• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Okay then. In that case, it could pretty much be the Meme Runner for it and everything be fine?
I know you haven't been able to tell obvious jokes from actual announcements in the past, so let me just clarify this again.

Announcing Meme Runner was a stupid joke I made because I was bored.
We aren't having Meme Runner, Elsa, or Billy Freakin' Mays.
Take that as an official DE-confirmation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
InB4 DLC movement for the four disconfirmed characters.

I'm just wondering though. When are the playtesters decided? Like, the applications were a while ago, and I know you guys won't have them do anything yet obviously, but I just wanted to know if they were decided or not yet. :p Blame my morbid curiosity, haha.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
InB4 DLC movement for the four disconfirmed characters.

I'm just wondering though. When are the playtesters decided? Like, the applications were a while ago, and I know you guys won't have them do anything yet obviously, but I just wanted to know if they were decided or not yet. :p Blame my morbid curiosity, haha.
I would imagine they will be decided when we have something to share, still a little heavy into the early development process. Once we have something that is workable, more news regarding that will probably come out.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
I know you haven't been able to tell obvious jokes from actual announcements in the past, so let me just clarify this again.

Yeah, I know hes not in, just making a joke as well.

But wait, no Billy Mays on Ridley? I know he was a joke, but since hes become such a meme in this thread....

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
But wait, no Billy Mays on Ridley? I know he was a joke, but since hes become such a meme in this thread....
A joke that was mentioned once or twice isn't really a meme.

Please understand, making a character takes a lot of time, and we aren't going to waste the time we could be spending making a character a lot of people want on Billy Mays of all things.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
A joke that was mentioned once or twice isn't really a meme.

Please understand, making a character takes a lot of time, and we aren't going to waste the time we could be spending making a character a lot of people want on Billy Mays of all things.
I see.... though if you do add Ridley, hes gotta have the Mays costume.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I see.... though if you do add Ridley, hes gotta have the Mays costume.
Except that'd make zero sense and take too much effort for a model switch. It'd be borderline impossible to keep the hitboxes intact.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Don't wanna act unprofessional and start any fights, but......

I'm sorry, this joke was too overused not to make.
Fix'd

The fact that I said Please Understand in my post was already the joke. No need to post it again.

Last edited:

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
There would be more support if there was actually anything showing up from the devs themselves

It's been over a year and there hasn't been any sneak peek of the actual game in motion. I know it's difficult to cope with lack of sprites, but you can get a prototype going even with placeholders in a much shorter timeframe than that.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There would be more support if there was actually anything showing up from the devs themselves

It's been over a year and there hasn't been any sneak peek of the actual game in motion. I know it's difficult to cope with lack of sprites, but you can get a prototype going even with placeholders in a much shorter timeframe than that.
(I understand that, I'm just trying to drum up support for their team anyway. I may not be there anymore, but I can sure as sugar support them still.)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No new replies here.... I would've thought there would be. C'mon guys, support Unity!
There's no actual reason for people to reply right now. We didn't make an announcement or anything.

Stop trying to get back on our good side with cringe-worthy compliments.

You have your own Smash Fan-Game. Plz stay there.

We apologize for the lack of anything.
While this isn't an official announcement, I can say that there is a very high chance that we will have something playable in the next two months (by the end of March), even if it is just a one character demo.

We have recently had a new spriter, @ ZaoMonichi ZaoMonichi , join our team, and he is proving to be very useful.

Some of us who haven't done much lately, myself included, are starting to learn Unity, so we can help code when the time comes.

Stay tuned for further things I guess. :/

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm not trying to get back on your good side. I'm just trying to support you guys.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

/unintentional reference

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
That sounds pretty crude being aimed at someone attempting to support you.
If you hate the guy so much,why would you apparently visit a thread he frequents solely to harass him?
That is not logical.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
*the views of a specific member do not represent the whole team*
source: me and the rest of the unity team

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
That sounds pretty crude being aimed at someone attempting to support you.
If you hate the guy so much,why would you apparently visit a thread he frequents solely to harass him?
That is not logical.
Please remove the quote in your post.
I take back what I said. I'm sorry.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you need spriters you could try asking around on the Spriters Resource forums if you haven't yet.

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
You guys don't already have something down?
Unfortunately we can't get our coder to respond, however we will be coming with a visual demo very soon! Just to show off a bit with the animations we have done and all.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Unfortunately we can't get our coder to respond, however we will be coming with a visual demo very soon! Just to show off a bit with the animations we have done and all.
Regardless, I've asked around the Spriter's Resource. Without at least a little something of playability, they won't let you request sprites.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh well yeah, that's understandable. I thought the only thing you guys still needed were spriters.

So... uh... best of luck...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Oh well yeah, that's understandable. I thought the only thing you guys still needed were spriters.

So... uh... best of luck...
Thanks, we're going to need it.

There's been a lot of progress in general, lately, amongst other things, so I'm hoping we'll finally have something worth showing soon.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Is this game still developing? I'm hyped for the playtesting in March. It might hold me over until Mewtwo.

Don't make hack this. I will hack it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
/20 days later i actually see this

Out of curiosity, who is your coder?

I know some people around the internet. I *might* be able to find you guys a new coder if you're desperately needing to replace your previous one.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
/20 days later i actually see this

Out of curiosity, who is your coder?

I know some people around the internet. I *might* be able to find you guys a new coder if you're desperately needing to replace your previous one.
We do have 2 new coders already, but if you could find someone else to have in addition to the ones we have, that would be great.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Just so you people know, we do have a little tiny demo that's just Mario running and jumping around, so I guess you could say we have an early-alpha thing.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just so you people know, we do have a little tiny demo that's just Mario running and jumping around, so I guess you could say we have an early-alpha thing.
Would you be able to show that off? I'm curious how Unity looks so far. Considering both ourselves and Unity are going a bit opposite in terms of how to start, it'd be nice to see how you'll be handling it. I'd love to see those Mario customs in action.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm getting hyped for this. I'm still on the playtester list, right?

Top Bottom