• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Hm. Not sure what the problem could be then.

In other news, Online is almost fully functional! Jaklub and I are trying to work out some bugs with the random seed that cause desyncs and crashes, but besides that it runs very well. There's significantly less lag than Brawl's Online mode (and Jaklub says he has a terrible connection) and it's generally consistent. There's also a chat mode so you can talk with friends during the match.
At the moment, it's a client-host system, meaning one person hosts a "server" for the match that another person can connect to. We use Hamachi to connect, but I'm sure there are other programs that work as well.

Here's a couple screens of the absolutely glorious Online menus:

As you can see, you can change your nickname. It will be displayed in-game the same way as in Brawl and Melee. You select your character by pressing "C" then typing in the name of the character.

If we can do a match that doesn't desync, I might upload a video of it on the new official Youtube account.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I've got an interesting little announcement for you all:

So I just had this idea, and I think it'll work very well in the future.

From now on (technically starting with DHD and Ridley), every time a spriter completes a character's sprites, they will get a personal test version with that character added. Hopefully, this will encourage spriters to finish characters more quickly and in greater number than before, as they'll get to play as any character they sprite before others are able to.
This means that as soon as I finish DHD and get him to a playable state, SmashKing will be receiving a .exe with DHD selectable on the CSS. Same with GigaPichu for Ridley, and any other member who gets characters sprited.

Sound good to you? Then you should get to spriting a character!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So far this game is really good. The the opponent AI could have some improvements. Also, I sometimes have problems starting the game since several times the game has a nasty habit of crashing after pressing start on the Title screen (and continues to crash when I exit and try again until it finally decides not to crash).

Will the controls be better and will the physics feel a little less clunky in the next update?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
^^ Next update will have L Cancel, reduced landing lag on Blank jumps (in 0.7, you had 6 frames of landing lag When you jumped/Air dodge'd, in 0.8 you will have 3), 3 frames of landing lag on wavedash, a DECENT wavedash, 3 frames of landing lag on Zair and a bunch of other minor changes.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvP2smAMTBE

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Why can't you add any other characters like Felicia (Darkstalkers), Sora (Kingdom Hearts), Tron (Tron) or even Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Island). Hey, rosters don't have to be final, you can add even 80 more characters, and will Project: Crusade slow down, no. I'm just telling, unlike Flash 2, you have over 50 characters, and you can have over 100, 200, or 300, hell, there is a world record for most characters in a video game, the record, 200, do you think you can beat it? Well, I do, I am just saying, add as many characters, there is NO LIMIT on GM7 Pro. You can make a Video game out of it. Discs, cartridges, etc.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Reposting from the forum with some edits:
So, to sum things up for those who don't know, there was a big issue with what actually happened a month and a half ago. The game technically shouldn't have "changed hands". DMX worded it like crap, to say the least. Falcon just wanted some help with getting the game done, and that's what he thought DMX said when he mentioned the idea of the game going open source. DMX had an entirely different idea in mind originally, and from what I can tell has been shifting his opinion on this subject a lot over the last month.

Here's what's going to happen now, after having a somewhat lengthy discussion with Falcon on Facebook:
-Roster changes. There are three he wants made, and I don't care what people say, I'm complying with them. Geno and Bill Rizer should be added back in, and while he'd like Chun-Li to stay in it's not a huge issue if she doesn't. So three characters must be removed to make room. Neither of us are sure who's going to get the boot, but I'm sure a decision will be made soon. I'm honestly not sure if you guys will (or should) have any input on this matter, since we basically get to keep every other change we made to the roster. Which is a big plus, to be honest. He could've said "we're using the old roster guys, sorry for all the work you did going to waste", but he didn't. So don't complain.
-The Project: Crusade forum is going to be the "Community development" forum. Basically like SSF2's Expansion Forum, but for the actual game. Some boards will be removed to make sure the main forum is generally the most active, such as the general discussion board, the spam board, most game-related discussion forums, etc. What should be left are the team boards and probably the CrusaDLC discussion board.
-The main forum (Falcon hopes) will be the old old motionsforum, which is currently DMX's Open Source forum. That's where game-related discussion, general discussion, spam, etc. will be, as well as game announcements and such.
-HOPEFULLY this will be our last forum change.

Changes to the dev team are thus:
-I'm going back to what I was before, with a few added responsibilities. Testing, a bit of character coding (new), Dojo updates, forum moderation, Public Relations, stuff like that.
-Falcon will actually be the head developer this time around. Hopefully this will solve some issues.
-DMX will (once again) be doing spriting work. However, the Spriting Team will be helping out with the spriting as well.
-We really have no idea what Phantom's doing at the moment. Nor do we know if he'll keep working on the game.
-Werekill's long gone, lol. I'm keeping somewhat in touch with him over Facebook and SWF though. Looks like I'm his replacement. :p
-Graphics team should continue what they're doing, although he had one comment on the mugshots: They all have to be the same style. He first voiced concern with Captain Falcon's mugshot (I showed him C. Falcon's, Chun-Li's and Link's). The text should also be uniform, and I'll ask him what font to use.
-Felipe will probably keep coding stages, but ONLY those confirmed on the roster (which is probably going to stay the same as before, other stages can be added in DLC).
-Wiki team should continue what it's doing, but the wiki should be changed up so it's just the crusade wiki again, if only in logo and all that.

OP is in the process of being updated. Will be done in about a half hour.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Hmph...Rizer, really eh? And another thing Dettadeus, where the hell are you going to find Ezio Auditore sprites, I mean you would have better chances of finding Master Chief from Halo instead of a character from a VG series made not too long ago. I think that Ezio cannot be in the game because of the lack of sprites.

Have you also given that Child Link thing a thought. Hey, just trying to correct people on mispronunciation. Well, I can help you with this dilemma. Child Link makes no sense in hell when you have Toon Link, TOON LINK!

BTW, you really have to finalize the roster, as I said before, GM7 has a lot or even unlimited storage. You can have over 200 characters. But, hey that's what I am just saying.

LOL, my brother is doing a lot of bullcrap. He thinks he can make a comic out of sprites. He is a terrible artist, and I can see his logo, it says "Blaze Blade Comics Episode-I "The BBC Era". Not only does that suck, but I can see his sword *laughs* and he is just horrible at this.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Myself and Bro1st plan to sprite Ezio eventually. So there will be no need to borrow sprites from someone else.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
@ZSU: You know, there are these people called "spriters". They MAKE SPRITES. There currently isn't a (usable) R.O.B. sheet out there; in fact, I'm the one making it.
And by your logic, SSF2 wouldn't have even started because none of the characters had sprites that were up to their standards.
You need to proofread your posts. You're telling me I have to finalize the roster, when I'm pretty sure you want to be telling me I don't have to.
The Toon Link/Child Link/Young Link error will be fixed in the next update.
I don't know what your brother has to do with any of this. Keep off-topic discussion out of this thread.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Probably most of the character-specific changes will stay, although I don't know about L-Cancelling at the moment.
@Generic we've been over that like 17 times on the forum and you posted that here why?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so are you guys playing this with the keyboard or what?

because I'm thinking about hooking up my Xbox Controller to my PC if I can do that and play like that.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is interested in seeing my Little Mac sprites, come stop by the forum sometime. :D

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Because 1. She's already coded, 2. there ARE actually people who want her in, and 3. because we get to keep every other roster change we made, and I'm still confused why people hate me now just because we don't get to keep 3. I mean really. 3 characters isn't a big deal.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Changing roster grid size isn't a big deal too, yet it allows you to keep 3 characters.

The reason why we can't go over 80 characters is - let's call it straight - outright dumb. 2 characters (because Chun is already coded) to sprite and code won't make a big difference, because there are still 40 to make. And it's possible to just scale the icons down a bit to get more characters in the CSS.

But, well, whatever.

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
Because 1. She's already coded,
Big deal. If I was in Falcon's place, and I coded in, let's say, a goomba, and requested he'd return, would you do it?
2. there ARE actually people who want her in
There are many who want her in, and many (likely more) who want her out. Just put her in DLC, and it's fine.
3. because we get to keep every other roster change we made
But that is not enough! We made every single roster change together, for the first time as a community. EVER. Barely anybody wanted Bill Rizer in, and in the poll I made only on person wanted Geno in. If worst comes to worst, just use Jaklub's suggestion.
and I'm still confused why people hate me now just because we don't get to keep 3.
*points at above message* For the first time, we were a community. For the first time, the developers actually listened to us, and had us make everything as a team. But now? You don't care and making Falcon stay the head developer.
In the least, make two versions, this version, and our version. Please.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
@Det: What I meant was "You Really have to finalize the roster?" But anyways, you do need Capcom characters from NON-FIGHTING games. Characters like Leon S. Kennedy (go to TSR for sprites), Dante, or even OoA/OoS Link. Don't leave any good characters out.

I just noticed that Larxene has knives and can be a base for Ezio (but editing/removing Larxene's body parts). If Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Mewtwo are back, why not Young Link? You a hater? Oh, BTW Vaati needs to be replaced by Ghirahim, 'cuz Ghirahim is a better fighter.

Here are a few bugs with the game:
The game cannot be X'ed off.
It crashes every time I play.
Slow.

So, I think GM8.1 Pro would be better.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
@Det: What I meant was "You Really have to finalize the roster?" But anyways, you do need Capcom characters from NON-FIGHTING games. Characters like Leon S. Kennedy (go to TSR for sprites), Dante, or even OoA/OoS Link. Don't leave any good characters out.

I just noticed that Larxene has knives and can be a base for Ezio (but editing/removing Larxene's body parts). If Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Mewtwo are back, why not Young Link? You a hater? Oh, BTW Vaati needs to be replaced by Ghirahim, 'cuz Ghirahim is a better fighter.

Slow.

Wut

We dont

No

No

No

You clearly are high or dont know a **** of what are you talking about

==========================================================

Sneak Peaks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv8AsjAnPfY

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Big deal. If I was in Falcon's place, and I coded in, let's say, a goomba, and requested he'd return, would you do it?

There are many who want her in, and many (likely more) who want her out. Just put her in DLC, and it's fine.

But that is not enough! We made every single roster change together, for the first time as a community. EVER. Barely anybody wanted Bill Rizer in, and in the poll I made only on person wanted Geno in. If worst comes to worst, just use Jaklub's suggestion.

*points at above message* For the first time, we were a community. For the first time, the developers actually listened to us, and had us make everything as a team. But now? You don't care and making Falcon stay the head developer.
In the least, make two versions, this version, and our version. Please.
In order:
1. Pointless and senseless example.
2. I'm putting whoever is CUT in DLC, which is why I don't get the problem.
3. Yes, and 3 characters still isn't a big deal.
4. Falcon hasn't told me how to change everything. He knows the engine by heart, and even with Felipe, Jaklub and I spending weeks looking through the .gmk, we can't figure everything out. He should've been the head developer in the first place, but instead Phantom was head because he came up with the idea.
5. We don't need two versions. DLC. >_>

Slow.

-We have Capcom characters from non-fighting games. Megaman, Mike Haggar, and Phoenix Wright are all Capcom.
-Nobody's mentioned Young Link. Seems like having two Links is enough.
-Vaati vs Ghirahim: No. Vaati.
-There's this thing called the Escape Key. Please use it.
-So you ARE Graceless Assassin.
-You computer must suck then.
-The game's code isn't compatible with versions of GM past 7 because one of the most common scripts was changed with 8.0. Which makes the game not run.

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
In order:
1. Pointless and senseless example.
But Chun IS pointless as well. Barely any relevance to Nintendo and only important to Street Fighter. Goomba has at least appeared in many if not ALL Mario games, including spin-offs and other games that do not involve Mario.
But changing that to Koopa Troopa due to having limbs although it'd be rather simple to make a Goomba moveset.

2. I'm putting whoever is CUT in DLC, which is why I don't get the problem.
2. They have a chance of not having fighter profiles, they won't have a chance of being unlockable, "[they] are optional", etc.

3. Yes, and 3 characters still isn't a big deal.
You throw a tantrum with no reasons after people suggest you have 20 DLC chars instead of 25.
What.

4. Falcon hasn't told me how to change everything. He knows the engine by heart, and even with Felipe, Jaklub and I spending weeks looking through the .gmk, we can't figure everything out. He should've been the head developer in the first place, but instead Phantom was head because he came up with the idea.
Have you even asked him if you could just have his assistance without making his game?

5. We don't need two versions. DLC. >_>
You love that emoticon, don't you.

All DLC is is adding characters. The other version would exchange the characters the community hates, and replaces them with ones they actually want.

IKEUSER1

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble finding the file that I just downloaded, and I was really exited about this game. please help!!!!

IKEUSER1

Smash Rookie
okay I found the file, but when I press open it just closes out the window. Does it have somthing to do with the program 7-Zip File Manager?

Top Bottom