• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I've run it at full speed on both my netbook and on crappy school computers. What are your computer's specs? Do they match/surpass the ones in the OP?

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it doesn't perform differently from XP, Vista, or 7 as far as I can tell.

The only computer I have that can't run it only has 1.3 GHz and 512 MB of RAM. XD

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
The game is far from being slow. It runs at 60Fps ratio and his speed resemble melee physics more than brawl. The game is fast

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but my computer just runs it at 20-30 FPS. And it is a new Windows XP.

Maybe if they tried hard enough for making it run at 90 fps (Standard SSBM Speed), than surely it will run at 60 on mine then.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
...I'm pretty dang sure Melee runs at 60 frames per second, not 90... nothing runs at 90 nowadays...

New Windows XP is sort of an oxymoron at this point. I will once again point you to the minimum system requirements:
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
DirectX 8 or later
DirectX 8 compatible graphics card with at least 32MB of video memory
Pentium or equivalent processor
DirectX 8 compatible sound card
128 MB of memory or greater (noted only in official Game Maker help file documentation)
960×720 or greater screen resolution with 16-bit or 32-bit colors

ensane

Smash Apprentice
lolwut? 90 fps? That's so laughable I don't even have words for it.

Just list your system specs and we can tell if that's unusual or not.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Hey, if I can make a Young Link that is not a clone of Link or Toon Link, maybe Phantom7 will put Y. Link in.

Ghirahim has no sprites yet.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Phantom has pretty much shot down every suggestion that concerns the roster. And some of those at least made sense.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
omfg zelda YL.IS.NOT.A.CLONE.ON.CRUSADE
Young Link from OoT!

TMZ Fact:
Super Man Comics being redone. Super Man and his girlfriend never met, and look up in the sky, It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's Super Wang (penis). Yes, the underwear part of Super Man is gonzo now, now showing more Super Man than before. Super wang is revealed for the first time. Only the pants remain of Super Man.

When I tried telling my folks about this, I busted out laughing the first and 2nd times.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Well, if he wants it to be more like Melee, he has to drop Toon Link. This ain't my prob.

@Phantom7: What do ya have against clone characters, it's not like the end of the world will happen if you add them. You made Mario and Luigi (clones), and Lucario and Mewtwo.

@Developers: Toon (Child) Link actually is 17 or 19 Years old. Wind Waker intro says about an island (Outset) that made it customary garb boys that are the age of the Hero of Time, and were aspired to seek out legendary blades that banish evil. In that case, Child Link was a typo, and we all know that you all can find (or make) the REAL Young Link sprites.

@ensane: They are 3 DIFFERENT LINK'S (Well, 2 being the same, one being different)

One More Thing, WHY NOT USE SPRITES FROM SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE, SUPER SMASH FLASH 1 USED THEM!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
More like melee in GAMEPLAY terms, not in roster terms. And by arguing, you're making it your problem.
Do you even know what you're talking about? Luigi is FAR from being a clone of Mario now. Lucario wasn't a clone of Mewtwo to start with; their movesets were completely different save for their neutral special.
And we DON'T need a third Link, end of story. No characters that are already complete will be taken off the roster, so that means neither can be replaced either.

And does it look like we're trying to be like Super Smash Flash?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
This is the tierlist i did based on the data that i recolected:

EDIT 2:

SS Tier

1- Fox
2- Goku

A Tier

3-Meta Knight
4-Krystal
5-Lucario

B tier

6-Toon Link
7-Mach Rider
8-Luigi
9-Tails
10-Saki
11-Lucas

C tier

12Snake
13-Waluigi
14-Captain Falcon
15-Mario
16-Ryu/Evil Ryu
17-Ristar

D Tier

18-Wario
19-ZSS
20-Samus
21-Mewtwo
22-Pikachu
23-Ness

E Tier

24-Sonic
25-Toad
26-Jigglypuff
27-Knuckles
28-Peach

F Tier
29-Megaman
30.Kirby
31-Bomberman
32-Link

G(arbage) Tier

33.Yoshi

Subject to changes, if you ahve question of "why he is so low???" feel free to ask.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Lol, the other tier list was the personal opinion of zelda xDDDD

at least is more accurate than zelda one ( we have to adjust some characters on top tier and other on bottom and the tier list will be ready)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
We didn't argue half as much about ZS's tier list than we are with yours. There's a lot of issues with it.
I'm actually leaning towards neglecting a tier list for 0.6 and just waiting for 0.7 or later. This obviously isn't working well.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
This is going well imo, we are balancing the characters. (notice how nobody care about the dramatic bomberman dropoff xDDD)

DaviD DaW15

Smash Cadet
ZeldaSmash made a good and acceptable tier list for 0.6! ZS's Tier list isn't a self experiens/personal ranking list. THIS IS A FACT.
Example: His Main character is Link and Knux.
Knuckels is placed 23 and Link is placed 13.

Btw,He showed his personal Tier List for all Smash games. In 64,Melee and Brawl Link was 1st.
So,Stop complaning about the List. It IS a good list and a true list too.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I am not complaining, i just created a tier list more accord to the reality. Link sucks. That cannon be negated. I already explained why it sucks on the forums :p

It was not accurate, bomberman now is 32 and nobody complains about it. if you think a (-20) is normal between 2 list, you are wrong.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Well, personally, I think the tier list should have Knuckles as 3rd Place, Link in First, Goku in 2nd, and Meta Knight as 2nd to last (before Samus).

I don't see any change in the tier lists. Just saying.

Adventure Mode (v0.8 Demo, duh):

Look like Melee's, except longer.
Should have bosses, especially Xaldin (guy looks freakin' awesome)

Should be:
1. Mushroom Kingdom (Goombas, Koopas, Yoshi Team x12)
2. Peach's Castle (Mario/Luigi, Peach)
3. Kongo Jungle (Mini DK x2)
4. Jungle Japes (Giant DK)
5. Spirit Temple (ReDead, Anubis, Keese, Darknuts, Gomess)
6. Inside the Great Deku Tree (Deku Baba, Skulltula, Gohma)
7. Hyrule Castle (Link, Toon Link)
8. Vegetable Valley (Kirby x30)
8b. Giant Kirby Fight
9. Planet Zebes (Samus, Ridley)
10. Battlefield (Metal Mario/Luigi, Dark Link)
11. Final Destination SSBB (Organization XIII)
11b. Station of Awakening/Dive into the Heart (Roxas)
12. Final Destination SSBC (x30 Crusade Characters)
12b. Giga Bowser Boss Fight

Look up Gomess, and Anubis on Zeldapedia, if confused about what they are.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
@Your tier list: Um. No. You wanna see the discussions we have about why Knuckles is that low? Go right ahead. The most obvious point is that his attacks are insanely laggy, short-ranged and all around slow. Can't kill if you can't hit. It's like almost every one of his KO attacks is a Falcon Punch but less epic and harder to kill with.

And there are generally only a few characters that change at all on the tier lists. We can all agree that Goku and Krystal are the top, while Yoshi, Snake and Kirby are among the ones at the bottom. The most fluctuating characters seem to be Bomberman and Link.

And IMO your "original" Adventure Mode ideas aren't very good in the least. Not to mention that there's 3 link stages, which is more than any other series gets.
Metal Mario and Dark Link are part of Classic, so I doubt they'd be part of Adventure.
For the last time there are no Kingdom Hearts characters on the roster. It would make negative sense to have anything from Kingdom Hearts in the game. Stop insisting on this because it's not going to happen.
There isn't a Brawl version of Final Destination in the game, nor is there planned to be. You must've seen one of Felipe's mods and gotten confused.
We don't know if Giga Bowser will be in the game at all.

Maybe you should do some actual thinking before giving more Adventure Mode suggestions. Mainly on the topic of no Kingdom Hearts related anything.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I believe Krystal is top 5, but definitely not better then Fox and Metaknight in my opinion, and I don't see why you guys have Goku so high, but okay.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Look at Meta Knight: He has no projectiles. Look at Krystal: She has three (two useful ones and a crappy one), one of which stuns the opponent and the other is exactly like Toon Link's Boomerang but larger. Krystal's jab attack is enough to outrange Meta Knight completely, her U-Tilt and U-Smash can stop aerial approaches, and her projectiles are dangerous enough to keep Meta Knight at bay. That's just Krystal vs Meta Knight though. Across the entire cast, Krystal can do pretty much the exact same thing to every character as she can do to Meta Knight. Meta Knight's Mach Tornado also got nerfed to the point that it's at the opposite side of the "useful attack" spectrum from where it was in Brawl.

Also, play against a level 9 Goku and then play against any other level 9 (perhaps Meta Knight or Fox) and then see if you can notice the difference.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Level 9's don't prove how good the character is.

I feel Krystal is a strong character, but her stun projectile is slow and easy to block on reaction at any distance. So I don't feel it's THAT strong of a tool besides when edgeguarding characters with a recovery they can't cancel or is slow(like snake).

Also, are you guys going to add stock matches with a timer?

Tornado needs to be buffed btw, it's completely useless atm, and he gets punished for using it correctly, wtf? Either buff it, or give him a new move completely.

Powershielding window needs to be bigger(4-8 frames), it's currently way to small to be done consistently even with practice.

Please take my opinions into consideration, you don't have to actually do it, but atleast think about what I'm saying when I post. I believe this game has a solid future once it gets done.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Level 9's don't prove how good the character is.

I feel Krystal is a strong character, but her stun projectile is slow and easy to block on reaction at any distance. So I don't feel it's THAT strong of a tool besides when edgeguarding characters with a recovery they can't cancel or is slow(like snake).

Also, are you guys going to add stock matches with a timer?

Tornado needs to be buffed btw, it's completely useless atm, and he gets punished for using it correctly, wtf? Either buff it, or give him a new move completely.

Powershielding window needs to be bigger(4-8 frames), it's currently way to small to be done consistently even with practice.

Please take my opinions into consideration, you don't have to actually do it, but atleast think about what I'm saying when I post. I believe this game has a solid future once it gets done.
^^ This

Oh wait, they are not going to listen you because they think Link should be higher because is their man (or krystal, or goku etc)

True Story. you cant discuss about AT with people who thinks Wavedash is a glitch xP.

EDIT:Sorry i am being harsh but i am full of the people who believe that si right when they are completely wrong

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
@det:
1. I saw the Final Destination SSBB Icon and Preview. (I have been looking through files)
2. Are you talking about Metal Mario in Crusade or Melee, cause if Melee, he is on both Classic and Adventure.
3. Dark Link appears on Event 18.
4. If there are no Kingdom Hearts characters, the game will be sorta lame, y'know?

BTW, Phantom7 could have used the Unreal 3 Engine, or what Cleod has. Just saying.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
@det:
1. I saw the Final Destination SSBB Icon and Preview. (I have been looking through files)
2. Are you talking about Metal Mario in Crusade or Melee, cause if Melee, he is on both Classic and Adventure.
3. Dark Link appears on Event 18.
4. If there are no Kingdom Hearts characters, the game will be sorta lame, y'know?

BTW, Phantom7 could have used the Unreal 3 Engine, or what Cleod has. Just saying.
In order:
There isn't going to be a brawl version of the stage officially playable though. >_>
Metal Mario or Dark Link can be fought near the end of Classic Mode in Crusade.
That doesn't have any relevance at the moment.
No. I don't know because I couldn't care less about Kingdom Hearts. But you're of course entitled to your own opinion. Having one series unrepresented doesn't ruin the entire fangame.

And Falcon made his own engine from scratch. I don't even know what you're talking about here.

@Vex:
True, but there's still a noticeable difference in difficulty between Meta Knight and Ganondorf in Brawl, is there not? The same can be said for Crusade. Goku is noticeably more difficult to beat than most other characters.
Her Demon Sniper on its own is difficult to hit with but there's quite a few setups to get it to hit, most involving her S-Special (Staff Boomerang). After it hits once you can time consecutive hits to chain it.
I think Stock matches with a timer wouldn't be difficult to do.

@Felipe:
Says the guy who wants Fox to be number 1 and Lucas to be much higher up than he should be.
I don't think Wavedashing is a glitch. >_> The term is "physics exploit".
And last I checked only one person mains Goku in the first place.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
In order:
There isn't going to be a brawl version of the stage officially playable though. >_>
Metal Mario or Dark Link can be fought near the end of Classic Mode in Crusade.
That doesn't have any relevance at the moment.
No. I don't know because I couldn't care less about Kingdom Hearts. But you're of course entitled to your own opinion. Having one series unrepresented doesn't ruin the entire fangame.

And Falcon made his own engine from scratch. I don't even know what you're talking about here.

@Vex:
True, but there's still a noticeable difference in difficulty between Meta Knight and Ganondorf in Brawl, is there not? The same can be said for Crusade. Goku is noticeably more difficult to beat than most other characters.
Her Demon Sniper on its own is difficult to hit with but there's quite a few setups to get it to hit, most involving her S-Special (Staff Boomerang). After it hits once you can time consecutive hits to chain it.
I think Stock matches with a timer wouldn't be difficult to do.

@Felipe:
Says the guy who wants Fox to be number 1 and Lucas to be much higher up than he should be.
I don't think Wavedashing is a glitch. >_> The term is "physics exploit".
And last I checked only one person mains Goku in the first place.
Have anybody sayd anything agains my arguments??? No because they are true. Fox is top tier and so far nobody have sayd anything to say that is false. Lucas have an infinite no?? it hink you sayd something about it.

And as i sayd before, metaknight is better thank Krystal (As vex sayd) and goku is not top tier (As vex sayd) so if you think we are wrong (since we play melee/brawl before everyone in Crusade forums) then say why we are wrong.

Top Bottom