• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I've been hyped for this game for a long time and I still am... The sprites just look too beautiful, probably better than Super Smash Flash 2.

Elpaso29

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't say that's better than smash flash's , but I will say it is like comparing apples and oranges. these are actually really nice and have a uniform style and I can respect that. I look forward to seeing what unity can present next.

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
I wouldn't say that's better than smash flash's , but I will say it is like comparing apples and oranges. these are actually really nice and have a uniform style and I can respect that. I look forward to seeing what unity can present next.
Artistically Smash Flash 2 has very flat colors and overall worse lineart. Still, what they have isn't necessarily bad; it's not just up to some pixel artists' standards such as mine.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
So I messaged @ APC99 APC99 with a request to playtest Unity... I answered all the questions, he liked my message and I got no reply. Does that mean the request was declined?

Last edited:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Y'know, we still don't know the red + yellow thing. Would any of the developers care to tell about that? Or do we still have to wait a bit?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Y'know, we still don't know the red + yellow thing. Would any of the developers care to tell about that? Or do we still have to wait a bit?
The 2 stars are red and yellow.
Red an yellow together is orange.
Orange Star.
I won't elaborate further.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly that just gives it away. I don't think you'll ever really get it if you haven't already. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wooooow

Now you're REALLY giving it away...so much for a surprise. :/

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Wooooow

Now you're REALLY giving it away...so much for a surprise. :/
Not much more than it was already given.
It was hardly a surprise in the first place.
There is still the surprise of which one, though I know who I'm betting on.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not much more than it was already given.
It was hardly a surprise in the first place.
There is still the surprise of which one, though I know who I'm betting on.
I still suggest editing out what you said both there and in previous posts.

APC's gonna be royally pissed if he sees his work being spoiled so carelessly...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I still suggest editing out what you said both there and in previous posts.

APC's gonna be royally pissed if he sees his work being spoiled so carelessly...
... But the dev team posted the spoiler.
Nevertheless, I edited the last post I made.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
False. I just Googled Orange Star and it came up with plants and airline companys.
You don't get it, do you?
The character is obviously Team Unity's new OC, Planey the Plane Plant.
:substitute:

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
False. I just Googled Orange Star and it came up with plants and airline companys.
What type of product would you expect "Orange Star" references, considering his is a smash fan game? Try a more specific search.

On another note, I recently got Shovel Knight.
Oh. My. God. This game is incredible.
@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof , @ APC99 APC99 , @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER , @the Rest of The Unity dev team, I was wrong. I questioned why you would choose a seemingly random Indy game character for your game. I now understand totally, Shovel Knight is practically an Honorary Nintendo character. Upon playing this fantastic game, I immediately began imagining how Shovel Knight content would work in smash.

I even came up with a specials only moveset:
Neutral Special: Chaos Orb, bounces back and forth for a while, can hit enemies multiple times.
Side Special: Dust Knuckles, quick start up into a multi hit combo if it lands, but has large endlag if it misses.
Up special: Propeller Dagger, unlike in the original game goes at a slight upwards diagonal angle, but is still a better horizontal recovery.
Down Special:Can't decide between the Throwing Anchor and the Mobile Gear, both would be really great moves.
It's probably futile for me to ask how close I am to the planned unity moveset, but I may as well try.

Am I close?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
What type of product would you expect "Orange Star" references, considering his is a smash fan game? Try a more specific search.

@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof , @ APC99 APC99 , @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER , @the Rest of The Unity dev team, I was wrong. I questioned why you would choose a seemingly random Indy game character for your game. I now understand totally, Shovel Knight is practically an Honorary Nintendo character. Upon playing this fantastic game, I immediately began imagining how Shovel Knight content would work in smash.

Neutral Special: Chaos Orb, bounces back and forth for a while, can hit enemies multiple times.
Side Special: Dust Knuckles, quick start up into a multi hit combo if it lands, but has large endlag if it misses.
Up special: Propeller Dagger, unlike in the original game goes at a slight upwards diagonal angle, but is still a better horizontal recovery.
Down Special:Can't decide between the Throwing Anchor and the Mobile Gear, both would be really great moves.
It's probably futile for me to ask how close I am to the planned unity moveset, but I may as well try.

Am I close?
Don't want to make this a big deal, but you don't have to tag me.
I quit over a month ago.

I didn't say anything about in on the thread because I didn't want to draw attention to myself and make it seem like I'm important, but whatever.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Don't want to make this a big deal, but you don't have to tag me.
I quit over a month ago.

I didn't say anything about in on the thread because I didn't want to draw attention to myself and make it seem like I'm important, but whatever.
I thought you were still a tester?
Regardless, you were part of the decision to include Shovel Knight. I just wanted to say I really get the choice.
Also wanted to ask if my moveset was close or, at the very least, if y'all liked it.

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
I thought you were still a tester?
Regardless, you were part of the decision to include Shovel Knight. I just wanted to say I really get the choice.
Also wanted to ask if my moveset was close or, at the very least, if y'all liked it.
It's getting there in terms of closeness, but we don't want to reveal our full moveset at the moment. Thanks for being a fan :D Happy Shaq Day

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk

Am I close?
You just got it too? I just got it like 4 days ago. It is just SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD.

Except the awkward controls for using the shovel bounce.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Haven't heard any news about this game for a while... What's going on?

Top Bottom