• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well, we've come across a few problems. So I will try to give some info quickly.

First off, the name has been changed from Smash Bros. Affinity to Smash Bros. Unity. We've decided to change it to reference the program we're using, Unity. The main reason I'm posting this, though, is to say the demo has been delayed. Our coders are having some serious troubles in real life and need to take a break. I'm not sure when they're coming back, but we do know that they're simply waiting for one or two spritesheets to begin a demo for beta testers. Once we can fix any bugs, we'll add in a few more stages/characters and have it available to the public. We hope they'll return before August ends, or worse-case scenario before SSB4 releases in Japan.

We do, however have some W.I.P. pictures to show. These come straight from our spriters.

This stage is a W.I.P. called Unity.EXE. It's very similar to Final Destination from past games, but takes place within a maze of coding. Fighters arrive here to duke it out. Who knows what surprises are in store!

Here's a stage I'm currently working on, but the background is unfinished and in need of some fixes. As to what it is, I can't reveal yet. But you'll find out soon enough...
It's gonna be hard not hinting to what this stage is.
Eh, whatever. It shouldn't be long before an official announcement. I'll make it through until then.

Come on team members. Follow me back to HQ so we can work on this.

Oh, and one other thing: Those of you who want to playtest for Unity, I'm going to make a list. If you're interested, PM me with this information:

1. Smashboards Username/Preferred Name
2. Smash 64 Main
3. Melee Main
4. Brawl Main
5. Project M Main
6. Have you played any other Smash fan games? (Crusade, Smash Flash 2, Smash Land, etc.)
7. Why do you want to playtest for us?

I'm accepting anywhere from 50-100, so make sure to contact me or any of our lovely team members ASAP! Thank you all for being patient! Don't forget to also check out SSF2's v.09b release tomorrow! The Unity Team is as excited as most of you guys are!
Great! I'll be sure to sign up! :troll:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
As a team member I can confirm one thing, litte mac shall be treated a veteran fighter , what does this mean for other smash 4 fighters.. yah shall have to wait and see ;)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

"Pic of the Day. While characters like Mario retain their palette swaps from the main Smash Bros. series and then some, characters such as Sonic have brand new colors to flaunt! Here, we see Sonic showing off his new red color, partly based off of the Virtual Hedgehogs from Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World. Sonic actually has around 8 different colors besides his normal gear."

upload_2014-7-30_0-45-0.png

"That doesn't mean that we won't see some surprises from other characters as well... Wait, why is there a intergalactic bounty hunter in the Bronx?"​

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master

"Pic of the Day. While characters like Mario retain their palette swaps from the main Smash Bros. series and then some, characters such as Sonic have brand new colors to flaunt! Here, we see Sonic showing off his new red color, partly based off of the Virtual Hedgehogs from Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World. Sonic actually has around 8 different colors besides his normal gear."

View attachment 19903

"That doesn't mean that we won't see some surprises from other characters as well... Wait, why is there a intergalactic bounty hunter in the Bronx?"​
So, New Pic(s) every Wednesday?

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Unity is an odd name for a Smash game, considering that the characters are violently beating the stuffing out of each other rather than holding hands and making friends.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Unity is an odd name for a Smash game, considering that the characters are violently beating the stuffing out of each other rather than holding hands and making friends.
Fighting deconfirmed.

We named it after the game engine we are using to actually make the game, Unity.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Oh, I see. Perhaps as a laugh you could include hard-to-execute 'friendship' super moves, like in Mortal Kombat. Mario could give the opponent a mushroom, and Samus could do a sick moonwalk.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
A stage based off the Punch Out training scene? Awesome. I like the alternate colors, not a fan of SSF2's hue changes, but those are just limitations. Also, the alternate colors here and in Crusade get me thinking, how'd you make em? Is there some programming secret, or did you manually recolor the sprites? The latter sounds really annoying and considering Crusade has a lot of characters and you guys plan on a lot of characters, hopefully it's not as much of a pain as it seems to be.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm loving the Punch-Out!! stage. Whenever I thought of other possible non-Boxing Ring stages, this never came to mind. Props, guys!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
A stage based off the Punch Out training scene? Awesome. I like the alternate colors, not a fan of SSF2's hue changes, but those are just limitations. Also, the alternate colors here and in Crusade get me thinking, how'd you make em? Is there some programming secret, or did you manually recolor the sprites? The latter sounds really annoying and considering Crusade has a lot of characters and you guys plan on a lot of characters, hopefully it's not as much of a pain as it seems to be.
So far, we've manually made 'em. Luckily, a lot of the team members double as recolor workers, so we can do both. I think almost every member's done at least one palette within the game. :laugh:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Are these mock-up images or are they in-game screenshots?
These two are mock-ups for the time being. The engine is completed, we're only waiting on finishing our spritesheets. We have 4 people on the spritesheets, and it's close to completion, according to them.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Are you not someone big in this project? It was my understanding you were important!
I made it. Then I gave it to APC because I'm too insane to run a team.
Now I'm average.

I'm working my way up in the world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom