• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Hiya! I sent in an application. If I don't get in, I will gladly keep a close eye on this project and give advice with what the demo gives me. Cheers!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hiya! I sent in an application. If I don't get in, I will gladly keep a close eye on this project and give advice with what the demo gives me. Cheers!
Sure would be nice if they said something after they saw I was still sending in sprites C:::::
Well I think it mostly depends to who you are sending these applications and sprites to.
Who you guys sending this info too??
also hi lito

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
They sent 'em to me... I haven't had the time to respond to @ Troll Man Troll Man , but I did respond to @ LeeYawshee LeeYawshee when he signed up.
I did not get the respond, would you be so kind as to resend it?
Well I think it mostly depends to who you are sending these applications and sprites to.
also hi lito
I sent it to APC99

hi buddy, good to see you're moving up in the world with this project. take care mang, love ya all that stuff

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
also hi lito
Got tired of the wait for SSF2 and decided to build your own game? I remember the days we made expansions for that game. It is honestly incredible that two Smash games are going to release before SSF2 does.

In any case, I haven't heard much of this new project but it seems promising. I'm liking the art style of the sprites I've seen so far. Keep up the good work. You were always pretty good at coming up with interesting moveset ideas.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I loved those times. Emerl expansion... Great times...

Then I stopped and only watched other people. Yay!
Some awful times those were, though in certain aspects it allowed me to meet you and, well, you're like the only one that matters from who I met way back when, so it's still not entirely bad huh.

Anyway, a SSB fangame? What sets this one apart from Holy Wars Crusade and SSF2? Any progress yet or is it all just plans?

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Some awful times those were, though in certain aspects it allowed me to meet you and, well, you're like the only one that matters from who I met way back when, so it's still not entirely bad huh.

Anyway, a SSB fangame? What sets this one apart from Holy Wars Crusade and SSF2? Any progress yet or is it all just plans?
we are going very well so far.

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
We have made great progress so far. One thing that is different from day one of Unity is that all the sprites are custom, so there is no clashing art styles. And we have other features in future versions that we have yet to announce, that will be different from Smash games and fan games. Also the roster and stage list is an obvious difference.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
We have made great progress so far. One thing that is different from day one of Unity is that all the sprites are custom, so there is no clashing art styles. And we have other features in future versions that we have yet to announce, that will be different from Smash games and fan games. Also the roster and stage list is an obvious difference.
Sounds promising actually! Is there anything needed besides spriters? Also, any non-Smashboards forum for this or are they planned for when the game's demo is done?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Sounds promising actually! Is there anything needed besides spriters? Also, any non-Smashboards forum for this or are they planned for when the game's demo is done?
It'll likely be up after Demo v.01 hits. Speaking of which...

ftdYdHz.png

"Pic of the Day. A logo! How exciting! But there's surely more than this, right?"

"Yep. A mysterious hero watches from afar, who knows why? And is he... standing on a shovel?"

upload_2014-8-19_18-29-45.png

"Shovel Knight joins the battle! While we're still debating over a few uncertainties, Shovel Knight will be an extremely different character. He relies on his different relics, such as the Dust Knuckles, to attack opponents. However, recovery-wise, he's not as powerful. However, a player with nimble fingers can use other methods to not only recover, but confuse opponents and lay traps to lead them into a swift meeting with his spade!

We also got in contact with Yacht Club Games themselves to make sure that the character could appear. And, what do you know it, they liked our idea, and he's now a Smash fighter alongside Mario and Sonic! The sky's the limit for characters in Smash Bros. Unity!"​

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
From what little I've seen, I'm really digging the original sprites. And no, that's not meant to be a pun.
Also, since the question was dodged.
It wasn't dodged, it was because it's kinda difficult to know what you're missing until you realize it's not there; I think we need a community manager, maybe another musician and programmer, but I suggest you pm APC99 about things you could do.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
To make sure I didn't misread, I'm a playtester right? And what do you need to be a community manager? I'd like to look into that.

I also want to add that Yuchi is more competitive than I am and therefore has more experience in that kind of play. He would be a great addition to your balance team.

Last edited:

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
If I may ask, what are you making this with? Is it a completely original engine? And could I possibly become a playtester?

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
If I may ask, what are you making this with? Is it a completely original engine? And could I possibly become a playtester?
It is being made with Unity, as the title suggests. And you have to PM APC99 about being a play tester, with your SSB, SSBM, SSBB, project M(optional I think) mains. You also have to tell him your history/if you have played any fan smash bros games(ect crusade, ssf2) and why you want to playtest(not sure on that last part, but throw it in there anyway).

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Can I playtest? I could hype it up on my youtube channel and report glitches and balance issues.

My 64 main is DK
I haven't played melee [never had a gamecube]
My brawl main is Toon Link
I like SSF2, and I'v played Crusade, but found it pretty meh

Last edited:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Hey, what amount of bits is this game? [16 bit, 32 bit?] Cause I might be able to help sprite depending on what it is

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
It wasn't dodged, it was because it's kinda difficult to know what you're missing until you realize it's not there; I think we need a community manager, maybe another musician and programmer, but I suggest you pm APC99 about things you could do.
I see your signature, and I'm guessing that it means we are getting the person in it in smash [yes, I know his/her name, I'm just not saying it so if you change your signature people won't know anymore]

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Hey, is there a possibility that Mr. AR from the AR games on 3DS could enter Unity?

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Hey, is there a possibility that Mr. AR from the AR games on 3DS could enter Unity?
I can't answer it, but a possibility.

I see your signature, and I'm guessing that it means we are getting the person in it in smash [yes, I know his/her name, I'm just not saying it so if you change your signature people won't know anymore]
That's a pretty old signature, and she doesn't qualify for the game.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
It's over, boys. Now they know. Elsa 4 Unity confirmed.

Top Bottom