). This is just our way of letting all of you guys know what's up!

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
You just said it yourself.. You don't like that we're announcing all of our major engine changes in a blog post (which is what they're here for -- announcing our major changes before the demo is out). This is just our way of letting all of you guys know what's up!
It's that these changes are IMO not something to be announced in a huge blogpost.

tbh I'm tired of this discussion and I have to admit my point was not entirely correct, but I still think the post was not really necessary. It's nice you want people to know you're actually working on the game, tho.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
It almost looks like they gave Kirby a 0-death combo on just about every character. Unless the CPU just can't DI out of attacks yet.
Well, it's better than being useless, I suppose.

Still waiting to try it out for myself. With any luck it'll be right at the start of Thanksgiving Break so I don't have other stuff to worry about.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Those are all combos with no DI - if you look closely you can see that none of the characters were moving before the combos started.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I'm fairly certain a couple of the characters were moving just as the combo started, but whatever, that's a relief.

Actually, I looked at the video again and some characters were indeed being controlled, either by the AI or another player. A couple examples of this are characters trying to recover (Link, Sora, Naruto) and Mega Man tech-rolling towards Kirby.

But that's a bit beside the point.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly certain a couple of the characters were moving just as the combo started, but whatever, that's a relief.

Actually, I looked at the video again and some characters were indeed being controlled, either by the AI or another player. A couple examples of this are characters trying to recover (Link, Sora, Naruto) and Mega Man tech-rolling towards Kirby.

But that's a bit beside the point.
It was probably in Training Mode. That would explain the recovery part of it, at least.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yeah, sorry. In training mode, CPUs only DI (towards the stage) if offstage/near camera boundaries and only move if offstage. So basically, for most of the combos, no DI.

Top Bottom