• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct confirmed for November 1st

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
It’s happening, everyone. The last Direct before the release of one of the most anticipated games of the year. Will we finally see what Spirits mode is all about? Will we see the final character reveals? It’s only a matter of time before our questions are answered. The presentation begins at 7:00 a.m. PT and 10:00 a.m. ET.

Link to Twitter announcement
Link to livestream site

What are you guys anticipating to see when it drops? Personally, I want to see Ken’s official announcement.

Last edited:

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
YES! Finally this drought will end! I would like a Story Mode (with new fancy cinematics) and some surprise characters. I want the most convincing leaks on characters so far to have all been red herrings to throw us off. Bring me Kid Icarus Medusa! Bring me Dixie! Bring me Hilda!

...and I’m cool with Spirits Mode if it’s confirmed. The rumoured setting for it sounds good and has a nice tribute to the original Smash game and bringing it all back to where we started.

Last edited:

Imfrikinbad

Smash Cadet
I am so excited. I think we'll see the full roster announced (minus DLC) and I think the "mysterious mode" that wasn't shown in the last one will be shown. Story mode? Yes please. Also, can we get trophy lotto and trophy rush again?? :) All modes included in every other game would be bomb.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Get HYPE

Can't wait for them to finally confirm Abraham Lincoln as the last playable character, and then do 35 minutes of Smash Run gameplay that features all the characters from the Grinch leak as trash mobs

Sprintle

Smash Rookie
This'll definitely be interesting. Basically will outright confirm whether Grinch Leak is true or not.

If they announce a downloadable demo, I will go through the ceiling.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Dammit, those times...

Well, I believe I'm free that day but going to be doing a lot of shopping so I may have to hold off for a bit. I'm hyped though! I anticipate hearing what this game's online feature will offer!

EDIT: It's worth noting that since they say it is the final Direct, I would expect all the cards laid out. We know at this point that Sakurai is no fan of legit leaks and has done a solid job of holding game information back.

Last edited:

Jam 502

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
6306-8320-2143
The final development of the game is in a week. I expect everyone to be announced that was from “The Grinch” leak (along with their respected stages) and for an additional 2 characters from the DLC at the end of the direct.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Thursday, November 1st, 2018 at 10:00 where I live? I never thought I would have any motivation to get through a math test as fast as possible in my life, but here I am with my motivation being this Smash Direct.

I can’t wait to say “I told you so” to all the hardcore believers of the Grinch leak.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Thursday, November 1st, 2018 at 10:00 where I live? I never thought I would have any motivation to get through a math test as fast as possible in my life, but here I am with my motivation being this Smash Direct.

I can’t wait to say “I told you so” to all the hardcore believers of the Grinch leak.
The Grinch leak is more fake than the Rayman leak. And the Rayman leak was pretty fake.

Feels bad man, It's 7 am where I live, I won' be able to see all of it.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Wow, happening literally in the middle of the 1 part of the day (9:30-11) that I cannot watch it, oh well, a little disappointed to not be able to experience it live but I do look forward to getting caught up at 11.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As much as I'd love to see the Grinch leak come to pass, I feel like we're going to get something pretty close to the Vergeben leak - Ken, Incineroar, and a Square-Enix character. (Geno? Lara Croft? Crono? 2B? Someone from Dragon Quest?)

Even with forty minutes, it seems like a tight fit to cram in five unique characters (and the stages that will most likely be associated with them), two echoes, and details on the Spirits mode. Maybe it could happen - I'd LOVE to see it happen - but I'm still skeptical.

Also, don't go "I told you so!" regardless of the outcome of this (that seems like it's in bad taste), don't go to discussion threads for characters who didn't make it in to make fun of them, and generally be nice to one another. We're all in this together, after all. (and keep in mind that this is the last Direct before the game launches - that doesn't rule out a post-launch Direct focusing on DLC)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I see. A Smash Ultimate direct that will determine whether this “Grinch leak” I’ve been hearing about everywhere is true or not. Haven’t seen this **** myself but I really don’t care about it as with all the past leaks. In fact, I really don’t care about the outcome of the presentation, I’m already satisfied with how the game turned out in terms of character roster and stuff.

That being said, I’m still looking forward to all the other surprises this direct will have in store for us.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If the Grinch leak is true then I can honestly say I'm much more hyped for Spirits mode, details on additional modes (All-Star, Homerun Contest, Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, Smash Run, etc.), as well as online play details over the characters. If we get a "Test Smash" at the end like I predicted a month ago as well as the date of the last Direct and the fact we wouldn't get any new info in October... I will lose my mind!

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Banjo and Isaac are coming back from the dead, a brand new mode is going to be shown off, it's ridiculous how every time I think this game can't get any better for me, IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER. I am lucky enough to have the day off even. I did not have fun trying to watch the 8.8 direct from my pocket while working lol.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If it turns out the Grinch leak is true, I'll just go to the kitchen to prepare some black tea. There'd be no point watching the entire thing. Like I said before, I think the leak is bull****, but if it turns out to be true, then it's even more lackluster than Isabelle's announcement. With Ridley and King K. Rool's announcement, there isn't, in my mind, that much else to look forward to, except the release of the game. I might care about Mach Rider, only because I played and owned the game as a child.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I won't be able to see the Smash Direct during its live presentation, since I have volunteer work to do on Thursday.

Anyway, maybe we'll get the final set of base game newcomers. I did kind of think about if the roster ended with 72 fighters (excluding Echo Fighters). With Isabelle being #68, we'd be down to the final four.

Bob-omb-omb

Smash Rookie
It's always a good day when you wake up to news of a Nintendo Direct happening soon.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
also this is the last SMASH direct remember there is a rumored 2nd direct in nov ( pokemon??)

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
also this is the last SMASH direct remember there is a rumored 2nd direct in nov ( pokemon??)
If that rumored 2nd direct is true you think they might try to shock the audience with one last unexpected character reveal?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If we even do get a 2nd direct this month I feel it's gonna be either A. Another General Direct (seems unlikely) or B. A direct for Mario Kart Tour. I doubt we get a Pokemon Direct. I mean what more can you say about Let's Go that hasn't already been said/shown to death. They're remakes for Cripes Sake. The only way I could see a Pokemon Direct happening is if there's some more Pokemon spin-off titles coming to Switch/3DS in early 2019. I highly doubt it.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
y'know what, I've been on Team Real this whole time, but sorry, I'm wavering to Team Fake

grinch leak too good to be true

EDIT: oh man, 12 hours remaining
uh, I'm settling on Team Real now

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even with forty minutes, it seems like a tight fit to cram in five unique characters (and the stages that will most likely be associated with them), two echoes, and details on the Spirits mode. Maybe it could happen - I'd LOVE to see it happen - but I'm still skeptical.
And on top of covering the mystery mode, they also have to cover the online modes, the rest of the singleplayer content, and all of the Vault features.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of the Vault, this could be the Smash Direct that determines the fate of custom special moves. Are they back, or are they dead?

I more hope that they're back, because they have the potential, but got held back in Smash 3DS / Wii U by the unlocking criteria. One solution would be to make them all available right off the bat.

FNUStory

Smash Cadet
Speaking of the Vault, this could be the Smash Direct that determines the fate of custom special moves. Are they back, or are they dead?

I more hope that they're back, because they have the potential, but got held back in Smash 3DS / Wii U by the unlocking criteria. One solution would be to make them all available right off the bat.
To be perfectly honest, they sucked as a concept to begin with, and were made infinitely worse by the way they were implemented in Smash 4.

I would hope custom specials are dead this game. What I'm particularly excited about is the mystery mode.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be perfectly honest, they sucked as a concept to begin with, and were made infinitely worse by the way they were implemented in Smash 4.
While it's true that the unlocking criteria was poorly handled, custom specials would give you the option to alter how a fighter plays. For an example, Mario's Fast Fireball can be spammed more easily than the default Fireball, despite being less damaging.

Last edited:
Top Bottom