• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Sooo...just out of curiosity, was any progress ever made on this? Are you still looking for spriters or something? There doesn't seem to be anything but talk here.
I can tell you that there's designs for each characters, and quite a few stages made already. We're currently programming a test demo using other sprites for private use, until our spritesheets are complete and everything else is ready, but ideas are basically done, and now it's just coding and making spritesheets.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't know if you guys need help with scenario writing, but if you do, I'm your man. I'm nationally acclaimed in Lit. Arts.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Cool.
I think we're good right now, but we shall keep that in mind.
Alrighty then. I'm up for anything you guys have in mind, should you need me. My skill pool is so small I just try to contribute any was possible with anything! XD

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Alrighty then. I'm up for anything you guys have in mind, should you need me. My skill pool is so small I just try to contribute any was possible with anything! XD
KeyBladeGuy and I are the only people on the team who are actually writers (that I'm aware of), so I'm sure we will need your services once we have made more progress.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
KeyBladeGuy and I are the only people on the team who are actually writers (that I'm aware of), so I'm sure we will need your services once we have made more progress.
Got it. I'll be willing to work with you guys in any way possible, and with whatever you have. Thanks again!

TailzWolf

Smash Apprentice
Given the highly-pixelated nature of the game, probably the latter two.

I can see a use for the former three, maybe, but I can't really explain on this thread.
The latter 2 would be Official/Roster art. The former 3 would be concept art and reference/model sheets. I think we have different views about what "concept art" is.
Anyways, like I said, I'm here to help.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
The latter 2 would be Official/Roster art. The former 3 would be concept art and reference/model sheets. I think we have different views about what "concept art" is.
Anyways, like I said, I'm here to help.
I was just using it to mean "Official art of a character not necessarily found in-game, normally meant to show what the character would look like in a higher-quality medium."

Edit: But whatever, you get the get idea...

I'll keep bugging them to add you.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
How far along are you guys at this point? Still in planning?
Mostly. The roster is complete, sprites are being made, an engine is being developed, and all we're really in need of planning is items and stages, if we even include items in the demo.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Mostly. The roster is complete, sprites are being made, an engine is being developed, and all we're really in need of planning is items and stages, if we even include items in the demo.
Excellent!

Honestly I'd maybe leave items out for the first demo. You guys are going to have enough of a headache with just characters and stages getting made without throwing things like Smash Balls into the mix.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Hey before you finish the roster for SSBA I would love to help with planning of the game. I have a lot of concept art I have had for Smash in the past. I can even help with movesets and stages. I can also help with recolors of characters. Or add me into the Group so I can help discuss.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Hey before you finish the roster for SSBA I would love to help with planning of the game. I have a lot of concept art I have had for Smash in the past. I can even help with movesets and stages. I can also help with recolors of characters. Or add me into the Group so I can help discuss.
We have enough people who do what I bolded.
Would you like to share some of your art? We have a few people who do that, but at least it's a material contribution.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hmm. This place is dead.

Don't worry, folks, a basic demo is being worked on!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
How far are you guys?
We're getting along. Our coder is currently ill, so the demo will be likely out early July.

So, for now, here's some current in-development pictures. Note that these are pieces of concept art. It's likely that sprites won't be final, and that stages are currently taken from other sources and will be re-sprited at a later date:

"Pic of the Day. A battle destined by fate, above the stars two brothers fight for supremacy."

"Pic of the Day. Now, how do I get there?"

"Pic of the Day. Something seems wrong here..."
(Mario Galaxy made by Nintendo95 on DeviantArt)
(Onett made by Radioactive Blueberry on Spriter's Resource)
(Kokiri Forest made by Type2OhOwl & Clash X)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

"Pic of the Day. A battle destined by fate, above the stars two brothers fight for supremacy."

"Pic of the Day. Now, how do I get there?"

"Pic of the Day. Something seems wrong here..."​
The images broke (at least on my side).

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
This project looks interesting, to say the least. I'm glad those sprites don't style clash with each other unlike some other fan games.

I'd be willing to give feedback once I got to see or play it whenever a demo comes out.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Saw this through Reddit. I love the artstyle! I would be happy to test out your game and give you any feedback. I love games like SSF2 and Crusade

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
This project sounds really cool. I'd be interested in testing as well if you're looking for feedback.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
We'll release a public demo/alpha eventually.
I think it will be late this/next month.
(Subject to change)

Last edited:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Hmm. This place is dead.

Don't worry, folks, a basic demo is being worked on!
If you're looking to expand the game, I'd really like to help in the spriting department. I can adapt to other styles pretty easily.

Top Bottom