• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Given that this is a fan project, you guys have free reign over who to include in this game. I'm a little sick of all these other fan games trying to be 'sooper-profeshinal' by only including Nintendo characters and such. Just go nuts.

BTW, Billy Mays needs to be in the game now you've joked about it. Unlockable character, maybe?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
BREAKING NEWS!​

I'd like to quickly announce some things have changed a bit. First up, the sprite resolution is being upped a bit at the request of spriters. This means that sprites may take longer now... We have no idea when our demo will be released, but the spriters are attempting to get work done, and I'm even using my subpar drawing skills to help out.

With this update, another thing has been changed too: The v.01 roster. Originally, we planned on keeping it quite simple: 15 veterans, and 5 newcomers. However, most of the fun from these games comes from the newcomers. Sure, you may occasionally play Mario and Link in Crusade or SSF2, but why play them when you can fight them as Sora, or Crash Bandicoot? So, while we had 15 veterans planned out, we're removing 3 of them for the time being and allowing newcomers to join the fight! Don't worry, we still plan on attempting to include them eventually, but there's much more interesting new movesets and characters to cover.

Besides that, the newcomers have changed a bit as well. While Shovel Knight stays, most of the other newcomers are being saved for later. In their place, we're proud to announce that we will see Dr. Robotnik and Balloon Fighter enter the fight this time! Since we've already planned out their mechanics and such, only teasing them would be incredibly stupid.

And with that, I show you again the characters planned for our demo that we've announced:

Kirby.png
Shovel Knight.png

We'll try to update soon once we get more spriting done, we still have 3 veterans and 5 newcomers still left to announce!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
For the record, it was my idea to rethink the 0.1 Roster.

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
To each his own, I guess.

(Just you wait, we got a few new ideas for the Hero of Time that'll make him fun to play, and a worthy combatant in competitive settings.)
I know I said this once, but I'll say it again. I'm proud to be a play tester, but I'll warn you guys before balancing starts. Giving people a lot of options can lead to broken fighters. Like how people thought custom moves were going to be broken in tournament play. But then again they have been officially approved for tournament play.

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
I know I said this once, but I'll say it again. I'm proud to be a play tester, but I'll warn you guys before balancing starts. Giving people a lot of options can lead to broken fighters. Like how people thought custom moves were going to be broken in tournament play. But then again they have been officially approved for tournament play.
Don't worry. If anything, the changes are for balancing purposes. Also that's why we have play testers in the first place, so we know what feels broken and needs to be changed!

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
BTW, Billy Mays needs to be in the game now you've joked about it. Unlockable character, maybe?
Billy Mays riding Ridley. Don't forget the Ridley part.

Sure, you may occasionally play Mario and Link in Crusade or SSF2, but why play them when you can fight them as Sora, or Crash Bandicoot?
I think what you should do is make big changes to the veterans to make them feel new. Like Mario could have different power-ups [Propeller mushroom as recovery, perhaps?] or Pikachu with different pokemon moves [Iron Tail?] Or giving Luigi moves with the poltergust 5000 and those lightning hand thingies from Superstar saga?

Also, your saying that the spriters are working on it, but I appleyed as a spriter a while ago and you never got back to me. BTW, the game looks great so far! And please, please. Billy Mays on Ridley. Its become such a meme on this thread that now I think you kinda have to do it.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Billy Mays riding Ridley. Don't forget the Ridley part.

I think what you should do is make big changes to the veterans to make them feel new. Like Mario could have different power-ups [Propeller mushroom as recovery, perhaps?] or Pikachu with different pokemon moves [Iron Tail?] Or giving Luigi moves with the poltergust 5000 and those lightning hand thingies from Superstar saga?

Also, your saying that the spriters are working on it, but I appleyed as a spriter a while ago and you never got back to me. BTW, the game looks great so far! And please, please. Billy Mays on Ridley. Its become such a meme on this thread that now I think you kinda have to do it.
I believe I can safely say that, while most characters have tiny tweaks, they will add a lot to their potential movesets. We've tried our best to keep each character similar to their previous counterparts, but while these changes are minor and could even be ignored, they could prove to be useful competitively.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
I believe I can safely say that, while most characters have tiny tweaks, they will add a lot to their potential movesets. We've tried our best to keep each character similar to their previous counterparts, but while these changes are minor and could even be ignored, they could prove to be useful competitively.

So no Link driving a Mercedes Benz cause of Mario Kart DLC?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Important Announcement:

If anyone PMs me a Smash Demo code, I will get them included in the credits as "Cool guy".​

Last edited:

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
Important Announcement:

If anyone PMs me a Smash Demo code, I will get them included in the credits as "Cool guy".​
AND!If you give me a EU demo, you can get a sprite of whatever(within reason) you want!

D

Deleted member

Don't you think it'd be funny to have some character that is like Blade from the original SSF? Like Original the Character, or something else? :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Well, why don't you put those sprites into Unity for a later release? I mean, more characters is gonna make it better

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Looks amazing! I would love to test this out... I've already seen Super Smash Flash... But this looks beautiful, The sprites look very well done!
*cough* Ridley *cough*

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
AND!If you give me a EU demo, you can get a sprite of whatever(within reason) you want!
I hope you guys add Bowser Jr. (He looks amazing oh my god)

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Uhg, the wait for this is so much!

BREAKING NEWS!​

And with that, I show you again the characters planned for our demo that we've announced:

View attachment 24356
View attachment 24357

We'll try to update soon once we get more spriting done, we still have 3 veterans and 5 newcomers still left to announce!

Also, I just realized that Captain Falcon is not here. Why is Falcon not here?! I NEED MAH FALCOON PAWNCH!!!

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Note that that's most likely version 0.1, while the first demo will have 4 characters.

Last edited:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
So 3 veterans and 5 newcomers, is it? In that case, I predict... Captain Falcon, Bowser, Megaman, Billy Mays riding Ridley, Ganon, (Not Ganondorf, the pig guy) Issac and IDK the others.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
So 3 veterans and 5 newcomers, is it? In that case, I predict... Captain Falcon, Bowser, Megaman, Billy Mays riding Ridley, Ganon, (Not Ganondorf, the pig guy) Issac and IDK the others.
are you really gullible or

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Just asking, when do you think that a playtester demo will be ready?
This thing of text is coming from a playtester:

Trust me I can't wait to actually test out this game to make sure it succeeds in the end. I want this to be a really good Smash Bros. fan game, and I'm sure it will be, but we all still need patience. Making a game is no easy task.

Top Bottom