• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity (Coming Soon...)

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
By soon, I meant tomorrow. I have nothing too much, although I'm actually fairly far into developing a beta test. Just a few bugs with movement, sprite replacement and speed, and I'll be able to replace them with the current sprites for a test animation.
Yay! gif!

Last edited:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out that I may be of help in the future, as I am currently learning how to sprite.

I'll get back to you guys when I think I may be of help.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Mega Bidoof! I have two excellent ideas for how you can incorporate Bidoof into Affinity:

Diddoof:
A fusion of Ditto and Bidoof, who takes the copy-anyone powers of Ditto and the silly-random-awesomeness of Bidoof, crams them together and creates the single greatest Mojukin Fighter to ever live.

How it works:
Bidoof is a character in the roster like any other, and when he enters the stage, he is a gelatinous tube like Mega Man, but springing from the background before he briefly assumes his true form. He then transforms into a random character from the roster, but with a Bidoof face and any relevant pallette alterations. He fights just like the original, but one of his taunts is replaced with him reverting to Didoof form and [doing something].

Diddoof's "true" form is just a Ditto with Bidoof's face and fur color. He also changes to a different character at the start of every life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doofiverse: In another dimensnion, there resides a hive, a hive where all of the strange Doofusions live.
It's roughly halfway between Final Destination and Smashville in terms of size, with many Fusion-Doofs in the background. At the top of a mighty rock resides Alakadoof, the apparent Doofus King. Around his rock lay relatively peaceful Doofi, who are either eating, sleeping or watching the fight.
Various Doofi intrude upon the fight, including a WobbaDoof, who appears at random areas of the Battle Field and uses Mirror Coat/Counter.
Not all of the Doofi are nuisances, though; Friendly WailDoofs and their accompanying Doofmers may appear and catch a falling Player.
Just beware the monster lurking in the shadows...
Courtesy of someone on the Bidoof Support Thread

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mega Bidoof! I have two excellent ideas for how you can incorporate Bidoof into Affinity:

Diddoof:
A fusion of Ditto and Bidoof, who takes the copy-anyone powers of Ditto and the silly-random-awesomeness of Bidoof, crams them together and creates the single greatest Mojukin Fighter to ever live.

How it works:
Bidoof is a character in the roster like any other, and when he enters the stage, he is a gelatinous tube like Mega Man, but springing from the background before he briefly assumes his true form. He then transforms into a random character from the roster, but with a Bidoof face and any relevant pallette alterations. He fights just like the original, but one of his taunts is replaced with him reverting to Didoof form and [doing something].

Diddoof's "true" form is just a Ditto with Bidoof's face and fur color. He also changes to a different character at the start of every life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doofiverse: In another dimensnion, there resides a hive, a hive where all of the strange Doofusions live.
It's roughly halfway between Final Destination and Smashville in terms of size, with many Fusion-Doofs in the background. At the top of a mighty rock resides Alakadoof, the apparent Doofus King. Around his rock lay relatively peaceful Doofi, who are either eating, sleeping or watching the fight.
Various Doofi intrude upon the fight, including a WobbaDoof, who appears at random areas of the Battle Field and uses Mirror Coat/Counter.
Not all of the Doofi are nuisances, though; Friendly WailDoofs and their accompanying Doofmers may appear and catch a falling Player.
Just beware the monster lurking in the shadows...
Courtesy of someone on the Bidoof Support Thread
This will be considered.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Hope not. I would assume that they just don't have much they need to publicly talk about.
Hmm, MegaB mind updating OP? I had to read through the entire thread to realize what was going on. (Newcomers being announced, website outdated, etc.). Also screenshots of progress now and then would be much appreciated.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hmm, MegaB mind updating OP? I had to read through the entire thread to realize what was going on. (Newcomers being announced, website outdated, etc.). Also screenshots of progress now and then would be much appreciated.
I'm on break right now, so I cannot speak for the team at the moment.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
We still need more sprites for the trailer.
The thing is I agree with everyone else, your first build shouldn't have 20 characters. It should have 5-7 well developed characters. And trying to cram in that many playable characters into your first iteration of the game will just cause balancing issues and most likely bug the hell out the game, especially with an amateur team (i think it's great, don't get me wrong). Focus on small chunks of the project at one time rather than trying to do everything at once. Try to see the bigger picture, a game that plays better but takes a while to be produced is much more likely to succeed than a big pile of unfinished characters/stages/items.

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
The thing is I agree with everyone else, your first build shouldn't have 20 characters. It should have 5-7 well sprites, well developed characters. And trying to cram in that many playable characters into your first iteration of the game will just cause balancing issues and most likely bug the hell out the game, especially with an amateur team (i think it's great, don't get me wrong). Focus on small chucks of the project at one time rather than trying to do everything at once. Try to see the bigger picture, a game that plays better but takes a while to get going and have a running build is much more likely to succeed than a big pile of unfinished work.
Hmm, I will make sure Bidoof gets this tomorrow. Sounds good to me. But I'm not coding it, so I wouldn't know. Try asking @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof , or @ APC99 APC99 .

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The thing is I agree with everyone else, your first build shouldn't have 20 characters. It should have 5-7 well developed characters. And trying to cram in that many playable characters into your first iteration of the game will just cause balancing issues and most likely bug the hell out the game, especially with an amateur team (i think it's great, don't get me wrong). Focus on small chunks of the project at one time rather than trying to do everything at once. Try to see the bigger picture, a game that plays better but takes a while to be produced is much more likely to succeed than a big pile of unfinished characters/stages/items.
I haven't announced this yet, and I am not sure if I should say this yet, but we will release a version BEFORE 0.1. It will have certain characters from the roster, and will act sort of as a "beta beta."
We may release more than one of these "beta betas," but I am not sure.

As for the trailer, I have everything laid out, and I know exactly what I want to do, but we need more sprites! I cannot stress his enough! No sprites means no game! And we don't have any character spriters!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I haven't announced this yet, and I am not sure if I should say this yet, but we will release a version BEFORE 0.1. It will have certain characters from the roster, and will act sort of as a "beta beta."
We may release more than one of these "beta betas," but I am not sure.

As for the trailer, I have everything laid out, and I know exactly what I want to do, but we need more sprites! I cannot stress his enough! No sprites means no game! And we don't have any character spriters!
You might even say Alpha.
As I told APC, it's important not to go crazy with the amount of frames in an animation. Kirby games are a great example of this. The Cutter Combo looks great, but it has maybe 12 frames.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You might even say Alpha.
As I told APC, it's important not to go crazy with the amount of frames in an animation. Kirby games are a great example of this. The Cutter Combo looks great, but it has maybe 12 frames.
Yes, I know.
We will take a look at some other fan-Smash sprites to see what others generally use.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Just in case anyone didn't know, Tornado here is the head of stage design.

He has some really cool and creative ideas I think everyone would like, though we can't reveal any of them yet.
yes i do stage stuff and will post likely do the stage stuff for race to the finsh and brake the targets if we have them.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Well, I would have thought you would see more. By my understanding, it works like this:

TBD: Here's [a drawing of/a summary of/programming for] a stage. Is good?

Spriters: Sure

TBD: Great! What do you have in mind for it?

Spriters: Get back to work.

It just seems odd that the stage guy doesn't know what the stages look like or how they are made past what he himself does for it.

But I'm sure you all are making great stuff, so feel free to ignore my confusion. Keep up the good work! Whatever it may be!

Again: Does your team have a music guy?

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Well, I would have thought you would see more. By my understanding, it works like this:

TBD: Here's [a drawing of/a summary of/programming for] a stage. Is good?

Spriters: Sure

TBD: Great! What do you have in mind for it?

Spriters: Get back to work.

It just seems odd that the stage guy doesn't know what the stages look like or how they are made past what he himself does for it.

But I'm sure you all are making great stuff, so feel free to ignore my confusion. Keep up the good work! Whatever it may be!

Again: Does your team have a music guy?
its not quite like that .. its not that they arn't showing me anything .. its i'm not sure if they have done any thing yet.

Top Bottom