• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Other volunteers, we'll get to you shortly.
We are currently busy with an internal conflict with an ex-member.
I think I know who this is about. Care to PM me? :/

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Yo guys I whipped up a sleeping sprite for Kirby real quick. Nothing special, just burning some creative steam.

Here's a dev pic:

aaand here are the two animations I did. I like the two frame one better, but the four frame animation is fine too.

2 Frame:

4 Frame:

Just asking, whats that program and where do you get it? I'm tired of using Paint to make sprites.

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
Just asking, whats that program and where do you get it? I'm tired of using Paint to make sprites.
This program is PyxelEdit. It's more useful for tilesets or animations, but otherwise it's like Paint. It doesn't have some options I like such as horizontal or vertical flipping, but you can still rotate and move stuff around like more with the Select tool. It's really compact and simple, which is nice. You can get it for $9 or more (if you choose to support the creator even more) over on their website if you look up PyxelEdit.

Another program I use is GraphicsGale, which is a program that is also good, but not as good, with animations. It has some problems with transparency, but otherwise it's a great tool and is basically the Photoshop of pixel art.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Just so you fellows know, I'll leak the group's NSFW Skype Chats for the right price.

For payment I take puns and knock-knock jokes.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
After all this time, we've finally been able to make a trailer!

We hope you enjoy!

Fun Fact: I originally accidentally posted a video there called "Shrek Caused 9/11," because I copied the link for one of our Skype chats, but I guess when I copied the Sonic commercial the first time, it didn't work, so for a solid 2 minutes, that right there was a video of Shrek causing 9/11. But I removed it and replaced it with the Sonic commercial like originally intended, so I didn't get banned.

Also, and behind-the-scenes inside scoop on the Smash Bros Unity workplace.
I kid you not, this is real.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I was updating my Dojo post under the OP, when I saw
A demo is currently in works, using preliminary sprites. The demo is expected near Fall 2014, although it may be delayed if necessary.

Lol.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
New Stages
- Bob-Omb Battlefield
- Boxing Ring
- Flying Machine
I'm confused, back when you guys where doing a pick of the day sort of thing you announced a stage based on the Bronx training parts from Punch-out, is this it? Or is this a new boxing ring-type stage?
EDIT: Wait, is this the Dedede boxing ring in the picture in the OP?

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm confused, back when you guys where doing a pick of the day sort of thing you announced a stage based on the Bronx training parts from Punch-out, is this it? Or is this a new boxing ring-type stage?
EDIT: Wait, is this the Dedede boxing ring in the picture in the OP?
Sorry, I got our Mt. Dedede confused with Smash 4's Boxing Ring. And The Bronx is a stage.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
This still exists?

Well, if you need the help of someone who has never programmed, sprited, or anything like that, ever, PM me.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
I'm still around if you need playtesters and/or voiceovers. I check this thread every once in a while haha

The Dom Bomb

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm really liking what I've seen so far with this game, and I'd love to help with it in any way I can. I was wondering if you'd like me to do a french translation. As a french Canadian who's spoken both languages since 5 years of age, I'm 100% certain I could do it. I'd also like to audition for the voice of the announcer, with my sexy baritone voice :)

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
Hey guys, I'm really liking what I've seen so far with this game, and I'd love to help with it in any way I can. I was wondering if you'd like me to do a french translation. As a french Canadian who's spoken both languages since 5 years of age, I'm 100% certain I could do it. I'd also like to audition for the voice of the announcer, with my sexy baritone voice :)
I'm still around if you need playtesters and/or voiceovers. I check this thread every once in a while haha
Yo go ahead dud. I'll see if I can get you in if you'll be on in around 6 hours or so

Last edited:

The Dom Bomb

Smash Rookie
Oh boy, that's sweet. So I'll record myself doing the announcer voice, and then if you guys just send me a script or something I can translate it!

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
I could be a playtester if you still need any...of course, that's if you need any.
We're still working on getting a playable demo out there, as the project has recently gotten back on it's feet. Stay tuned and we'll hopefully have a one character demo in a month or so!

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
A 1 character demo? Oh boy, I love only being able to play as Mario or any other character from the original 8 that I don't like.
Also, I forgot to check an alert for this thread and I though for a while it was dead, lol.

The Dom Bomb

Smash Rookie
A 1 character demo? Oh boy, I love only being able to play as Mario or any other character from the original 8 that I don't like.
Also, I forgot to check an alert for this thread and I though for a while it was dead, lol.
Somebody doesn't quite understand how much work goes into a game...

Last edited:

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
We plan for a 4 character to 8 character game release at the beginning of the summer.

Sorry, we're trying our best. I recently got into this group and it was falling apart imo. We're all really busy with midterms and other irl business, but we try and get together to get progress done as much as we can. Please understand.

Edit: I am literally Satan

Last edited:

The Dom Bomb

Smash Rookie
We plan for a 4 character to 8 character game release at the beginning of the summer.

Sorry, we're trying our best. I recently got into this group and it was falling apart imo. We're all really busy with midterms and other irl business, but we try and get together to get progress done as much as we can. Please understand.
Omg post 666. Satanic! Lol. But honestly I wouldn't apologize, he was being quite rude.

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Don't take my word for granted, I just though the idea of releasing a demo with only 1 character strange, I never experienced development hell to see how much time it takes to make a character, but I understand each and every character needs to have polish, it probably takes weeks, maybe months to make characters be at they're finest and look good, so sorry for my rudeness and ignorance before.

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
Don't take my word for granted, I just though the idea of releasing a demo with only 1 character strange, I never experienced development hell to see how much time it takes to make a character, but I understand each and every character needs to have polish, it probably takes weeks, maybe months to make characters be at they're finest and look good, so sorry for my rudeness and ignorance before.
This will be a closed beta of sorts only available to select playtesters who are hopefully very observant and knowledgeable of other Smash games in order to give us the best and most important feedback we can get so we can make our game as refined as possible.

Last edited:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
I can almost guarantee it'd be Mario.
Yeah, I know that Mario is the iconic guy, but he wouldn't really do a very good job at showing off the game compared to a newcomer. Same story for if the only stage was Final Destionation or Battlefield.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah, I know that Mario is the iconic guy, but he wouldn't really do a very good job at showing off the game compared to a newcomer. Same story for if the only stage was Final Destionation or Battlefield.
A one-character demo wouldn't be meant to show off the game. Hell, we wouldn't even be releasing it to the general public, so there would be no point to show off.

It would be meant to have the playtesters test the game's overall speed and physics, and give us feedback, so we can change it if needed before becoming invested in other characters (that we would need to go back and change) and letting the public play the game.

I wouldn't even consider the one-character demo to really be a demo. It's pretty much just a Physics Test.

Last edited:

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
A one-character demo wouldn't be meant to show off the game. Hell, we wouldn't even be releasing it to the general public, so there would be no point to show off.

It would be meant to have the playtesters test the game's overall speed and physics, and give us feedback, so we can change it if needed before becoming invested in other characters (that we would need to go back and change) and letting the public play the game.

I wouldn't even consider the one-character demo to really be a demo. It's pretty much just a Physics Test.
It's a demo. Demoing what's to come. It's also to build a bit more hype and show we have something lined up.

Either way, to answer @ N noahk777 we will be having new characters show up in the near future, so please stay connected and check for updates in the new topic we'll be making.

Last edited:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk

Okay then. In that case, it could pretty much be the Meme Runner for it and everything be fine?

Top Bottom