• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Melee NOT Confirmed for EVO 2014

ENCOREY

Smash Cadet
I could buy it. Late June/Early July release for SSB4 sounds reasonable.
I don't think so. Especially at the snails pace they're announcing characters. Only 22 Characters have been announced so far. Brawl had 35 playable characters. Yes they did mention potential cuts but there are still a lot of veterans they have yet to announce. Maybe they won't reveal all of the characters pre-release and have it be a surprise.

Last edited:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, some people are suspecting that they might do some sort of Super Smash Bros 4 Exhibition just before the Melee Top 8 or something if it gets the go ahead, and might be like...I dunno, doing a character reveal at the event too. I admit I'm not holding my breath on that, but I could see that as being something that could be good for all involved parties.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
I don't think so. Especially at the snails pace they're announcing characters. Only 22 Characters have been announced so far. Brawl had 35 playable characters. Yes they did mention potential cuts but there are still a lot of veterans they have yet to announce. Maybe they won't reveal all of the characters pre-release and have it be a surprise.
They don't have to announce every character in the game before they release it.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The fact that they have a slot reserved for Melee shows a lot to me. They actually care.
Doesn't mean that Blazblue or Injustice took a spot from it or anything.
Hopefully Nintendo will listen, it would certainly be taken very well.

lolmark

Smash Rookie
The fact that they have a slot reserved for Melee shows a lot to me. They actually care.
Doesn't mean that Blazblue or Injustice took a spot from it or anything.
Hopefully Nintendo will listen, it would certainly be taken very well.
Nintendo seriously need to throw their diehard fans a bone.

BILL?

Smash Apprentice
Maybe is time to put Brawl in EVO, I bet everyone will love watching all mental aspects of this game.
It's hard to appreciate the "mental aspect" of watching two metaknights flying under the stage and popping up on the other side.

Kazu

Smash Rookie
I love both watching and playing Melee and PM, but I seriously think if the community re-banned MK then it would make Brawl WAY more interesting and open up a lot more viable matchups. It might also manage to give the game a longer (ish) lifespan, since Smash 4 is coming and all.

Top Bottom