• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
when geno gets in to ssb5
gets in to ssb5
ssb5
This IS a SSB5 picture. Leaked pictures. They go for a Brawl style. Geno and Mallow look like Toon Link and Kirby to troll people. Also in this game, Goku, Shrek, and some guy from TV are playable. Zamus gets a nude costume.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wonder if an update will be ready by Christmas. Gotta have that star to put on the tree. :p

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I am so excited for this project's first playable demo. Seriously hyped for it.

And that Red + Yellow Star character? Ohhhh boyyy.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Who knows??
Who really knows???

This Astronomical shape of the color of fruit has proven to be quite the dilemma for many to guess. This character must be from some niche franchise nobody knows about, I can only imagine the wars to be had between users to determine who such a character could be.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All this time you were adding your OC...Orange the Starhog. All this time...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All of you fumbling around trying to guess the character has me agitated. I'm just gonna leak it right now.
The name of the game is Super Smash Bros. Unity. :troll:

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm just gonna flat-out say this right now.

We have almost no spriters.
We have a coder, and a bunch of design people, but the thing we really need is spriters.

Seriously, once we have some more spriters, the demo would be out lickety split.

If you know anyone who can sprite, please tell them to send a PM to APC99!

Also, @ Shadic Shadic , I think it would be appropriate if you moved this thread to that Developer category. That wasn't there when we first made this thread.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
You could also try poking around the Spriters' Resource for people that might be interested

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I don't want to be that guy who calls out people, but I'm waiting for @ APC99 APC99 to make a thread on VG Resource.
The won't allow anyone to make requests like that unless they're commisions or the person requesting has at least a month old account and more than 20 posts.

we need to abuse @ SchAlternate SchAlternate and lure people in from vg resources
Ugh. I really don't think that'll be a good idea anyway. I don't think anyone would be convinced to assist us (specially after discontinuing their Smash fangame because they realize it was going nowhere).

But I mean, hey, it's worth a shot, I guess.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
The won't allow anyone to make requests like that unless they're commisions or the person requesting has at least a month old account and more than 20 posts.

Ugh. I really don't think that'll be a good idea anyway. I don't think anyone would be convinced to assist us (specially after discontinuing their Smash fangame because they realize it was going nowhere).

But I mean, hey, it's worth a shot, I guess.
twas a joke, but I understand. Not many people would be willing to join into "just another fangame", no matter what we show.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Eh..... well, to help with the spriting, how about, how like now the title is ''Super Smash Bros. Unity (Want to playtest? Sign up now before we have to delay it again!)'' you could have something about needing spriters.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
"Super Smash Bros. Unity (We need spriters! Sign up now so we don't have to delay it!)"

Boom. Just copy paste it and make me head developer of making titles. Trust me, I'm a genius.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I've seen the last pages of this thread and I have to say, you guys are putting a lot of effort in this game and since you guys need a spriter and I consider myself a good spriter I'd enter to help you guys out and make this great game.
Now, here are some sprites I've made:

This is from a game that I started but just quit doing, it's kind of old.

This one is more recent and I made it for a moveset for the ghosts, I haven't finished or done a spritesheet.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
All it took was a little bit of self-loathing to get people to come forth
Dat avatar tho.

Also, I'd like to announce a new character.

image.jpg

Meme Runner.

We hope that he, along with Shovel Knight, will truly represent some of the creativeness and ingenuity that comes out of the Wii U eShop's community of dedicated independent developers, who put so much times and effort into making masterpieces, instead of throwing together some crappy mobile game with pictures found on Google Images.

Jk. He's not in.

Last edited:

StayPuft

Smash Rookie
NNID
cellularsp
Meme run character

pros: can literally put him together within an hour with google image search

cons: ruin any credibility your game had forever

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll be damned, come back to Smashboards for 5 minutes, check the dev forum, and low and behold ya'll are actually doing it. Huge congratulations from a former team member, I wish you all the best of luck and hope to see you make great progress. Miss you guys. :love:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Y'know, it was since that the title was changed that people came forth to sprite. And the title change was my idea.

I AM YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR.

Also, Meme Runner:

Neutral special: Shoots an arrow at the opponent's knee.

Up special: Does a barrel roll.

Down special: FALCOON PAWNCH

Side special: Opponent faces the rainbows.

Final Smash: Half Life 3 is confirmed.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
To any spriters applying:

There are a few of you who've already done this, but please send me a PM with examples of your work and such, it'll be a lot easier for us to organize it that way. We're trying to respond as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

Smash4Kart8

Smash Rookie
.......Bruh

Just read a couple pages of this thread.

That'll probably answer your question.
I'm not a newby to this format, but thanks. I've gone through a few pages (including the first one), with nothing saying that there is one, just mentions of what's wanted for a beta. I assume that there's not one, yet.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm not a newby to this format, but thanks. I've gone through a few pages (including the first one), with nothing saying that there is one, just mentions of what's wanted for a beta. I assume that there's not one, yet.
A lot of the first few pages of this thread are completely outdated.

They are from when I was "leader" and made announcements willy nilly, without even having a plan for the game's development.

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
Yo guys I whipped up a sleeping sprite for Kirby real quick. Nothing special, just burning some creative steam.

Here's a dev pic:

aaand here are the two animations I did. I like the two frame one better, but the four frame animation is fine too.

2 Frame:

4 Frame:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Yo guys I whipped up a sleeping sprite for Kirby real quick. Nothing special, just burning some creative steam.

Here's a dev pic:

aaand here are the two animations I did. I like the two frame one better, but the four frame animation is fine too.

2 Frame:

4 Frame:

That needs to be a taunt.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Meme run character

pros: can literally put him together within an hour with google image search

cons: ruin any credibility your game had forever
id like to take a moment to share with the world that sp created meme runner before it was even a thing

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Here's a dev pic:

2 Frame:

4 Frame:

These are pretty good.
image.jpg

Other volunteers, we'll get to you shortly.
We are currently busy with an internal conflict with an ex-member.

Top Bottom